What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4.5 DAYS without Logic or Emotional Control

devilgoob

Veteran
The doctor having to have a kid was a joke. I thought I was being obvious.

sorry for being like that, but in some threads I never get a point across. or like 4 years ago when I said LEDs are great and then everyone flamed me for it :)

I cannot include every single little thing about peanuts and health LOL only trying to say one simple sentence.

oxidized fat isn't good for you and it's called rancid fat. it's the stuff when you heat it, it oxidizes and over time it does also. oxidized fat causes inflammation in the body.

so you read deeper and the rats are pretty good comparison anyway, we just have different minds. science just sees all the same metabolic pathways and the littleness that's why they get the knife!

I guess this is good though, because I found out a few things about roasted nuts and over-cooked oxidized fat that cause arterial damage and inflammation. Plus fat that is destroyed isn't very good nutrition-wise.

peanuts have other special effects and like all nuts taken in small quantity. plus it's a legume and isn't really a nut...it's a bean lol.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
Thanks for making the effort to clarify your point.
I agree that oxidized fats are not healthy, but disagree that heated fats are necessarily bad.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
What is it about this thread that turns so many people in to condescending assholes?

In general (not saying everyone, just most people), when someone is exposed to a truth that runs contrary to what they believe... they generally take it badly.

The more firmly the lie was believed... the more strongly the emotional reaction tends to be.

When Columbus told people the earth was round... people were extremely irate and sometimes violent about stating the facts about it being flat.

I've run across a few things now that raise this type of reaction in people.

Bottom line is... when my kid has an issue she'll wail for about 10-15 seconds, just until my wife or I get her attention. A few seconds of explanation or a presentation of alternate options, she's happy as a clam and on her way.

For 4.5 days she couldn't hear us or wasn't able to process what we were saying properly. As a result, she wallowed in upset like most kids do.

Out of all the jabber on this topic... there only seem to be a few folks that actually understand what's going on. A few that understand on a subconcious level and are _very_ unhappy about it.

Thanks for sharing folks.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
Sorry, I don't think one anonymous person's child's experience is really shattering anyone's foundations of reality.

It's more the attitude of "I know the one true answer, and everyone else is an idiot" that I am seeing...

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Sorry, I don't think one anonymous person's child's experience is really shattering anyone's foundations of reality.
Couldn't care less what you think. Not posting to hear people think.
The only reason I post this information is so that the one in a hundred ( maybe a thousand?) who understands what I'm posting.... can take away the information I'm providing for them.

(Edit: Personally... I would have LOVED to have read this from someone else about 5 years ago. Would have saved me a lot of issues and time in life. Life is good now though.)

If you don't get anything out of it... your loss. This topic really depends on knowing yourself, which the majority don't. Whatever.

It's more the attitude of "I know the one true answer, and everyone else is an idiot" that I am seeing...
LOL Nicely, wrongly put... but again, *whatever*

Last edited:

demasoni

Its already been said.
much of the opposition here is coming from a lack of understanding and exposure to the subject matter so we have individuals mistaking experience and research for an "atitude" or "greater than thou" mentality. It's actually simple observation and sharing of observations for comparison. Not sorry for you who mistake it for something personal.

I think nokuy should get a sex change and hydro and him/her can go shack up somewhere...
Nokuy can ask the dumb questions, hydro can provide the one and only correct answers without embellishment
What informative/scientific substance is brought to the table by this statement? none. Why are you here? I know why. Attention.
If you tried any harder to be cool and act like you knew the two enough to compare, I'd say you were going to hurt yourself. So don't break that ankle running any harder trying to catch the "bash nokuy train", especially when you think theres another one for bashing hydrosoil. Again, stop trying so hard to fit in. raise your post count in threads where you atleast have some idea wtf is going on. Bye.

On the subject of additives, processed foods etc. Theres more people than hydrosoil here who have personal experience and extensive research backing their findings/claims on the effects of processed foods, preservatives, flavorings and so on.
Scientific fact: some peoples bodies are naturally more sensitive to these things and quickly adapt to dietary changes.
Likewise some people can taste things in food and bud others couldnt imagine possible. Everyone's taste buds are not equally sensitive or responsible brain center as connected/in tune. Hence some people can't cook for shit, others can cook you up a food gasm you didn't know was possible. Same with bud.
Once peoples bodies recognize the superiority of truly natural, unadulterated organic foods, it demands them down the the cellular level. Your taste buds demand it, your GI demands it, your psyche demands it, any cell and process down to ATP then demand the superior fuel its been exposed to.
Try going totally, truly organic with a diet optimized for your body. Stay on that diet. Then try going back to the McShit, anything and everything off the grocery store shelves diet. Then come back here lying through your teeth how it "didn't make a difference". My guess is most people who don't believe in the profound effects of such diet (even on mental state) reinforce their ideas that its "not real" by trying foods MARKETED as organic (not truly organic), marketed as healthy (not truly healthy), plus they haven't done the research to know the difference and actually changed their diet to know the difference. Don't talk about the climb if you haven't made it or the fall if you haven't fallen.
Try a diet free of all the processed food for a few months straight. Just organic fruits/veggies, non commercially raised/processed meets, ZERO chems along the way, and soon you'll feel like superman by comparison.
If you try to go back a single can of coke or candybar can make you sick. For some the impact is more significant than others. my bet is it has a lot to do with percent body fat and what foods originially built that body fat, along with the essential fats in your brain etc. In those cases its that much more time and difficulty to "replace" with " real deal" nutrients, straight down to how natural the precursors for your neurotransmitters are. They control your brain, contribute to your behavior. Kid grows up on truly all natural, conceivable she flips out after a snickers shit bar. again, a coke or any soda makes me fucking sick. same with doritos. Why? Read above.
Its not necessarily the person coming off as aloof, its possibly the other side making excuses for not educating themselves.
-----

"0 out of 1" looks like galactic is here for his grand revenge! That or else some genius is too lazy to read the whole thing and realize how relevant it is. My guess is your neurotransmitters being built from doritos has something to do with it. Back to the corner store for your junkfood fix, fool.
-edit- wow trolls nothing better to do? try backing it up.
every time it evens out.. two more trolls come along, click and run. Try participating in the discussion and explaining your stance in a scientific manner if your capable.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From the title, I thought this thread was gonna be about a congressional hearing.

miniman

Couldn't care less what you think. Not posting to hear people think.
The only reason I post this information is so that the one in a hundred ( maybe a thousand?) who understands what I'm posting.... can take away the information I'm providing for them.

If you don't get anything out of it... your loss. This topic really depends on knowing yourself, which the majority don't. Whatever.
well acctually youre proofing zymos statement again. 1 out of a thousand understands what youre trying to teach ..its always the majorit thats wrong... know what im saying ?

gonzo`

just stay away from processed stuff and you will be better off, that is not a debatable subject, its just plain common sense...

business is about margins, its that simple.. the margin as you know is the difference between what you sell at and what it cost you to produce.. so if you think about it if a food business can produce something using NATURAL FLAVORS which is dirt cheap but not healthy for you or a more expensive REAL INGREDIENT its obvious what they will choose...

sad part of this is that even though i know this, everything that is bad for you is so common and easily available you forget,... i constantly eat shit food and it depresses the hell out of me.. but it does taste so good :D

i've found it very hard to discuss this with other people.. you have to come to your own conclusion on your own...

good thread HS.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
(Bolding in the quote is mine)
Its already been said.
much of the opposition here is coming from a lack of understanding and exposure to the subject matter so we have individuals mistaking experience and research for an "atitude" or "greater than thou" mentality. It's actually simple observation and sharing of observations for comparison. Not sorry for you who mistake it for something personal.

On the subject of additives, processed foods etc. Theres more people than hydrosoil here who have personal experience and extensive research backing their findings/claims on the effects of processed foods, preservatives, flavorings and so on.
Scientific fact: some peoples bodies are naturally more sensitive to these things and quickly adapt to dietary changes.
Likewise some people can taste things in food and bud others couldnt imagine possible. Everyone's taste buds are not equally sensitive or responsible brain center as connected/in tune. Hence some people can't cook for shit, others can cook you up a food gasm you didn't know was possible. Same with bud.
Once peoples bodies recognize the superiority of truly natural, unadulterated organic foods, it demands them down the the cellular level. Your taste buds demand it, your GI demands it, your psyche demands it, any cell and process down to ATP then demand the superior fuel its been exposed to.
Try going totally, truly organic with a diet optimized for your body. Stay on that diet. Then try going back to the McShit, anything and everything off the grocery store shelves diet. Then come back here lying through your teeth how it "didn't make a difference". My guess is most people who don't believe in the profound effects of such diet (even on mental state) reinforce their ideas that its "not real" by trying foods MARKETED as organic (not truly organic), marketed as healthy (not truly healthy), plus they haven't done the research to know the difference and actually changed their diet to know the difference. Don't talk about the climb if you haven't made it or the fall if you haven't fallen.
Try a diet free of all the processed food for a few months straight. Just organic fruits/veggies, non commercially raised/processed meets, ZERO chems along the way, and soon you'll feel like superman by comparison.
If you try to go back a single can of coke or candybar can make you sick. For some the impact is more significant than others. my bet is it has a lot to do with percent body fat and what foods originially built that body fat, along with the essential fats in your brain etc. In those cases its that much more time and difficulty to "replace" with " real deal" nutrients, straight down to how natural the precursors for your neurotransmitters are. They control your brain, contribute to your behavior. Kid grows up on truly all natural, conceivable she flips out after a snickers shit bar. again, a coke or any soda makes me fucking sick. same with doritos. Why? Read above.
Its not necessarily the person coming off as aloof, its possibly the other side making excuses for not educating themselves.

Thank you!

Truly, you've eloquently expressed my point and then some, much better than I'm capable at this point. :)

I never looked into the whole "building blocks" used for your neurotransmitters before, makes perfect sense. :)

I challenge anyone and everyone to eat a chemical free, processed food free diet... choosing your foods by blood type for a period of at least one month. For most of the people in the U.S. at least, that will be one of the most difficult things you've ever accomplished.

Start a thread, I'll join for support. :) It's totally worth it to get yourself here. :D

BudToaster

Veteran
..its always the majorit thats wrong... know what im saying ?

really? the majorit of americans (66%) is fat. they must be right, eh?

i'll say it again -- do 30 minutes of aerobics every fucking day and you will get your eating right.

it took my dad's slow death for me to learn how to cook real food. it was a real struggle at first, now after 20 years it's easy -- still takes longer than nuking shit in a bag, of course.

demasoni

We've opened up pandoras box on meats.
processed food free diet... For most of the people in the U.S. at least, that will be one of the most difficult things you've ever accomplished.
Stay Safe!
blowbubbles.gif
This difficulty I've broached in another thread...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=5206348#post5206348

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
really? the majorit of americans (66%) is fat. they must be right, eh?
Actually, just ignorant.

i'll say it again -- do 30 minutes of aerobics every fucking day and you will get your eating right.
Give me your blood type and I'll give you a "dietician acceptable" diet that will make you gain weight, regardless of your 30 minutes a day.

it took my dad's slow death for me to learn how to cook real food. it was a real struggle at first, now after 20 years it's easy -- still takes longer than nuking shit in a bag, of course.
Yes, cooking your own real food is always better than fake... choosing which real foods to eat will also make a significant difference.

Here's an eye opener for a lot of people...

Corn, corn syrup, corn syrup solids and a whole lot of things made from corn... inhibit the body's natural insulin regulation. The B blood type is so bad at this that you often hear them say things like "I just LOOK at a donut and I gain 5lbs..." Their body throws it straight to fat, because of it being from corn.

Look at the food on the shelves that people are eating... look at the soda... it's all corn, corn syrup, modified corn starch and so on.

Do you know why?

Our gracious govt has put huge sugar tarriffs in place so that american sugar producers can compete with imported sugar prices. Because of this, most companies use corn sweeteners in their products.

Our sugar tarriffs have directly contributed to a nation suffering from huge weight gain and an explosion of type II diabetics.

You're halfway there... :dance013: Check out choosing your foods by blood type and you'll be even happier. :tiphat:

Last edited:

BudToaster

Veteran
I'll give you a "dietician acceptable" diet

you can specify a diet, but i can't guarantee i would be willing to eat it. i maintain my weight at 175 to 178 lbs @ 6'2.5" (i've shrunk 0.5" in 30 years) eating whatever i feel like consuming: fruit, veggies, brown rice, and a little beef, chicken, and fish. Merlot. And some B&J.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
you can specify a diet, but i can't guarantee i would be willing to eat it. i maintain my weight at 175 to 178 lbs @ 6'2.5" (i've shrunk 0.5" in 30 years) eating whatever i feel like consuming: fruit, veggies, brown rice, and a little beef, chicken, and fish. Merlot. And some B&J.

Interesting.

I've been eating strictly for blood type for years now, cutting out all processed foods in the last 2 years. What I 'like' has now completely changed and I LOVE it.

I can't imagine going back to the way I was before. Totally and completely different way of living life. Max energy, haven't been 'sick' in about 3 years, digestion like clockwork, only need 4-5 hours of sleep, strong, waist at 27-28" (High School size) and lean massed at 160lbs (10lbs heavier than High School).

I only desire food for my blood type now. It's actually laughable for me when I happen to think about eating something I shouldn't. Meat, milk and potatoes my whole life and I won't touch them now, what they do to me is intolerable. *shrug*

I eat all I want, as much as I want and I only seem to want what's good for me now. And no... I STILL don't exercise... at all.

Folks, if you want to quit torturing yourself (except the O blood type.. you guys THRIVE on activity and red meat, lol!) get into eating for your blood type and quit excercising your brains out. LOL

You'll naturally drop to your ideal weight and fat ratio. You'll lean up and feel better. If you continue your exercise, you'll drop weight faster than you've ever done it in your life... keep it gradual, your body will thank you. :D

BudToaster

Veteran
Sounds really good. i also read the blood type diet book and my likes/dislikes match my A- blood type. i think it's a matter of paying attention and figuring out what is happening.

one thing i like about aerobics is it kills viruses by raising the core body temperature and oxygenates the system. cured my allergies, too. i also haven't been sick for quite some time, but i never go anywhere, so i have much less exposure, but my gf is out in the wild much more.

G

gloryoskie

Yeah I noticed the shift in values and beliefs thru statistical studies on Western culture and its variants from the last 100 years.

Our madness dovetails nicely with the addition of corn sugars in the diet.

Climate change deniers.
Birthers.
Rabid christian values.
Big pharma, kids on prozac, etc.
Organic isn't "proven" to be healthier.
Water boarding isn't torture.
Drive more, walk less.
When cigarettes were good for you?
Ketchup is a vegetable.
Duck and Cover.

Don't even get me started, lol!

And your kid can't even eat a candy bar without wigging out.

Are you sure it wasn't the bath salts?

Really, there needs to be much more serious dialog on the subject, healthy living is not just a fad.

End of rant, just had to say it.