What's new

60,000 sq. ft. Marijuana Cultivation Facility to be Unveiled near Oakland Airport

*Sorry, for redundancy just noticed Aries pretty much already addressed this.

Not to get dragged into this, but many people grow their own veggies as the quality is far superior to the commercial varieties. Hence, farmers markets.

A lot of people brew their own beer for the same reason.

I think commercial can produce a fine product, but I think Micro growers will always produce better.

Could be wrong but just using other industries to show, what might work out to be the same for MMM.
The point you attempt to make could possibly have some weight, if marijuana wasn't so extremely easy to grow in comparison, especially keeping in mind the relatively miniscule amount (weight) that needs to be produced in order to satisfy the global supply.

Tomatoes, it's not so easy to grow world-class tomatoes to keep a global supply. A lot of it's the fault of the logistics systems, as well as harvest & growing measures taken into consideration due to many outside factors. Marijuana doesn't have this limitation, as shelf-life and logistics (in the free market) are far, far better & easier.

Keep in mind no farmer selling at the farmer's market is "rich". Most are struggling just to make ends meet, in fact.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
I bet you Budweiser makes many more billions of dollars than your local brewery HANDS DOWN! International money, international everything.

you like to confuse the lines dont you. Kinda funny since bud wiser sold there company to another Country!!!!!!!!

LOL so maybe they weren't making all that proclaimed money.

i rather drink my local beer, and never buy Budweiser as a boycott. and i do. as so do many others, who drink Sierra Nevada Pal Ale. ;)

so you went from quality to quantity. and still made no valid point. as Budweiser sold there plant.

and just a quick search

http://tristatehomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=200185

Budweiser Hopes To Regain Market With Free Beer
(St. Louis, MO) -- Budweiser is hoping to regain market share by offering free beer.
"USA Today" reports the Belgium-based Anheuser-Bush InBev brew has been shedding customers at a ferocious rate.
Sales were down nine-percent last year and are down the same amount this year.
To turn things around, Bud will host the "Budweiser National Happy Hour" offering free brews to customers at trendy bars and eateries aimed at the under-30 set later this month.
Bud also plans to host a Facebook page that will offer people turning age 22 and up a free beer on their birthday.
Critics, who've watched the brand sink into the suds think Budweiser is in trouble.
Consultant Robert Passikoff says "They don't know how to talk to consumers" and "no longer know how to create an emotional bond." The Budweiser Clydesdales may not be seen as often in the future.
The company has started charging two-thousand-dollars per day for appearances.
Until recently, event organizers were simply asked to pony up the costs of stabling and feed for the giant steeds.
(Copyright 2010 by VERTEXNews/Newsroom Solutions)
RNS-09-22-10 0221CDT

Who cares if Budweiser sold their plant or not? The business still makes billions upon billions.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/snapshots/109.html

Lemme see, last reported profits @ $1.839 billion, only a $18 million slide from previous year.

I will also bet you that the instant Budweiser feels that your local brewery is a threat to Budweiser's business, they can and will wipe their mere existence off the face of the planet faster than they can pronounce "he" of "help".

So, ok: BUDWEISER SOLD THEIR BUSINESS TO ANOTHER ENTITY!!! (*GASP*) IT IS NOW OKAY TO GROW WEED FREELY AS IF NOTHING ELSE MATTERED!!! TOTALLY RELEVANT!!!

Do you think that the keepers of some of the world's most prized varieties of Heirloom tomatoes are rich, or even remotely far from "poor"? Do you think they're living comfortably and easily off the royalties or such produced from their trade secret? I think not. I could be wrong.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Who cares if Budweiser sold their plant or not? The business still makes billions upon billions.

I will also bet you that the instant Budweiser feels that your local brewery is a threat to Budweiser's business, they can and will wipe their mere existence off the face of the planet faster than they can pronounce "he" of "help".

No Budweiser cant wipe my local brewery off the face of this earth. You are irrational, with no facts, except point of views. Your arguments once again hold no weight. And you are, once again. Boring me.

They make what? Read the story below and you will see why they are loosing profits. Just because the people on the top make billions, the people loosing there jobs and on the bottom dont very much. So your point is not valid once again and very vague on the money making of the scheme.

once again an outsourced company. Hmmm, and i want my pot grown by an outsourced company that knows nothing about California strains?

Hmmm

you like to confuse the lines dont you. Kinda funny since bud wiser sold there company to another Country!!!!!!!!

