What's new

60,000 sq. ft. Marijuana Cultivation Facility to be Unveiled near Oakland Airport

now you are going to insult ICMAG Growers? You got some nerve there. Because there are some damn fine growers here.
There are some damn fine growers everywhere. But there are lots more real, real shitty ones, too, especially stubborn ones that won't ever listen (or read).

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
There are some damn fine growers everywhere. But there are lots more real, real shitty ones, too, especially stubborn ones that won't ever listen (or read).

keep it on topic. end of story last warning. icmagt growers have nothing to do with oaklands 60000 watt un enviormental friendly dome, when it could be grown outdoors without wasting electricity and contributing to global warming...

on topic please no more personal attacks mmmmmk?

Sandnut

In my opinion this is a chance for people who got huge invested money and hightec gear to contribute to the growing of marijuana, make the best of the best, evolve the progress on growing cannabis and maybe discover new stuff that we dont know yet, they have the money to take it to a totally new level with science and stuff, I think its cool

and ofcourse some people wont like this, no one likes competition

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
LEED-certified.

Indoor prices easily dwarf outdoor prices any day of the week. More often on Sundays, as you know.

i bet you i can grow the same strain outdoors and woop your ass in quality and quantity. its about where you grow outdoors that determains the quality, and of course strain related...

now ur talking out ur butt, and like ur from the 1980's. get a clue ;) and go look at dimebags outdoor. and drool!!!!

I'll bet $50k you can't, even if your life depended on it. In fact, this is a REAL challenge should you choose to accept. I *will not* back down if you do accept, and our identities can be revealed if you want.

Blind judges/testers. Loser forks over $50k. We deposit in escrow first. You game?

Unlike you, I'm not going to post some "theoretical challenges" that I have no intention of ever participating in.

I'm gonna bet an additional $5k that you puss out. That means if you accept, I'm laying $55k to your $50k. I have cash ready to deposit into an escrow we can mutually agree on.

And yes, we're local.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

LIFEISGOOD

Bitchin' and whining will get you no where. Legalization will be better for the country as a whole. Try to look outside your closet. You are trying to take on capitalism, good luck with that. Its like trying to climb the stairs in a M C Escher painting. Provide for your neighbors, offer excellent service and products, and you will be ok. Or you can piss off some locals and waste their time by sending them on a goose chase for free food at a factory.

Crazy video, I thought it was funny oakland has a KRON 4 news. Wow. This is crazy though, I would hate to see lots of big grows like this. It looks cool but it fucks things up for the rest of us.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
I'll bet $50k you can't, even if your life depended on it. In fact, this is a REAL challenge should you choose to accept. I *will not* back down if you do accept, and our identities can be revealed if you want.

Blind judges/testers. Loser forks over $50k. We deposit in escrow first. You game?

Unlike you, I'm not going to post some "theoretical challenges" that I have no intention of ever participating in.

I'm gonna bet an additional $5k that you puss out. That means if you accept, I'm laying $55k to your $50k. I have cash ready to deposit into an escrow we can mutually agree on.

And yes, we're local.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

i wouldnt let u know my identy if u were the last pot grower on earth. grow up. and quit comparing penis sizes. im stating a fact, outdoors is just as good as indoors, if u know how to grow, not ur shitty chemical filled hydro.

fyi im a indoor grower who grows with organics. so once again. ur points are far from valid, and full of fear...

get a clue..

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
That`s what yall`re votin for next month .........Give up the whole country`s rights by signing off to be able to grow a closet full of dope in a 5 x 5 area and not be prosecuted......or buy from Oaksterdam retail "Dick" Lee whore market LLC just poised and waiting to be bought out by Big Biz......

Those that vote yes on prop 19 are dooming the rest of the US to similar sanctions when and IF it ever comes our way for legalization or at best de-criminalization where I live in Hell.....

Shit oughta be legal............period..........grow whatchas want....store leftovers away till next crop..........

Shit oughta be free.......Grow yer own....or pay the piper.....nuthin changes....if yas can`t grow yer own veggies , then yas gotta get em at the grocery store......

DHF..........

Unfortunatly we don't live in the land of should and if we all voted like you with an absoulitist mindset that we should never compromise for the sake of progress we would all be going to jail for decades upon decades to come.

Were not losing anything by passing 19, just like we lost nothing by passing 215, but we sure gained a hell of a lot and we will do so with 19 as well. All the people who are reaping millions off the medical marijuana system were the same guys who were growing large scale before 215 passed and now with 19 more of the same large scale boys will get their chance to run in a legal market.

Why should we retard progress because a few uneducated and unskilled marijuana growers don't want to compete in a legal market and pay taxes and adhere to the most basic of regulations?

bigbrokush

So tell me this: Why do so many people think that the prices will go down, when you have only a so many D's that can sell the product. Prices may go down just a bit not to much, and more people will have tons of supply for the other states black market. I mean, c'mon think about it.

It's called "supply & demand", the shift in either will shift prices and has been proven true on every single commodity on this planet longer than you and I or any recorded ancestors have been alive. It's just simple economics.

I'd be (extremely) surprised if anyone who's saying prices won't go down has ever had any formal education in economics or actual long term industry experience.

To me, it makes as clear a sense as someone saying "if you put black paint on a white piece of paper, it will turn black". Yet I keep seeing a lot of people say "nope, it's staying white... I mean, it's a WHITE piece of paper, can't you see?!?!"

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
Mothersucker, all you are stating is that in our economic system that there is supply and demand, CORRECT.

