What's new

300w Giant CFL Grow

hicksticky

Still at large...
Hey Wu hows it grow'in,

Hope you dont mind me pullin up a chair i very interested, where i am embarking on the same adventure, I am trying to run cfls and soon some leds in a cab right now and soon a 4x4x5 tent.. and i too share the same concerns about whether or not flowering can be done right with cfls. i'm thinking of doing it like ugly dog did with alot of bulbs/coverage (that were LEDs come in to play hopfully ) and keeping the gurlz low.

but it like others have said we just got to find out whats right for us.

Good luck with the grow, good vibes your way. Cant wait to see your progress, i think your a week or so ahead of me.. :smokeit:

Wu Wei

Hey Wu hows it grow'in,

Hope you dont mind me pullin up a chair i very interested, where i am embarking on the same adventure, I am trying to run cfls and soon some leds in a cab right now and soon a 4x4x5 tent.. and i too share the same concerns about whether or not flowering can be done right with cfls. i'm thinking of doing it like ugly dog did with alot of bulbs/coverage (that were LEDs come in to play hopfully ) and keeping the gurlz low.

but it like others have said we just got to find out whats right for us.

Good luck with the grow, good vibes your way. Cant wait to see your progress, i think your a week or so ahead of me.. :smokeit:

Hey hicksticky, no problem at all you are more than welcome!

It is great to hear that you are running a similar kit, sounds nice I will look forward to seeing your grow to if you have or thining about making one?

Yeas they girls definitely need to be kept low with cfl, mine have really outgrown this light now, I will have to purchase a hps soon if I want some decent buds! But the way you are using cfl sounds much better, you will be able to have light everywherer with the scattered bulbs and the led's will be awesome! My bulb is quite bright for a cfl but the intensity is only where the bulb is, I have my one auto basically right under the bulb hogging all the lummens and the growth is incredible, this bulb would be great for one plant.

Exactly its all different for each of us, everyone will have slightley different methods :)

Thanks and good luck with your grow too! Same, good vibes your way.

Peace brother :ying:

Wu Wei

Here are the cheese and kalashnikova at day 31, the kalashnikova had such slow stunted growth from broken roots!

Peace :ying:

Attachments

• IMG-20140507-00063.jpg
    IMG-20140507-00063.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20140508-00069.jpg
    IMG-20140508-00069.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Wu Wei

Hey everyone, here is the cheese and kalashnikova at day 37, I tied the branches down for a few days on the cheese to get light into the plant. I have tied the kalashnikova all the way down to soil level and keeping her tied down because the branch nodes are really close :)

Attachments

• IMG-20140514-00074.jpg
    IMG-20140514-00074.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-20140514-00076.jpg
    IMG-20140514-00076.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 15

Wu Wei

Here is the blue diesel auto at day 23, we have pre flowers :woohoo: she has turned into a monster for a auto her and the other two are in 25L pots :)

Attachments

• IMG-20140514-00072.jpg
    IMG-20140514-00072.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-20140514-00086.jpg
    IMG-20140514-00086.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 13

Well

Nice to see you back again :) almost got worried for a while ;)
Your plants looks great. :)

Here´s a little pic from my tent..

Bless ya

Attachments

• Project C-1 RIOT.jpg
    Project C-1 RIOT.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 12

Wu Wei

Nice to see you back again :) almost got worried for a while ;)
Your plants looks great. :)

Here´s a little pic from my tent..

Bless ya

Hey Well, nice to see you too and never worry friend!
Thanky you bud.

Yours look very nice too, they look tall :)

what size tent do you have? What type of light are you using bud?

Well

I have a 90*90*180 (cm) tent and 600w cooltube light,, but the bulb is sining on its last verse now, time for a new one :) and 10 L pots (2.6 gallon)

Are you still running in veg hours? Or have you done the switch to 12/12?

peace be with you

Wu Wei

I have a 90*90*180 (cm) tent and 600w cooltube light,, but the bulb is sining on its last verse now, time for a new one :) and 10 L pots (2.6 gallon)

Are you still running in veg hours? Or have you done the switch to 12/12?

peace be with you

Hey Well, wow that 600w hps must be damn bright in your 90cm tent, respect!

