What's new

60 DE Nanolux 600 Coco DTW setup/grow

Lyfespan

I tried the Jack's Clone, not removing Hormex week 2 (and adding the amount recommended on the bottle for aero/hydroponics, which was double what is in Eric's method), and adding more Clear Rez instead of full water change at week 2, so I can't say for sure which is responsible, but it went very badly compared to the original method. Basically I did a very poorly designed experiment thinking it would all work anyway. I got a TurboKloner with an orange biofilm coating things and the stems swelling but the roots not bursting out.

It will be interesting to see if you can sub in Jack's Clone for the Clonex. On the surface from reading the labels they seem very similar (except Jack's is a lot cheaper of course), which is why I was hoping to try it. There is no sulfur whatsoever in Jack's Clone though, I think that is how they get it to be able to be a one part you can use with fertilizer injectors. No calcium sulfate (gypsum) to form and precipitate out. I don't know how much sulfur clones need but my clones didn't look as healthy up top either. Since Jack's Clone is for cloning surely they thought of that and don't need much or any.

My plants grow like weeds on the Jack's Clone after the cloner and I love the stuff. Can't wait to see the result of your experiment!

now its looking like im not going to get any clone formula, so much shit going on that its just not available. so i might have to use the RO formula, just to keep the show running.

im 3 month with an empty bloom room, and not happy about it at all

so cloners will be running ROformula, hormex, and ucroots.

gsxr97

Veteran
Lyfespan why the hiatus in the bloom room ?

now its looking like im not going to get any clone formula, so much shit going on that its just not available. so i might have to use the RO formula, just to keep the show running.

im 3 month with an empty bloom room, and not happy about it at all

so cloners will be running ROformula, hormex, and ucroots.

eric2028

Veteran
What’s up guys? Hope everyone is good! Business as usual here. Nothing too exciting. A couple pics of the next round. Also, my other passion BASS FISHING.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Eric (or anyone else) why does removing the Hormex work so well? I tried not removing it just to see what happens and I'm still waiting on the roots to pop out (the stems bulked up like usual but the roots are staying inside the stem) and it is past week 2. I guess my question for curiosity sake is why does removing the rooting hormone after week 1 make the roots come out faster?

I just know that water change after 7-8 days is a must! That hormex does make all the difference tho.

mikeross

Nice to see some updated photos... right on! Keep this journal alive buds :woohoo:

Are you still running Jacks @ 3g/2.5g veg to bloom with .05g MKP in flower?

I'm interested to know what other products your using along with Jacks? Any microbes, silica, fulvic? What's your typical IPM regime.

eric2028

Veteran
Nice to see some updated photos... right on! Keep this journal alive buds :woohoo:

Are you still running Jacks @ 3g/2.5g veg to bloom with .05g MKP in flower?

I'm interested to know what other products your using along with Jacks? Any microbes, silica, fulvic? What's your typical IPM regime.
Hi, yes same recipe. I just add some bennies during initial transplant and then use brix usually once a week during a flush to feed them. Nothing else. I always change clothes and shoes upon entering the facility. I’m mindful of cross contamination always too. I don’t allow visitors either. I try not to visit other grows and I’m also crazy about cleaning the interior of my truck if I do.
For prevention I use regalia mixed with either grandevo or venerate. I spray every 7-10 days, Until about week 4-5 in flower.

eric2028

Veteran
Decided to swap out 2 600’s with 2 growers choice roi 680’s. Threw them up over 8 newly vegging plants. So de 600’s vs LED starts! Currently I have the leds about 52” over the plants. Dimmed down to 40% and par reading of 200 at plant height. Hps is just under 200 on average in the same room. My plan is to treat these plants exactly the same otherwise. I’m excited to have something different going. Let me know what you guys think.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mikeross

For prevention I use regalia mixed with either grandevo or venerate. I spray every 7-10 days, Until about week 4-5 in flower.

I've only heard good things about Marrone Bio and their products. Up here in Canada only Regalia is available but they are working on getting Grandevo and Venerate here. Last time I spoke to their rep they said it was a minimum of 2 years for Grandevo and Venerate approval... crazy.

Last edited:
Decided to swap out 2 600’s with 2 growers choice roi 680’s. Threw them up over 8 newly vegging plants. So de 600’s vs LED starts! Currently I have the leds about 52” over the plants. Dimmed down to 40% and par reading of 200 at plant height. Hps is just under 200 on average in the same room. My plan is to treat these plants exactly the same otherwise. I’m excited to have something different going. Let me know what you guys think.
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

Already winning if your only 40% and achieving the same ppfd as the hps side at 100%

mikeross

People are running so many different ratios with Jack's.

I was reading through the MegaCrop thread on another forum. Mega crops 2part Macros are identical to Jack's @ 5-12-26 + CalNit.

Most guys on there are running MegaCrop @ 3g/2.5g and adding .05g of MegaCrops PK boost.

eric2028

Veteran
Already winning if your only 40% and achieving the same ppfd as the hps side at 100%
Sorry I should have mentioned the hid lights are dimmed down to 60%.
Hey Eric what strains in the bloom room right now? All Ice Cream Cake still? Also nice bass!
Mostly icc. I still keep the classic gg4 going and small amounts of a few others. Thanks he was 3.3#’s. Fun to catch on light tackle!

How is the vertical room at your other spot? I'm in love with those pipp racks.
I wanna say the ceilings are 32’. Those racks are definitely handy.

eric2028

Veteran
Here’s one week under the new LEDs. I ll lower the fixtures alittle tomorrow to increase par a bit. Also, heard today Mother Earth is discontinuing their charged coco...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dramamine

Hey Eric, you probably covered this earlier in the thread, but do have drip stakes in those pots or are those feed lines open-ended? Looking good as usual.

mackdx

Yes I use just the standard netafim stakes. Thanks bud!

Eric, what color stakes are you using and what pump. I'm running the purple with the pressure compensators and a Shur Flow RV pump. The pump has a pressure switch that cycles on/off too frequently for my taste when a feed cycle happens