Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > 400W HPS Scrog - 1Plant - 450gr Harvest

Thread Title Search    
Buy Cannabis Seeds at Seed Boutique
 400W HPS Scrog - 1Plant - 450gr Harvest Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2005, 04:05 AM   #1
NBG

NBG will become famous soon enoughNBG will become famous soon enough
400W HPS Scrog - 1Plant - 450gr Harvest

Hi folks i'm new here and this is my first post.
Here's one of the last scrogs i did, thought you might like to see.
The strain was chronic from serious seeds, vegged for 5 weeks and flowered for 8 (used GH Ripen @ the end).
It was grown in a big storage tub; the medium consisted of 2-3'' of pure hydroton in the bottom with airstone, then the majority of the tub filled with pure diced rockwool/cellmax & a layer of pebbles again on the top to keep algae at bay. I used a 400W sylvannia growlux HPS and canna substra nutes with canna pk as a boost. GH Ripen was used for the final week and the harvest total was 16oz! For ages i've been getting 12oz per 400W grow and this chronic/scrog combo has smashed my record completely
Any questions, just fire away

NBG is offline   Quote

15 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:22 AM   #2
zeppelindood
Captain Expando

zeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivor
welcome to the IC NBG... that's one hell of a picture shoot... nice time framing...

"Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... fuck with us."
zeppelindood is offline   Quote

Old 06-05-2005, 04:41 AM   #3

Welcome to IC

Very nicly done = 16 OZ
I believe you found your groove

Old 06-05-2005, 09:55 PM   #4
SensenmanN

SensenmanN is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you start from seed vegging for 5 weeks?
SensenmanN is offline   Quote

Old 06-05-2005, 11:38 PM   #5
NBG

Thanks

Sensenmann - yes as far as i can remember i think i germed the seed in the last days of January and flowered that particular one around the 7th march, by around the 20th May it was all harvested and dried/cured and weighed.

zeppelindood - thanks for the warm welcome, glad you like the pics

Fredster - cheers m8, yeah it certainly is a nice groove. So nice im seeing if i can do it again. I have another plant in exactly the same conditions about 7 days into flower at the moment, we'll see how it goes..

Here's a nug of chronic - curing is a must with this strain. The improvement over time is unreal.

NBG is offline   Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:47 PM   #6
Harry Gypsna
Dirty hippy Bastard

Location: Outside BodyShop, with a Tin Whistle and a dog on a piece of string
Harry Gypsna is a survivorHarry Gypsna is a survivorHarry Gypsna is a survivorHarry Gypsna is a survivorHarry Gypsna is a survivorHarry Gypsna is a survivorHarry Gypsna is a survivorHarry Gypsna is a survivorHarry Gypsna is a survivorHarry Gypsna is a survivorHarry Gypsna is a survivor
Hi NGB, Welcome to IC...
You wouldnt happen to be the same NBG from OG would you...Natural Born Grower, who did that massive thread the waterfarm experience would you mate???
Either way glad to have you among us...Hope you love it here and feel right at home.
goprgeous plants mate...nicely done....ive just had the idea this afternoon of fitting a little scroyg to one of the bubblers Ive put together...so another SCROG'er around here to pester and generally hassle for information is great LOL.
Lovely Buds man.
Be lucky now
Harry

On a budget?? Check these out
DIY Thermostatic fan speed Controller

My homemade Aerocloner, MK2 version

all posts made by this screen name are absoloutely true All pictures are mine and i dont give a f u c k what your law says.......
Disclaimers wont protect you when the piggies come a callin
Harry Gypsna is offline   Quote

Old 06-06-2005, 08:56 AM   #7
nycnoob
sour lover

nycnoob will become famous soon enough
Looks really good..1 pound offa one plant...pretty damn good.. Guess its cause of the scrog and hydro...I should definitely do it like this..

Old 06-06-2005, 11:11 PM   #8

Nice grow NBG,

I was wondering how much water and nutes that monster was sucking down daily to feed those big buds? Your roots must have been massive! I use the canna coco series with the PK. Did you use any Rhizotonic during veg stage?
Nice Growin!

GS

Old 06-06-2005, 11:33 PM   #9
GMT
I am, therefore I think

GMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivorGMT is a survivor
Beautifull.

