What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

800W CMH and 400W HPS Perpetual

Veg/mom tent

Veg/mom tent

Ok, here is my veg tent:
picture.php

I have 2 x T5 4100k I think and 2 x 23W 6500k CFL's for my seedlings, cuttings and young moms on the top of the tent.

picture.php

From left to right:
Sour Bubble, Sour Diesel, The Church, Cheese, Sour Diesel x Bubblegum, Blue Moon Rocks x2, Bubba gum (Bros. Grimm x Bush Hash Plant), Jack's cleaner 2 x3, Agent Orange, and warlock round out the top shelf.

The bottom contains my moms and larger veg plants that are getting ready to flower, I have a 85W 4100k CFL, 4 x 23W 6500k CFLs, and 1 32W 2700k CFL

picture.php

Sweet tooth, Rocklock, Blue Dream, Headband, Blue Madness, Gonzo, Flo are at the bottom of my line-up. Thanks for stopping by!:ying::kos::asskick::Bolt:

A little more about my set-up

A little more about my set-up

I recently moved and lost about 2 weeks of time in my grow.... I had to leave my veg plants at my old house while setting up the new house, and some of my older veg plants got N defs and were under-cared for during that 2 weeks.... Luckily everything is back to normal, I have fixed any deficiencies, and I have caught up in my perpetual schedule so I should be harvesting about every 5 days give or take a couple.....

My old cabinet was about 1/5 the size of my current tent, so things have changed quite a bit since my last thread here. I am now using a 4 inch vortex and a 6 inch inline fan, one connected to a DIY carbon scrubber (idea was from here in a couple of threads and it works GREAT for about 1/8 the cost) and the inline to a can fan. I may end up using the vortex to air cool my CMH's and HPS if temps get too crazy in the summer. My CMH's run with no reflectors, while my HPS is in a daystar that can be cooled, but isn't atm. If temps get too bad, I will make a cool tube for my CMH's.

I have 2 400W Ceramic Metal Halide bulbs hung vertically on each side of a 400W HPS that hangs in the middle of my tent. I am thinking of upgrading to a 600W HPS for the middle, but I am happy with what I have running (for now!)

picture.php

The right side of my tent has movable shelves that I am using for SOG style smaller plants. These plants mainly get CMH light, but one side each day gets HPS light, just no all that much.
picture.php

The plants in the middle are my larger plants that are in the middle state of growth. Plants in this section of the tent get light from HPS and CMH on each side, so they are very happy at this point.... I finish my larger plants on the left side of the tent, again maximizing the CMH light, but they also get a good amount of HPS from the left side, since my light is not centered exactly in the tent for this reason. Plants also get about 3-4 hours of supplemental light from the sun on normal days, as my tent is close to a window and allows quite a bit of light into the tent.... It still amazes me that no matter how bright the lights are in my tent, the sun still dwarfs the power of my lights (gotta love nature!)
picture.php

Flo now in da house!
picture.php

Lights out(right)- Cannalope Haze is the furthest to the left, the main cola is getting pretty dense!
picture.php

Lights out (left):
picture.php

Thanks for stopping by!:dance:

Last edited:
JamieShoes- Thanks for the kind words and rep!

I will be chopping Pineapple Skunk tomorrow @ day 65 so I will update with pics then. She is kinda leafy so chopping looks to be a pain to cut down, but her buds are swelling much bigger than I thought she would.

Maui Wowie will also be chopped soon , not sure when she will come down yet though, I'm still watching the trichs and she looks close to done @ 61 days, but I will push her to at least 65 to see what will happen.... Anyone grow out Maui Wowie? I got it as a clone so I didn't have much info on her.

Maui Wowie doesn't seem to care about my bamboo stakes!
picture.php

Agent Orange, topped in 3 gallon smart pot-day 17:
picture.php

Gonzo, day 14:
picture.php

Ballasts trying to stay cool:
picture.php

Pineapple is getting ready for the chopping block and is resting before her execution in the morning:moon:

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
I'm glad you came into my grow journal as it allowed me to follow ya back to yours LOL.. Looking really good Smokes, and that sure is a mouth watering variety of plants you got going. That strawberry caugh looked extrmely dank... I'm hoping to get a lil taste of her in Rez's dsd. A Strawberry smelling/tasting herb sounds down right delicous IMO.

What brand tent, and what size is the veg tent smokes? I'm looking to get something for my mothers/cloning, and that size looks to be ideal for my needs. It didn't come with the shelf right? I know the clonebox does, though yours seems taller then the clonebox in the pics. What kinda exhaust do you use with it, and when zipped up do u ever have any issues with humidity inside? Thanks for any info...

Wooooooohoo!

Wooooooohoo!

Picked up 2 G-13 clone only and a Jack Herer clone, one of the G13's went straight into the flowering tent and the other will become a mom as well as the JH which will also become a mom.

Postman! Thanks for stopping in man, I'm honored! Sorry, I don't know the brand of my veg tent, I picked it up from San Fran last time I was there, all by luck really but I got it on sale. The shelf I put in there myself, I bought a shelf that you would normally hang on a wall, and hung it from cross-bars on the tent. I tied it at 8 different spots along the sides and back to keep it from moving. I am currently looking for an adjustable shelf so I can add another level to that tent, I am running low on room!

Loco-thanks for stoppin by man, I appreciate the kind words.

Maui Wowie is getting close to being finished @ 63 days. I will let her go a few more days and pull her at 66 or 67 I think.
I will post pics of the G13 and JH tomorrow, keep it green!

