What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4x4 tent 1000w the white,candyland

NorCalGro

Merry x mas man. I have the same setup as u only i was gonna use my 600w instead of my 1000 watt raptor. What are your thoughts what do you think i should use i have both. Also I have 2 inline fans i was just gonna hook it up like scubber>light>fan exhausting tent. Whats the more optimal setup with 2 fans? Thanks for any input man appreciate it[/

This is my first grow with a tent. I usually just get that reflective insulation at lowes thats about an inch thick and come in 4x8 sheets it's like 12 bucks a sheet so it's super cheap to make a 4 walls outta it not optimal but it works for years for me.

On another note I am loving my tent temps were on point with just one 400cfm outtake pulling thru my hood out window. Now with 2 inlines I can turn them down and have a much quieter grow with more control. So if you have a decent inline I'd go with the 1000 if however money's tite maybe a 600. Thing is your going to yeild more with the 1000 so in the end will make up for the extra electricity. Don't worry about cooling it then once I had it setup was pleasantly surprised how easy the temps and rh were to control. As far as ventilation details go I'd take jefe's advice I just got my second inline so am still learning and experimenting to see what's best. hope this helps later guys I'll post some pics later tonight
~ncg

NorCalGro

End of week 1

End of week 1

This is why I like a 1000w in a 4x4 25 day veg
picture.php

Choke out that mildew PM free for a week!!
picture.php

Lil side action
picture.php

Full grow
picture.php

NorCalGro

Post number 50!!!

Post number 50!!!

Finally I've been out of room in my album for like a week been having to erase a bunch lol

NorCalGro

Day 14

Day 14

Well I can't sleep may as well do an update. 2 weeks into flip the shoots just started to put out calyxs. Had to pull a plant in the back, the hermi one it was just getting to crowded in there anyways. It's been 2 days and you already can't tell it was ever there(it was in the back row). I'm really liking all the shoots I'm seeing it's going to be an above average yeild for me I can already tell. I usually grow mixed low yeilding strains so I'm happy if I get Between 1-1.5 units on my 1000. Here's tonight's pics.

picture.php

picture.php

Sunset Sherbet
picture.php

Wifi og
picture.php

jefe noche

Well I can't sleep may as well do an update. 2 weeks into flip the shoots just started to put out calyxs. Had to pull a plant in the back, the hermi one it was just getting to crowded in there anyways. It's been 2 days and you already can't tell it was ever there(it was in the back row). I'm really liking all the shoots I'm seeing it's going to be an above average yeild for me I can already tell. I usually grow mixed low yeilding strains so I'm happy if I get Between 1-1.5 units on my 1000. Here's tonight's pics.

View Image

View Image

Sunset Sherbet
View Image

Wifi og
View Image

Happy New year!!! Looking sweet my man. Id love to get a cut of that wifi some day. How does she grow?

NorCalGro

The wifi grows pretty fast I only vegged the wifi and sunset for 10 days. There more leggey than the seedlings cuz they were at the dispensary (Alpine alternative in Sacramento) a lil to long. I'm not sure what cut I have they dispensarys supplier has 2different, wifi no 3 and the 43jackmayoffer cut. I'm hoping for the latter but both are good.

yts farmer

Veteran
Looking good here dude, not heard of sunset sherbet sounds interesting what in the cross?

Peace.

bmp420gti

Sherbert is a cross of GSC with a strain called Pink Panties. Dont worry about the nanners on the candyland too much just pull them as you see them, candyland seems to do that a lot but it doesnt fully herm out. Good work they look great

NorCalGro

Sherbert is a cross of GSC with a strain called Pink Panties. Dont worry about the nanners on the candyland too much just pull them as you see them, candyland seems to do that a lot but it doesnt fully herm out. Good work they look great
I pulled one of the smaller girls that hermied she was getting out grown witch was my main reason for pulling. After I plucked those balls off the other candys I haven't seen any just a bunch of white hairs:). I was thinning out the candyland earlier this evening and I noticed my fingers were quite sticky I got a really good smell profile of the candyland in front corner smells like sour and fruity grapes almost spot on to her mother maybe a little more sour really getting excited to see how they turn out!!

AzHogRoaster

Hey NorCal, looking good in there.

Just wanted to toss my 2 cents in on the subject of hermi's. Unless it is absolute must have genetics... Trash it. A few banana's at the end is one thing but balls at the beginning :noway::noway::noway:.
If you don't find and clip all or more are produced and not found in time the tent gets dusted. The final quality of your bud will be diminished and the seeds produced are likely to hermi as well.