How long did you vege them friend? Have you ever thought of training them :)

Mine are still in vege :)
Peace brother and blessings to you too :ying:

Well

Hey Well, wow that 600w hps must be damn bright in your 90cm tent, respect!

How long did you vege them friend? Have you ever thought of training them :)

Mine are still in vege :)
Peace brother and blessings to you too :ying:

I acctually only vegged them for about 2-3 weeks, didnt have the time for more this time :)
I tried monster cropping on one of my Ice plants a while back, and just now when i checked the clones, i found this (attachment).

Bless ya:ying:

Attachments

• klon.jpg
    klon.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 15

Wu Wei

I acctually only vegged them for about 2-3 weeks, didnt have the time for more this time :)
I tried monster cropping on one of my Ice plants a while back, and just now when i checked the clones, i found this (attachment).

Bless ya:ying:

Ah cool they look nice! Happy days then.. Monster cropped clones :D they should have a wild growth from what I have read!

Prace brother :ying:

cravin morehead

Veteran
hey brother, plants are looking nice!! healthy happy girls in your tent. good job. can't wait to watch them flower out and hear you talking about how nice it is to smoke your own. keep it up bro,

cm

Wu Wei

hey brother, plants are looking nice!! healthy happy girls in your tent. good job. can't wait to watch them flower out and hear you talking about how nice it is to smoke your own. keep it up bro,

cm

Hey buddy, thank you they are loving the tent! I have put three outdoors too, cream caramel, bay 11 and purple maroc which is a fast flowering northern climate strain, I purchased another purple maroc which is about a week old in the tent and I had a free blue dream and northern lights x skunk which I willl keep indoors.
Thanks friend I am happy that you are hear to watch them flower :) I really have to purchase a hps soon if I want some decent nuggz. Yeas it is going to be amazing to smoke my own home grown, i can not wait! This auto is supposed to be harvested at 60 days from seed, but I am unsure of that because she is still in vege with pre flowers and its now day 25

Thanks bud :)

hicksticky

Still at large...
Hey Wu Wei,

The girls are looking great! I finally jumped in and start a grow journal, the reason i bring this up is I am also running a Blue Dream that i was thinking on cloning and putting some outside(northern climate). I read that your keeping yours in, should I be rethinking that? I never grew blue dream before and its looking more sativa which i have had good luck with outdoors before.

Thanks,Hick

Wu Wei

Hey Wu Wei,

The girls are looking great! I finally jumped in and start a grow journal, the reason i bring this up is I am also running a Blue Dream that i was thinking on cloning and putting some outside(northern climate). I read that your keeping yours in, should I be rethinking that? I never grew blue dream before and its looking more sativa which i have had good luck with outdoors before.

Thanks,Hick

Hey hick, thank you! Ah cool its great to hear that you are doing a journal :) I would not recomend blue dream for a northen climate outdoors.. But who knows you could try it, if you are taking cutting you may as well. Purple maroc is supposed to be amazing outdoors uk, I have one out with a fast flowering cream caramel which I hope will do well from the slight auto genetics. The bay 11 I put out could be male or female as GDP seeds only produce regular.. I don't think I will get much from her as she needs intense light. I have another purple maroc to go out soon :)

Yeas blue dream is I sativa dominent but I don't think it will do well in a northern climate, you could try them though if you are planning on taking cuttings :) I would put them out soon before june if possible.

Last edited:

Wu Wei

Hey guys, quick update! Here are the cheese and kalashnikova at day 43 :)

Attachments

• IMG-20140519-00108.jpg
    IMG-20140519-00108.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-20140519-00110.jpg
    IMG-20140519-00110.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 14

Wu Wei

Heyu guys, here is the blue dielsel auto at day 28, she has many pre flowers now and showing more pistols :) for some reason the leaves were drooping and some twisted around so I gave her a drink.

Here are the blue dream and northern lights x big bud at about 13 days I think, they will be flowered regardless what size they are when I flower the rest.

Attachments

• IMG-20140519-00115.jpg
    IMG-20140519-00115.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-20140519-00111.jpg
    IMG-20140519-00111.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-20140519-00113.jpg
    IMG-20140519-00113.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 15