Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Outdoor

Outdoor

The finale. my first attempt at outdoor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hv_c6TkQtI:thank you:

Wow, Dutch Touch!
For your first attempt outdoors, you really have excelled yourself. Impressive growth and they look so healthy. They're obviously loving the conditions. What was the most challenging part of the grow, (apart from humping all the kit)?
It looks quite an arrid environment, was water a big problem?
Fantastic job DT, keep up the great work.
Stay safe :tiphat:

Wow, Dutch Touch!
For your first attempt outdoors, you really have excelled yourself. Impressive growth and they look so healthy. They're obviously loving the conditions. What was the most challenging part of the grow, (apart from humping all the kit)?
It looks quite an arrid environment, was water a big problem?
Fantastic job DT, keep up the great work.
Stay safe :tiphat:

hahaha lets just say it was a learning curve. IThe most challenging was not knowing about all the obstacles mother nature throws at you. I will stick to indoor and greenhouse this season. Im not cut out for the outdoor however it was good fun and a chapter to my biography one day lol:thank you:

whatthe215

Veteran
you're the man DT. absolutely killing it... damn how i'd love to run a few hundred lights like it ain't even a big deal.

that greenhouse NFT setup in the video.... LOL HECTIC!

SunGrown

I actually just read the bulk of this thread, very entertaining to say the least.

Great work on all your projects I have seen, no doubt....the od not so great but a harvest is a harvest. Most of the early shots of the outdoor the girls looked way over fed which may have led to their small size....I feel like I have od dialed in and have def learned less is more with od. Then again not every strain can hit that 12 foot to 15 foot mark outside.

Thanks Dutch! I really appreciate the sharing of info and efforts.

I actually just read the bulk of this thread, very entertaining to say the least.

Great work on all your projects I have seen, no doubt....the od not so great but a harvest is a harvest. Most of the early shots of the outdoor the girls looked way over fed which may have led to their small size....I feel like I have od dialed in and have def learned less is more with od. Then again not every strain can hit that 12 foot to 15 foot mark outside.

Thanks Dutch! I really appreciate the sharing of info and efforts.

Hi Sun

Yes Im totally a fish out of water with outdoor. I think my soil was to hot "oh well" I tried it and although it was fun I wont be doing it again anytime soon maybe when i'm semi retired.
I
will stick to indoor and greenhouse.

Cheers:tiphat:

Trellis

Trellis

I like your style Dutch. One thing I see is the stakes you use. It will take less time to build trellis frames and trellis than it does to stake. Stakes @ high volume block light, carries soil born pathogens and are dangerous to garden workers. I see u grow apical dominant strains. Thus a single to double trellis should do. I wish I had trellised a lot sooner. I couldn't go back to stakes. Just a suggestion.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn i love a fresh canvas....would love to have a building like that, would make a perfect drying/curing room for my outdoor harvest lol. JK id love to pump 40 lights in that.

anyways agreed on the stakes, i hate stakes. was always paranoid id poke an eye on on them. trellis is much easier, quicker and cheaper. plus with trellis you can weave viney strains like OG kush into the netting like a vineyard and really increase that yield. only drawback i can think of is during harvest you can just chop the entire plant and hang it, gotta cut off all the branches and hang individually.

dakine1

I like your style Dutch. One thing I see is the stakes you use. It will take less time to build trellis frames and trellis than it does to stake. Stakes @ high volume block light, carries soil born pathogens and are dangerous to garden workers. I see u grow apical dominant strains. Thus a single to double trellis should do. I wish I had trellised a lot sooner. I couldn't go back to stakes. Just a suggestion.

I couldn't agree more... i've done both and believe the trellis, done right yields more with better structure and quality nugs

Hey Co

The reason I dont trellis is so I spot any problems early.

We pick up and move each plant every feeding. each of my worker lift up the pots to feel if they need water or not and doing this ables them to look for any early signs of pests or mildews

I like trellis but its not practical on this scale

Cheers