What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4.5 DAYS without Logic or Emotional Control

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
It's not the sugar folks. I know I already stated that, but then people don't seem to read these days. *shrug*

It's not gluten either.

Not, dipshit, it isn't nuts. Are you f'n serious?

Most of the replies sound like they're coming from people with nasty diets and no experience with kids. So glad you dropped by to share your polluted thoughts.

Those of you who know what I'm talking about... thanks for dropping by, it's been 'interesting' to say the least.

You can all go back to your TV shows now. Don't forget your cheetos, cheese whiz and gummie bears!

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

devilgoob

Veteran
never said it was specifically nuts, I said peanuts do have an anti-nutrient.

nice attitude and little tirade at the end of it all. seems like you're a little paranoid (use it freely, don't feel paranoid about telling yourself you might be) and defending yourself against people without the same thoughts as you. your paranoia comes from information you know, that others readily will not accept.

fear-based reactions where you be should defusing a situation with knowledge, instead of an attitude.

I do understand what you're talking about, I decided to add something since you believe it's all man's fault and hold people in a weird contempt if they don't believe you.

The lady who told me peanuts were poison...now she was a little nuts. I looked it up though and anti-nutrient properties do not help a person.

I think other things than what you said could be negative to well being also, like your attitude when people don't agree with you and you're not able to calmly explain to everyone when you had the chance to inform everyone rather than push them away.

Who are you informing now? The people listening that believe anyway?

A lot of parents out there think packs of easy mac topped off with kool-aid grins is the way to go, and they do it all the time.

You damn right I don't have a kid, so I would know NOTHING about the health of them.

That's why fucking doctors are required to have kids, so that their extensive health knowledge is confirmed by way of "I have a kid, I would know"

By that logic, kool-aid and easy mac makes a parent look really educated..just because they have a child.

Got anymore defenses?

If you kept a cool mind and kept informing people in a tactful manner, I am sure they would switch to understanding instead of hating, because I know the science.

I was going to speak like a fellow scientist, but you called be dipshit without any respect and mulled over what you thought was my conclusion, when I was trying to point out certain anti-nutrients do not benefit mental states.

Mister_D

Veteran
Hydro I 100% agree with you on the food. Not only have I noticed a huge difference in myself since switching to mostly organic, raw foods, but also 5 or 6 people i've gotten to convert. Met plenty of others that found the same result, but many people respond just how many have in this thread. I account it to being addicted to the "food" they eat. Oddly similar to how a herion addict will swear up and down there's nothing wrong with herion right up until the point it kills them. One of the most pronouced effects i've seen on a person occured when a friend of mine came to visit with her baby. Intially I was excited to have the little one visit, but when she got to my house all she did was cry. I mean all day, hardly ever a happy cry free moment unless sleeping. Well a couple days in and i'm thinking something is wrong, babies just don't cry that much for no reason. So i'm eating breakfast and notice the formula can sitting there, so I picked it up and read the label. First ingredient 64% corn syrup solids! WTF kind of diet is that for an infant? I immediatly show my friend and threw that shit in the garbage. Took her to the store and grabbed some organic formula. Starting from the first feed she didn't cry the rest of two weeks she was at my house. Unless of course she had a dirty diaper, or wanted food or attention. I have witnessed the same result with several other of my friends kids. The ones that breast feed and eat well have better behaved children with less health problems. The ones that eat processed foods and fed their kids cheap formula have all kinds of behavioral and health problems. There's alot more to the picture than just food, but it would blow most peoples minds to know the true effects of what they are consuming. Do some research it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why obesity, diabietes, cancer, etc are on the rise in a major way.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds logical to me

sounds like food hormones to me. when my mother was preggars with one of my sisters she threw a bowl of ice cream. advanced hormonal activity in some woman is worse than other. any shitty food they intake with more hormones and weird chemicals is just going to amplify that. shit if a hormonal girl is eating candy bars, sweet and low, Monsanto corn products, and grocery store meat then she is getting bogged down with all kinds of disgusting shit that will effect her behavior. Men too, just know one notices with men because we dont have a vagina, so no one cares.

