What's new

60 DE Nanolux 600 Coco DTW setup/grow

mikeross

Yeah buying that extra duey is a kick in the ballz! I’m not a fan of sharing air between the rooms but if you have to for a bit. It is what it is tho.

I actually decided to hook up an exhaust/intake to the rooms instead of circulating between rooms. Just in case the a/c takes a dump I can continue on while the a/c is being repaired.

I'm also planning to just hook up the exhaust to a humidity control and just have it working during lights out to maintain humidity levels.

gsxr97

Veteran
Hi Eric

I've read your thread couple hundred times. Gonna try to do a mini-model of your setup in a new room, except LEDs. Mini Model, then something smidgen bigger, then bigger. you catch the drift lol. Your drain stands/square farmer setup is tits. Just ordered Jacks and getting room built out for when it cools down. Have to use LEDs for the old power bill $$$

Love the posts and all the useful information. Trying to turn my shit around after years of being held back.

Best of luck with everything you are currently working on.

mikeross

Hi Eric... was wondering what your take was on LED's. I might have the option of buying a bunch of Gavita 1700e LEDS. They were used for 1 run and now 30 of them are available for cheap. I have till Friday to commit to the deal or someone else is gonna take them.

I'm doing as much research as I can on them but I know you have a little experience with LEDs... what ya think? So far I'm liking what I'm reading and 80% sure I'm gonna pick them up.

eric2028

Veteran
Hi Eric... was wondering what your take was on LED's. I might have the option of buying a bunch of Gavita 1700e LEDS. They were used for 1 run and now 30 of them are available for cheap. I have till Friday to commit to the deal or someone else is gonna take them.

I'm doing as much research as I can on them but I know you have a little experience with LEDs... what ya think? So far I'm liking what I'm reading and 80% sure I'm gonna pick them up.
Yo, yeah so leds can definitely put out. Before my next solo project I’m going to put together a cost analysis LEDS vs. DE HPS. My personal experience is limited to only fluence spydr 2i’s. Which are too expensive to even consider. Zero experience with the gavitas. In general high end LEDS can compare to de fixtures IMO. Hope this helps a bit. :headbange

gmanwho

Veteran
from what ive gathered with todays standards, led can produce. today, one of the higher efficient models like the thinkgrow model H can replace a 1000w de. if i remember correctly, consumes 630 watts, needs about 2k btu to offset the generated heat per fixture an ballast. something like 2.5-2.7umol per watt, i believe or close.

using a 1000watt de can consume closer to 1100w, an if using the old 3k to 3500btu conversion to 1000w heat generated by ballast an bulb. there is a significant reduction in cooling needs right off the bat. not to mention the 30-40% reduction in elec usage to the fixture.

leds do degrade!!! an interesting fellow on Insta is " Migrolight " hes out of the UK i believe. He does alot of testing with LED, reflective materials, light meters. def worth a follow!! always testing the new an seems to give an honest opinion.only until recently has he started his own led line.

Lyfespan

wish me luck just pulled trigger on the new jacks line up

RO
bloom
finish
thinking also to grab calnit because of coco
of course will also add epsom

AmericanFarmer

Hey Eric I just recently bought the 24 site turbo kloner because of your recommendation, and noticed yours is the 48 site in this picture. Is your recipe based off of the 24 site 2 gal Rez or the 48 site with larger Rez? Thank you.

eric2028

Veteran
Hey Eric I just recently bought the 24 site turbo kloner because of your recommendation, and noticed yours is the 48 site in this picture. Is your recipe based off of the 24 site 2 gal Rez or the 48 site with larger Rez? Thank you.
I thought I based it off per gallon but I don’t remember. So here’s what I’ve been running. Clonex solution at 10 mls, hormex 4 mls, clear Rez 6 mls. Change out on day 7 or 8 to: clonex 15 mls, clear Rez 6 mls. All mls are per gallon.

Biologist

Eric (or anyone else) why does removing the Hormex work so well? I tried not removing it just to see what happens and I'm still waiting on the roots to pop out (the stems bulked up like usual but the roots are staying inside the stem) and it is past week 2. I guess my question for curiosity sake is why does removing the rooting hormone after week 1 make the roots come out faster?

Lyfespan

I thought I based it off per gallon but I don’t remember. So here’s what I’ve been running. Clonex solution at 10 mls, hormex 4 mls, clear Rez 6 mls. Change out on day 7 or 8 to: clonex 15 mls, clear Rez 6 mls. All mls are per gallon.

using this tech, but swapping clonex for Jack's clone formula :thank you:

Biologist

I tried the Jack's Clone, not removing Hormex week 2 (and adding the amount recommended on the bottle for aero/hydroponics, which was double what is in Eric's method), and adding more Clear Rez instead of full water change at week 2, so I can't say for sure which is responsible, but it went very badly compared to the original method. Basically I did a very poorly designed experiment thinking it would all work anyway. I got a TurboKloner with an orange biofilm coating things and the stems swelling but the roots not bursting out.

It will be interesting to see if you can sub in Jack's Clone for the Clonex. On the surface from reading the labels they seem very similar (except Jack's is a lot cheaper of course), which is why I was hoping to try it. There is no sulfur whatsoever in Jack's Clone though, I think that is how they get it to be able to be a one part you can use with fertilizer injectors. No calcium sulfate (gypsum) to form and precipitate out. I don't know how much sulfur clones need but my clones didn't look as healthy up top either. Since Jack's Clone is for cloning surely they thought of that and don't need much or any.

My plants grow like weeds on the Jack's Clone after the cloner and I love the stuff. Can't wait to see the result of your experiment!

Last edited: