What's new

30x Chemdog Double-D

G

^^^Agreed, don't sweat the nanners its part of the job, the plants look great clowtown, no doubt you'll be resting on your laurels soon enough, believe me I'm sure those plants are 1st class.Believe it!!!Chaco, DD whore :joint: :joint:

SativaBelieva

9 weeks

9 weeks

Harvested TW... sometimes I let it go for even 10 weeks... but it has stopped drinking now...

I plan to harvest the CCDs next week... the fotos are taken from below... in the dark... the top buds are bigger than they look on the photos...

#3 looks best... fat calyxes... and smells a bit like bon's...

#9 smells best... like candy... it had the most crystals early in flower... seems like #3 took over towards the end... I expect the most seeds in #9...

#14 is the runt... it did catch up well... buds round like balls... tiny calyxes... the top broke off by accident early in flower...

#15, the zombie, has the most sativa influences... and stretched the most...

Last edited:

THC•20

Damn, I can't wait for mines to start budding up. I've really been anticipating finally getting some bud worth tasting/smelling.

clowntown

Veteran
Nice looking plants, SativaBelieva! :yes: How bad is the herming now?

For me, the "C" finally hermed on me... making it 3/3 that hermed. I really had hopes this one was gonna pull through, but alas... Looked like she had "gone bad" for about a week or more by the amount of spots she hermed, but can't be sure. I didn't keep that close of an eye on her because I had a glimmer of hope that she would be herm-free, but sure enough not the case. Maybe she had hermed along with the others earlier, but I just missed it? She's 2 weeks behind "B" and "D".

The "D" also hermed a bit more, nanners in a few dozen spots. Unfortunately "B" was rotated back to the other end of the garden so I didn't have a chance to really check up on her, but I probably won't bother... only a few more days to go 'til chop.

Seems the "B" and "D" were a bit more predictable this grow, although conditions were a bit different and all. I'm going to try a few different approaches to feeding next time around and see if I can make a difference. In the mean time, I still have 5 beans left that I'm considering popping in the very near future...

SativaBelieva

Hi Clowntown, for these 4 phenos the herming concentrated at the first half of the flowering period... in week 2-3 all developed some balls for pre-flowers... #9 continued this in week 4 or longer... #14 and 15 did grow a few bananas later in flower...

I've got clones of #3, 9, 13 and 15 in flower too... and they also showed balls in early flower... maybe I will do one more round with CDD#3... these buds look impressive, I hope they will taste like bon's...

Last edited:

clowntown

Veteran
Do you plan on trying anything different on the next round?

I will try introducing the PK boost a little bit later, and keep the feeding more steady and maybe at a slightly lower EC. Definitely raise the lights a bit as well.

Perhaps even a "control" clone might be worth looking into, where I feed nothing but base nutes plus whatever to keep deficiencies at bay, rather than pushing her? I want to know if there's anything that can possibly be done, as a grower, to help with the herming. Or if it's inevitable (at least by us mortal growers).

All my CDD's hermed, and although I understand this is a fairly common scenario, I can't exactly say that I've provided an optimum environment and feeding for them at all times, either. From time to time I was lazy and fed the wrong nutes by mistake or on purpose, had the lights too close, or a number of small other things. That's not to say that having a perfect, tip-top condition environment wouldn't have made them herm, but it wouldn't hurt I think.

Worst case... if the smoke is good enough, I'll either monocrop them or time the flowering with other shorter flowering strains so that late nanners won't be an issue

Last edited:

Hindu Killer

Veteran
THX for shareing the pics of DD fellas! I have some crosses with it in them...should be nice...yielding for sure.

REZDOG

Veteran
SBeliever,bro,I'm putting you on Beta Lists,I'll hook you with some new gear when it's done.
I should be in your area next month,I'll try and look you up then.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SB , very nice .... :D

you should buy some Molasses from Plagron also , it will boost the yield and flavor for sure ;)

Fj

C

CrippledCrow

REZDOG said:
SBeliever,bro,I'm putting you on Beta Lists,I'll hook you with some new gear when it's done.

Very cool of you man :joint:

DonChron

REZDOG said:
As to arrogance concerning the quality of what I grow,well,I only speak the truth,and that's not "arrogant",that's simply fact.

Cheers![/b]

I can not criticize your business habits as I have no experience,more over,your strains are bomb.cheers

SativaBelieva

REZDOG said:

Swell Rez, I'm curious for your new gear... sure it'd be nice to see you again... let me know when, I might be out of town in July for 1 or 2 weeks...

fjällhöga said:
SB , very nice .... :D
you should buy some Molasses from Plagron also , it will boost the yield and flavor for sure ;)
Fj

Thanks FJ, I do have Vitrasol from Bio Nova... also Molasses... haven't used it for a while as the I'm using Organic Bloom from B.A.C. which contains Molasses too... these sugars also feed the composting bacteries I add to the soil... I like using this in combination with mycorizza root funghi... bio power!

Tolpan

Nice garden there Sativabelieva!

I've tried different mycorrizas, but so far without any better result?! Is it really working for You, faster growing or more yield? Most of my other plants, that got no mycorriza, grow the same.

I'm day 18 in flowering now and so far no hermies. I'm using now 2 different waters and I'm much more carefully than last grow.
We'll see if it helps!? Hope so, great weed!

Good luck!

Tolpan

clowntown

Veteran
Hey, how about me? Can I be put on the beta list too? :puppydoge

Only bad thing I did was post that little flow chart, but I can remove that if it'll get me on that beta list! :D

SativaBelieva

Tolpan, which brand did you use?... I've got BAC... they combine 4 different mychorrizas... and how do you use it?... I mix in 1 gram in a small container for newly rooted clones... and again 1 gram everytime I transplant to a bigger pot... allow some time for 'm to colonize... or add more at once... also, do only use bio nutes in combination with these root funghi... and composing bacteries... check sanniesshop for more info...

Poor clowntown... good luck to you...

BloodyBill

I am so glad i read this thread! Phew, what a potential nightmare. Even though i have never liked Rez (his attitude online has always been for shit) I thought about buying a pack. Having just gotten out of jail(non marijuana related) I lost a ton of shit, and was looking for something special to try.

No way am i gonna risk a whole room full of other plants to try these things out. To me it sounds like someone used a femmed seedline in the mix and never worked it out.

Anyway Sativabeliever, better luck next time, and this thread was very informative.

Last edited:

THC•20

God damn this clone is taking for ever to show just a single bud site lol. Next Monday will be the third week.

Last edited:

eyexcel

Rez might be pissing farther but at least JJ is pissing on Rezzie's leg. Rez, you are an arrogant, pompous, asshat. Your motto should definitely be 'the best of other peoples work untested for your dismay'...Keep it Real Phony Hacksaw...

Last edited:

eyexcel

JJ is A TRUE CHEM FAMILY REPRESENTA..HE HAS WORKED WITH, AND SHOWN MORE LOVE TO THE LINE THAN JUST ABOUT, IF NOT ANYONE OUT THERE...REZ IS JUST A GREEDY P.O.W. (PIECE OF WORK)... TIME TO DUST GIBRALTAR OFF YOUR SHOULDER AND GET OVER YOURSELF...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts