What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

60 DE Nanolux 600 Coco DTW setup/grow

mikeross

bloom B has (3) 3.2 gph netafim pressure compensating drippers per plant. output is 100% even throughout the room and octabubblers will be replaced!!!
View Image

Can you tell me where you bought those drippers. Everywhere I look all I can find are 3.2gph PC drip emitters... your drippers look very different.

The 3.2 Netafim ones I see online look like this...
Netafim%203.2%20GPH%20Emitter.jpg

In peak bloom how often do you have to refill those big IBC tanks?

To clarify, your vegging only 3 week from rooted clone under 600k DE's than move them in your bloom room under same lighting for another 1.5 weeks? Those plants look massive when you flipped for only 4.5 weeks veg.

EDIT: Silly me... looked a little closer and it looks like your are running 3/4" vinyl tubing mainline, the drip emitter punches into the 3/4" mainline, than 1/4" off the emitter into the pot connected to a spray stake.

Last edited:

Dewave

Just want to say "Thanks, Eric" been lurking since your first page in Feb 2019 while looking for info on DE's. Since the i have changed my SE's to DE's, switched to jacks and tossed all the snake oil, dug deeper into coco CEC and the Mulder's Chart all resulting in lowered cost of over 50% with increased yields.

Hypoaspis Miles cured my fungus gnat and root aphid problem. I started with 25k Hypoaspis Miles, which is overkill for 12x18x10 shed. But after a grow I'll take a little coco off the top of the pots, confirm the presence Hypoaspis Miles and then sprinkle that on top of the new grow. Zero bugs now for 3 grows.

So now I have empty bug catchers, a clear reservoir and heavy yields. So freaking cool.

Anyway, I owe you several Corona's and if you're in the New England area, I do deliver.

Major to props to you and other knowledgeable contributors on ICMAG.

eric2028

Veteran
Can you tell me where you bought those drippers. Everywhere I look all I can find are 3.2gph PC drip emitters... your drippers look very different.

The 3.2 Netafim ones I see online look like this...
View Image

In peak bloom how often do you have to refill those big IBC tanks?

To clarify, your vegging only 3 week from rooted clone under 600k DE's than move them in your bloom room under same lighting for another 1.5 weeks? Those plants look massive when you flipped for only 4.5 weeks veg.

EDIT: Silly me... looked a little closer and it looks like your are running 3/4" vinyl tubing mainline, the drip emitter punches into the 3/4" mainline, than 1/4" off the emitter into the pot connected to a spray stake.
Yeah those look like my drippers. I got them from berry hill irrigation I think. Those tanks last about 3 days in mid flower. I veg 4 weeks from rooted beer cup, then move to flower and immediately run 12/12. Twice now I’ve vegged six weeks in flower and have regretted it both times. Yup those lines are 3/4 inch mains. Also each room is fed with 1” pvc to those mains.
Just want to say "Thanks, Eric" been lurking since your first page in Feb 2019 while looking for info on DE's. Since the i have changed my SE's to DE's, switched to jacks and tossed all the snake oil, dug deeper into coco CEC and the Mulder's Chart all resulting in lowered cost of over 50% with increased yields.

Hypoaspis Miles cured my fungus gnat and root aphid problem. I started with 25k Hypoaspis Miles, which is overkill for 12x18x10 shed. But after a grow I'll take a little coco off the top of the pots, confirm the presence Hypoaspis Miles and then sprinkle that on top of the new grow. Zero bugs now for 3 grows.

So now I have empty bug catchers, a clear reservoir and heavy yields. So freaking cool.

Anyway, I owe you several Corona's and if you're in the New England area, I do deliver.

Major to props to you and other knowledgeable contributors on ICMAG.
Awesome! glad to hear this thread helped you out. I’ve never been out East. If I go I ll take you up on those.

Eric for president 2020, no secrets no bs..just grow! Appreciate taking us on your journey brotha
Lol! Thanks for coming along.

mikeross

Hey Eric...

How is the bud development close to the walls?

Are you pulling all this off on a 200amp service?

Is your veg setup sealed w/ co2?

I've read your journal about 3 times now. I have a terrible memory so hopefully none of the above has been answered...:moon::thank you:

Last edited:

eric2028

Veteran
Hey Eric...

How is the bud development close to the walls?

Are you pulling all this off on a 200amp service?

Is your veg setup sealed w/ co2?

I've read your journal about 3 times now. I have a terrible memory so hopefully none of the above has been answered...:moon::thank you:
Bud development is pretty even throughout the rooms. 400 amp service. Veg is unsealed no co2. :smoke:

p0opstlnksal0t

hey eric and all ya.... second time reading your thread.... lots of useful information.... what's going on we want new updates....

View Image

View Image

A couple pics of my last run. Everything is running as it was before, not skipping a beat! Ac’s been abused this summer tho.

2 quest 225’s per room and 5 ton ac per room. I run 5’s. 1.5 plants per light. 4 week veg. I’ve vegged 6 weeks and the plants just get too big, I always regret it.

Yep 2 airstones per tank. Blue air force pump.

Do you have yield numbers per sq ft or per 600 light?

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran

Just a note that netafim micro tubing is not 1/4”. You’ll need netafim micro tubing if you go with the woodpeckers jr’s

Lyfespan

Just a note that netafim micro tubing is not 1/4”. You’ll need netafim micro tubing if you go with the woodpeckers jr’s

its 1/8 i learned the hard way, 3 tables in and had all the peckers in backwards, and 1/4 hoses all on, pressurized it to get nothing

mikeross

its 1/8 i learned the hard way, 3 tables in and had all the peckers in backwards, and 1/4 hoses all on, pressurized it to get nothing

Bro, don't take offense but this comment literally made me LOL :comfort::friends:

I found a company who sells the lines pre-assembled. It comes with the 3.2 dripper, connected to a 36" line with a drip stake on the other end. Save my thumbs some pain for just a few extra bucks.

eric2028

Veteran
@eric2028 Just wondering... how high did your humidity get when you only had the 1 quest unit?
Night time humidity was mid to high 60’s. I actually have a quest I’m troubleshooting at the moment so I’m down to one in a room that’s Afew weeks into bloom. Quest is offering to repair it for free but I can’t wait 4 weeks or so....

mikeross

Night time humidity was mid to high 60’s. I actually have a quest I’m troubleshooting at the moment so I’m down to one in a room that’s Afew weeks into bloom. Quest is offering to repair it for free but I can’t wait 4 weeks or so....

I'm asking because I'm gonna be in a similar position you're in.

I am planning the build out of (2) 12k Gavita gardens. Each room is 15'x24' with a single quest 225 in each room. Having to buy another quest unit for each room is going to kill the budget.

Are you following VPD chats? Co2 rooms running in low 80's should have humidity @ over 70%.

Both these rooms are running parallel to each other on a flip flop setup, only separated by a single wall. Am I crazy thinking I should recirculate both rooms... meaning same exact parameters day and night? I figured with lights out on 1 room, the A/C and 2nd quest unit would put humidity in check if both rooms were venting/exhausting into each other. Sounds confusing but I think you will know what I mean.

I gotta go at least a run or two before I have the cash flow to throw more funds into this project.

Lyfespan

Bro, don't take offense but this comment literally made me LOL :comfort::friends:

I found a company who sells the lines pre-assembled. It comes with the 3.2 dripper, connected to a 36" line with a drip stake on the other end. Save my thumbs some pain for just a few extra bucks.

all pc emitters i used are .65gph, 4 per 5 gallon tall fabric pots for a grand total of 336 per 1200gph pump, 100 gallon tote waters room in under 30 minutes. nice and slow no running out of side of pots, nice even saturation with just enough runoft

all lines are 24" off 1/2 drip hose, on a 3/4 pvc mainline, 1' off pump too room.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran

I just redid my room and managed to put all the spray stakes facing outward instead of inward. Caught it after a half a minute but was damn depressing.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Mikeross, I run 12k rooms like you are describing and run 2 24k mini splits in one room and run a 12” fan each way between the 2 rooms with one quest 165 in each room and it’s been working well over a year now. I think keeping the air moving around and keeping temps and humidity close to consistent really helps with mold. I run humidity in the 70s deep into flower, about week 6, before I drop back to 50-60% for the end. I have had good luck cutting co2 back at the end as well

Last edited:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Yeah that is how it goes with dehumidifiers. I always buy back ups of units. It will eventually not work. If it was affordable I would have a back up hvac too lol =/

eric2028

Veteran
I'm asking because I'm gonna be in a similar position you're in.

I am planning the build out of (2) 12k Gavita gardens. Each room is 15'x24' with a single quest 225 in each room. Having to buy another quest unit for each room is going to kill the budget.

Are you following VPD chats? Co2 rooms running in low 80's should have humidity @ over 70%.

Both these rooms are running parallel to each other on a flip flop setup, only separated by a single wall. Am I crazy thinking I should recirculate both rooms... meaning same exact parameters day and night? I figured with lights out on 1 room, the A/C and 2nd quest unit would put humidity in check if both rooms were venting/exhausting into each other. Sounds confusing but I think you will know what I mean.

I gotta go at least a run or two before I have the cash flow to throw more funds into this project.
Yeah i run vpd but not exactly all the time. If it’s 80 degrees I shoot for 70%. If it’s 77 degrees then 67%. So just subtract 10 off your temp and that’s a roundabout number I shoot for. No it’s not perfect but it works good. I never run over 75%. I grow mold in the corners if I do. Yeah buying that extra duey is a kick in the ballz! I’m not a fan of sharing air between the rooms but if you have to for a bit. It is what it is tho.

Yeah that is how it goes with dehumidifiers. I always buy back ups of units. It will eventually not work. If it was affordable I would have a back up hvac too lol =/
Yeah I was already planning on ordering a new one. BUT, luckily my hvac friend is a genius and repaired it with a quickness. It was just the capacitor. Lol I feel like all I do is preventative maintenance at this point and shit still breaks.

Ah shittt, Lyfespan got a Watering system, he’s not gonna know what to do with all his free time!!! Just teasing buddy!! :biglaugh: