What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

30 years of OG, Drop your best pictures vvv

ChemDogLover

Legend OG, 44 days
IMG_2269.jpeg

acespicoli

OG Kush South Florida
»»» Unknown Strain Unknown Strain: Emerald Triangle (aka Trinity) x Hindu Kush Neville (aka NL2)
Emerald Triangle Trinity Kush
This short, stout plant produces well in small spaces. The single cola growth pattern makes it a good choice for sea of green and vertical grow systems.

Due to its large fan leaves, the canopy closes quickly and should be kept short, with plenty of room underneath for air to move. This allows the plant to focus its energy on development of the terminal colas.

Longtime smokers will delight at the old-school taste of this cannabis. Earthy and sweet, with hashy overtones on the exhale.
A clear-headed, happy high develops into a mellow contentment. A great all-around weed, with the flavor and high that will leave you smiling. Experience a timeless classic!

Genetics: '76 Afghan x Master Kush (Hindu Kush x Skunk #1)

1704329899024.png

Lost Coast OG Picture from: grinspoon

ChemDogLover

hi,is good pawerful hit?taste? whi have one cross of it whit 3 chems,good test
Just harvested the top half of the plant on day 58. The bottom half needs another 2 weeks.

The high is strong. Has a smooth earthy taste. I got off work today and ripped through a big bowl. Five mins later I didn’t feel much so I loaded a second bowl. Woke up after a 2 hour nap to a half of the second bowl still sitting there :p

I am growing her again along side Chemdog 91, AJ Sour Diesel and Karma Sour Diesel.

acespicoli

Took me three tries to reverse this damn thing, PK doesn't want to produce and accept its pollen it seems. I wonder why are these OGs so hard to reverse..
View attachment 18946934
semi sterile is a chromosome compatibility issue

timing and excess also grinding and cutting with flour may help
One thing that may be gleaned is the pollen germ tube under microscopic inspection
is it sterile mutated or viable pollen, thats the question?

Ideally you would want to capture rev male pollen early,,, then there is longevity
if the rev female goes off long before the female donor cut

but dusting every few days for 2 weeks would give good coverage at onset.
is the cut the donor and receiver same or different s1's
that would maybe yield 2n and 3n on progeny ?

~~~
Number of male flowers and pollen viability

The male flowers in anthesis (open petals and mature anthers) were collected weekly and were counted by plant. The pollen of each male flower was extracted by vibration and deposited on a slide fixed with a drop of tetrazolium salt. After 30 seconds, the pollen grains were observed in a microscope under a 10X objective, and 200 grains were counted. Subsequently, their viability status was determined; those that presented a reddish coloration were considered viable, and those without coloration, non-viable.

Last edited:

elanius

Veteran
semi sterile is a chromosome compatibility issue

timing and excess also grinding and cutting with flour may help
One thing that may be gleaned is the pollen germ tube under microscopic inspection
is it sterile mutated or viable pollen, thats the question?

Ideally you would want to capture rev male pollen early,,, then there is longevity
if the rev female goes off long before the female donor cut

but dusting every few days for 2 weeks would give good coverage at onset.
is the cut the donor and receiver same or different s1's
that would maybe yield 2n and 3n on progeny ?

~~~
Number of male flowers and pollen viability

The male flowers in anthesis (open petals and mature anthers) were collected weekly and were counted by plant. The pollen of each male flower was extracted by vibration and deposited on a slide fixed with a drop of tetrazolium salt. After 30 seconds, the pollen grains were observed in a microscope under a 10X objective, and 200 grains were counted. Subsequently, their viability status was determined; those that presented a reddish coloration were considered viable, and those without coloration, non-viable.
Great info, thanks

Didnt check under microscope, but I did everything else you mentioned.
I had to spray with different concentrations of STS two PK cuts, one of them gave more pollen, but I still had to dry the male flowers, grind and sift the pollen to hand pollinate another PK clone.
Also dusted the reversed PK, once it started growing flower again, it made some seeds as well, but not as big as the fem PK.

acespicoli

Crippy Original OG Kush​

((Hawaiian Webbed Leaf Indica x (Pakistani x Highland Thai)) = Crippy
Extremely potent; can be too strong for some

Crippy has been in our stable for over a decade. This is the original, real deal pre OG Kush clone from 1986. This cut was originally bred and grown on the island of Kauai. Selected from a 500 seed pheno hunt. Rumor has it that it made its way from Hawaii to Florida via surfers in the late 80's. It pre-dates Triangle Kush and often is confused as a slang term for good herb, used in Hawaii as "Da Crip" and in Florida as "Crippy Weed." Some older Hawaiians and Floridians know of this legend, and its correct name.

Crippy OG Kush

The legendary Crippy cut; one of our strongest strains

History​

It was recently announced on the Adam Dunn Show The Origins of OG Kush by Matt "Bubba" Barger that he started his OG Kush from a Crippy bag seed. The debate on whether Crippy, Triangle Kush, Ghost OG, or Florida Kush are the same cuts, or which came first, will continue. I can promise you that the cut 808 Genetics has in the stable is the original gassy herb and has tested up to 7% total terpenes.

