What's new

300w Giant CFL Grow

cravin morehead

Veteran
Hey buddy, i'm in... i don't know much about running cfl's, i use them for cloning and keeping moms, but with the type of help in this thread, i'm sure i can learn alot. Can't wait to see how this run goes. i'll be sitting in the corner taking notes and lighting tokes...

cm

Wu Wei

I'm not "on" about anything. Just telling you what I would do. Take it or leave it. Growing is always a learning experience. Good luck. -granger

Ok no problem and thanks for the advice Ganger. Yeas true it is always a learning curve. Thanks

Wu Wei

Hey buddy, i'm in... i don't know much about running cfl's, i use them for cloning and keeping moms, but with the type of help in this thread, i'm sure i can learn alot. Can't wait to see how this run goes. i'll be sitting in the corner taking notes and lighting tokes...

cm

Hey buddy its awesome to have you hear! Ah don't worry most people don't use cfl's to flower, I was thinking about getting a small hps to flower? Yea I hear a lot of people use them for vege and moms. Yea there is lots of good info here on cfl. Thanks and I am happy to have you hear brother! Haha epic :D

Wu Wei

Here they are at 7 days, Kalashnikova on the left and Cheese on the right

Attachments

• IMG-20140413-00026.jpg
    IMG-20140413-00026.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20140413-00030.jpg
    IMG-20140413-00030.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 11

Wu Wei

Kalashnikova left, cheese right :) can see that the Cheese is more sativa

Attachments

• IMG-20140413-00031.jpg
    IMG-20140413-00031.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-20140413-00032.jpg
    IMG-20140413-00032.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 12

Well

Woow broo,, Cheese is just awesome,,, give her some love and she will blow your mind braatha ;)
kalasnikov is a fun strain to go with... looking forward to see your stuff..

For myself i just kickstarted a growtent instead of the old room :p
SourJack, Pure kush, Ice,, and my own ideas of strains :D

I think i will start a thread later on ( not much to see yet doh)

bless up bro

Wu Wei

Woow broo,, Cheese is just awesome,,, give her some love and she will blow your mind braatha ;)
kalasnikov is a fun strain to go with... looking forward to see your stuff..

For myself i just kickstarted a growtent instead of the old room :p
SourJack, Pure kush, Ice,, and my own ideas of strains :D

I think i will start a thread later on ( not much to see yet doh)

bless up bro

everyone loves cheese well those who like skunk. Never smoked kalashnikova but read the genetics and it sounded great, solid indica. The cheese is supposed to be mainly indica too, I think she could be a pheno showing of the original skunk gene.

Cool sounds great, nice strains! Love the kush, you should have gone for Pre 98 Bubba Kush one of my favourite of the kush family, I am receiving a Bubba Kush cutting soon from a buddy! I can't wait to grow her myself she is explosive!

I will be looking forward to seeing your grow too, peace out! Blessings brother!

Well

I´ll bring some sweet photos for ya soon brother,, in a very early stage right now, so not to much to see yet,, gonna be fun to run my new strains now,, Ääfrika and Baker street i call them,, Baker is a sativa dominant lady with a lot of passion ;)
Ääfrika is a Orange haze x Baker street cross, later on i might run my Durbantopia ( Durban poision + Utopia haze), she grows like a single bad ass cola :)

Be well and take care of your ladies...

Bless

Wu Wei

I´ll bring some sweet photos for ya soon brother,, in a very early stage right now, so not to much to see yet,, gonna be fun to run my new strains now,, Ääfrika and Baker street i call them,, Baker is a sativa dominant lady with a lot of passion ;)
Ääfrika is a Orange haze x Baker street cross, later on i might run my Durbantopia ( Durban poision + Utopia haze), she grows like a single bad ass cola :)

Be well and take care of your ladies...

Bless

Cool that will be nice to see some of your own strains, how did you creat them? Did you cross them? They all sound great.

Thanks and the same to you, blessings, peace :ying:

Wu Wei

Here they are at day 14, had to top the cheese because she was double the height of the Kalashnikova. The cheese has also suffered from bad nutrients as you can see the leaf curl in the pictures, the kalashnikova responded better to the nutrients but growth seemed to slow after feed.

