What's new

8,000 watt soilless, hurr we go

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
real nice grows read the whole thread and i rarely do that anymore...in a world of big warehouses and outdoor giants its nice to see a good old fashioned residential grow house!

that SFV looked nice, its kinda tricky but after a while they are a breeze to grow, just need a lot of pruning and training which can get annoying...one of the few strains i can still get nice money for...i love bubba kush but the commercial people grow so much of it that its barely worth anything in my market..

anyways i noticed you just use pandafilm and some duct tape to mark off the windows? or is there something else...i went that route on my first grows and it always was a pain in the ass. even the gorilla tape would eventually lose its stickyness and there was also some damn negative pressure that would pull the film and bulge it...now i use wooden boards drilled into the frames with liquid nails to seal them up.

also im using real similar nutes and method....i was in Soil, loved it, switched to coco because "everyone else uses it"....it was cool hitting them everyday with feedings and watching them swell up big and fast, but i didnt like the look/flavor as much as my soil runs, so i switched back to soil. yeah you can get one extra harvest by cutting flower time a week, running coco and picking @ 52 days, but luckily im not growing indoors to pay the bills. i know some of my coco friends produce some top notch herbs but for some reason my OG kush just tastes better in soil!

dope thread...good luck with things. post up some more nug pics if you get the chance!

B

BasementGrower

ive noticed extra hairs and pistils.. comes from too much N late flower? .. lol i had it happen with a couple plants..

B

BasementGrower

real nice grows read the whole thread and i rarely do that anymore...in a world of big warehouses and outdoor giants its nice to see a good old fashioned residential grow house!

that SFV looked nice, its kinda tricky but after a while they are a breeze to grow, just need a lot of pruning and training which can get annoying...one of the few strains i can still get nice money for...i love bubba kush but the commercial people grow so much of it that its barely worth anything in my market..

anyways i noticed you just use pandafilm and some duct tape to mark off the windows? or is there something else...i went that route on my first grows and it always was a pain in the ass. even the gorilla tape would eventually lose its stickyness and there was also some damn negative pressure that would pull the film and bulge it...now i use wooden boards drilled into the frames with liquid nails to seal them up.

also im using real similar nutes and method....i was in Soil, loved it, switched to coco because "everyone else uses it"....it was cool hitting them everyday with feedings and watching them swell up big and fast, but i didnt like the look/flavor as much as my soil runs, so i switched back to soil. yeah you can get one extra harvest by cutting flower time a week, running coco and picking @ 52 days, but luckily im not growing indoors to pay the bills. i know some of my coco friends produce some top notch herbs but for some reason my OG kush just tastes better in soil!

dope thread...good luck with things. post up some more nug pics if you get the chance!

once BIO TERRA from CANNA comes back to the STATES.. thats wen i will switch back to COCO.. that stuff was giving me and my friends amazing yields.. with the nice smell and taste of soill it was unreal.

whatthe215

Veteran

heyo prop215, good to see ya.. much respect for your work, ive scoured a good amount of it.

the duct tape is there mostly just to provide something for the staples to hold on to without ripping. it works but i would do it differently next time. i like your idea, very strong. 1x1s would be easy to put up.

actually been sorta missin the SFV, down to the last 10grams and know im gonna miss the uplifting high over the knock you the fuck out Thai OG i pickup sometimes. smokin bubba all day chills me out a bit too much.

i hadn't heard that flowers can mature a bit faster in coco... something to look into. thanks.

some nug pics comin your way prop.

ive noticed extra hairs and pistils.. comes from too much N late flower? .. lol i had it happen with a couple plants..

hmm not sure.. one run i used AN Overdrive at full strength (8ml/gal) and it caused serious secondary pistil growth..

once BIO TERRA from CANNA comes back to the STATES.. thats wen i will switch back to COCO.. that stuff was giving me and my friends amazing yields.. with the nice smell and taste of soill it was unreal.

pretty sure i saw the BIO TERRA 50L bag at a shop here in CA recently... quick googling showed its definitely available in the US. how much of the mix do you remember being coco? peat and bark are the other two main ingredients aside from amendments.

----------------

couple shots of the cloning/preveg closet.

