What's new

60,000 sq. ft. Marijuana Cultivation Facility to be Unveiled near Oakland Airport

MEDIA ADVISORY:
Michael Hunt
pr@growopenterprises.com

October 2, 2010

60,000 sq. ft. Marijuana Cultivation Facility to be Unveiled near Oakland Airport

Leading Mayoral Candidates Don Perata and Jean Quan to Attend Grow Facility Unveiling

Oakland, CA - On Sunday, October 3rd, Oakland Mayoral Candidates Don Perata, Jean Quan will join Councilmember Larry Reid and community leaders to celebrate the national expansion of "marijuana superstore" weGrow Hydroponics (formerly iGrow).

In less than 8 months, weGrow has become the first hydroponic superstore to appear around the country, with over 75 franchise stores already under contract. weGrow will commemorate their new national brand and store with a ceremonial tree planting (in lieu of a ribbon cutting), and also present the first architectural 3D video renderings of their proposed 60,000 square foot LEED-certified marijuana cultivation facility. weGrow will submit their application to become one of the four cultivation sites permitted by the City of Oakland via their sister company, GROPECH.

When the retail franchise opened in January, under the name iGrow Hydroponics, the event received worldwide media coverage, becoming the first store of is kind to offer 15,000 square feet of turnkey marijuana products and services. The facility offered an on-site doctor for medical marijuana evaluations, Ikea-style live marijuana plant grow demonstrations, the University of Cannabis for marijuana education, and a Bloom Room for in-home technician build-outs and consulting all under one roof. The new facility includes 53' Big Bud reefer trailers that are mobile hydroponic grow rooms, a live plant demonstration of the marijuana cultivation process from seed to sale, and even more marijuana plants than ever before.

LEED Certified GROPECH architect, Eddie Piatt will unveil a first look at the proposed 60,000 Sq. ft. marijuana cultivation facility that, pending permit approval, will go live in late January 2011. The facility will employ over 200 Oakland residents, provide an estimated $5 million dollars in Oakland tax revenue, and produce nearly 350 pounds of marijuana a week, or approximately 20,000 pounds a year. The facility will replicate a medical laboratory and has been designed by environmental experts with the intent on having the first LEED Certified marijuana cultivation facility in the world.

Tours of the remodeled facility will be given after comments by Oakland political and community leaders. Following the press conference will be an outdoor expo with free live music, entertainment and food. Over 1,000 people are expected to attend with more than 50 small businesses exhibitors.

Schedule of Events for Sunday, October 3rd

LOCATION: weGrow Hydroponics – 70 Hegenberger Loop • Oakland, CA

10:30AM - Luncheon and Mixer for VIPs

10:45AM - Media Arrival

11:00AM - Press Conference Begins

11:30AM - Q&A

11:55AM - Ceremonial Tree Planting (In lieu of traditional Ribbon Cutting)

12:00PM - General Doors Open, Facility Tours Given, Main Event Party Starts

4:20PM - Silent Auction Winners Announced

6:00PM - Party Concludes

D

DHF

That`s what yall`re votin for next month .........Give up the whole country`s rights by signing off to be able to grow a closet full of dope in a 5 x 5 area and not be prosecuted......or buy from Oaksterdam retail "Dick" Lee whore market LLC just poised and waiting to be bought out by Big Biz......

Those that vote yes on prop 19 are dooming the rest of the US to similar sanctions when and IF it ever comes our way for legalization or at best de-criminalization where I live in Hell.....

Shit oughta be legal............period..........grow whatchas want....store leftovers away till next crop..........

Shit oughta be free.......Grow yer own....or pay the piper.....nuthin changes....if yas can`t grow yer own veggies , then yas gotta get em at the grocery store......

There will ALWAYS be a Black Market cuz quality dictates price.........period.......

DHF..........

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope they run Sweet Tooth clones! :bigeye:

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Fuck that noise, I'm sure the DEA will be attending and will be more than happy to throw them all in jail for cultivating more than 99 plants. It's just greed on a grand scale.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
That`s what yall`re votin for next month .........Give up the whole country`s rights by signing off to be able to grow a closet full of dope in a 5 x 5 area and not be prosecuted......or buy from Oaksterdam retail "Dick" Lee whore market LLC just poised and waiting to be bought out by Big Biz......

Those that vote yes on prop 19 are dooming the rest of the US to similar sanctions when and IF it ever comes our way for legalization or at best de-criminalization where I live in Hell.....

Shit oughta be legal............period..........grow whatchas want....store leftovers away till next crop..........

Shit oughta be free.......Grow yer own....or pay the piper.....nuthin changes....if yas can`t grow yer own veggies , then yas gotta get em at the grocery store......

DHF..........

We have been paying high sky rocket prices since almost day one of prop 215.

Prop 19 will drive down prices....

we are bigger in numbers as people and everyone growing, vs a big grow op!

and if you are medical you can still grow as much as you need. a 20 x 20 area? 30 x 30?

whatever u need under 215 dont change it.

LOL good luck competing with that, paying your $0.40/kwh and having to pay additional overhead that these people don't have to.

People like BhT think that these guys will never, ever get good at growing pot, that having a lab-grade facility with all the know-how and resources in the world can't possibly produce excellent, world-class pot in a mass-production style. I hope BhT is the first to go out of business, and be forced to sell his home and move into a trailer park.

