What's new

400 watt club...

Pyrosin

i just got a ushio hilux gro hps for 30 bucks plus shipping, thats crazy cheap considering its a $70 bulb and its meant for digi ballasts. its on ebay

Hi man
nice setup
how many girls did you manage to squeeze in your tent and what's its size(is it 3ft by 3 ft with 6 ft in height?)
keep it up!

Hi guestaweed !

Got there (in Homebox L) like 20 plants :) and 3 from those were cuts from Šunka-Maslo (Amn.Haze,Cheese,WhiteRussian) . These PCH from BarneysFarm definetively are worth trying ! If you wish u can look into my playground in Czech/Slovak forum :) or into my photos :) theru you find all my ''trees''
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=174295 my playground
there are my few crossing trys :) like WhiteWidow*Thunk , KaliMist*HollandsHope/DurbanPoison .. and others some of those beas were gifted by friends :) sry for my bad english :)

M

mugenbao

is a 400w HPS too much for a 36"x20"x62" grow tent? 5 sq. ft. floor space, 80w/sqft. no a/c tho ambient is around 65-70
Yes and no. It's not too much if you have adequate ventilation. It's too much if you don't, since the heat can't just dissipate in such a small area.

You don't mention ventilation, and aren't clear on whether you mean to run without it, so nobody can really answer your question.

For what it's worth, I am running a 400w in my 24x48x52 tent with absolutely no problems. I use a 170cfm 4" fan and carbon filter combo for ventilation, and temps are about 8F above ambient.

[Update months later] Upgraded to an air-cooled hood, now staying within 4-5F above ambient, same fan. Also, keep the ballast out of the room if possible (hard to do in a tent grow), and vent the exhaust out of the room as well. Loving my 400w in my tent!

trueblu23

Ok, so I went from a cool tube with the wings bent out to a hydrofarm reflector in hopes to get better penetration thinking the cool tube produces a "hot spot". I am not positive but I think the cool tube actually worked better because of it being in a 3x3 tent and the hydrofarm reflector being a box instead of a spread wing reflector. Can anyone with this kind of experience confirm this?

G

guestaweed

Hi guestaweed !

Got there (in Homebox L) like 20 plants :) and 3 from those were cuts from Šunka-Maslo (Amn.Haze,Cheese,WhiteRussian) . These PCH from BarneysFarm definetively are worth trying ! If you wish u can look into my playground in Czech/Slovak forum :) or into my photos :) theru you find all my ''trees''
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=174295 my playground
there are my few crossing trys :) like WhiteWidow*Thunk , KaliMist*HollandsHope/DurbanPoison .. and others some of those beas were gifted by friends :) sry for my bad english :)

thanx man!

Yes and no. It's not too much if you have adequate ventilation. It's too much if you don't, since the heat can't just dissipate in such a small area.

You don't mention ventilation, and aren't clear on whether you mean to run without it, so nobody can really answer your question.

For what it's worth, I am running a 400w in my 24x48x52 tent with absolutely no problems. I use a 170cfm 4" fan and carbon filter combo for ventilation, and temps are about 8F above ambient.

I was also going to run a 170 cfm inline fan + scrubber combo.

Do you pull fresh air straight from the outside during the winter? Passive intake or active?

If you do pull fresh air from outside, what about in the summer?
I've been avoiding grows in the summer due to the fact that I probably won't be able to cool it.. (2'7'' x 2'7'' tent)

Just a little pic update, the plants are now 6 weeks in 12/12,
allthough on the pics they are in week 5.

SSSDH x NL
SDC13042.jpg

SDC13044.jpg

SDC13029.jpg

SDC13026.jpg

SDC13054.jpg

Hawaiian Super Skunk
SDC13060.jpg

SDC13063.jpg

SDC13065.jpg

SDC13066.jpg

RH/FB x LT Pheno
SDC13025.jpg

SDC13030-1.jpg

SDC13033.jpg

SDC13036.jpg

SDC13038.jpg

SDC13039.jpg

BubbleChung
SDC13104.jpg

SDC13105.jpg

SDC13109.jpg

SDC13112.jpg

SDC13114.jpg

SDC13116.jpg

SDC13122.jpg

A view of the 400W tent
SDC13012-1.jpg

SDC13084.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the pics.

Have a nice day :wave:

dddownlowww

Greets 400 people. Here's a shot of some GrowDoc's Angel Dust that just came out from under mine. It's good to see what everyone is up to.

picture.php

ddd

M

mugenbao

Do you pull fresh air straight from the outside during the winter? Passive intake or active?

If you do pull fresh air from outside, what about in the summer?
I've been avoiding grows in the summer due to the fact that I probably won't be able to cool it.. (2'7'' x 2'7'' tent)
Sorry, I somehow missed your question. I use a passive intake, and do not pull fresh air from outside. I pull the air from a well-ventilated and well-insulated room that gets almost no foot traffic (other than me checking on the ladies), so temps are fairly stable. Right now it's about 25F outside, so this works great in the winter time and temps remain fairly even in the tent (77F right now, as low as 72F at night).

This last summer temps reached the low to mid 90's, I think the highest was about 96F. Temps in the tent went to about 93 for a few days but the plants did okay. If it had gone any higher or lasted more than a couple of days, I have an air conditioner that I could move up there.

It's not ideal for sure, but it does seem to work okay most times.

flpflp

Veteran
few pics from my first grow under 400w hps [before 250w and the difference is huge]

38 days after switching them on 12/12
og#18, lemon skunk [dna], chemdog dd x auto ak47

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
wowzerZ i use a 250hps but a 400 changes nuggies to NUGSZ.. :D thanx to all you 400 watters for sharing.. Great work.. peace n pufs..

sacKO

Last edited:

MR.Montana

New clone/veg cab

New clone/veg cab

New clone/veg cab
Hey guys and gals its been a while since i posted and i just wanted to show you what ive been wroking on. Just built this new clone/veg cab to keep things growing while i flower under the 400 hps ive got, so i can have a nice perpetual setup....
check these pics!

from veg cab ......

to under the 400 metal halide

Now ready to switch to the 400hps...........

Latest posts

Latest posts