What's new

600w to 1000w...Questions

N

newtothiscoco

tokersmoke why do you need more than 1 lb ?. i think an lb is allot if weed for 1 or even 3 guys .
i yield 475g to 510g when i harvest under my 400watt and i cant even smoke it all before the next is done

N

newtothiscoco

All depends on your footprint that you will have plants, 600 with buds from wall to wall (nice even canopy) does perfect in a 4x4 area.... 1k is overkill for this area and would not see a big increase in yield. However if you put a 1k over a 5x5 or even 6x6 area, you will see a big difference.

sorry to spam the thread:laughing: but this is interesting to see what ppl think.

yeah you would see a difference. but you got to ask your self is it worth it ? do i need that much weed ? would i like to pay that much more for some weed i dont even need ? do i want to start on dealing on the black market when im a medical user ? NO!

if you are one of them that has a medical card and grow your own plants, and go out and sell half of what you grow on the black market. what different are you from the bad guys that keep the plant illegal ? then you got to ask your self are you the bad guys pretending to be he good guy or ? :ying: keep that in the back of your head . only grow what you need, dont get greedy

RedDemon

The main reason for the upgrade is yield .right now I'm growing 2 Richard willams deep wreck (I've had this clone for 8 years) and 2 BOG sour strawberry Kush.normally I would get 1.5 ounces off each plant depending on how long they were vegged, im looking to get 2 or more per plant.

blissfest

sorry to spam the thread:laughing: but this is interesting to see what ppl think.

yeah you would see a difference. but you got to ask your self is it worth it ? do i need that much weed ? would i like to pay that much more for some weed i dont even need ? do i want to start on dealing on the black market when im a medical user ? NO!

if you are one of them that has a medical card and grow your own plants, and go out and sell half of what you grow on the black market. what different are you from the bad guys that keep the plant illegal ? then you got to ask your self are you the bad guys pretending to be he good guy or ? :ying: keep that in the back of your head . only grow what you need, dont get greedy

Someone has to supply the people that don't grow. Do you want the Cartels to do it?

If growers only grew enough for themselves there would be millions of people buying dirt weed from Mexico. Do you want that?

DrFever

Veteran
newtothiscoco it comes down to all about yield at the the end of the day and being efficient . you probably never grown with a 1000 watt so you don't comprehend these bad boys
A 5x5 with 1000 is perfect i do 1180 dry grams in that area with old bulbs with my eyes closed your not going to get that ever with a 600 foot print and i did it with 4 plants
1000 watts is perfect for that area he can use the 600 for back up or even throw it in there upgrade his exhaust either way don't bother with CMH hell i would put one LEP 300 pro plasma against 3 CMH and destroy them in a heart beat get a 1k and for the poster saying something about the yellow lol on the HPS 1k = bigger buds faster growth better everything enough said first pic day 35 from a 3" clone your not going to see any CMH or a 600 compare when you come down to it look at the stalk of the fucker at 5 weeks

Attachments

• picture294lk.jpg
    picture294lk.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF3019 (1).jpg
    DSCF3019 (1).jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Picture 472.jpg
    Picture 472.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 10
  • mrgans voice
    mrgans voice
    50.3 KB · Views: 31
  • D-35.jpg
    D-35.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 14
Why not yeild 2lbs instead of one lol craziest question ive ever heard.Go all in or nothing.If your in for a penny your in for a pound in this game.

I'd go with a second 600w in a 5x5. In fact, I did.

Two bulbs gives a better spread than one bulb. The two bulbs can be at different heights to accommodate the plant's heights. The 600's are slightly more efficient than the 1000's in light/watt. And most importantly for me, the bulbs can be cycled in times of high heat. If the temp gets too high, shut one down. If the temp drops enough, fire it back up. My $20 arduino and a few relays/thermometers gets the job done.

On the other hand, one reflector is easier to deal with. And the 600w bulbs are just about as expensive as the 1000's. The 1000's will go deeper but the benefit is debatable.

N

newtothiscoco

Someone has to supply the people that don't grow. Do you want the Cartels to do it?

If growers only grew enough for themselves there would be millions of people buying dirt weed from Mexico. Do you want that?

so what you are telling me is that you think all is good when the medical growers. shit on the state that has provided him with medical card so he can grow HES MEDS . and just grow all he can go out and sell it on the black market . to do the same as the cartels do ? why are you better then them:ying: ? you do the same thing as they do . so why would the states even do it legal then ? ask your self that:ying:. they make it legal for the medical users that need it. not for you to go make money. like the cartels ...! i dont care if you think you are better then them, you aint if you think about it like that.

peace

D

Drek

do you know what intensity is ? the intensity from what you are telling is better. will never come close to a 1000watt, sorry to give you the news dude **" but i think you need to read some suff up if you think that :laughing:-

Learn the hard way.

