What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2x400 Vert OGiesel/Coastal Collision

Sovereign

I set by albums to public if that don't do it maybe sometime will clue be in I really have no idea...I can see then?

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
It may just be an optical illusion, but your plants look kinda far away from the lights. Especially if they are 400's. The plants to look great though. Do you have any white paint? That would prolly be the cheapest option for reflective material. Help bounce some of that light back onto the plants. That way the whole room will be a reflector instead of just the white poly behind the plants. I would even paint the floor white. Where are you pulling your fresh air in from? The spaces in between the boards on the floor? Is that the ground directly under the floor? With it being passive air intake, you wanna have double the area of fresh air inlet, that your extraction fan size is.

How big is the room? With what you have for lights, a 4x4 area would be 50w/psf. That would give you the best results. You said you dropped the bulbs, but haven't started flowering? Usually the bulb/bulbs are kept just above the tips of the plants until flowering has been going for at least a week. Not trying to tell you how to run your grow, just trying to give you some helpful pointers. The first time I did a vert grow, the vert guys helped me so much. Took their advice and had some successful first vert grows.

Last edited:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Interesting grow, i'll watch and see..

the tomato cage modification is interesting, I like it..

EDIT: you do need to wash the prefilter though.

Sovereign

Lol...yeah that thing is bad the prefilter...hey dubtrip yeah good advice...I'm a little limited on what I can do at the moment. ..my intake is the air in the basement...its an older foundation basement no windows. .exhaust goes out the dryer vent..my I take is enough volume...just warm air..hence the distance from the lights..at that distance in still at 86 degrees last night..surface temp on plants..exhaust filter 84...ambient air temp incoming is 76..thanks guys keep checking on us..we just getting started got a ways to go...

Miraculous Meds

dtog dropping some good knowledge. I get my veg plants within 6" of 400's no prob. U might want to try moving one close to see how she does, cause mine explode when I get them close.

Sovereign

Hey guys went down and raised the lights up try and get then to stretch and fill those cages..your right they were a little low but I swear those plants were smaller when I took my bulbs out of their hoods and dropped them down vertical..got the plants closer too..temps were 88 89.. Hope they hang in there we'll see if they start looking stressed I can move them back..the entire basement/home this is in is very far from ideal..this grow is mostly just to keep something going until I can get into a better situation..

Sovereign

New pictures

New pictures

i took the advice and i think we doing just as well..temps are 86. No worse than when they were farther away so that's good...but it's 86...I'm not thrilled about that hope they stay there...i wish i could just leave the fucking basement door open and suck down the nice cool ac air from the main floor...fucking cats..:kitty:

The clones...Sovereign Queen is in charge of those..I'm pretty well hands off..it's her first time cloning..using the KISS method..2 have started rooting

picture.php

Shots real quick from around the room...got them closer..got the lights up...which actually is probably helping heat a little..i had 2 mh bulbs that took a shit on me one after the other like a week in..sum of a bitch...oh well waddya do? Just add those to the list right after worm castings and a handful of other things...it never stops...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I turn off the light next time fellas sorry bout that..
Got some tea going now..probably water that in next watering..kinda boring right now just hurry up and wait..Sovereign Queen wanted to start flowering yesterday...and wants to harvest tomorrow..don't we all though..this is also get first real hands on grow..we fucked around and did a horizontal same gear but plagued by spider mites and then too cold temps..plus a hurry up it's give nodes flower then bitches veg time...hopefully we do a little better this go around.

Sovereign

i was going to until they both took a shit in me..i had my hoods on and lights horizontal last round...right before i took my hoods off they both died..just vegging with what we had handy..but yeah i was going to..

Miraculous Meds

Just a heads up, I haven't found a mh rated for open running. there supposed to be in a enclosed fixture cause when they break sometimes they explode and throw molten material around causing a fire real easy. My friend almost lost his house. I was just talking with chunky pigs about this cause he runs mh vert, and his solution was to have a sprinkler set up just in case.

Me personally, I chose to veg and flower with hps so I can do vert with both. It works well. I wouldn't do mh vert unless I had concrete floors.

Sovereign

thanks i understand..and your right i just sometimes can be described as stupid...i knew what you were saying just chose to face the danger so to speak..but maybe it was a blessing they went bad..i explained the danger to SQ when we were setting up..i just like my mh..bit yeah you are right..maybe the hps will encourage them to stretch a little and fill those cages? i do have concrete floors just kindling laid on top

:biggrin:

i do appreciate start your saying and took the moment to remind SQ about that potential danger..should we ever replace them..it would be awesome to seriously have some cool tubes always wanted some...i have a pair of sealed hoods..somewhere..:dunno:
i even used them once! :Bolt:

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
stick around u be the judge and tell me what you think...should have some pics to compare eventually..:tiphat:

Certainly don't mean to rush you. Just curious what yours looked like. I don't see many folk run this strain.
No judging here.
:tiphat:

Sovereign

Certainly don't mean to rush you. Just curious what yours looked like. I don't see many folk run this strain.
No judging here.
:tiphat:

Oh no didn't take it that way at all...simply inviting you to follow along and see...how far along are those? Kinda hard to say...I got my original seeds from a good member here...10 selfed and made my own female seeds from one of my females...kinda mad I didn't make more or is the males...this would of been circa 2007ish? Maybe 06? Fuck hard to remember...the guy has moved on i looked him up when I registered this account....hope he fine..in any event...they are ok...nothing super duper imo however SQ and literally everyone but me thinks its "fire" this and that...I may be immune to it...been on it hard for years lol...I've run other stuff before and during this time but its always been the majority of the plants in my room....since I came back to the midwest...before I came back i had some master kush, ak48, ppp, satori, hashberry, and a few others maybe..maybe I can find a picture of some front a prior grow? If I do i will throw them up...