What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4.5 DAYS without Logic or Emotional Control

immaculate

Don't even get me started on WAP and Sally Fallon....

Wait, what? I wouldn't ever advocate blindly following anything or anyone. But there is a lot to be learned from those resources. Health and nutrition is a lifestyle choice that requires temperance and discipline.

Please extrapolate. How, again, are these people "frauds"? What are they selling?

It seems to make sense on the most fundamental intuitive level that consumption of synthetic chemicals labeled as "food" really can't be good for the brain and body. Medicines, etc.

However, I'm obviously a bit slow thanks to certain lifestyle choices. Please bear with me.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nar·cis·sism

   /ˈnɑrsəˌsɪzɛm/ [nahr-suh-siz-em] http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/Spell_pron_key.html
noun 1. inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity. Synonyms: self-centeredness, smugness, egocentrism.

2. Psychoanalysis . erotic gratification derived from admiration of one's own physical or mental attributes, being a normal condition at the infantile level of personality development

You really nailed this one.

"It's the vaccines that gave me autism"

"It's the candy bar that made my perfect child speak back to me"

"Boy my wife sure was nuts before she learned it was pointless to argue with someone so logical"

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
It seems to make sense on the most fundamental intuitive level that consumption of synthetic chemicals labeled as "food" really can't be good for the brain and body.

I can agree with that statement.
But WAP/Fallon frequently try to tell you that actual foods, that have been consumed around the world for millennia, are at the root of most diseases.
Their whole "you're doing it wrong/ we know better" attitude obscures any grains (but only properly prepared grains or the phytates will deplete all the minerals from your body) of truth that might be there.

BudToaster

Veteran
amazing to see all the peeps defending the status quo, that has been delivered via the marketing machine on TV. why all the negativity about healthy living?

exercise every fucking day. whole food. real food. no processed crap. except wine and Ben&Jerry.

it makes a difference in my life. i don't plan to live forever, just live a good, pain free life.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
i dont think anyone is railing against healthy living..

more like the scapegoating of typical childlike behavior on a zagnut.

thats right bitches i brought out the zagnut!

cx_zagnut.jpg

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
sorry for my ignorance but Hydro and Sour what do you generally feed your kids. Im curious because just about everything in a grocery store has preservatives and additives. I would like to be educated on "safe" healthy and natural foods for myself and my children when I have them. do you guys grow all your own fruits and vegetables at home? what do you do as far as meats? and lastly, when they do need a "snack" in the middle of the day. what are some healthy snacks?

My child has eaten whole foods, chosen according to the blood type lists put out by Dr. D'Adamo. It's actually quite obvious when we feed her anything she's not supposed to have... everything has its reaction.

I buy about 5% of what we eat from grocery stores. The rest I get from health food stores for now. Nothing canned except occasionally. Nothing packaged except cheese, yogurt, soymilk and the like.

She's very well rounded... can eat sugar without issues and is a child. Not a perfect kid or some genius.... definitely well behaved, thoughtful, intelligent and getting to be quite articulate. LOL She's a super happy kid. :dance013:

She'll eat northern bean tempeh, fried in olive oil... for breakfast or just a snack. She munches on kelp and will go dig for it when she wants it. She's developing humor, patience and the whole range of personality traits that make her uniquely herself. It's a fabulous experience to be around for.

The ingredients that may be at fault with the candy bar was Refined Palm Kernel Oil (which I already know makes her act a bit different but nothing major), PGPR (Emulsifier) (My best guess as to the main culprit) and of course the ubiquitous "Artificial Flavor"... which could be any of a thousand chemical concoctions that originally came from 'natural' stuff.

Haven't done any research on these yet. Still haven't decided if I care enough or not. Avoiding it seems to be the route that takes fewer resources. Heh.

The broadness of the spectrum of posts in this thread are highly illuminating.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Allergy maybe?

Allergy maybe?

Pick out the nuts...

IMG_9593a.jpg

Last edited:

Galactic

I think nokuy should get a sex change and hydro and him/her can go shack up somewhere...

Nokuy can ask the dumb questions, hydro can provide the one and only correct answers without embellishment

immaculate

I can agree with that statement.
But WAP/Fallon frequently try to tell you that actual foods, that have been consumed around the world for millennia, are at the root of most diseases.
Their whole "you're doing it wrong/ we know better" attitude obscures any grains (but only properly prepared grains or the phytates will deplete all the minerals from your body) of truth that might be there.

You told us nothing.

Examples of some of those foods that "WAP/Fallon" say are the root of most diseases?

Come on, you can do better than that, right? Give me something to work with...

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
other food products like gluten can influence moods so unless she has sugar metabolism issues its most likely something else

but i don't doubt sugar's toxicity beyond diabetes which is well documented and among one of the greatest health concerns our country faces

but what I find very interesting is that when you do some research on sugar and mood and you will find this

"most studies conclude there is no connection between sugar and mood influence"

there are some interesting characteristics of these studies that set off my radar

field of study in these studies was the size of a classroom

study period was short term

conversely, if you look up studies on red bull or energy drinks they state the opposite

i also stumbled upon studies saying glucose influences mood at work

it was a short 5-10 minute foray but I knew shortly after there seemed to be bias though out the studies

the size of the sugar industry is a tell

sugar wars http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2010-03-02-sugarwars02_ST_N.htm

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
You told us nothing.

Examples of some of those foods that "WAP/Fallon" say are the root of most diseases?

Come on, you can do better than that, right? Give me something to work with...

Just read Nourishing Traditions or any of the stuff on the web- its pretty easy to find info on their nutritional theories.

I disagree with much of what they say, but I'm not gonna write an essay about it, and you'll make up your own mind anyway...

immaculate

Just read Nourishing Traditions or any of the stuff on the web- its pretty easy to find info on their nutritional theories.

I disagree with much of what they say, but I'm not gonna write an essay about it, and you'll make up your own mind anyway...

It's simple really.

I provided you with a series of links to direct information on a particular topic.

You spoke out against said resources. You've wasted several posts now saying nothing, when instead you could have done as I did and responded in similar form by simply listing resources that refute the information I posted.

Or maybe that's too much.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
but what I find very interesting is that when you do some research on sugar and mood and you will find this

"most studies conclude there is no connection between sugar and mood influence"

there are some interesting characteristics of these studies that set off my radar

field of study in these studies was the size of a classroom study period was short term

That's because most sugar studies are funded by the sugar industry. There is little to no independent research about anything anymore, the vast majority of modern science is funded by the folks who are paying to have scientists reach the conclusions they paid for.

If you think that's BS, research Big Sugar's influence in National and Florida politics and you'll start to understand. From the government subsidies that artificially prop up the price of domestic sugar to the corporate agra-conglomerates that have learned how to produce metric shit tons of corn syrup to add to all of their food offerings and it's not too hard to figure out why we are a nation of fat asses with sky rocketing instances of diabetus.

Just like most confusing issues in life, follow the money. Sugar is in all kinds of products from the obvious suspects to things you would never dream of. And don't get me started on big sugar and the Everglades . . . .