I'm out.

D

Drek

bottom line 2 CMH 315 watts will not even come close to penetration power of a 1000 watt bad boy yields will pretty double i average 1180 dry grams per 1000 watt that is 4720 + - wet grams you think 2 315 CMH can compete ??? so with out a doubt your yields will increase large bigger nugs through out the plant just get er done lol

....you should also know that 'penetrating power' doesn't come from power (wattage) alone. The lower blue and ultraviolet part of the spectrum (you know the part with the shorter wavelengths..the part that hurts?) contains way more energy than the upper orange and red part. Ultraviolet has so much energy, that it starts to destroy matter. Like your skin when it gets burnt.

What light actually has more penetrating power? The light with the strong ultraviolet/blue high-energy output, which HPS is (more or less) lacking...no matter what the wattage is. A huge amount of that wattage is wasted in heat, the rest is spent on it's limited spectrum.

Real penetrating power is delivered when metal halide salts are converted to plasma, giving off healthier amounts of low-end radiation.

Last edited:

the gnome

Veteran
very interesting drek,
your post adds more weight, actually much more weight to my hands on experience using a 4000K Mh in bloom that's as good hps ime
and better depending.

the only downside I'm seeing is the silence after posting the facts... :D

AbeFroman

It's actually 860w, I think.

Imo, HPS sucks for anything other than an amendment to a wide spectrum HID, during bloom only, that's if you need the HPS at all!

Drek you probably just answered my question for me. But which of these do you think would be a better 600w bulb or flower? Do you think alternating would show any benefits? I have them both.

Ushio
mh-specs.jpg

Hortlilux
ma.jpg

Thanks

D

Drek

very interesting drek,
your post adds more weight, actually much more weight to my hands on experience using a 4000K Mh in bloom that's as good hps ime
and better depending.

the only downside I'm seeing is the silence after the your facts... :D

Plants love that high-energy output (at any growth stage), and so does our skin to a certain extent...our eyes, not so much (maybe indirectly). I take advantage of my CMH as a vitamin D supplement. ie: catching a few healthy rays under it, while working on the plants. :)

Last edited:
D

Drek

Drek you probably just answered my question for me. But which of these do you think would be a better 600w bulb or flower? Do you think alternating would show any benefits? I have them both.

Thanks

I use a 400w 4k (C)MH. After much research, and weighing the pro's and con's...it's the bulb I settled on as a single bulb solution.

The Ushio's above @ 7k are, imo, a little lacking in the lower-energy side of the spectrum (the red side) for flowering, so they would need a 2-3k amendment. I don't know what bulb the Hortilux is.

Generally for 600w, I'd go with a dual-arc lamp @ 3-4k, as a single bulb solution. 1000w I'd go with a 4k MH. Thing about lamps in general, is that, I like to stick with manufacturers that have a really big R&D department...like Philips.

Random unknown manufacturers of such and such a bulb make me a bit nervous in terms of catastrophic failure or longevity.

Last edited:

blissfest

So in reality nothing beats a Super HPS Hortilux?

I have added MH too my flower room and it did nothing of value.

600 Watt HPS Horti's grow tree's, it's been proven over and over again.
Here is one of my StarDawg pheno's I recently chopped, those are 6' driveway stakes:)
sd3005_zpsc813ae2c.jpg

sd3003_zpsd62ca6b1.jpg

D

Drek

Any reasonable HID lamp should grow a tree. I could grow a huge tree with 3 -315 watt CDM lights hung vertically around a single plant, the right genetics, veg'd for 2.5 months, optimally fed, etc.

IMO, growing a tree isn't about the light, it's about everything else.

blissfest

Any reasonable HID lamp should grow a tree. I could grow a huge tree with 3 -315 watt CDM lights hung vertically around a single plant, the right genetics, veg'd for 2.5 months, optimally fed, etc.

IMO, growing a tree isn't about the light, it's about everything else.

So far, all I have seen from you, is your "opinion" LOL!

There isn't a bulb that grows better and bigger buds than HPS Hortilux, bulb Companies have been trying too beat them out for years. If you were an experienced grower, you would know this;)

blissfest

I am not cheap, I buy nothing but the best for my garden, if there was a better bulb than Hortilux I would be using it.

CMH bulbs suck, they make good strains leafy, imo.

D

Drek

:smoke: Your funny. I like a good sense of humor...

Here's something funny? HPS blue is a Philips CMH wanna be. :)

I'm croppin' out my little grow in a few weeks. I'm very happy with how they're doing.

Latest posts

Latest posts