What's new

315w CFL Cab Harvest Pics

SFVog

Great grow! I might have missed it but what is the area of your grow? The space looks about the size of mines which is 6 sq ft.

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
I would guess about 5sq feet...will have to measure it to be sure.

This Chem D is bloody wonderful to grow. Easy peasy...hope she smokes just as good..

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Yeah...I'm a bit blown away by their progress! She loved to be fed that's for sure.

I'll post more progress pics over the weeks ahead...

...shame I can't change the thread title lol!

AlexTrebek

I'll take micro show for 800!
Awesome CFL grow and my hat of to you for focusing on growing quality dense bud then over stuffing a cab and getting a leafy/fluffy aftermath like many apprentice growers do. Grow on!
:tiphat:

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Chem D at day 46

Chem D at day 46

Here you go chaps...a pictorial update of my D at 46 days 12/12. She's beginning to look a bit ragged...but I can assure you the buds are still plumping up! Just hit her with a bit of PK and she's still on the flower nutes, epsom salts, seaweed and cannaboost etc etc.

She's smelly!

First pic is at day 28 for comparison and the rest all at day 46:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:tiphat:

SICE

How fluffy or dense are the nuggets.... after drying?

Harvested a CFL grow and the buds where somewhat hairy and airy

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Chem D Chop Chop Day 65

Chem D Chop Chop Day 65

Day 65...gotta come down today as I'm away for Christmas and need her to hang...she is incredibly frosty...smelly and yields dense and heavy buds.

I read somewhere that Mr Chemdawg would take his at 66 days so I don't feel soo bad about chopping at 65...hopefully she'll reveg and I can try for 70.

Her trichs are 5% clear, 90% cloudy, 5% amber

She could have been grown A LOT better...gotta figure out this crispiness that crept in...bud thankfully the buds look superb. I'll let you know weights and smoke report etc in due course.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:wave:

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Next Round...

Next Round...

I've just copy/pasted the following from a new thread I started but figured I should probably update this thread even though the title says harvest pics:

OK so I haven't been growing much lately so about 6 weeks ago I decided to fire up the blinding light box that is my cab!

It's about 3.5sqft and has 3 105w CFL's in it...2 warm and 1 cool. I don't keep mothers currently...just pop beans and grow them...sometimes pollen chuck if a stinky male pops up.

I have 6 females at day 7 of flowering each in about 4.5 litres of organic soil...water only method until harvest. It's the first time I've left the bottled nutes in the cupboard and I'm very impressed with the health of the plants. I may tone down the mix next run as 3 of the six are showing mild signs of a little nute burn...nut you live and learn eh? They still look pretty damn healthy to me and I now know I'm there or there abouts with the food levels in my soil.

My Soil Mix:

2 parts top qualty compost
2 parts Canna Pro Plus (basically peat, coir and bark...no nutes)
1 Part EWC

I then added the following...all measurements per litre of soil mix:

2 tsp Dolomite Lime
1 tsp Neem Seed Powder (3.5-1-1)
1 tsp Maxicrop Seaweed Meal (1-0-2)
1 tsp Maxicrop Cal-Sea-Feed (1-0-2)
2 tsp Blood, Fish and Bone (5-5-6)
1 tsp Bonemeal (3.5-5.5-0.5)
0.5 tsp Guano (2-15-1)

I then mixed it all together and added some rain water and left it for 3 weeks to 'cook' in the shed!

The plants were vegged until sexed in just the soil mix with a little bonemeal and seaweed thrown in.

After transplanting into the flowering mix I let them root for 1 week then flipped them to 12/12 7 days ago.

Here they are today:

picture.php

Clockwise from top left:

Genius x F13
6th Element (SoCal MK x C99)
KKSC x Swtt4
Bubba Kush S1
KKSC x Swtt4
DJ Shorts Blue Moonshine

I have a couple of Glo males segregated for potential pollen chuck...but undecided...

...So far the KKSC cross is a real beauty...inverted xmas tree with zero training...also the Genius cross is very very beautiful...

Hopefully the soil won't be too hot for them and that they push on strong into flower.

Hope you all enjoy the show and feel free to throw in comments, questions, shit balls and fanny wangers.

H

TexMex McDirt

Looking good man, welcome back for another round. Good luck with dialing in that soil mix, looks like a nice recipe. I can't let go of the MaxiBloom, it's just so darn foolproof.

Happy Farming!
Tex

Penguin59

Just beautiful plants you have there Monk! Apollo 1 was my favourite I think. I'm always surprised at the quality that comes from CFL lighting. They might not be as dense buds as HID lighting but they always get so so frosty and end up being incredibly good smoke.

Great soil mix there too, pretty much covered all the bases in that mix. Looking good for 1 week 12/12, I'll be watching!

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
TexMex - Cheers! So far so good regarding the soil mix...simple and full of good stuff...fingers crossed I'm saying that in 8 weeks time!

Penguin - Pleasure to have you here...love checking out your grows...I know you rock the 250hps...and secretly I would like to do that but......I went another way! I have done no training so the canopy is uneven (except the KKSC and BM), so I may do a 2 stage harvest to let the lower buds ripen.

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE?

lol

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Will update with photos on Sunday.

The plants have settled in to the mix...nute burn subsided so I reckon the soil strength is pretty good. Have been doing some stem pinching to keep tops from getting to high.