You want to continue to be able to profit at the same margin , no matter if innocent people continue going to jail over smoking or not, that is pure and SIMPLE GREED. you are giving into the same system that you seem to be so opposed to.. a supply and demand market, you obviously have your medical script, and now hide behind that as to why others shouldnt be able to smoke legally... while you continue to grow and profit because you have a piece of paper you spent a couple hundred dollars on.....

your just as money grubbing as the next guy, maybe just not as well funded, so i understand your fear... if you owned a small electronics store and a best buy moved in next to you, i wouldnt expect you to be happy about it....

your just as money grubbing as the next guy, maybe just not as well funded, so i understand your fear... if you owned a small electronics store and a best buy moved in next to you, i wouldnt expect you to be happy about it....
Thank you for understanding. I never attempted to portray it as anything different.

Mothersucker, all you are stating is that in our economic system that there is supply and demand, CORRECT.
Thank you for acknowledging, unlike most.

You want to continue to be able to profit at the same margin , no matter if innocent people continue going to jail over smoking or not, that is pure and SIMPLE GREED. you are giving into the same system that you seem to be so opposed to.. a supply and demand market, you obviously have your medical script, and now hide behind that as to why others shouldnt be able to smoke legally... while you continue to grow and profit because you have a piece of paper you spent a couple hundred dollars on.....
Now this, I can't easily see eye-to-eye on. What happens when supply increases by like, 500x? No, really, like 500x. Not 50%, 2x, 3x.

Is it going to be just as easy to "hide behind my medical script" to produce indoor weed (electricity @ $0.40/kwh minimum, pre-tax, not to mention lots of other overhead)? Let's not even talk outdoor. Drop the prices down to $2000, and it's time to look for a new profession.

Toyot4

It's called "supply & demand", the shift in either will shift prices and has been proven true on every single commodity on this planet longer than you and I or any recorded ancestors have been alive. It's just simple economics.

I'd be (extremely) surprised if anyone who's saying prices won't go down has ever had any formal education in economics or actual long term industry experience.

To me, it makes as clear a sense as someone saying "if you put black paint on a white piece of paper, it will turn black". Yet I keep seeing a lot of people say "nope, it's staying white... I mean, it's a WHITE piece of paper, can't you see?!?!"

remember, prices are where they are at because of the demand of the country. California legalizing is only going to do so much, sure as hell won't be ez to keep all buds within california.

not basic economics. add on all the legal expenses, marketing expenses, all this extra bullshit that goes into getting a product to a market. prices might not go down. profit margin will

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
remember, prices are where they are at because of the demand of the country. California legalizing is only going to do so much, sure as hell won't be ez to keep all buds within california.

not basic economics. add on all the legal expenses, marketing expenses, all this extra bullshit that goes into getting a product to a market. prices might not go down. profit margin will

Not to mention demand is going to skyrocket. All the people who were afraid to use marijuana because of having other obligations that might have been interfered by using an illegal drug will likely to become casual smokers, much like many that casually use liquor and beer.

You also have to consider that California boasts one of the largest tourism markets in the country, many of whom would certainly enjoy being able to legally buy and consume marijuana while on vacation. Add to the fact that many more people may consider California their next vacation destination primarly due to the legalization of marijuana in our state.

These people could produce 1,000 pounds per day and id still wouldnt believe prices would fall nearly as much as you make it all out to be. If price went down so much, these people would be losing their ass setting up these warehouses. As it stands we all know that marijuana produced in California is making its way out to just about every state in our country, and will most likely continue in an increasing trend if there happends to be more supply then demand in the California market.

You know why I got into this industry? So I could (sorta) play by my own rules, not have a boss, work my own schedule, not have to deal with anyone's bullshit, and be extremely well compensated if I play my cards right. At the flick of my finger, at my wish, totally up to me.

You know why I'm against this movement?

Yeah, I'm a scumbag. And I wanna remain a scumbag.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
You know why I got into this industry? So I could (sorta) play by my own rules, not have a boss, work my own schedule, not have to deal with anyone's bullshit, and be extremely well compensated if I play my cards right. At the flick of my finger, at my wish, totally up to me.

Well, lobby your local representives to make reasonable liscensing fees and start your own business that focuses solely on producing the highest quality of cannabis and hashish. Market your products on the notion that they are produced to the highest standards and that you cultivate based on quality over quantity. Pay a graphic designer to create a logo and maintain a level of excellence that your company will be reknowned for, so when people go and see your product sitting next to something commercially grown in a large warehouse they may be opted to choose the little guy over some mega production. If there is any demographic that sides with the little guy over the corporate mega giants its the smokers in the marijuana community.

zenoonez

Veteran

As much as I want to disagree with you, I can't say I would take another stance given the same situation. Props for being so unapologetically honest about it. I doubt you will do poorly regardless of what happens with 19.

Everything you asked me to do goes against my principles of why I'm in this industry. If I wanted to do all what you're asking me to do, I'd have gotten into regular business long back. That's all it is gonna be, once the floodgates open, a "regular job".

I got into this biz to not deal with all the bullshit, and have been real happy with my decision & results so far.

I'm sticking to my guns.

Yeah, I'm greedy as fuck. And when it's illegal, I have a humongous edge. When it's legal, and anyone can step up without fear and supply blows up almost overnight and at an almost exponential rate while demand is curbed to a certain maximum... it'll just be a matter of time 'til it's $50-$75/oz.

I'm not for it. I want y'all to be paying $350-$450/oz retail for the weed I grow. 'Cuz I'm a greedy, cash-cropping mothersucker!

I do it, and I do it well, after having paid my dues coming up in the underworld. But I also don't live in a fantasy world where I think that it takes such great skills to produce reasonable quality pot. My edge comes from having a combination of balls and brains. Once you open the floodgates to legalization and the playing field has been leveled, I will certainly lose quite a bit of my edge.

You want me to play fair? No thanks!

Latest posts

Latest posts