BudToaster

Veteran
Do some research it doesn't take a rocket scientist

so true. of course, the daily aerobics will sweat the toxins out of the body after several months. That's when you begin to notice what particular foods can do to you. Then diet becomes a sequence of well-informed tradeoffs. Is Ben&Jerry's today worth the pain tomorrow? Is a wine glow tonight worth the struggle during the first 5 minutes of workout tomorrow? (Yes and yes).

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I was going to speak like a fellow scientist, but you called me dipshit without any respect and mulled over what you thought was my conclusion

The comment was meant for cravenmore. Honestly, I already know it isn't allergies so.... I didn't even read your post. Bad, sure, but the truth.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

devilgoob

Veteran
I didn't talk about peanut allergies at all, and that's the reason you didn't read it? lol

I just saw someone like me that gets a little to single-minded and paranoid (again, paranoid is just stupid fear) over his beliefs. I got like that over the LEDS 4 years ago, when nobody was supporting them.

Even now there are retards still saying LEDS need to mature. They forget binning and that a rated 240w is most likely 80 3w LEDS that are powered 1.5watts each, giving 130 for the usage of watts.

Then others think 900w leds should be calculated GPW from 900w. It's at the plug you should measure. If HPS 400w uses 400w, it's ballast might use some power, so 440w at the plug? Just random numbers, but get my point?

Especially when I specifically only say the same thing: peanuts have an anti-nutrient.

You definitely would've got people to agree with you, if you could give cases and argue with these people who just say their opinion about whether these effects happen or not. All I can say, is the normal human doesn't understand their body is inflamed after eating many of todays foods.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
So peanuts have some anti-nutrients in them ( like pretty much every grain and legume and many vegetables). Some of them may not be destroyed by heating ( no one eats raw peanuts).
All that means, at the worst, is that, lacking other sources of vitamins, someone could eventually become deficient in certain vitamins. That is a chronic issue, that takes time to develop and takes time to manifest. If it is even worth worrying about in the first place, which is definitely debatable.

So what could that possibly have to do with the scenario presented by the OP?

never said it was specifically nuts

I was going to speak like a fellow scientist, but you called be dipshit without any respect

The comment was meant for cravenmore.

The comment was meant for your old lady ...(pick the nuts from my trail mix)

melony-pecker.jpg

Well there are some points to be made, and then there is THE POINT. Some points include that some people just shouldn't have kids but no one can control that. I almost think they should control that, except then they would have too much control (not like they already don't) and none of us want that! But people with multiple inherited conditions should not have kids, crazy people or those that are not independent themselves should not have kids. In many cases, the parenting is the problem, not the kid. If you could have put that same child in a different environment before the damage was done, they would be different. I've seen over-protected kids (no TV, strict almost fanatical Christian upbringing) end up rebelling even more as they reach adulthood and some get really messed up.

Now to THE POINT, 2 different ones, the one Hydro was trying to make and the one that I am trying to make from all this. His point of certain foods doing all this is based on very limited experience is quite a stretch to say the least. I think that's what most who ripped into him were seeing. But these people are missing an important point, THE POINT I am trying to make, that this shit is bad for you and should be avoided. Did candy bars cause the observed effects? Doubtful it was JUST that, it could have been a trigger of some kind though, triggering this inherited mental instability from both parents that was laying dormant until then or something. But at the same time, people saying "oh no, candy bars or processed foods" can't be to blame and making a joke out of it is ignorant as well, children and everyone definitely should eat a lot less of these things. These people seem to imply otherwise, that candy and processed foods are fine for children and others. That candy can't possibly be to blame for making kids hyper or do any harm at all and to suggest it can is totally laughable. That is flat out WRONG and TOTALLY IGNORANT! Wake up dumbasses! That's what I want to say if these people really do feel this way. Instead I say open your eyes!

I guess I could just have summed it all up by saying it's great that this thread is trying to focus on healthier living, hopefully it opens some eyes, but don't blame all the world's or your problems on it. peace

edit#2: this thread is turning into a mudslinging fest and display of ignorant idiocy on both sides, sorry I participated now!

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Gluten exorphin

Gluten exorphins are a group of opioid peptides which are formed during digestion of the gluten protein. It has been hypothesized that people with autism and schizophrenia have abnormal leakage from the gut of these compounds, which then pass into the brain and disrupt brain function.[1] This is partly the basis for the gluten-free, casein-free diet. Two clinical studies of autism patients who followed this diet have found no evidence of benefit.[2][3] Another found evidence of benefit.[4] Another study suggested the diet may present a greater risk to brain development.[5]

i have 2 children, honor students, raised by my lonesome from 2 & 4 to 7 & 9 when i reconciled with their mother

i have been an intimate witness to the causation of the effect of food on them and on other kids for 15 years

the fact that you came here to qualify if the causation of what you witnessed isn't the wisest choice, but admittedly you are a med patient for specific reasons and thy might be playing into this

as for the people who have nothing better than ride you make light of the situation
what kinda sad fucking lives do you have that you got nothing better to do than troll people on a pot board

real sign of growers who have intellectually marginalized themselves to a life of internet docuhebaggery because other than their plants that all they got

not impressed

not at all

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
Gluten exorphin

Gluten exorphins are a group of opioid peptides which are formed during digestion of the gluten protein. It has been hypothesized that people with autism and schizophrenia have abnormal leakage from the gut of these compounds, which then pass into the brain and disrupt brain function.[1] This is partly the basis for the gluten-free, casein-free diet. Two clinical studies of autism patients who followed this diet have found no evidence of benefit.[2][3] Another found evidence of benefit.[4] Another study suggested the diet may present a greater risk to brain development.[5]

I'm curious why you would even post that- a hypothesis that 3 out 4 studies disproved, and one study suggested may actually be harming children.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I'm curious why you would even post that- a hypothesis that 3 out 4 studies disproved, and one study suggested may actually be harming children.

the wiki is not comprehensive and sites 4 studies but it points to potential. do some research and you will find more answers

I have raised kids, and any one who says kids don't react to sugar is full of shit.

does it equate to days of psychotic episodes? I have yet to experience that but the diversity in our individual biochemistry could account for an acute differential in someone else

could sugar and gluten and other foods with possible catalyst effects , especially in someone who is not exposed to them, cause an adverse reaction not experienced by most?

the fact is people are down right belligerent to the causation of diet on the our well being

sugar is dangerous its devastating our nation's youth jsut like cigarette smoking did to the past generation and the living generation pays the tab in health costs that are passed along
Emerging epidemic of type 2 diabetes in youth

http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/22/2/345.short

thats just food for thought regarding sugar

here is some on dietary influence and neurotransmitters

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DIETARY INFLUENCES
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Most neurotransmitters are synthesized within the brain; however, dietary precursors can influence both rate and function of some neurotransmitters even when no deficiency exists (Anderson & Johnston, 1983; Young, 1996). The manufacture and release of these neurotransmitters depends in large part on the concentration of the particular precursor in the blood (Lamb, 1983). Although factors within the brain also control synthesis and function of neurotransmitters, ingestion of particular foods can give rise to changes in the neural activity in the brain with resultant changes in physiological functioning and behavior; changes may be subtle in the healthy individual but for those with particular diseases or problems (e.g., depression) they could be significant (Maher, 2000; Young, 1996). To have any effect on behavior, the neurotransmitter must be released from the neurons and act on the receptors of postsynaptic neurons and this may be influenced by factors other than the level of the neurotransmitter (Young, 1996).[/FONT]

devilgoob

Veteran
eh zymos, that anti nutrient IS FAT that gets destroyed, that has oxidative properties when broken down by the body. so it's actually the heat the creates them.

....so. anyway, I keep saying oxidative stress caused by bad fat chains are not good for the brain.

yet another thread where you get kudos for not reading into things, and just saying what you say and everyone agreeing, because they've read "as deep" as you have.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
yet another thread where you get kudos for not reading into things, and just saying what you say and everyone agreeing, because they've read "as deep" as you have.

What is it about this thread that turns so many people in to condescending assholes?
Do a little research and you'll see how many sources talk about phytates, trypsin inhibitors, hemagglutinins and lectins in peanuts.
I'm not even claiming it is an important nutriontal issue, but there it is.

As for fats in peanuts, here's a study showing they lower LDL cholesterol AND lipid peroxidation.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1942175/?tool=pmcentrez
That was in diabetic rats, but not really going to spend much more time on pubmed looking for human studies because you already know everything anyway.

I would like to hear more about how being a parent is required by any institution granting an MD degree though....