What's new

600w to 1000w...Questions

blissfest

:smoke: Your funny. I like a good sense of humor...

I'm croppin' out my little grow in a few weeks. I'm very happy with how they're doing.

When your grow is done, take a picture. Then do it again with a Super HPS Hortilux, and you will be glad you did;)

I have been randomly visiting the "Lighting" forums on all the weed sites for years looking to see if anything has beaten out Hortilux. So far, no one has.

D

Drek

When your grow is done, take a picture. Then do it again with a Super HPS Hortilux, and you will be glad you did;)

I have been randomly visiting the "Lighting" forums on all the weed sites for years looking to see if anything has beaten out Hortilux. So far, no one has.

Herd mentality.

If you were talking the Hortilux MH blue @ 5k, then I might be inclined to take you seriously. :) :D

Even Hortilux agrees.
http://www.eyehortilux.com/products/specific/600w-Hortilux-Blue

Best overall.

blissfest

HPS blue is a Philips CMH wanna be.

I don't run HPS blue? I put MH lights in my flower room and they did nothing. Straight HPS only kills it.

I think the combo bulb Super blue Horti's are a waste of money, they cant beat a straight up Super HPS head to head.

blissfest

Herd mentality.

If you were talking the Hortilux MH blue @ 5k, then I might be inclined to take you seriously. :) :D

Even Hortilux agrees.
http://www.eyehortilux.com/products/specific/600w-Hortilux-Blue

Best overall.

I have look at those, the spectrum looks real good.

Should I fill all my hoods with them? Will they out perform my Super HPS's?

Can you guarantee this?

Can you show me an experienced grower that tossed all his HPS's out for these bulbs, and says they're better?

D

Drek

The only thing better than a Metal Halide HID lamp at 5k, is a Metal halide lamp at 4k, imo.

Sunmaster Green Harvest would be one. Although, the Hortilux might/could be fine by itself.

blissfest

The only thing better than a Metal Halide HID lamp at 5k, is a Metal halide lamp at 4k, imo.

Sunmaster Green Harvest would be one. Although, the Hortilux might/could be fine by itself.

Gnome's 4000K plants look good, but not better than a HPS Horti can do. I think he is into experimenting and digs the $21 price tag. Horti's would kill the bulbs he uses,

I hate leafy plants that don't stretch;) HPS stacks buds, not grow leaves, LOL!

D

Drek

I've seen Heath's grows and I'm sure he could do that with any reasonable HID lamp.
That's my entire point. Yield and HPS is a myth.

blissfest

I've seen Heath's grows and I'm sure he could do that with any reasonable HID lamp.
That's my entire point. Yield and HPS is a myth.

A Myth? WTF?

There has yet to be a side by side grow off between HPS and MH where MH came even close to yielding what HPS does.

Show me.

D

Drek

I don't have time. I've already done the searching...months of it. :) I know what I like.
Good luck on your quest. :)

blissfest

I don't have time. I've already done the searching...months of it. :) I know what I like.
Good luck on your quest. :)

See what I mean? If there was a better bulb than Hortilux Super HPS for flowering plants, we wouldn't need too search. It would be a known FACT and published on every weed site and magazine in the world.

If there was a better bulb, we would all know about it.;)

When some Company finally makes a better bulb than Hortilux for Yield and Quality, I will be first in line to buy it.

blissfest

Actually I searched because I thought, "Man, there has to be something better for the growth of the plant than crappy, heat wasting HPS parkade lights."

Everyone knows that by now? Don't they? :D

Here, I'll get the door for ya: :)
http://www.ecat.lighting.philips.co...te-med-wattage-agro/63541/cat/?t1=ProductList
http://advancedtechlighting.com/cdmea860.htm
http://www.dnalightingsolutions.com/products.html

LOL!!! Dude I was in that Rodeo back in 2010. I still have new in the package Phillips Mastercolor 400 vert bulbs I bought back then from Advanced Technology Solutions.

I am trying to download a pic for you but Photobucket is super slow for some reason.

You are seriously late too the game son, CMH have been around for a minute;)

blissfest

Manufactured Feb 25 2010.

I have been looking at different bulbs for many moons, and Hortilux keeps kicking all their ass's
001_zpsbd1b8e89.jpg

D

Drek

You are seriously late too the game son, CMH have been around for a minute
wink.gif

I realize that. Better late than never! :) Besides, pretty hard to make something better that's already perfect as is. ;)

Hortilux puts a lot into their product; they have a pretty logo. I'll take the Philips, and their engineering. :)
Any time you wanna get rid of those crappy CMH lights, you're more than welcome to pawn them off on me.
Can't see myself moving up to 1k anytime soon.

They can't be worth much. Crappy lights.

Last edited:
N

newtothiscoco

Plants love that high-energy output (at any growth stage), and so does our skin to a certain extent...our eyes, not so much (maybe indirectly). I take advantage of my CMH as a vitamin D supplement. ie: catching a few healthy rays under it, while working on the plants. :)

so you tell me that your skin like the light ^^ you are crazy dude the high energy output's can give you cancer. if you are a medical grower and go in a wear house all day long under the lamps i would say 100% hps. if not then good luck with the health of your self after some months in the in that light . and go to the doctor 6 months after that shit. and you are lucky of you dont have some bad things happen to your health. thats a true story. :ying::ying::ying:

one thing is forsure im not gona risk my health for growing a plant :)

D

Drek

so you tell me that your skin like the light ^^ you are crazy dude the high energy output's can give you cancer. if you are a medical grower and go in a wear house all day long under the lamps i would say 100% hps. if not then good luck with the health of your self after some months in the in that light . and go to the doctor 6 months after that shit. and you are lucky of you dont have some bad things happen to your health. thats a true story.

one thing is forsure im not gona risk my health for growing a plant :)

A day in the Sun is far more harmful. Let's not get carried away.:tiphat:

...I do love the beach. :)