What's new

8,000 watt soilless, hurr we go

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
very cool thanks for stoppin by to let me know im about to cause a fire :biggrin:

im thinking about just throwing one or two 20A 240 breakers and switching one or both of the ACs the 240... do big 220volt (18,000btu) window units ever pull more than 8-10amps on start up? Obviously I'll run the correct gauge wire and switch out the outlets. I'll send a PM to Rives too, hopefully he can help me workout a couple of the details...

:tiphat:

when it comes to electricity and giving out correct SAFE advice, rives is the man to see...

i would love to help you out more but chances are ill only confuse you...i do my things safe, but if someone else were to enter my garden they could cause a fire....cuz i bust short cuts, lol....

but rives will tell you how to do it properly and safe the same as if a pro did it

Ground Up

Very nice, good choice on the attic fan just make sure that its CFM is greater than the total CFM you're pushing into the attic.. I'm gonna be adding another smaller one right next to it when the second room is running. Also closing all other gable vents other wise they will turn into intakes and short circuit the air flow from soffit vents.

Styrofoam won't provide sound insulation... sound insulation is all about density...

Most interior doors are hollow... I filled mine with the densest expanding foam I could... with heavier duty hinges to hold the added weight I can't hear shit from the room anymore.

Marine foam is the best cheap solution if you just wanna hang something... it is used (among other things) for insulating the engine rooms of boats... rich people don't wanna hear dual V12 diesels running while they sip martinis on their yachts.. :biggrin:

ANYWAYS i took out both 15A 120v breakers and replaced em with a 20A 240v for downstairs AC... just gotta find the right tandem/wafer breaker so I can bring back the 15A 120v circuits.
The foam is more for heat.. i dont want to have a sauna in my veg room!! i am still going to run a 8' max fan to help the process.. hell who knows maybe ill buy my ac unit its own ac unit.....i miss warehouses!!!

Floridian

Veteran
Great setup bro but wouldnt you want the lower amperage circuits for 240V and higher amperage for the lower voltage?

whatthe215

Veteran
day 50 12/12

bad quality but you can only notice the tops with lights off, bubba table
picture.php

bubba
picture.php

bubba closer, biggest colas are fist sized
picture.php

SFV OG, wish i had more than 1 light of it
picture.php

added AN Overdrive and cut out CalMag to drop N. dropped Floranova to about 4ml/gal... OGs are really eating.. lots of yellow and purple leaves.

Ground Up

downstairs is just about done, just needa throw panda up and mount the AC.
View Image

brand spankin new 18k btu GE window AC with custom exhaust box.
View Image

I'm gonna be using trays downstairs instead of plywood, 2x4 and panda tables. I was thinking about using 4 4'x4' trays instead of 4'x8's.... thoughts?
4x4 are great if running multi strains.. i use a lot of different methods and just changed to vert from horiz... JJez i like the pain.. white tables show critters faster...IMO,,, shit do a few side by side with them..airpots versus regular, top drip verses flood and D... I'll keep you busy!!

whatthe215

Veteran
4x4 are great if running multi strains.. i use a lot of different methods and just changed to vert from horiz... JJez i like the pain.. white tables show critters faster...IMO,,, shit do a few side by side with them..airpots versus regular, top drip verses flood and D... I'll keep you busy!!

& BTW... your bubbas look sick!!

I ended up getting the 4x8s.. were cheaper and I'm only tryna run 1 strain per room after these first couple runs.

Thanks man, wish you could see em in person.. photos never do it justice.

aww yea dude. your killin it. peace

WOOT WOOT! I play this for my plants around week 5, let em know I appreciate all their hard work.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Nmip4sPHM

--------

downstairs is finished, just gotta grab some duct clamps to put all the ventilation together… then lots of transplanting tomorrow.

picture.php

New AC is way nice… IDK why I ever thought a used AC from craigslist would cut it.

picture.php

&& lots of very sad plants ready to be in bigger pots.

picture.php

downstairs will be getting a drip system as well... screw hand watering.

D

DHF

Respect Bro.....attention to detail is everything....Love the exhaust box on the wallbanger a/c....

Mmmm....Bubba...Hope harvey`s good to yas and ......Get them blumats when budget provides.....

Makes life easy peasy...Shit all but grows itself once dialed and hoonin.....

Peace....DHF....:ying:....

whatthe215

Veteran
bubbas are coming down today at day 64. here's the first of about 45...
picture.php

the OGs will go another week til day 70
picture.php

downstairs OGs, using 5 gal pots.. 17 on the table. this room will probably veg for 2-3 weeks to fill the pots with roots.
picture.php

downstairs bubbas, they did well in the 3 gal so i wanna compare side by side see if the 5s are worth it.
picture.php

til next time

ogatec2

hi..just read the 1st post in the tread.u should use pond liners on those tables! my apologies if its been stated already

supermanlives

Veteran
that ac exhaust box is sweet man. are you using a fan too ? how long a run of ducting for the exhaust? i need to do the same thing

Latest posts

Latest posts