What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w shelf grow.

C

CFL_Grow

I have been experimenting with mediums as you can see. I have settled on this. http://www.scotts.com/smg/catalog/productTemplate.jsp?proId=prod70208&itemId=cat50154&tabs=general and have been mixing in about 15% extra perilite to the mix. The soil is good and is not full of gnats like the Miracle Grow Organic always is. I have found the cactus soil is not bad either, but i really like this african violet soil so far with the perilite. This soil is also pre-PH'ed for newbs like myself.

C

CFL_Grow

picture.php

The topped plant:
picture.php

Sourbear

Everything is looking great!
Can't wait to see these girls get going!
How long do you plan on veggin them for before you flower?

Btw the one you topped, the new growth is doing what it should do, I see the two new shoots coming out already!

C

CFL_Grow

Thanks M8. I'm not real sure what i'm going to do yet, haha. These are bagseeds so i still have to sex them.

Most likely i will veg another week or two then flip them.

And1M

Hey I was going through your previous grow did you apply full defoliation process on the plants or just regular flower deleafing? I've been using defoliation and it's now day 41 of the veg and they look awesome really branched out...

IC BUDZ

what type of dirt you using that stuff looks gnarly. get some rich composted or amended soil to feed those suckers and grow some benifical bacteria

C

CFL_Grow

Well, I did some defoilation on the one plant and none to the other but they were clearly diff phenos, possibly even strains.. The one i deleafed a few times def made more bud but i do not think i am complicating things this round. I had plucked it in veg pretty good a few times and also through flower as needed. Im not sure it was worth it though.

C

CFL_Grow

I have been experimenting with mediums as you can see. I have settled on this. http://www.scotts.com/smg/catalog/productTemplate.jsp?proId=prod70208&itemId=cat50154&tabs=general and have been mixing in about 15% extra perilite to the mix. The soil is good and is not full of gnats like the Miracle Grow Organic always is. I have found the cactus soil is not bad either, but i really like this african violet soil so far with the perilite. This soil is also pre-PH'ed for newbs like myself.

This.

My plants seem to be very healthy and they are definately not slow growing so i will probably use what is working.

IC BUDZ

scotts usally has a time released fertilizer that isnt to great for ganja while youcan grow some healthy plants in it your just not going to get the quality or taste you will get from natural composts and soils and teas, next time go to a gardening store instaed of just a retail store. gardening stores have a much better variety if you cant find anything else get some limestone, bone meal, blood meal maybe a little guano (harder to aquire) or just some good old worm castings, dont forget your perlite now mix this all up with your scotts to beef it up a bit remember not to use to much of anything you dont want your soilto be to hot

C

CFL_Grow

picture.php

I just tossed the thermo in there to show temps at that level. Its about 68F today in there.

How low can the temps go and the plants still be productive ? I have heat, just using the winter to my advantage in this room.

C

CFL_Grow

picture.php

picture.php

I went on and topped 4 more plants a few days ago. Mainly the taller ones. Everything is good. One plant is a little droppy but i know it's from a little overwatering.

Prob veg about another week before i flip.

Light : 12in from tops
Temp : 75 F

Emph

Looks absolutely amazing man... I can only hope my setup will look like that one day.

Read every post of both of your grows so far... You seem to be doing everything very well, just hoping you'll dabble with cloning this time around and post what you did/your results!

C

CFL_Grow

Thanks man :) It's not half of what it should be, i'd like to get a tent eventually to grow in.

We will see about cloning. I don't have any space to veg seperate so ..

C

CFL_Grow

:tiphat:

picture.php

picture.php

I think im going to flip soon. It's becomming a jungle in there and i need to find females.

One plant is yellow a little, you can see it in the pics. The only one not repotted yet. I hit it with some nutes yesterday and it's eating them up !

OldLurker

there looking nice and healthy also once they get bigger there is nothing wrong with adding a few cfl's in between buds to increase yield. keep up the nice work and stay safe

T

Tarus Bulbar

Nice little closet grow man!
They r lookn really healthy bro!
Do u plan on using an air scrubber?
Cheers

C

CFL_Grow

Thanks guys. I might add a few CFL's later in bloom. We'll see.

I don't have a scrubber for this run, but i will for the next. Luckily it's coming into winter so no one is outside and i do know all the neighbors. I have lived in this house for over a decade. Most of them are college kids renting out the places, house right next door just moved out so it's vacant. :) Not too worried with smell but i will get a scrubber next run.

1 upgrade per run, atleast the big ones.

C

CFL_Grow

picture.php

I just put the HPS in and turned on the flouro tubes on the back wall. Going to flip them tonight. They are anywhere from 6in to 12in tall.

Latest posts

Latest posts