LOL so maybe they weren't making all that proclaimed money.

i rather drink my local beer, and never buy Budweiser as a boycott. and i do. as so do many others, who drink Sierra Nevada Pal Ale. ;)

so you went from quality to quantity. and still made no valid point. as Budweiser sold there plant.

and just a quick search

http://tristatehomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=200185

Budweiser Hopes To Regain Market With Free Beer
(St. Louis, MO) -- Budweiser is hoping to regain market share by offering free beer.
"USA Today" reports the Belgium-based Anheuser-Bush InBev brew has been shedding customers at a ferocious rate.
Sales were down nine-percent last year and are down the same amount this year.
To turn things around, Bud will host the "Budweiser National Happy Hour" offering free brews to customers at trendy bars and eateries aimed at the under-30 set later this month.
Bud also plans to host a Facebook page that will offer people turning age 22 and up a free beer on their birthday.
Critics, who've watched the brand sink into the suds think Budweiser is in trouble.
Consultant Robert Passikoff says "They don't know how to talk to consumers" and "no longer know how to create an emotional bond." The Budweiser Clydesdales may not be seen as often in the future.
The company has started charging two-thousand-dollars per day for appearances.
Until recently, event organizers were simply asked to pony up the costs of stabling and feed for the giant steeds.
(Copyright 2010 by VERTEXNews/Newsroom Solutions)
RNS-09-22-10 0221CDT

Do you think that the keepers of some of the world's most prized varieties of Heirloom tomatoes are rich, or even remotely far from "poor"? Do you think they're living comfortably and easily off the royalties or such produced from their trade secret? I think not. I could be wrong.

What are you talking about? Confused because some of the Kush's, and Skunks that are prize here in California, have been kept secret from Generation to generation. Not sure what your point is here.

AriesXX

I realize why we're at an impass... You're coming from the angle of "oh god, I'm going to lose money, GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER *sobbing*", and I'm coming from the angle of "legalize it, because you should do the right thing regardless of the consequences.". There is no way we'll see eye to eye, because to people like me, being poor and righteous is better than rich and scummy.

Last edited:
They're not gonna be "secret" for long, if they're "secret" at all right now.

How hard do you think it'll be for a hired goon to obtain a cut for $5k? $10k? I know redneck Bubba or Cleetus holding down that special cut of Kush somewhere down in SoCal must be hurting for the double-wide trailer rent. Might not even take more than $20, some moonshine, and a pack of Marlboros. Oops I meant Camels and a six-pack of Budweiser.

G

Guest 88950

I have more positive & informative posts on this site than you, and I've been here almost as long. Are we really gonna pull out the post count & join date to measure the iDickSize?

So where's this statement from PG&E? Or just more stretching of the imagination?

no, your current posts are from someone who just joined. oh wait, you are hiding behind a new name so people dont see who you really are.

i guess we should take your word that you have been a member here more than 1 year and have contributed as much as SCF.

dont be scared to voice your opinion under your established ICMAG accnt.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This argument is way off topic. The subject of the thread is " 60,000 sq. ft. Marijuana Cultivation Facility to be Unveiled near Oakland Airport ".

Hmmm, and i want my pot grown by an outsourced company that knows nothing about California strains?
Given a choice of that and the alternative of your average (or even advanced) grower on IC, I'd take that 200 out of 3 times. More often on Sundays, as you know.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
no, your current posts are from someone who just joined. oh wait, you are hiding behind a new name so people dont see who you really are.

i guess we should take your word that you have been a member here more than 1 year and have contributed as much as SCF.

dont be scared to voice your opinion under your established ICMAG accnt.

:yeahthats

I totally soiled my name for speaking my mind.

It's not as bad as it is fun.

:friends:

I'm still waiting for a 60000 sq. ft. greenhouse for this.

Running all those lamps exhibits poor decision making skill in my opinion.

The rest of California produces most food for the country... why can't we think about adopting some less stealthy process for a legal grow... especially such a large one... especially as energy costs soar and resources dwindle?

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Given a choice of that and the alternative of your average (or even advanced) grower on IC, I'd take that 200 out of 3 times. More often on Sundays, as you know.

now you are going to insult ICMAG Growers? You got some nerve there. Because there are some damn fine growers here.

SCF

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
Mothersucker you talk about being here a long time, post count ect, than why do you go and create a new name to hide behind, so you can show your true colors and sling shit?? didnt feel comfortable actually posting up with your original name? i honestly dont even need to argue with you, Your own words speak much louder and show you in your true light :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts