What's new

334,000W running on Aptus nutrients

McPt

Damn, frikkin hugh fields..

Like the new house, how many lights are you going to use there?
And please tell me you are doing this were it is leagal? If not, then you have some big stones my man..

Damn, frikkin hugh fields..

Like the new house, how many lights are you going to use there?
And please tell me you are doing this were it is leagal? If not, then you have some big stones my man..

Lol

Yes its legal

20 and 20 on a flip. Then 10 x 600w MH for veg.

That was my first attempt at outdoor and probably my last. to hard work man and lots of things can go wrong very fast!

V

Veg N Out

Short indoor trips are easy..theres no time for anything to go wrong really...the wheat separates from the chaff keeping them going from april until october..nice new barn, I agree itd make a cool drying room.

ok

ok

Hey Co

The reason I dont trellis is so I spot any problems early.

We pick up and move each plant every feeding. each of my worker lift up the pots to feel if they need water or not and doing this ables them to look for any early signs of pests or mildews

I like trellis but its not practical on this scale

Cheers
i understand if you have to handle the plants ,but the larger the scale the more practical trellis coupled w drip systems are.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
having run a bigass op myself, i have to agree w dutch touch on this one...

there is really no substitute for a trained gardener handling each plant individually, on whatever scale. drip lines and all that are nice and make things easier but...

dutch explains exactly how we did watering @ the mega: pickup the plant to FEEL it's weight and heft, how much water is in the medium, how much it needs, look the plant over.....
lots of stakes.

SunGrown

Hi Sun

Yes Im totally a fish out of water with outdoor. I think my soil was to hot "oh well" I tried it and although it was fun I wont be doing it again anytime soon maybe when i'm semi retired.
I
will stick to indoor and greenhouse.

Cheers:tiphat:

yes, the soil producers in california have trouble keeping up with demand so often the soil is very hot....if you try again try straight promix in at least 200 gallon smart pots with mycos added and your indoor nute line, water/feed daily and stand back...run the blue dream as a test, I bet you will get a 15 foot round bush....Ive done it

Short indoor trips are easy..theres no time for anything to go wrong really...the wheat separates from the chaff keeping them going from april until october..nice new barn, I agree itd make a cool drying room.

I take my hat off to you outdoor guys!!!

Im a fish out of water when it comes to outdoor. Its a lifestyle

:tiphat:

i understand if you have to handle the plants ,but the larger the scale the more practical trellis coupled w drip systems are.

Yes you can do a drip and trellis that just leaves more margin for error.

trust me I have done it and in this game the only way to be successful is to narrow down anything that can go wrong.

The best way to do it is the way I do it. ( Well for me at least )

If a drip can work for you then hey do it but I cant take those risks. Some plants dont need feeding everyday like others and some need more. The only way to find out is to pick that plant up. If its stuck in trellis then your screwed

What works for me bud may not work for others I'm just stating my methods and hoping to help you guys out and hoping to get tips from you too

yes, the soil producers in california have trouble keeping up with demand so often the soil is very hot....if you try again try straight promix in at least 200 gallon smart pots with mycos added and your indoor nute line, water/feed daily and stand back...run the blue dream as a test, I bet you will get a 15 foot round bush....Ive done it

Lol

Your right ! A plants a plant let the Mofo grow

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
trust me I have done it and in this game the only way to be successful is to narrow down anything that can go wrong.

What works for me bud may not work for others I'm just stating my methods and hoping to help you guys out and hoping to get tips from you too

reduce points of fail.
every pump, timer, foot of dripline, emitter,light mover, is a potential point of fail.
of course human error exists.....

big ups dutchtouch....

good point

good point

you are right about equip. failure, that is part of automation unfortunately. large facilitys out here have irragation teams that all they do all day is check and fix driplines. drip clean helps but shit happens. i agree everyone has their own growing style and like i said, i dig your style dutch

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn if everything is hand watered that means no vacation time huh! unless theres a revolving crew of labor to do the work. i have a drip system in place but i also have a 500gph water pump inside the reservoir connected to polytubing with a wand for spotwatering and handwatering plants. because drip systems do have their flaws with pressure issues and clogging and if you "set and forget" you can lose a plant here and there if your not checking every few days.

jack runs drip in his big grows wonder his rate of success with them is. ive only lost one plant before to a clogged dripper, luckily it was at week 6-7 so it was pickable and sellable.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
also real interested in seeing the buildout of that 40 light building....especially the framing of the rooms, gotta learn how to build the foundation and then also how to build a ceiling with a framework to hang the lights off.

DT awesome grow OP you have going on I'm impressed with the scale of the whole thing.

Quick question around how much do you spend on nutrients for everything?

inspiredby

Great thread Dutch. You make it look easy bro. I was wondering
if you have any experience or thoughts on Mapito? I just found it
available by the pallet in the states. I have always been impressed
with the commercial Dutch grows I have seen on hennepdesk. I am
looking to expand and, Mapito seems like it would make it easier to
manage multiple spots then coco. Does quality suffer with ebb and
flow mapito grows? Any insight from an unbiased and very experienced
production farmer would be appreciated mate. thanks

SacredBreh

Great thread DT!
Just read the whole thing from the beginning. Too bad about all the back and forth at the start. Not a great welcome to IC but a little smugness was there too. Course, I think the smugness was warranted since you obviously backed it up with results.

Successful people don't usually second guess themselves when they are a success. I don't think I would want to frequent a surgeon who after making his cut was having second thoughts and YOU SIR ARE OBVIOUSLY A SURGEON with our beloved plant! so to speak...

Would really like to see some detail on your new build out. The discussions around stuff is great and rationale is always appreciated but the pictures teach me more and birth more ideas than a dozen books of conversation.

Anyway, glad the thread settled down enough we don't have to wade through a bunch of more bullshit.

Your results are not up for debate..... :eek:)

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts