What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w shelf grow.

C

CFL_Grow

picture.php

Starting to blow up ! First taste of darkness and they grew over an inch.

C

CFL_Grow

Not this round. I plan on lollipopping them a little bit, the bottom few branches on each female, in another week or two. That's about it though, 5 of them are topped.

I'm planning on loosing some of these to being males so i can spread them back out. Keep the cola's up high, near the big light.

C

CFL_Grow

50% or better would be great !

Should start showing sex any day now. The room is starting to stink a little.

I also did add 2 CFL's. The big ones, 2 x 65watters in 2700K spectrum. Should give a little boost through bloom.

picture.php

OldLurker

ahh that will increase yield alot you'd be surprised. also if you used 3 23 watters = 66 watt instead of a 65 watt. you would have way more lumens which = more lights to mess with but bigger yield in the end :p.
keep the pictures rolling.

you can also keep the lights alot lower and right down by the lower branches to get bigger buds because those lights don't penetrate foliage very well..

C

CFL_Grow

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Temps are staying fine with the added lights. Will prob still add more watts as they come into flower. :dance013:

You can see the two tubes on the back wall, CFL's on the front wall, HPS overhead. :thank you: In the second pic you can see how i can the oscillating fan blowing over the canopy, between the light.

Will obviously do repostitioning with the little lights as they get taller !

No one showing sex yet.

C

CFL_Grow

That little water logged plant from page 1. I had removed it from the closet since it had fallen so far behind from being stunted. It's living in the house as a houseplant, minimal light.

Haha.

picture.php

It will never flower, since it will never get it's 12 hours of darkness.

darryl

hey man doing great! cant wait to see the turnout. i also like the houseplant idea haha, add a nice fragrance to any room!

C

CFL_Grow

Still waiting for sex to show, so not much going on.

One plant has something ive not seen yet. The area I circled, parts of the leaves got a little crispy but there is no nute burn... Bottom leaves so it wasn't the light...

picture.php

C

CFL_Grow

Ok. So, they are starting to pick sexes. Or should i say the males are coming forward.

All 13:
picture.php

picture.php

These are the suspected MALES :

picture.php

I have pulled them from the grow completely. I will give them a lot of darkness over the next two days and confirm before i chop them.

The remaining 7 plants :

picture.php

None of these are showing pistils yet, but they aren't showing balls either. I really hope the bush in the middle is a female. I will throw her in 5 gallons of soil ASAP if so.

Funny enough, all the male suspects are the tallest.

Temp is around 78F
Running about 150watts in addition to the HPS

C

CFL_Grow

Yes :) I flipped about a week ago to 12/12.

Today I had my first worries since starting the grow. The 6 suspected males i was not sure about, i was sure today were males. So i chopped those 6 and went to check on the remainder.

I found 2 more males, oh no.. I chopped them. 8 males.

Then my worries were gone. I have 2 females now. The bush in the middle of the picture in my last post, and the lady at the top right of the pic. The other 3, out of my 5 remaining plants i am almost sure are going female at this point from the looks of it. Will know soon.

Going to repot all females into more soil asap.

The little water logged runt has also found it's way back into the grow now that there is some room. Guess we will find out what sex it is too !

C

CFL_Grow

Girl 1 :

picture.php

A little droopy, she is thirsty and has been watered now :)
picture.php

Girl 2 :

picture.php

picture.php

Girl 3 :

picture.php

picture.php

Group Shot :
picture.php

The two plants on the bottom are not showing sex yet, but i am almost sure they are females.

I have 5 gallon buckets to transplant the ladies into this weekend. I have started to drill holes in them for drainage, etc.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
just fantastic thread bro, the plants under the cfl looks good, also i use in this time and they help me to keep plants more bush, you have cab similar my and my plants have 34 day and some plant no show me sex untill now but start coming preflower..im in man looking forward fo su!!

C

CFL_Grow

Thanks killerweed. Yes i figure the CFL's will be a nice boost of light ontop of the HPS. I'm digging your grow also bro :)

C

CFL_Grow

Ok i have got all the ladies into their final containers. 3 of them got 5 gallons and the other got 2 gallons.

I also moved everything to the floor and off the table top. This is what my ghetto closet is looking like when you walk in.

picture.php

picture.php

Enjoying their new roomy homes:

picture.php

You can see I also LST'ed one of the ladies. She was getting way taller then the other 3, so i brought her back down to the others ones level. Her two tops turned back up to the light overnight !

picture.php

I am running about 600w of light in the cloest. 2 Oscillating fans. Temps do not go above 80 lights on.

I hope these girls do me good. Any simple suggestions on impoving the setup ?

C

CFL_Grow

One of the girls was developing a deficiency in her bottom leaves and two days in the big bucket has cured her. I have went from Solo cups to 6in pots to 1gallon to 5 gallon in just over a month. Crazy how fast the roots grow. Each time i transplant the roots are wrapping the bottoms.

Two of these bagseed girls are starting to shoots out massive amounts of pistils already.

I don't want a lot of lower under-developed buds this run. I am going to strip the plants of the bottom 1/3 of the plants. The lower shoots that will not make it to canopy.

When is the best time to do this ? I'm ok if it stunts them a few days i dont count weeks. I got a scope

Pics in a few days :)

oldtree

the best time to prune the bottom growth or lollipop them would be before week four of flower. I am about three weeks in and about to do it to 6 of my girls.
The grow looks good. Looking forward to more pics

C

CFL_Grow

Awesome thank you. Two of the ladies need the lower stuff removed so it doesn't waste a lot of energy, so i will wait another week.

Heres the start of bloom, I'd say they have entered flower now.

picture.php

picture.php

The bush has 8 tops :jump: They love the 5 gallon buckets.

Latest posts

Latest posts