Both plants were starting to yellow from lack of nitrogen so I purchased miricle-gro because that is all I could get at short notice, I gave one fith of the recomended dose and it still messed them up. I have purchased a Bio Bizz pack and it should arrive this week.

I really need to re pot them too because the roots are crazy growing out of the bottom, I am also waiting for my Canna soil to be delivered, the soil I currently have is terrible!

There are also two seedlings in the backgrounds, cream caramel and blue diesel auto.

Attachments

• IMG-20140421-00034.jpg
    IMG-20140421-00034.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20140421-00041.jpg
    IMG-20140421-00041.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-20140421-00037.jpg
    IMG-20140421-00037.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-20140421-00038.jpg
    IMG-20140421-00038.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 15

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cfls are the bomb for veg and if micro grows is ya thang then they are your friend in Flower as well...

I've been having lots of fun with them over the last couple 2-3 years and the bigger CLF's like you have will make for crispy leaves if the touch but if you have good air flow around the bulb you can get them within an inch with good results...

Once the girl have a couple sets of leaves...

The cfls wont get much light lower than 2 levels of branches into the canopy so unless you can add light lower as well,Ya might want to keep them short...

I think my favorite way to play with cfls is to let the lady veg up a good 8-9 internode spaces then cut her down to the 4th or so.
Take the 4 branches and pinch and bring them down to the rim of the pot. Start training around the rim and flower...
Control the stretch and BAM... Micro sog...lol Cfl style...

Hope you have as much fun as I have and I'll be pulling up a bucket for the show if ya dont mind....

D.U.D.E...

Wu Wei

Cfls are the bomb for veg and if micro grows is ya thang then they are your friend in Flower as well...
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=53043&pictureid=1238745&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=53043&pictureid=1238746&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
I've been having lots of fun with them over the last couple 2-3 years and the bigger CLF's like you have will make for crispy leaves if the touch but if you have good air flow around the bulb you can get them within an inch with good results...

Once the girl have a couple sets of leaves...

The cfls wont get much light lower than 2 levels of branches into the canopy so unless you can add light lower as well,Ya might want to keep them short...

I think my favorite way to play with cfls is to let the lady veg up a good 8-9 internode spaces then cut her down to the 4th or so.
Take the 4 branches and pinch and bring them down to the rim of the pot. Start training around the rim and flower...
Control the stretch and BAM... Micro sog...lol Cfl style...

Hope you have as much fun as I have and I'll be pulling up a bucket for the show if ya dont mind....

D.U.D.E...[URL=http://i.imgur.com/97RnYxE.gif]View Image[/URL]

Yea I have been told that cfl's are great for vege and I can see they are too! I will have to try to get as many tops as possible because like you said the light will not penetrate far.

I noticed the temp between the light and plants can rise if its too close, I did have a fan in there it was supposed to be two speed but only the high setting works, and for some reason it is cooler in there with the fan off. The temps are fine 25c at the level of the cheese.

That sounds like a really good way to cut them at the fourth node to keep them short, I am definitely going to train them, I think I will tie the whole plants down at the soil level and let all the branches grow up as tops :)

Thank you and I hope I have fun too with them and I am sure I will, you keep having fun with yours too. No problem you stick about and enjoy its great to have you here :biggrin:

Your plants look amazing I just hope I can get mine like that, cool room too that gigantic pot is superb, what are the white pipes for budd, watering?

Peace brother :ying:

DamnUglyDogE

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea I have been told that cfl's are great for vege and I can see they are too! I will have to try to get as many tops as possible because like you said the light will not penetrate far.

I noticed the temp between the light and plants can rise if its too close, I did have a fan in there it was supposed to be two speed but only the high setting works, and for some reason it is cooler in there with the fan off. The temps are fine 25c at the level of the cheese.

Hot air is a funny thing...
If you move it around to much it just gets hotter rather than getting exhausted out...

Cool intake down low with a small fan on low,pushing the warm air up into the exhaust fan and out of the cab...
Yeah,im a bare bulb Vert guy...lol

That sounds like a really good way to cut them at the fourth node to keep them short, I am definitely going to train them, I think I will tie the whole plants down at the soil level and let all the branches grow up as tops :)

Thank you and I hope I have fun too with them and I am sure I will, you keep having fun with yours too. No problem you stick about and enjoy its great to have you here :biggrin:

Your plants look amazing I just hope I can get mine like that, cool room too that gigantic pot is superb, what are the white pipes for budd, watering?

Training a whole plants around the rim is a PITA in my opinion..
I've tried a few times... Lateral branching messed me up every time..lol Just keep at it daily and you'll do great...

I use Kiddie pool that get flooded every 3 hour and yep,
the white pipes are for the watering/floods...

Good times,brother...

D.U.D.E...

Wu Wei

if you want a lot of top colas you should try lst" or "fim" the fuck out of them, i once hade a small plant that ended up with around... well i dont remember exactlly how many, but there were many, 20+ at least:dance013:

Here you have a link were ou can read more about it
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=115377&highlight=stress+training

Boom shiva and bless you bro

Yea that sounds good I have done a lot of research on LST, the method I am going to use is LST tying the whole plant down at the soil level. Wow 20 topps sounds like a monster plant... Thanks for the thread brother! Here is the thread that I seen the LST technique https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=115377 (amazing read)

Blessings brother, peace :ying:

Wu Wei

Hot air is a funny thing...
If you move it around to much it just gets hotter rather than getting exhausted out...

Cool intake down low with a small fan on low,pushing the warm air up into the exhaust fan and out of the cab...
Yeah,im a bare bulb Vert guy...lol

Training a whole plants around the rim is a PITA in my opinion..
I've tried a few times... Lateral branching messed me up every time..lol Just keep at it daily and you'll do great...

I use Kiddie pool that get flooded every 3 hour and yep,
the white pipes are for the watering/floods...

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=53006&pictureid=1237279&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Good times,brother...

D.U.D.E...[URL=http://i.imgur.com/CHJ44b9.gif]View Image[/URL]

That is the problem I think I do not have a exhaust fan or intake fan, but now I just leave the door open a bit and don't run the fan and the temps are perfect :) I might pop into the grow store on the way to work in the morning and have a look at the tents they have.

That is awesome I have read a lot on vert growing the yields are supposed to be better, your room looks great fair play.

Thank you for the great advice friend, I sure will keep on top off it as soon as the time is available to me! I am unsure of what PITA is sorry, could you please clarify?

That is cool I thought it was a pool, I bet it takes a lot of soil to fill that up? Awesome watering system, very creative :D how dose it flood do you use some kind of water pump?

Wu Wei

Hi guys just wondering if anyone here has any tips on re-potting, It has to be done asap they are really out growing their current pots, thanks. Peace :ying:

Well

Is it anything special you wonder about?
Outherwise its just to put them in a new pot and fill up with new soil :)

Yoooou can do it Nicky.. ;)

Bless up brother

DamnUglyDogE

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is the problem I think I do not have a exhaust fan or intake fan, but now I just leave the door open a bit and don't run the fan and the temps are perfect :) I might pop into the grow store on the way to work in the morning and have a look at the tents they have.

That is awesome I have read a lot on vert growing the yields are supposed to be better, your room looks great fair play.

Thank you for the great advice friend, I sure will keep on top off it as soon as the time is available to me! I am unsure of what PITA is sorry, could you please clarify?

That is cool I thought it was a pool, I bet it takes a lot of soil to fill that up? Awesome watering system, very creative :D how dose it flood do you use some kind of water pump?

Thanks bro, I've really enjoyed Vert grows myself.
PITA Stands for : Pain In The Ass. :biggrin:

I use Turface, which is clay, in the pools and it takes
30-40 gallons of medium to fill.
Looking to go living soil at some point but I have some
more learning to do 1st. Lol

The floods are done with 2 x 300 gph pumps ...

Really is a simple,cheap,effective system. .lol
Yields great to boot. .Solid!

Just got to find what works for you and dial, dial, dial is the name of the game.

Latest posts

Latest posts