200 cuts, bout 70 rooted in a week. these lil mini RW cubes (98per tray) are way easier to work with.. i thought crowding might be an issue but it wasn't. cell trays are nice.

picture.php

one thing that became apparent was not to stick the cut in the premade hole... the ones stuck next to it near the edge rooted more fully much faster.

i love how fast this blue dream vegs. lil ones on the right have been veggin for 5 days. big ones in the back for about 6 wks and have donated around 200 cuts.

picture.php

Deep Sleep, XXX, Herojuana OG, Blackberry Kush (Blackberry x White Russian,) and Girl Scout Cookies on the left.. soon to be mothers.

smile.gif

whatthe215

Veteran
Bubba day 42 12/12

Bubba day 42 12/12

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

something went wrong with all these, they seem to be a week slower than normal. i think i went too hard with the defoliation around day 20.. shoulda waited another few days and then gone a bit slower. i think that was what did it.

B

BasementGrower

lol the Bio Terra Plus has Bark. Peat. Coco. its pre fert with guano . n bone meal..

it looks wierd as fuck.. kinda hairy looking... very airy .. huge yields.. honestly. i cant get it at my local hydro store so i wont use it.. to much to get it shipped here else were..

but the stuff helps if u overfeed.. and shit.. its very cool stuff.. if u use.. Bio Canna Nute line with Bio Terra Plus u dont even ph before watering.... and it self adjusts to were it needs to be.. very wierd. but honestly. if i could get it id be only using that stuff. but im all about whats cheap and availible. so thats promix. for now. once my hydro store starts carrying it . BAM im back ..

B

BasementGrower

my buddy was almost hitting 4 lbs per 1000 watt.. a lb per plant. 4 plants a light.. with a BigBud Hybrid.......

whatthe215

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

harvested at day 60, gonna try dry trimming.

taking down the room and cleaning the garage to perfection only took a day. tomorrow vertical rack building begins.

will update with final weight and thoughts in a week, then this thread is SO OVER. moving on to bigger and better things. i've learned alot this first year of growing, this thread has been a nice account of me stumbling around tryna figure it out.

:thank you: to EVERYONE!

B

BasementGrower

View Image
View Image
View Image

harvested at day 60, gonna try dry trimming.

taking down the room and cleaning the garage to perfection only took a day. tomorrow vertical rack building begins.

will update with final weight and thoughts in a week, then this thread is SO OVER. moving on to bigger and better things. i've learned alot this first year of growing, this thread has been a nice account of me stumbling around tryna figure it out.

:thank you: to EVERYONE!

i bet u see such a difference in smell and taste ull never wet trim again.. wet is allways easier.. but u can cure wet for 4 weeks.. and dry for 1 week.. to get the same product !!!

whatthe215

Veteran
really good read thanks.

glad you enjoyed it. :biggrin:

i bet u see such a difference in smell and taste ull never wet trim again.. wet is allways easier.. but u can cure wet for 4 weeks.. and dry for 1 week.. to get the same product !!!

absolutely, it's amazing. i did a test on a couple zips at around day 56 wet vs dry and the dry has a ton of stank with no fresh smell while the wet smells fresh and planty.

the bubba is nice though cause if it's taken 60+ days then it requires no cure for people to be MORE than happy with it. its got that strong stink right off the stem even with wet trimming so i can only imagine how much better it will get with dry trimming.

thanks for sharing your experience basementgrower.

B

BasementGrower

no prob man.. its only fair that i help the site thats given me tons of knowledge.. alot of people use this site to try and meet up with people to get genetics.. and so forth.. but for people like me. its only for me to learn.. and to post my experiences.. im way to paranoid to meet some1 from the internet lol..

i just wana contribute to the knowledge here.. and thats Dry then Trim.. for a way better finished product.

whatthe215

Veteran
no prob man.. its only fair that i help the site thats given me tons of knowledge.. alot of people use this site to try and meet up with people to get genetics.. and so forth.. but for people like me. its only for me to learn.. and to post my experiences.. im way to paranoid to meet some1 from the internet lol..

i agree, the amount of knowledge on this site is unbelievable. i spend a few hours a day reading on here learning as much as possible. when i first started i used to read 8+ hours a day.

i just wana contribute to the knowledge here.. and thats Dry then Trim.. for a way better finished product.

"..... and now my work is done that you know dry trimming is better. goodbye all"

haha just kidding.

got some great weather today in LA, so im takin the day off and spending it with the lady. i havent had a day off in about 9 months now... gonna get some greasy brunch and take the dogs out. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts