What's new

315w CFL Cab Harvest Pics

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Thanks chaps!

I have about 4 ounces of strong herb curing away in the cupboard. Loving the soil mix I used...easy peasy.

Now I just have to decide what to pop next! Gonna squeeze 8 plants in next round.

Chem 91 S1..?

Chem 4D?

Casey Jones?

I'm such a seed whore...maybe I'll just post what I have and let you decide what I should pop..?

hayday

Veteran
Hi Monk,I can't believe I've overlooked your Harvest thread.Very nice work and excellent selections.I hope you don't mind me peeping in from time to time.
:tiphat:

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
hey man couple questions. you said you loved the soil mix you used, you mind telling us what it consists of? and I feel like I may have already asked you this but that KKSCxSWT#4 what size container are they in? It looks like a gallon milk jug but it almost seems bigger than a gallon of milk

Dysnomia

Lovely harvest!

Considering next round, I can wouch for Casey Jones most definitely! I don't really have much experience with the chem family (except for 2 CDxSD females) but one CJ pheno I found is pretty special. CJ is perhaps the most active-uplifting from the three if you're looking for some zing rather than a stone!

Regards,
Dysnomia :tiphat:

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Hayday - No probs! Pop in all you like. :)

Sour - Hi there. 4 of the plants were in 4.5 litre square pots. The other 2 were in 4 litre juice bottles with the tops cut off. All pots had no drainage holes and I like this method. It's cleaner and I like the way watering forces the gases up and out each time.

My Soil Mix:

2 parts top qualty compost (mine had plenty of comfry and ewc)
2 parts Canna Pro Plus (basically peat, coir and bark...no nutes)
1 Part EWC
1 Part Perlite

I then added the following...all measurements per litre of soil mix:

2 tsp Dolomite Lime
1 tsp Neem Seed Powder (3.5-1-1)
1 tsp Maxicrop Seaweed Meal (1-0-2)
1 tsp Maxicrop Cal-Sea-Feed (1-0-2)
2 tsp Blood, Fish and Bone (5-5-6)
1 tsp Bonemeal (3.5-5.5-0.5)
0.5 tsp Guano (2-15-1)

I then mixed it all together and added some rain water and left it for 3 weeks to 'cook' in the shed! Don't think 'cooking' is necessary by the way.

The plants were vegged until sexed in just the soil mix with a little bonemeal and seaweed thrown in.

I only gave them rainwater which is slightly acidic (about 5.5ph) and over time this will erode the lime and release the cal/mag in it. I imagine when I run any chems that some epsom salts may be needed.

It was so easy to grow this way...virtually grew themselves...just had to pinch/bend/sweet talk them!

;)

Dysomia - Many thanks for the tips. Casey I think will be popped...along with the '91. Tempted to try the Dinafem Critical+ freebies I have.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very impressive round!

What's the lineage of the Chem 4D?

I like chem/diesels, so I'd go with the 91 s1s and the 4Ds.

You might be in for some serious training with the Casey Jones, there's some stretchy genes in that strain :)

Looking forward to seeing the next round!

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Hi Blynx. Thanks for the input and compliments! Coming from 'THE CFL MASTER' means a lot.

:)

Chem 4D is Chem 4 Clone x Chem D IBL. Must be some keepers in there..?

Yeah Casey could be a little tricky to contain...but perhaps a fun challenge..?

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
OK

This round I'm hoping to flower out 8 ladies in the cab...2 more than last time...each in 4litres of soil.

I am currently germinating:

2 x Chem '91 Skunk Va S1's
2 x Critical + S1's
4 x Chem4D's
4 x ECSD x SFV Chem

This should be fun!

Only change will be to water with Epsom salts every so often to help feed the mag whores!

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
S K U N K Y T O W N !

So...for all you rabid CFLers dying for an update from me (LOL) I can report that 11 out of 12 seeds are on their 2nd to 3rd sets of leaves...looking super happy. I'm hoping that in 14 days time I should know how many females I have.

Only one seed didn't make it (C4D) but all the others did...non paper towel method works for me!

So far I have 4 females...all s1's: Chem 91 and Critical+...

One of the 91's and one of the ECSD x SFV Chem's are super vigorous...sucking it up like a champ.

Will get photos up when things get more interesting...

H

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Very Nice. I would have loved to try the A-11. I don't know where to get it

great thread monk read through the whole thing.. love those buds, ncie and fat.. ive recently been wondering about making my own soi mix, yours seems really balanced :tiphat:

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
can't wait to see the next run

and that soil mix sounds nice man!

I might have to try the no drainage method!

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
huligun - Hey there! A11 is a lovely smoke for sure...I think it is available as F2's or 3's on seedbay...just have to hunt for it.

Canna Gnome - Thanks very much for the compliments. My soil mix, in truth, amazed me last round...It is possibly slightly too 'hot'...and possibly has a little too much Nitrogen...but it worked out fine. I've never seen root production this good before...I think it was the explosion in roots following final transplant that caused a little tip burn...suddenly the plant had access to all the power!

Sour - Thanks for popping in...I really like the no drainage method...it bubbles up the 'stale air' and as the plant uses up the water it puuls fresh oxygen rich air back down to the roots...keeps mess to a minimum...and it's very easy to know when to water.

This round should be fun...going to use 8 x 4 litre containers...plant to one side of each...veg for a week and then 'right angle' each plant and flip to 12/12.

H

Latest posts

Latest posts