Toob

that domina looks like some realll chronic. Great job. Im switchin it up and joing you perpetuals! our grows are very similar. Im sticking with half cmh hps, think itll be good for lowering stretch on my 12/12 from seed plants.

Hey Toob- Yeah the plants sure seem to like the dual spectrum, don't they?

Postman, I picked up a shelf from Target on sale today that fits nicely. I need to clip my moms a bit so I can fit a 3rd area for my clones/seedlings on top. I'll take some pictures tomorrow after I cut Mawi Wowie!

I'm really interested in seeing the rootzone since this is the first time I used a smart pot and am thinking of switching to them..... I will probably do a side by side grow comparison soon, maybe I will use the Jack Herer for that.

I will post pictures tomorrow of Maui's demise.... She sure is getting shiny and fat! I need to get a camera because my pictures don't so her justice.... Keep it green!:smoker::canabis:

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like you have your setup dialed in! I also get crusty looking leaves after spraying with neem oil most times. It seems the more the mite damage on the leaf the more damage from the neem it seems to get. Black Domina looks fantastic!

Thanks Guyute, I appreciate it! I just started testing the Domina, it seems pretty strong- makes my eyes droop a bit which doesn't happen too much anymore as my tolerance went up.It has an earthy/sandlewood smell and a smooth-spicy kinda taste.

I delayed cutting Maui for at least 2 more days, she is getting much fatter but still looks like she could flush a bit more, so I will pull her around 68 or 70 days into flower.

Thanks for stoppin in, keep it GreeN!

Maui Wowie CHOP

Maui Wowie CHOP

Thanks for stopping in Whoman! I'm loving it too, especially on days like today when it's choppin time!

Maui Wowie pre chop
picture.php

picture.php

She sure was a leafy bitch to cut, or am I supposed to say hash lovers dream?
She also has a pretty skunky stink to her, reminds me of stuff I used to smoke years ago.....

I have been battling mites on my Bubba Gum (Bros. Grimm male x Bush hash plant) and have noticed that they are coming after the plants that have hash plant or hash plant crosses first.... I brought a Hash plant clone from a dispensary a few weeks ago but it was attacked by mites immediately.... I am not sure if they came on the plant or not..... I neemed that plant a few times, noticed I was loosing the battle and culled it. Since then, mites have attacked Bubba Gum and since this plant is "rare" I am trying my hardest not to lose this plant. It has a very lemon smell to it, so that narrows it down as to which Bros Grimm male it was (hoping C99?). Anyway, I ordered predatory mites and released them a few days ago, hopefully they are HUNGRY!

You can see the grains they "rode" in on.... hopefully the grains aren't too hard to get off lol

picture.php

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
predatory mites... is it just me or does anyone else think the idea of a little army of mites going to fight the war against evil sound well cool? "stand back chaps, I'm going in"

best of luck with the beasties mate I hope you get it sorted. can't be any fun at all having to deal with them at this late stage :(

Nice buds man! The Strawberry cough turned out great, I've never seen that strain purple before!

Hows the smoke? I've been interested in it for an anti-anxiety/relaxer but with still a sort of up high. Would it do the trick?

i have the same tent "SECERET JARDIN" and i was wondering how many you fit @ a time?? i have a 1000w and i was gonna try to fit 15. what do you think, maybe too many??

Jamie- haha yeah that's what I was thinking..... THIS MEANS WAR!!!! 500 predators came in the pack with 3 types of mites so depending on my conditions they wont all die (different humidity and temp preferences). I may order some every month or 2 and let them loose as a preventative as I am now using a sulfur burner and Neem oil or SM-90 will burn if you use a sulfur spray or burner too soon after.

Jim- Thanks for the kind words.... Yes I am enjoying the cough very much. It has a nice up high and no burnout at all- a nice wake and bake kinda smoke that doesn't have a lot or paranoia or make your heart race. I had a clone of this cut, I think it may have been a Kyle Kushman Strawberry Cough, but I had a shelf break a couple months ago and I lost that clone that was to become a mother. I will be looking for the same cut in the future because this is one I want to keep around!

Reafer, what kind of set-up are you running? Do you find that the 1000 provides coverage to the whole tent or do the far left and right get enough light? Because of the rectangle shape of the tent, I used multiple lower watt lamps so I could get better coverage. I am currently running 14 plants in different size pots because I am still experimenting with what will work in my space.... some are small SOG plants while others are 6" bushes/ mini trees, so depending on if you so SOG or are running different plants and strains will dictate if you have space for more. I also have 3 osc fans, 2 stationary fans, and my 2 exhaust fans taking up space in my tent so I think you cant fit 15 in there easily if you tried. What size do you plan on flipping the new plants at?

W

WhoMan

Great thread, beautiful photos with great colors and a phunny ass way to think about the might fight thanks for the lol JamieShoes. Fight on brotha.

im running a 1000w. H.p.s. 8" air cooled hood with one inline 8" vortex for intake and exhaust. Figure i'll throw a couple osc. fans in there as well. Im going to start with a purple strain of some sort (with all the variety around where i live any purp's will suffice.) and them some OG Kush. Dont know what you mean by "what size do you plan on flipping the new plants at?" I really like the tent so far and now that iv'e seen one in action i like it that much better. I'm pretty sure i can fit fifteen five gallon buckets. But i love what your doin keep up the great work and on with the might fight!!!