What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

6-Benzylaminopurine (BAP) to Possibly Increase Budset and Productivity of Marijuana

ganjourno

But I thought higher RH actually suppressed spidermites, no? Maybe I remembered incorrectly.

What ratio of Florel to water do you use to reach the 400ppm?
What days would you recommend to spray if the strains finishes in 7 weeks and 8 weeks?

I had heard that high temps + humidity swing would force eggs to hatch; but can't vouch for the source.

400pm florel is about 1-2 teaspoon per quart? I use a capful in a 1qt spray bottle then adjust from there - you can just use a tds pen to check for 400ppm.

I'd still spray at the same time for different plants - you wanna hit them right at the crest of the stretch to get them moving into bud development, how long they take to finish has little impact. There might a be a couple days adjustment either way if you were going with a strain that had a fast or slow stretch, but somewhere around day 14 is the right time. The second spray a week later is a reinforcement.

sadpanda

should smokers who buy from random sources be worried about this BAP stuff? (i know there's also a million other bad things that can be sprayed on too, just wondering about BAP)

ganjourno

Nope. Firstly hardly anyone out there uses it. Second the concentrations are very low. Third it's sprayed in early flower before the buds have fully formed, so mainly rests on the leaves etc and not on the buds. Fourth, it is a hormone that is already present in the plant naturally, so you're smoking it anyways.

MoPho

Ethylene is pretty safe and natural. From Wikipedia: "Ethylene is the most produced organic compound in the world; global production of ethylene exceeded 107 million metric tonnes in 2005" It is used everywhere and is naturally occuring in all plant life, so choose your battles wisely.

I understand that it can be sprayed 7 days before switching to 12/12 and it will have many effects. It makes plants
1) shorter
2) closer internodal distance
3) higher yield.

We are testing this on OG and initally the plants are shorter than untreated plants. at 4 weeks. In 5 weeks might have an answer on final answers.

It DOES have physiological effects., that I can say so far. It will be interesting to hear what final effects are.

So to be clear, it can be used according to instructions at day one and ten of 12/12 for hermi and maybe increased yield.

Do first spray 7 or less days before 12/12 and get effects mentioned above (1,2,3)

@ganjourno
Have you tried to use it before switching to 12/12?

ganjourno

@ganjourno
Have you tried to use it before switching to 12/12?

A few years back I think I tried it before flipping but a the time I was running way too many strains and don't remember the results. I know you can soak seeds in it before germ and they will all turn out female, neat trick!

I have space for ~4 extra 1-2G dirt plants at the base of my vert, next run I'll do a little experiment with ethylene treating them at different times and see how they respond. As an experiment:
- 1 control plant (no treatment)
- 1 Plant treated 400ppm florel before flip and then at day 7 of flip
- 1 Plant treated 400ppm florel at day 7 and day 14 of flip
- 1 Plant treated 400ppm florel at day 14 and day 21 (my current method)
- 1 Plant treated at 800ppm florel at day 14 and day 21 (I predict too much lower leaf death with this concentration)

MoPho

A few years back I think I tried it before flipping but a the time I was running way too many strains and don't remember the results. I know you can soak seeds in it before germ and they will all turn out female, neat trick!

I have space for ~4 extra 1-2G dirt plants at the base of my vert, next run I'll do a little experiment with ethylene treating them at different times and see how they respond. As an experiment:
- 1 control plant (no treatment)
- 1 Plant treated 400ppm florel before flip and then at day 7 of flip
- 1 Plant treated 400ppm florel at day 7 and day 14 of flip
- 1 Plant treated 400ppm florel at day 14 and day 21 (my current method)
- 1 Plant treated at 800ppm florel at day 14 and day 21 (I predict too much lower leaf death with this concentration)

Cool can't wait to hear the results. So using Florel is almost like using BAP6.?.?

Roger Shrubber

i've been experimenting with tria, 6-bap, and brassinoid for about a month now.
i've been using mostly information i found on this website, so i thought i'd come share my result. i've been posting this all on r.i.u., where i am roger a. shrubber.

I've been spraying several plants, both clones and seedlings, with at first Triacontanol, at 1 ppm concentration. after using it for 2 weeks and liking the results (accelerated growth, larger leaves that grew in faster) i added brassinolide to the mix. the powder i got is .2%, add .5 gram to a liter for 1 ppm stock solution, 100 ml in a liter is .1 ppm.
after adding the brass to the mix i got even better results. the tria effects continued, and seemed enhanced by the brass, which added it's own effects, accelerated side branching, thicker stems, a small amount of stretching, but nothing like gibberelic acid.
then i got to where people were adding 6-benzylaminopurine (6-bap) into the schedule. there was a lot of conflicting information as to the proper amount to use. a lot of things i looked at said 300 ppm for cannabis, some saying as little as 10 ppm. then i was reading this thread and saw humbleguys posts, where he was using 200 ppm and eventually had problems. so after some more reading i'm starting at 50 ppm and seeing where that goes.
it seems to me humbleguys problem was he was using too much, too early.
it WILL stop stretch, so don't apply it till your plant is the size you want it to be.
i tried it today on a white widow thats at week 6. 2 weeks ago, a few days after this plant stopped stretching would have been the optimal time, but i didn't have it then, so we get to see what happens at week 6. if its not bad, we'll try it again earlier.
View attachment 382495

View attachment 382496

View attachment 382497

View attachment 382498

View attachment 382499

Roger Shrubber

i labelled the three largest colas a,b,and c. theres a view of each, measured from the top of the pot, one of the whole plant, and one of the main cola.
i'll update this in a few days unless something dramatic happens sooner

MoPho

i've been experimenting with tria, 6-bap, and brassinoid for about a month now.
i've been using mostly information i found on this website, so i thought i'd come share my result. i've been posting this all on r.i.u., where i am roger a. shrubber.