But, this is just my 3rd post, so take it for what it's worth.:tiphat:

NorCalGro

Day 18-19

Day 18-19

Things are going smooth besides having to prune more leaves than I'd like for space issues. Im thinking 9 clones vegged for 3 weeks next run. I love watching my girls stretch up to the light, it's fascinating how fast they can grow in the beginning of flower. I have another 2-3ft for my light so let umm grow:plant grow:

A few of the seedlings I started late are a bit behind the rest expected thou. The 2 clones are gonna be a good 2 weeks ahead of my seeds maybe more.

picture.php

picture.php

Sunset sherbet
picture.php

Candayland s1(a)
picture.php

NorCalGro

Hey NorCal, looking good in there.

Just wanted to toss my 2 cents in on the subject of hermi's. Unless it is absolute must have genetics... Trash it. A few banana's at the end is one thing but balls at the beginning :noway::noway::noway:.
If you don't find and clip all or more are produced and not found in time the tent gets dusted. The final quality of your bud will be diminished and the seeds produced are likely to hermi as well.

But, this is just my 3rd post, so take it for what it's worth.:tiphat:
I hear ya bro this early too.. Unfortunately 3/4 of the tent has had at least 1-2 male flowers so I'd be left with the 2 clones I added late. It sucks I thought these seeds would be something special since I only found 3-4 seeds per plant but most are just to damn unstable for me to grow again:wallbash:

I have grown hermis before and what I have found is if you miss 1-2 male flowers it's not like the whole crop is gonna be seeds just a small percentage. From here on out thou it's clones or regs for me I've have enough with hermi plants.

NorCalGro

New jug jars

New jug jars

Check out these nug jars I found on amazon for 15usd for both they had a few to choose from but I dig the sativa/indica logos. There thick glass too I'd say they fit around 3 eighths definitely recommend:biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

Caligreen1

First grow I've subscribed to being back in the game after years! I feel like you and I have a lot of similarities, I literally just flipped yesterday to 12/12 and all I need is a carbon filter to finish my tent. I'm rocking a 600 though and just one inline...

Your crops is looking great, nice and filled in...makes me think I should have had 3 more clones, but 6 is kind of my legal limit. I'll be back!

NorCalGro

First grow I've subscribed to being back in the game after years! I feel like you and I have a lot of similarities, I literally just flipped yesterday to 12/12 and all I need is a carbon filter to finish my tent. I'm rocking a 600 though and just one inline...

Your crops is looking great, nice and filled in...makes me think I should have had 3 more clones, but 6 is kind of my legal limit. I'll be back!
Nice!! I had just 1 6in inline for the first month and it kept my tent cool just fine with my 1000 so you should be fine with one for a 600. If I were you I mite consider running the inline 24hrs a day to help with circulation and intake at very least an 8in osculating fan. Are you running a 4x4 tent too?

Caligreen1

Running the inline 24/7 for sure, just got a speed controller so the noise isnt as gnarly...I do have to sleep next to my tent! So yes, its a 4x4, inline running all day and I have I think a 12" fan in there haha! Hope you don't mind if I throw a photo up?

NorCalGro

Running the inline 24/7 for sure, just got a speed controller so the noise isnt as gnarly...I do have to sleep next to my tent! So yes, its a 4x4, inline running all day and I have I think a 12" fan in there haha! Hope you don't mind if I throw a photo up?

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70706&pictureid=1692978&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
There is another thing we have in common caligreen my tent is in my bedroom as well lol. I only have one controller and two inlines it's been hard to sleep with it blowing all night on high I wrapped a thick blanket over my fans and it helps a lot and it doesn't get hot or anything. I have another controller in the mail luckily.

Last edited:

NorCalGro

Update week 3

Update week 3

The grow is moving rite along! Decided to lollipop everything but the wifi and sherbet to help with male flowers developing from low light. So far it's magageable I just check the plants every day to be safe. On another note this sunset Sherbet is gonna be a frosty one she's already coated with resin, smells different than I expected I was thinking she was more of a fruity/minty gsc smell but all I get is a deep muskey smell. The wifi is the og leaner I tell from her 3 leafs and sour lemon smell just what I wanted!

picture.php

picture.php

Candyland s1/a
picture.php

Sunset sherbet
picture.php

NorCalGro

Some early bud shots

Some early bud shots

The seedlings took about two more weeks to start flowering compared to the clones wifi/sunset, so I'd say the s1 are more like week 1-2 still a they look promising!!

Candyland s1/b
picture.php

Wifi og
picture.php

The white s1/7
picture.php

The white s1/9
picture.php

The white s1/9
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts