What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600w Grow GHS Superbud

elkbrew

Hello everyone.
I started my third grow a couple of weeks ago and decided to share some pics with you.
I'm growing in a 1,2*1,2 space with a 600w light in a cooltube.
The size of the pots are 11l and i grow in soil.
I use canna terra vega/flores and pk 13/14 (not yet).

Feel free to give feedback! :)

This is day 14 since I put the seeds in.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

elkbrew

More pics

More pics

This is day 9 and out of the growroom

1" pipe to help the roots to breath.

Didnt do much traing other then bending away the fanleaves giving room for the sprouts.

Here is still day 9, back in the room and just got their first dose of canna terra flores, half recommended.

elkbrew

Were they fem seeds?
How many hermed?
From a light leak, or from genetics?

At least four have showed male flowers. Havent really been able to take them out and look closer, but im thinking of just kepp going as normal. I know the buds will be full of seeds but its been like 2 week into flowering and I dont want to start all over agian. :(

I think its because there has been som light leek. I kavent had the tent really closed, thought it would let more oxygen into the tent. But that was a bad idea. :(

It i take some clones from the herm plants at this stage, will they also be herms?

blackone

Veteran
Remove pollen sacks and keep an eye on them. Some plants will throw a few nanners in early flower and then continue flowering like a real female. If they keep spewing out more than you can handle or if you don't have the time to check them daily then I advice you to get rid of them. Maybe they will be able to continue flowering outside if that's an option? Looks like the other plants won't complain if a couple of their "sisters" went missing.

Ski

If it hermed because of light leaks, you will have feminized seeds. If it hermed because of genetic reasons, some will be fem, some will be hermies.

Nice, i've got pretty much the same set up as you, and use the same nutes too. Were they showing signs of flower at day 9, when you started giving them their half-dose of flores? What made you decide to start giving it to them then?

blackone

Veteran
If it hermed because of light leaks, you will have feminized seeds. If it hermed because of genetic reasons, some will be fem, some will be hermies.

If it hermed because of light leaks you will have feminized seeds that herm whenever there is a light leak.
Save eventual seeds as a backup unless you get seriously seeded buds. If you get a lot of seeds then it's a troublemaker herm and you shouldn't use the seeds at all.

elkbrew

Remove pollen sacks and keep an eye on them. Some plants will throw a few nanners in early flower and then continue flowering like a real female. If they keep spewing out more than you can handle or if you don't have the time to check them daily then I advice you to get rid of them. Maybe they will be able to continue flowering outside if that's an option? Looks like the other plants won't complain if a couple of their "sisters" went missing.

I just checked all of them and found pollensacks on 5 of them. I followed your advice and removed pollensacks. Unfortunally I cant grow outside this time a year where im from. But I will keep a close watch!
Thx for the help!

elkbrew

Nice, i've got pretty much the same set up as you, and use the same nutes too. Were they showing signs of flower at day 9, when you started giving them their half-dose of flores? What made you decide to start giving it to them then?

I think all of my girls had shown signs of flowering around that time aswell. I read some post about when to start giving them flores and got the advice to start about 1-2 weeks into flowering. Worked great for me, this is my first grow I got to keep all my leafs so for! :)

Sorry for my english, its not my first language

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya, elkbrew, makings of a nice garden, try to establish if it was defenitly light leak or genetics that caused your girls to jump to the dark side, good luck,,,,peace and safe growing

Looks like it's going really nicely, the thick stem is good, it can hold a greater weight of bud! I purposely try to instigate a thick stem by allowing a little stretch as seedlings, then a fan blowing on them at a week old onwards.

whiteberrieS

With A Black Flag Raised In The Sky
Veteran
Fasciated stem.. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=5238181&postcount=8 Pretty crazy lookin. The bud on that stem will be all funky, too. Look up polyploid weed...trippy lookin nugs.

I like your setup...it looks a lot like mine

picture.php

Yours make me wish I would've vegged mine under the 600w haha. Need to pick up a veg tent already so I can rock perpetual monsters. I think this was right after I transplanted em.

elkbrew

9442s:
How am I suppose to know what caused it?
I have swithed the timer, just incase that was one of the reasons. Then I also started to close the tent all the way, instead of leaving the bottom open. The temp it still no problem thanks to the cooltube (works great!). I have also pinched of alla the male parts of the plants, and haven't really seen anymore. Hopefully there was just a couple in the beginning. Guess I really know for sure when it's done, right?

stinkhairs:
Yeah, hopefully there will be a monster bud on there ;)

ohmless: Your are talking about "super cropping", right? I think i read something abot that..

whiteberries: Yeah! Looks like you got the Homebox XL. I got a Secret Jardin DS120, but its preatty much the same. What strains are you growing? Yeah, it will make the plants grow like crazy. Next round I'll turn the switch 1 week earlier because it's getting prettly full in there by now..

Latest posts

Latest posts