Crippy

Crippy grown in living soil under the Hawaiian sun
The name comes from the effects of this amazing strain. It has a strong initial cerebral effect that will cut through just about any strain, followed by an intense creeper effect that will leave you heavily medicated. This is one of those strains that rivals the potency of concentrates, not in test result numbers, but in effects.

Crippy OG Kush PRE-86

Note: Contains Hawaiian Webbed Leaf Indica AKA Duck Foot

Quick Facts​

Hours of Relief: 3.5+ hours
Effects: Extremely strong, Indica
Good For: Anxiety, pain relief, best strain for PTSD, relaxation, insomnia, appetite stimulation
Flower Characteristics: Gas, Gas, and GAS with a light piney and earthy aroma
Plant Characteristics: Moderate veg, high bract to leaf ratio, exotic, viny, thin branches, needs plenty of support, smaller flowers, highest testing OG terpenes, greasy, moderately yielding
Best For: Indoor or greenhouse, experienced growers
Flowering Time: 10-12 weeks, 13 weeks if you're dialed i

acespicoli

Kauai Electric​

Top secret island genetics

Kauai Electric was bred on the North Shore of Kauai and grown exclusively by one grower called "Jonesy." It's a fast flowering strain with an amazing sativa head rush. A terpene profile of lemon-lime Sprite with that old-school skunk backend, and tropical hints of guava and passionfruit.

Kauai Electric

The highly coveted and loved Kauai Electric

It was only grown along Powerline Trail, directly above my childhood home, until the early 90s. After hurricane Iniki, the breeder passed a few cuts of this legend to some local growers, my dad being one of them, as "Jonesy's" house was destroyed and he ended up moving to Maui for a short period of time.

Why Is It Called Kauai Electric?​

It was grown under the Kauai Electric Company power lines, and with its electrical-type effect, it was the perfect name.

Quick Facts​

Hours of Relief: 3+ hours
Effects: Moderately Strong
Good For: Motivation, Creativity, Productivity, Depression
Flower Characteristics: Lemon-lime Sprite skunky passionfruit guava aroma and taste
Plant Characteristics: Quick veg, large internode spacing, large yielding
Best For: Outdoor
Flowering Time: 14 weeks

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Kauai Electric​

Top secret island genetics

Kauai Electric was bred on the North Shore of Kauai and grown exclusively by one grower called "Jonesy." It's a fast flowering strain with an amazing sativa head rush. A terpene profile of lemon-lime Sprite with that old-school skunk backend, and tropical hints of guava and passionfruit.

Kauai Electric

The highly coveted and loved Kauai Electric

It was only grown along Powerline Trail, directly above my childhood home, until the early 90s. After hurricane Iniki, the breeder passed a few cuts of this legend to some local growers, my dad being one of them, as "Jonesy's" house was destroyed and he ended up moving to Maui for a short period of time.

Why Is It Called Kauai Electric?​

It was grown under the Kauai Electric Company power lines, and with its electrical-type effect, it was the perfect name.

Quick Facts​

Hours of Relief: 3+ hours
Effects: Moderately Strong
Good For: Motivation, Creativity, Productivity, Depression
Flower Characteristics: Lemon-lime Sprite skunky passionfruit guava aroma and taste
Plant Characteristics: Quick veg, large internode spacing, large yielding
Best For: Outdoor
Flowering Time: 14 weeks
There aren't a lot of strains that have such distinct trichome production along the margin of flower bracts and leaves. Similar look to Deep Chunk, except for its a different profile and much longer flowering time.

Wonder what the genetic origin is? Deep Chunk is unknown origin, and was from a batch of seeded cannabis that was shipped in.

acespicoli

There aren't a lot of strains that have such distinct trichome production along the margin of flower bracts and leaves. Similar look to Deep Chunk, except for its a different profile and much longer flowering time.

Wonder what the genetic origin is? Deep Chunk is unknown origin, and was from a batch of seeded cannabis that was shipped in.
Korean ask Tom and see what he says, last I heard that was the story about the real origin 🤷‍♂️
In the description it says skunk... Korean Skunk ? always wondered about that one ...
Soma used that in atleast one strain who kows other one made me wonder was Romulan Korean
Who knows...

Tom Hills Deep Chunk Description​

Logo Tom Hill Tom Hill Deep Chunk
This unique broadleaf from Afghanistan was introduced to Northern California in the latter part of the 1970's. A fast flowering plant with thick stems, short internodes, and excellent resin production of the highest quality. The smoke is thick and full-bodied. Flavors range from skunk to Hashy pine, from grapefruit, to chocolate, to coffee.

Deep Chunk breeds true for many traits and has earned a solid reputation as a valuable tool in many breeding programs.

Type: Pure Indica
Flowering Indoor: 56 days
Harvestin Outdoor: September
Yield: low-average

acespicoli

Have heard that Hawaii had no native strains,
Also heard duckfoot is native to Australia and Hawaii
BOEL dropped a bunch of Colombian seeds there while Jimi Hendrix was there
Also possibly some Thai genetics passed thru during that smuggling of the sticks
1708825598812.png

elanius

Veteran
He!
What made the third time work?
I need to do some reverse testing soon and I'm looking for some advice.
Best regards Befa

Less concentrated STS solution worked better, but you have to test it for the specific cut. Make two or three clones to reverse, spray one with normal solution and next clones each with weaker one, you should get some pollen that way.

Latest posts

Latest posts