Copyrights on all photographic work are reserved
GMT is offline   Quote

Old 06-07-2005, 12:21 AM   #10
KillBillbuds

KillBillbuds is a name known to allKillBillbuds is a name known to allKillBillbuds is a name known to allKillBillbuds is a name known to allKillBillbuds is a name known to allKillBillbuds is a name known to all
Sweet Scrog, NBG! Helluva yielder you got there.

Welcome to ICMAG! You got skills!

Peace & grow safe. KBB
KillBillbuds is offline   Quote

Old 06-07-2005, 12:51 AM   #11
cannaCollector

cannaCollector is on a distinguished road
Excellent plant! I am growing my first scrog right now and was wondering how high is the screen from the base of the plant? I'm growing big bud and i have the screen at 9 inches. Do you think that will be good?

thanx
cannaCollector is offline   Quote

Old 06-07-2005, 01:19 AM   #12
Lucky420

Lucky420 is on a distinguished road
Wow, excellent grow! Nice to see you can pull that much off one little lady inside. :smile:
Lucky420 is offline   Quote

Old 06-07-2005, 02:17 AM   #13

NBG
Beau D ful. That gives me hope for having a 400 w its MH though..
I have the money for a new hps though.. i will get it right before i start indoors..
Well that was a great grow thanx for sharing pix with us all.. Have you started another grow>? And are you going to have a thread? peace..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
Our grow has adopted some new family members.. LQQK!!

sack

Old 06-07-2005, 10:07 PM   #14
NBG

GODDAMIT! i was halfway through a decent sized post then i stopped and clicked on someones gallery....
Lost the f%*!ing lot
Oh well...
Harry Gypsna Lol yes thats me *busted* although i got sick of the waterfarms and stopped using them in the end. Yeah i thought i'd give these forums a try seeing as og seems to be getting alot worse in terms of the 'cool peeps/idiots ratio'. Glad you like the plants and feel free to pester with Q's if you like, i'll give my views on what i can. YEah you should go ahead and scrog your DWC man, even just as an experiment. What is there to lose?:smile:

nycnoobthanks, yeah hydro & scrog is ace but bear in mind the strain i used also. Chronic is a bf yeilder anyway so i doubt i would have got that harvest using something else, like top 44 or something lol. I think the nice big pot with the airstone in it is obviously a winning combo too, for me anyway.

GreenStreetHello man, hmm i think it was drinking about 4-5 litres a day? Thats just a guess though because i wasn't really measuring it. I'd actually like to try a coco grow sometime as i've seen some nice grows with it but i'm sticking to what i know for now lol. About the rhizotonic, nope i've never used it - is it any good? I like to use nitrozyme and superthrive in veg, alongside the substra nutes.

GMTlol thanks, she's not just a pretty face either.

KillBillBudshehe yeah i'd love to find more strains that perform as well as the chronic, yeild-wise. Thanks for stopping in

cannaCollectorHi, well the plants are in the dark at the moment so i can't measure the distance. But i think its around the 8-10'' mark. 9'' should be fine, what size is the scrog? So long as you've got a bit of playroom underneath thats all that matters really. I'd say lower is much better than higher though.

Lucky420lol yeah i was amazed, i'm always expecting the worst so i usually get a nice surprise, but i couldn't believe the yeild on that one. Had to check about 3 times in a row lol.

sackoweed400's kick ass imho. 250's are too small and 600's too hot for me lol. I've never actually seen a 400MH used all through flowering though. Even though my ballasts take both hps and MH i tend to just stick to hps for the complete cycle.
I am growing some plants at the moment, all chronic clones from the last run. I have 2 in one cupboard and 1 in the other, just like last time. They are about 2 weeks into flowering. I'm going away for a couple of weeks so i'll post pics of them when i get back (if they are still alive lol).

Thanks for the replies folks and i'll be back soon with pics of the current scrogs
NBG is offline   Quote

Old 06-07-2005, 10:10 PM   #15
zeppelindood
Captain Expando

zeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivorzeppelindood is a survivor
I so dislike when that happens NBG... I've done it so many damn times... I know the feeling... piss!!! haha.... rock on br0 ~

"Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... fuck with us."
zeppelindood is offline   Quote