What's new

30x Chemdog Double-D

clowntown

Veteran
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do a bad job of describing it... as only smelling it and smoking it could accurately describe the smell and flavor... but I'll try anyways.

It has a musty, fuel-like smell, but also something else I can't quite describe. It has a lasting deep & rich flavor on the tongue... sides and back. The herb itself doesn't stink too much when sitting alone, but disturb it / break it up and you will smell it across the room. Buds are sticky as hell and extremely coated in resin glands, which easily fall off to create a sparkle on whatever surface you just broke it up on. Breaking up even a tiny amount of herb by hand results in finger hash every time. Breaking it up with a pair of scissors results in scissor hash every time... :nono:

It's very potent, but I wouldn't mind smoking it just for the flavor...

Prior to growing this, I thought the Abusive OG Kush had the sickest amount of resin... but the Chemdog Double-D (especially pheno "C") takes the title!!

Last edited:

sqwirl

I feel that I have to say my oppinion and my experiences with the strain. First off I am extremely hard to satisfy when it comes to the Chem catagory as I run the Chem D, #4 and Tres Dawg (Chem D bx3)(have not harvested a tres yet).

When I grew the Chem Double-D out I was extremely disappointed. I've gotten over the Sour Diesel crave and am only carrying two diesels atm. I just could not get over the Sour Diesel influence in the Chem Double-D. Sour Diesel almost always takes over the cross when used in breeding. The short lived high (and almost generic stone) are weak compared to the ChemDawgs imo.

I've never had herm issues with the Chemdawgs I run, but have had some problems with the chem double-D :bashhead:

I just recently harvested my first stardawg (jj's chem#4XTresdawg.) This was grown at a partner's house who likes to stress the flip outta plants. The stardawg had no herming problems (at all) and it seems like it will definitly stay in my stable under the Chem catagory, givin the others a run for their money to stay. So if your looking for some real Chemyness :joint: wait and check out JJ's gear. I believe Top Dawg seeds has been doing some testing lately and been extremely happy with their results.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
The Chemdog cut, the original one, rarely ever shows a nanner..... It takes monstrous stress (usually heat) to make that happen.

Been running the 20 yr old old Chemdog cut for 5 years, it was gifted to me, after working very hard and helping someone for 3 years.... The original is getting quite tired, and indoor is a bitch... Outdoor, it is fantastic.... If one is careful in the hardening-off process, and does not put it out too early in the year... June's Full moon is as close as one can get to perfection, and even so, it still wants to go immediately into flower...! Been trying to stall them, and it actually worked for 3 weeks or so.

I have got maybe 6 Chemdog beans through the whole time.... Only 2 were viable. The first one produced a plant that was beautiful, super Diesel-ly, but not the taste or buzz I like.

The second well-popped bean has been cloned, and I think it got fertilized by either The Cheese, or the Original Purple Erkle, based on the leaf pattern. But - time will tell.
Either one should be exciting to watch...
They go in the 12/12 tomorrow. Running a Hydro Hut (repaired and returned) for the summer, to attempt to control heat better....

My original point, before I sidetracked myself, was that Chemdog is not generally something that herms..... Unless there is some undue stress....

Ess Bee's Trichome coverage and my Chemdog look similar, yes....

Congratulations on a Massive Thread..>!

THC•20

sqwirl said:
"Sour Diesel almost always takes over the cross when used in breeding. The short lived high (and almost generic stone) are weak compared to the ChemDawgs imo."

Ok I was wondering just how "short" was the high from this strain? I'm used to a single hit from the bong keeping me high for at least 2hrs, how does this measure up? I notice you said they are "weak compared to the ChemDawgs" but do you think it's at least any good? What exactly would you compare it to? I'm just wondering because I'm constantly trying to find keepers and the more this plant grows in my garden the more bad stuff I hear about it lol. Before I purchased any seeds all I heard was good stuff... :nono:

SativaBelieva

#3, 14 and 15

#3, 14 and 15

Stasis dog, good to see you... and yeah I do think the hermie tendencies stem from the Sour Diesel male rather than from Chemdog....

THC... I loved bon's pheno... I haven't tested all of mine yet... but here are some more pics...

#3... looks like #9... but grew more male flowers...

40053cdd0594-med.jpg

#14 the runt... did recover well and developed round buds... smaller calyxes... more sativa influences?

400514cdd0596-med.jpg

#15 the zombie... buds grew from the base of some fan leaves stems... also more stretch... thus more sativa influenced?

400515cdd0597-med.jpg

Last edited:

SativaBelieva

Clones #3 and 9

Clones #3 and 9

Just harvested the clones of #3 and 9... both have similar aromas... but 9 has more mass... and less balls...

Of #14, the runt, I didn't keep a clone... instead I gave #13 another shot... this time no banana bunches... but all clones did have early balls again... #13 and 15 still need a week or so...

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
damn i just ordered 10 beans now im worried cause i didnt read the whole thread (just looked at the pics of buds) then ordered them immediately now reading the whole thread and seeing they have a hermie problem im thinking maybe change my order b4 its to late can anyone recommend another strain similar or do u think i will find 1 good female that doesnt hermie out of ten seeds cause i will keep it for good?

Last edited:

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
so what is the likeliness of me getting a pure female out of 10 beans? is there any ratio or are they all prone 2 herm? sorry to be apain but what do you mean by pinch 'm?

THC•20

I think if you treat them like normal plants, nothing more..nothing less, they'll respond like normal plants lol. I didn't do anything but water my plants and feed them occasionally. Let em do their thing..I popped 3 seeds and got one female and one male, other died, plus I got past the first 2 weeks without the "male parts appearing". Haven't gotten to the hermie part yet, I'll report if I see any..so far so good, next week I'm going into the 4th week from 12/12. Possibly pictures... Trust me you'll find something worth keeping within 10 beans, if not make more lol.

Last edited:

H&L

sqwirl said:
I just recently harvested my first stardawg (jj's chem#4XTresdawg.) This was grown at a partner's house who likes to stress the flip outta plants. The stardawg had no herming problems (at all) and it seems like it will definitly stay in my stable under the Chem catagory, givin the others a run for their money to stay. So if your looking for some real Chemyness :joint: wait and check out JJ's gear. I believe Top Dawg seeds has been doing some testing lately and been extremely happy with their results.

BADASS man, that stardawg looks killer! Tres is a great outcrosser from all I've seen, can't wait to do more with it. I know already I need to take a tres to an urk again as the first order of business. :joint:

THC•20

clowntown said:
Have you harvested yet?

Nope but as far as the growing part is concerned I've had but good luck, I have yet to smoke them but you can bet I won't be toking it without giving my opinion on it in this thread lol.

edit...eh I was wondering if you were talking to me lol? I just re-read this page and thought maybe you were talking to Sativa..sorry I just had my first bong hit for the day not too shortly before I logged back on :joint:

Last edited:

sqwirl

THC•20 said:
Ok I was wondering just how "short" was the high from this strain? I'm used to a single hit from the bong keeping me high for at least 2hrs, how does this measure up? I notice you said they are "weak compared to the ChemDawgs" but do you think it's at least any good? What exactly would you compare it to? I'm just wondering because I'm constantly trying to find keepers and the more this plant grows in my garden the more bad stuff I hear about it lol. Before I purchased any seeds all I heard was good stuff... :nono:

The high will last for various times for different individuals. But the high will be a very short lived high. The high hits you quick but will also leave just as fast. And then there is the tolerance factor. Once you smoke it for a few weeks the high just gets generic imo.

It is good smoke, don't get me wrong. I was extremely amazed the first few times smoking sourd. It is potent weed, just not nearly as potent as the original chems imo.

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
so am i wasting my time ordering this strain or not cause by the pics it doesnt look like i am and also has any body had success growing a non hermie pure female if so let me know if not im cancelling my order cause its a waste of time considering i have so many other strains that x pollinated by this strain or am i worrying to much HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Yeah, Ess Bee, Always good to stop by this huis......

I cannot vouch for the taste, but if the strain is true, oh yeah....

It does not look like a waste of time, lol - whoa, nice microfotos...

Go for it Benji... SB's looks killa-dillah....! It has that billion-dollar trichome coverage look which no one can resist, and my bet is that these will form into ROCK HARD nugs.... DAY-AMM...!

Besides, there are only a few varieties available in seed form that can possibly deliver elite-quality Moms, and this is one of them....

Just keep the room cool, and you prob will not see any nanners.... Even if you do, they rarely pose a huge problem. Self-pollination is not super-common....

The Chemdog strain rarely produces "Viable" nanners, if that makes any sense.... They are just for decoration...

Last edited:

THC•20

BENJI said:
...or am i worrying to much HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

yes, you're worrying too much lol. It'll be fine.
sqwirl said:
The high will last for various times for different individuals. But the high will be a very short lived high. The high hits you quick but will also leave just as fast. And then there is the tolerance factor. Once you smoke it for a few weeks the high just gets generic imo.

It is good smoke, don't get me wrong. I was extremely amazed the first few times smoking sourd. It is potent weed, just not nearly as potent as the original chems imo.

Well I'll report how the high is for me. If it doesn't have duration though I'm gonna have to pass. Not that I'm too good for it but the only weed I think that should have a short high on me is mids. Maybe I'm not interpreting it right..I'll just have to see for my self lol.

Last edited:

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
killa guess im not cancelling my order after all guess it all comes down to the grower thanks thc-20 and stasis im am now very eager to get these beans...lol