What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

334,000W running on Aptus nutrients

yea i wish i didnt have to do this but its kinda forced on me because of my veg size. i have seen done with great results but still trying to fine too my set up. i am getting about 1.5 a light now but need to be at 2 plus to make money out here in colorado lol. just switched to coco hoping it helps and so far the coco is smashing the dirt!! just about to flip first set of cocos

Hey bud if your hitting 1.5 thats still a great yield!

Coco will speed up your Veg if you have been using soil previously

I think ts due to more oxygen getting to the roots

hotboxes

Hey bud if your hitting 1.5 thats still a great yield!

Coco will speed up your Veg if you have been using soil previously

I think ts due to more oxygen getting to the roots

coco holds 2x as much water and air together than dirt.

I was reading back a lot of pages back when you were talking about changing out hoods as well as bulbs because of the reflectivity loss over time from light reflection, have you ever tried hanging bare bulbs and maybe 600's instead of 1000's to get closer to the plants? I mean your not cooling your lights to begin with so the heat issue wouldn't be a problem plus you get 360 degree's of light with out the need to replace hoods every other grow as your doing now. Maybe you have tried it and it don't work for you but I can't see using that much light just to waste half the par lighting by bouncing off of a reflector first before it is even used. Just my thoughts and nothing more BTW awesome set up keep up the great work man.

coco holds 2x as much water and air together than dirt.

I was reading back a lot of pages back when you were talking about changing out hoods as well as bulbs because of the reflectivity loss over time from light reflection, have you ever tried hanging bare bulbs and maybe 600's instead of 1000's to get closer to the plants? I mean your not cooling your lights to begin with so the heat issue wouldn't be a problem plus you get 360 degree's of light with out the need to replace hoods every other grow as your doing now. Maybe you have tried it and it don't work for you but I can't see using that much light just to waste half the par lighting by bouncing off of a reflector first before it is even used. Just my thoughts and nothing more BTW awesome set up keep up the great work man.

Hey

Yes the reflector things is something I been thinking about for a while now.

I have been looking at the Gavitas. I think I may try a room with them on my new project thats about to start.

I have tried 600w for years back in Europe and love them. The only reason I use 1000w now is because I have to Veg longer that means the plants are much larger so I need the 1000w to penetrate the canopy. Trust me 600w are the way to go on a smaller grow if your not worried about the plant count.

I dont have the room to hang the bulbs. my space is tight and we dont have time to move the hanging bulbs out the way. Because everything is so tight its already a bitch to work in so I try to keep a comfortable work place for us. little things like hanging bulbs or things blocking the walk ways will soon start to ruffle feathers:peacock:

much respect buddy :thank you:

W

willyweed

Cool good luck to the guy. Keep a eye on the night time temps over in the UK i heard its snowing again!:skiiing:
have to run the heating for a few hours at night and i have underfloor heating in my tent.it did snow a bit but last year the river by me flooded 7 or 8 times ,wettest year for about 100 years.not good for your homeland in the future!:)

hotboxes

Thanks DT, I guess when your running something on the size you are the extra 10,000.00 every other grow for new hoods isn't shit lol. Very clean too looks like you can eat off of the floor in there. Much props bro.

D

DHF

Respect DT......In oh so many ways.......but mostly canopy management...... in that.......

ALL need to step up and take notice of the single cola "monocropped" variety setup flipped soon enough where plants don`t grow laterals fast enough before end of stretch for full swellage/breathing room by end of cycle where max lumen penetration/plant absorption can be optimized for bottom line end results ftw......on a flat grow , and I`ve never run anything but bare bulbs for a "sideways canopy" in smaller flip rooms but I digress.....

Fixed non-cooled hoods with ballasts mounted on the ceilings , along with environmental control in place inside the grow area with NO shadowing or lumenloss to speak of in a large room where light gets lost fast speaks volumes......anyways.....

Not sure Aptus did all that , but rather knowledge and experience with understanding nutrient profile requirements for dialed varieties , but if it works for you and adds to the bottomline while being cost effective then that`s all that matters........

Thanks for sharing.....DHF.....:ying:.....

have to run the heating for a few hours at night and i have underfloor heating in my tent.it did snow a bit but last year the river by me flooded 7 or 8 times ,wettest year for about 100 years.not good for your homeland in the future!:)

time to start thinking about Aquaponics lol

Respect DT......In oh so many ways.......but mostly canopy management...... in that.......

ALL need to step up and take notice of the single cola "monocropped" variety setup flipped soon enough where plants don`t grow laterals fast enough before end of stretch for full swellage/breathing room by end of cycle where max lumen penetration/plant absorption can be optimized for bottom line end results ftw......on a flat grow , and I`ve never run anything but bare bulbs for a "sideways canopy" in smaller flip rooms but I digress.....

Fixed non-cooled hoods with ballasts mounted on the ceilings , along with environmental control in place inside the grow area with NO shadowing or lumenloss to speak of in a large room where light gets lost fast speaks volumes......anyways.....

Not sure Aptus did all that , but rather knowledge and experience with understanding nutrient profile requirements for dialed varieties , but if it works for you and adds to the bottomline while being cost effective then that`s all that matters........

Thanks for sharing.....DHF.....:ying:.....

For sure buddy

Non aircooled is the way to go. I dont think hanging open bulbs is the way to go however I have never tried it so I cant comment on that till I have.
If you invest in the room and get it dialed in then it all comes down to nutrition and the growers eyes.

No matter how good the room and nutrition, you always have to rely on the head gardeners knowledge

DHF Thanks for the compliments and your input

Cheers:thank you:

username474

Thanks for the time you put in with this thread Dutch. I was wondering if you had any experince with EZTRIM's Satellite Trimmer? Also, is there a lot less product loss with the Centurion Pro Leaf Trimmer then the twister? Thanks for any feed back.

Thanks for the time you put in with this thread Dutch. I was wondering if you had any experince with EZTRIM's Satellite Trimmer? Also, is there a lot less product loss with the Centurion Pro Leaf Trimmer then the twister? Thanks for any feed back.

I have never seen or heard anything on the EZI trim.

I heard the centurion pro 2 is meant to be the best machine on the market at the moment. A lot of my friends In the bay area are using them and swear by them

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dutch, ez trim sattellite is a killer machine.... check link in my sig, i have clocked many hours on the unit.... trimmed many units on the clock....
haha

ttaylor

@Dutch touch
Two simple questions:

1: How often do you use it? Every watering, once a week...?
2: Have you used it foliar? Have any ideea if it works and at what concentrations..?

@Dutch touch
Two simple questions:

1: How often do you use it? Every watering, once a week...?
2: Have you used it foliar? Have any ideea if it works and at what concentrations..?

I use it in every feeding and I have been doing a foliar with sea green. Its amazing!

I dont know why guys skip feeding with the boosters. I only used to flush water when I used nutes with high salts