I've been spraying several plants, both clones and seedlings, with at first Triacontanol, at 1 ppm concentration. after using it for 2 weeks and liking the results (accelerated growth, larger leaves that grew in faster) i added brassinolide to the mix. the powder i got is .2%, add .5 gram to a liter for 1 ppm stock solution, 100 ml in a liter is .1 ppm.
after adding the brass to the mix i got even better results. the tria effects continued, and seemed enhanced by the brass, which added it's own effects, accelerated side branching, thicker stems, a small amount of stretching, but nothing like gibberelic acid.
then i got to where people were adding 6-benzylaminopurine (6-bap) into the schedule. there was a lot of conflicting information as to the proper amount to use. a lot of things i looked at said 300 ppm for cannabis, some saying as little as 10 ppm. then i was reading this thread and saw humbleguys posts, where he was using 200 ppm and eventually had problems. so after some more reading i'm starting at 50 ppm and seeing where that goes.
it seems to me humbleguys problem was he was using too much, too early.
it WILL stop stretch, so don't apply it till your plant is the size you want it to be.
i tried it today on a white widow thats at week 6. 2 weeks ago, a few days after this plant stopped stretching would have been the optimal time, but i didn't have it then, so we get to see what happens at week 6. if its not bad, we'll try it again earlier.

Are you using these PGRs strictly in flowering only? Have you tried using it veg? If you have, what results have you noticed?

Thanks.

MoPho

From what I've notice so far Florel @400ppm sprayed in veg has unwanted results. I used it on plants that were 2.5-3 feet tall and about a week later all the tops were dying. I did not use anything else and the plants were healthy when sprayed.

Roger Shrubber

i'm currently using them on young plants from both seed and clones, getting mostly desirable effects, a couple of plants are showing a lot of phototropism, like leaves will twist themselves upside down and backwards to face the light. otherwise i'm pretty happy with the results, these are all 2 to 3 weeks old, the first pic is a jack herer clone, the second is ghost train haze from seed, the third is a snake venom from seed (also the phototropic girl, i turn her often or all her leaves will face the same way)
the 3 on the right in the fourth picture are all skywalker autoflowers in different medium for the vault comparative grow.
all of them have been treated twice with tria at 1 ppm and .2%brass at .5 gram per liter.
some have thrown a set or two of 3 fingered leaves, then gone back to 5-7 fingers. a couple are getting a little too bushy, but pruning is easy enough.
the phototropism is the strangest thing, and it seems to be wearing off after a few days.
i'm convinced these plants are at least 50% larger than they would have been, at least 30% bushier with larger leaves. i think they will be ready to go into the flower room a week to ten days earlier than they would have without the tria and brass.

MoPho

Just wanted to clarify the rates which you are using Brass. Early you said .1ppm now you stated .5gram per liter which comes out to be 1ppm. Did you up the dosage?

MoPho

I think the math goes like this (I could be wrong)
1grams/liter=1000ppm
.5grams/liter=500ppm
500ppm x .2%(.002)=1ppm
.05grams/liter x .2%(.002)=.1ppm

MoPho

i added brassinolide to the mix. the powder i got is .2%, add .5 gram to a liter for 1 ppm stock solution, 100 ml in a liter is .1 ppm.

Your math was correct here. So my question is, did you use it at 1ppm or did you dilute it to .1ppm. I got confused because in your later post you said you used it at .5g/liter which would be 1ppm.

Thanks

Roger Shrubber

you are indeed right and i forgot the whole stock solution step in my above description, i am indeed using .1ppm, not 1ppm, sorry for the confusion.
not like this is a website for stoners or anything....

Roger Shrubber

actually still using the same stock solution, just forgot it WAS a stock solution...this is why i grow pot and not work in a lab. :tiphat: to you sir

ganjourno

Mopho, did you make sure to adjust the pH of the spray to 4.0 with florel, and did you verify ppm with a tds meter? I've notice some early yellowing of lower shade leaves after two applications of florel in early flower, but it happens slowly over a few weeks after application. Never seen tops die off; sounds like your pH or concentration may have been out of balance.

MoPho

ganjourno
Yeah I did check both my ph and ppm. It wasn't exactly at 4.0, but pretty close IIRC it was 4.1, 4.2 and the ppm was a little less than 400 (thats including the ppm from tap 50ish).

Latest posts

Latest posts