What's new

400 watt club...

Zombie420

400w club (430 agro sun)

400w club (430 agro sun)

Here are a few shots of my Chemdawg91 in her 4th week of flower.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is my "I voted for prop 19" pic. :comfort:

attachment.php

Here is a pic I took yesterday of a Blue Cheese plant that is vegging in my veg chamber, waiting to be flowered. Soon you stinky plant, soon!

attachment.php

As you can see, I like them bushy before putting them into my flower chamber.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, MAY YOUR YIELDS BE HEAVY!

Attachments

• 2010-11-02 13.36.56.jpg
    2010-11-02 13.36.56.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 2010-11-01 10.40.36.jpg
    2010-11-01 10.40.36.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 2010-11-02 13.04.25.jpg
    2010-11-02 13.04.25.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 2010-11-03 10.46.25.jpg
    2010-11-03 10.46.25.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 12
you might wanna take the best male and selectively pollinate - there's several good guides - once he shows a bit o sex, take em out, slice a branch, toss in water cup, surround with clear bag, and on top of glass, collect pollen, get q-tip and sacrifice a cpl buds :)

2 males showed sex yesterday and i think 1 plant may be showing me female preflowers, its still too soon to tell with that one. the f-1 generation and f-2 look so much alike its not even funny. im loving this, apparently in the f-2 there is several weaker looking ones that will most likely be culled, but the rest look identical to the f-1's.

the f-2 seeds i sprouted came from a lp1 leaning male, and a "coffee" pheno female. all the coffee smelling girls in the f-1 were extremely thick during veg much larger than the siblings, and they were very vigorous also. most of the offspring in the f-2 appear to have this thick appearance and excellent vigor. very stout plants. many also smell the same as the coffee pheno did in early veg. some don't have a detectable smell at all yet, i suspect these will either be lemon phenos or possibly something else all together.

i want a lemon female so i can cross it to the lemon tai bohdi pollen i have. i also want a lemon male so i can cross them together to go back towards the love potion in that line. and of course i'm crossing all the coffee phenos to each other to strengthen that trait.

i have about 25 to choose from right now, they aren't all showing sex yet so i will remove all the males as necessary and isolate them and then flower out all the girls that suit my needs, and i will be doing some selective breeding, but i'm probably going to pollinate a few whole plants in order to make a shitload of seeds of each line. more than half the harvest will be sensimilla, but several girls will be seed machines. if they suck or just aren't what i was looking for, i can always make them part of project overgrow and toss them on the side of the road somewhere visible. but if they are good, i will have good genetics for a long time.

huntingbb

2 males showed sex yesterday and i think 1 plant may be showing me female preflowers, its still too soon to tell with that one. the f-1 generation and f-2 look so much alike its not even funny. im loving this, apparently in the f-2 there is several weaker looking ones that will most likely be culled, but the rest look identical to the f-1's.
the f-2 seeds i sprouted came from a lp1 leaning male, and a "coffee" pheno female. all the coffee smelling girls in the f-1 were extremely thick during veg much larger than the siblings, and they were very vigorous also. most of the offspring appear to have this thick appearance and excellent vigor. very stout plants. many also smell the same as the coffee pheno did in early veg. some don't have a detectable smell at all yet, i suspect these will either be lemon phenos or possibly something else all together.
i want a lemon female so i can cross it to the lemon tai bohdi pollen i have. i also want a lemon male so i can cross them together to go back towards the love potion in that line. and of course i'm crossing all the coffee phenos to each other to strengthen that trait.
i have about 25 to choose from right now, they aren't all showing sex yet so i will remove all the males as necessary and isolate them and then flower out all the girls that suit my needs, and i will be doing some selective breeding, but i'm probably going to pollinate a few whole plants in order to make a shitload of seeds of each line. more than half the harvest will be sensimilla, but several girls will be seed machines. if they suck or just aren't what i was looking for, i can always make them part of project overgrow and toss them on the side of the road somewhere visible. but if they are good, i will have good genetics for a long time.

ooo a platinum lemon? that would be AWESOME@_@ [radio announcer voice]

project overgrow - AWESOME@_@ [radio announcer voice]

huntingbb

call me stupid, but what do you mean by a platinum lemon?

officially im not sure it means anything, but:
cross trainwreck with trainwreck for super train
cross em back and forth 3 or more times for a platinum (very inbred/pure line)

Just something i noticed at the shops when they get the flowers from the growers - how it ends up being named in the end - unfortunately often seems to have nothing to do with reality =[

Sourbear

The number 1 thing about this thread that drives me insane....
NOBODY really posts how long they vegged before flowering and pot size/meduim

huntingbb

The number 1 thing about this thread that drives me insane....
NOBODY really posts how long they vegged before flowering and pot size/meduim

fair enough.

For my round one i had months of veg because i was doing cloning experiments. Depending on the size of your room and end target of plants is how big you want them - so if you build in 14-45 days of veg you should get what your looking for, so what is the end size of a girl you would like to have?

Remember the height of the pot, take out the height of the hood, leave 8" for separation or so from canopy to light (hood) and the bit in the middle is the plant itself, also 6-8" of bare stem at bottom of plant.

what is left is the budding area, which seems to be about 14-18" with a 400 - but i only went through flowering with it once, (so far) -- if you flip back a cpl pages you'll find my post with the library of links, as well as the scrog grows, look up nbg - he pulled a lb - 30 days veg and a scrog on a tubbler (bubbling Rubbermaid) - good luck!!

Sourbear

fair enough.

For my round one i had months of veg because i was doing cloning experiments. Depending on the size of your room and end target of plants is how big you want them - so if you build in 14-45 days of veg you should get what your looking for, so what is the end size of a girl you would like to have?

Remember the height of the pot, take out the height of the hood, leave 8" for separation or so from canopy to light (hood) and the bit in the middle is the plant itself, also 6-8" of bare stem at bottom of plant.

what is left is the budding area, which seems to be about 14-18" with a 400 - but i only went through flowering with it once, (so far) -- if you flip back a cpl pages you'll find my post with the library of links, as well as the scrog grows, look up nbg - he pulled a lb - 30 days veg and a scrog on a tubbler (bubbling Rubbermaid) - good luck!!

Nice thats a great turn for 30 days of veg, fuckin great turn!!!

I'm not worried about getting my sizes down anymore, I got a 4x4 spot to work my 400 with, planning on 40ish or so 1 gallon pots on my 4x4 table adding 8 plants every 2 weeks.

I just started my grow thread and everything, 400watt SOG just add water ^_^

M

mugenbao

thanks stank, it's a pretty big closet, but I just don't have any idea what kind of heat its gonna throw off. I will have a pretty big oscillating fan (one on a stand that one would typically use in a bedroom on a hot summer night), but for all I know it'll just push the heat around. I'll be running some autos for the first run, so I guess I can keep the door open as much as possible.
"Pretty big closet" is a little vague, but even with a 10x10 space unless heat has somewhere else to go, it's going to build up. My closet is around 8x10, and without flow-through ventilation the temps were regularly 12+ F degrees above ambient with a single 400W fixture. I installed a very inexpensive fan/filter combo to vent the heat out of the room and take care of odor, and I haven't had any problems since. In fact, I think a 400W is just about perfect for the setup I've got and the results I want to achieve, and I've been extremely happy with it.

huntingbb

Nice thats a great turn for 30 days of veg, fuckin great turn!!!

I'm not worried about getting my sizes down anymore, I got a 4x4 spot to work my 400 with, planning on 40ish or so 1 gallon pots on my 4x4 table adding 8 plants every 2 weeks.

I just started my grow thread and everything, 400watt SOG just add water ^_^

Nice!!! Here's my round 1 report:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=3985837#post3985837

Posted in the CMH thread, very very interesting bulb btw.

The 1lb thread is here:

NBG - 400W HPS Scrog - 1Plant - 450gr Harvest

Here we go again with a new grow under the 400.
The strains 2 Dragon Haze in 6L pots, 1 SSSDH x NL in 12L Pot, 1 BubbleChung in 6L pot, and 2 RH/FB x LT in 12 L pots.

They have been in 12/12 for 3 weeks (except DH) and are growing like insane.

SDC12807.jpg

SDC12812.jpg

SDC12815.jpg

SDC12822.jpg

RH/FB x LT
SDC12832.jpg

SDC12833.jpg

SSDH x NL
SDC12820.jpg

SDC12830.jpg

SDC12831.jpg

Dragon Haze
SDC12808.jpg

SDC12810.jpg

BubbleChung
SDC12824.jpg

SDC12827.jpg

Looking forward to post some HUGE bud shots,
until then.
Peace :wave:

free world, i like the looks and sound of that cross, smells like gummy bears eh? have you smoked any yet or grown it out before? if so how was it and whats the flowering time?

free world, i like the looks and sound of that cross, smells like gummy bears eh? have you smoked any yet or grown it out before? if so how was it and whats the flowering time?

I have not had the pleasure of smoking or growing RH/FB x LT before, but i have to say it has the sweetest aroma of any plants i´ve grown previous.

Pyrosin

hey about to get a 400 dimmable lumatek. what bulbs are you guys using as i know some dont work well in the digis. and do any of you dim at all and have no problems?

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finally got my cab today and am going to start building it tomorrow or maybe tonight. Cant wait to get it up and running and just in time too because the 5 plants veggin in the 150 cab right now are overgrowing that cab they need to be transplanted to 3 gallon grow bags and into the 400 cab to veg for a week then flower! I cant wait and of course there will be pics!

Edit:
Strains this first run are Reserva Privada Kandy Kush, World of Seeds Landraces Pakistan Valley, DNA Lemon Skunk, TH Seeds Wreckage, and World of Seeds Legends Collection Strawberry Blue 1 of each and all FEMs. Taking clones to veg for more clones in the 150 cab so I can pick my favorites out of the bunch to keep mothers of and start some other strains I have to try.

Also I have some pollen from a male Paradise Seeds Belladonna that was a really nice plant good phenotype to cross with all of the ladies I am going to selectively pollinate some lower branches of each plant with a paint brush or such to get some of my own crosses going too it should be fun.

macamus33

hey about to get a 400 dimmable lumatek. what bulbs are you guys using as i know some dont work well in the digis. and do any of you dim at all and have no problems?

Hey Pyrosin, also about to buy a 400 lumatek. Will be my 2nd. I always run the 430 watt Son Agro in mine. Have been using the Son Agro bulbs for years for both veg and flowering. Very good bulb but I replace all bulbs every 6-8 months. Have read that Lumateks burn through bulbs faster, but I have not seen it. Probably because I replace mine so frequently anyway.

Latest posts

Latest posts