Man, I was really hoping I'd get another solid year or two out of this game before these factories started up...

zenoonez

Veteran
LOL good luck competing with that, paying your $0.40/kwh and having to pay additional overhead that these people don't have to.

People like BhT think that these guys will never, ever get good at growing pot, that having a lab-grade facility with all the know-how and resources in the world can't possibly produce excellent, world-class pot in a mass-production style. I hope BhT is the first to go out of business, and be forced to sell his home and move into a trailer park.

Man, I was really hoping I'd get another solid year or two out of this game before these factories started up...

Troll alert is going off for some strange reason.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran

Well I dont own a home, I rent. It may be a massive rental that resembles many fine resorts, but at least the feds cant ever confiscate it. I commend weGRoW/GROPECH for their work and wish them all the best. I dont doubt that they can produce quality, because honestly MJ isnt that hard to grow. I may go out of the mj business, but fortunatly for me ive always been wise enough not to put all my eggs in one basket.

So there ya go "mothersucker" or whoever the fuck you really are, I will still be making money, Ill still be living high class and Ill still be driving luxury vehicles, regardless of what prop19 may do. But thank you for wishing my demise and telling me that ill move into a "trailer park".

Fortunatly for me, ive diversified my businesses into a wide array of markets that will continue to put money in the bank. And if you really think that a few warehouses can supply the huge influx in demand that california will see by legalizing the sale of marijuana to anyone 21 and over, you are truly more foolish than you make yourself out to be...

BhT, good for you if it's true, I can't say the same for myself. Which is why I'm not for it.

Now tell me, if you didn't have all this money diversified elsewhere and had the ultimate claimed financial stability regardless of outcome, would you still be as strongly for it? Or possibly against it?

How did you come about all this money? Didn't a substantial portion come from weed sales?

Weed growing is a lot like sex. Or poker. Everyone thinks they're so good at it, especially the ones that suck. These little guys who think they're so good because they finally put out a few dank harvests (compared to shitty noob grows in shitty environments, anyways) think they'll never be displaced. That no one else, especially not some "big guy", will come along and find out how to grow that exact same cutting better than they ever could. Living in an illusion because there's still no big threat due to laws present is one thing. Being slapped the fuck up in the face and no longer being able to pay bills because those laws are no longer present come November is another.

Good luck. See you at the finish line, if you ever get there.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
BhT, good for you if it's true, I can't say the same for myself. Which is why I'm not for it.

Now tell me, if you didn't have all this money diversified elsewhere and had the ultimate claimed financial stability regardless of outcome, would you still be as strongly for it? Or possibly against it?

How did you come about all this money? Didn't a substantial portion come from weed sales?

Weed growing is a lot like sex. Or poker. Everyone thinks they're so good at it, especially the ones that suck.

I graduated from a very prominent school of business, so I learned my way around a deal or two. Should I vote for the continued arrests of tens of thousands of people, purely based on a few marijuana producers who couldn't comprehend how a free market would work and the eventual intergration of it into the cannabis industry?

You may not have known this, but I came from nothing. Everything I have was made off of my own work and effort. So if I lose all my money and belongings, Ill still be ok with that. I lived in a single roomed studio for quite sometime with the only transportation being a bicycle I mowed a neighbors lawn for a month to acquire. Wealth doesn't make the person, the person makes the weath.

Obviously, you doubt your own skills and your ability to compete in a market that isn't retarded by the illegality of the commodity your producing. But truly, it is no ones fault but your own and who knows, maybe you will get lucky and the DEA will drop the hammer and put alot of these big fish in the fryer, so that micro mini growers like yourself will still be able to make windfall profits off of smokers who are too afraid or ignorant to cultivate their own cannabis.

GrinStick

make money? off this plant? yeah, alot of peeps here do, and alot more want to. in no way diminishes the benefits of consumption, so wtf. if you're in a position to score, either way, imo do it!! rational discussion will provide the persuasion for discerning minds...peace

You may not have known this, but I came from nothing. Everything I have was made off of my own work and effort. So if I lose all my money and belongings, Ill still be ok with that. I lived in a single roomed studio for quite sometime with the only transportation being a bicycle I mowed a neighbors lawn for a month to acquire. Wealth doesn't make the person, the person makes the weath.
I'm sure most people can say similar about themselves. Maybe not down to the T, but in general place their own personal values high.

Obviously, you doubt your own skills and your ability to compete in a market that isn't retarded by the illegality of the commodity your producing.
This is true, I can't deny it. But knowing what I'm up against, it's not surprising. I'm just a AAA baller that's up against the regular Yankees lineup & bankroll, should I feel good about my chances?

But truly, it is no ones fault but your own
This is true, I can't deny it.

maybe you will get lucky and the DEA will drop the hammer and put alot of these big fish in the fryer
Now we're getting somewhere. Everyone, let's take a moment and :bow: :bow: for this to happen...

... still be able to make windfall profits off of smokers who are too afraid or ignorant to cultivate their own cannabis.
Now we're talking!!!

Should I vote for the continued arrests of tens of thousands of people
You're a good person. I'm a bad guy. That's the difference, I guess.

Sad truth is, arrest count is directly related to prices. Play the game smart and you won't get arrested.

Remember, vote NO in November!