What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250w Freezer grow THaze x Skunk

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
T-Minus 36:07:44:12 and counting ...

Today's lesson: Too "Dialed In," bad.

After a month of being "Dialed In" I found myself with a yellowing garden with curly black tipped leaves. I thought, with EC and pH flatlined and steady, my plants were happy. Heh. Running an EC of 0.8 I ruled out nute burn.

Last week I upped the EC to 1.4 and bumped the pH to 6.2. This week, pH was 5.5 and EC was 1.9. Two gallons of straight tap water brought it to pH 6.2 and EC 1.6. Almost where I started. As a result, yellowing leaves have stopped, things are a richer green in general and I've seen a growth spurt as well. I'll tweak the method a bit but, from here out, I'm going to run a planned swing.

Shot one is the present canopy. The tallest cola is the one I topped. All I did was piss it off. The plant laughed at super cropping. I tied them down but, it was too much, the stem was pinched rather than curled and ... I SMOKED EM'! Is THAT what you wanted to hear? Are you HAPPY now? I SMOKED EM'! ... ahem ... sorry, where we're we?

Shot two is one of many "Pigtails". Most of my individual buds are spherical yet, note those along the top of the stem. They've become mini colas of their own. None of the tips turned up towards the light. They all just kept growng in a circle, hence the name.

Shot three is just a sparklie shot. Nothing special yet but, I still have at least a month to go.

Shot four is my top cola. I forgot to put in a scale object but, you can see a thumb tip in the corner. All told, it's about a foot long. There's about 7 inches showing.

Last edited:
D

Don Cotyle

Yep,ahha,yea,you knows it, just what I wanted to hear, ya smoked her......
WEEdogies!!!

Wilma is looking great, at least the scrog sower her down a little ;)

B

Bigtimer7

GREAT JOB!!!

I love the setup buddy!

That scrog is wonderful my man!!! KEEP IT UP BUDDY

I love it man I sure love when A 250er can so boys how to do it up! :)

MrMcBean

very nice plant there.. thats gonna be some load from 1 plant.

i just sprouted some thaihaze x skunk today! I hope mine can compare in the end ><!

~peace

Green Dave

Freezer boy
Nice Garden and great thread
I have some Thitanic seeds and was going to start 4-5 of them BUT
After seeing this I think I will start only 2-3 and hope for 1 female
Wow if Betty had stayed at the party you would have had your hands full
Great Grow
Green Dave

untamed

awesome dude.. how many days did you veg them under the HPS before flipping to 12/12? sorry if i've missed it somewhere in the thread

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Don Cotyle said:
Yep,ahha,yea,you knows it, just what I wanted to hear, ya smoked her......
WEEdogies!!!

Wilma is looking great, at least the scrog sower her down a little ;)
I now think I should've left her under another 2-4 weeks. But, when you consider this is my first DWC AND my first ScROG AND that I'd planned on a 10 week flowering SilverHaze that never hatched ... Between the screen, cold temps, you and Wayne bustin' my ass to 12/12 asap, Clowntowns advice to lower nutes, others I'm sure I've forgotten, I think we did ok. And I don't mean the royal "We". Couldn't have done this without you. I love you guys and I don't even want your beer.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Hey NZ, BigTimer, glad you're enjoying the show.

McBean, I don't have any shots of my old garden. Trust me, it was sad and puny. And then I came here. This was a class effort. If they could do it for me, we can do it for you.

GreenDave, Welcome aboard. Pulling Betty was hard enough as a baby. I don't even want to think about choosing between them after realising I had no space.

Untamed, Veg was 12 days. I was going to wait for side growth to provide clone material. Fortunately, I listened to Don and Wayne and stopped waiting. Some 3 weeks into flower, there was side growth enough to take cuttings which successfully rooted. Now I have two moms and I have one of their clones rooted and under 12/12 for a few weeks now (12/12 @ day 4). I'd have started at the 60 days and counting mark but, there seem to be no guaranties that 120 days of flower is enough.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
T-Minus 32:13:29:04 and counting ...

First there were SPARKLIES.

Then, there were STINKIES!

This Summer, GET READY FOR ...
The STICKIES!

Stickies! I got STICKIES!

Since switching from dialed in to a planned EC/pH swing, Dead Leaf Patrol is a thing of the past. However, growth has dictated additional Pigtailing. And, What should I find on my hands when I'm done? That mild sensation of spray glue. :jump:

I need to practice with my RadioShack microscope. Up to now all trichs seemed clear to me. Today I saw 3-4 amber and I still don't see anything cloudy.

This time I remembered to include a scale object in the Cola shot. Left pic left cola is the "bottom" the lowest shoot. Right pic right cola is the top

Last edited:
F

FishHead

Nice

Nice

Love your thread. Great pics. Looks like your going to have some quality buds. I'm going to keep an eye on it as we are of the same situation (250watt fridgers). I was thinking about your fan questions and thoughts. I would keep the bigger fan in there and by a duct muffler if you want to keep your stealth. The bigger fan is better for your plants. Check this link out to see a muffler. http://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=DM610
I love this company, if your in the USA I recommend it. When I upgrade someday, I will get a bigger fan, one of these mufflers, a carbon scrubber and a HEPA filter for the intake. I also want to wire up an external ballast.

Fish

Last edited:

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Hey Fish :wave:

Beyond the fact they're a #$%^* to cut, I wonder that we don't see more of these.

I've got a muffler. And a speed controller. And a fan isolation box .... When this grow is done, I'll experiment with a new axial. The old one ran virtually non-stop for 14 years. I wouldn't be surprised if it had slowed down. Plus, it ran with a single intake. I've since added a second. If that doesn't do it, I may take a gamble on the Panasonic Whisferfan.

I've been day dreaming of a custom res. My first DWC, much of it was cobbled on the fly. The tub is 18 gallons and 17.5" tall. A custom fit could get 18 gallons in 8 inches if I'm willing to cut new air intakes ... OK scratch that. Still, leaving the intakes open, I could probably come close enough in 10". Swap the old hood for a cool tube, save another 4-6 inches. What can I say? I'm feeling cramped.

F

FishHead

fridgers unite!

fridgers unite!

Did'nt know you had a muffler, sorry. I dont know why we dont see more like us. It would seem a fridge could give personal growers all the stealth they could want and more than enough bud. I wish mine was bigger though, one of those with double doors. One side could be a mother ship and a place to start clones and the other side a flowering chamber. Seems that would be all a guy like me would need. I hear you on the cutting aspect, major pain in the rear. These old fridges are heavy duty with VERY thick metal. Had to use alot of brute force in getting my holes right.

Fish

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
35769IC_4-05-8-Canopy.jpg

i am very impressed with your scrogging abilities. I was for certain that you were gonna be burning buds... you proved me otherwise...

32 days left seems about right from what I can see...

good job :headbange

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Thanx Wayne,

They say god protects fools and drunks. I don't drink so ...

D

Don Cotyle

OOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOO!!! I just got some Freebies of Sam the Skunkmans Original Haze x Skunk #1........I guess we'll call em Hunk BWWWAHAHAHA!!!

So the stickies have started eh...

:headbange

Just read your wisper air pump ain't so quiet, hang that puppy off a piece of bungie cord and she'll quiet right down! If not your air stones are useing your tubbler as a sound board. I always GorillaGlue mine down.

Last edited:

twistedtree

Man, what a nice...uh....fridge?:biglaugh: That's a great idea. Now everytime I see a fridge at the store I'm gonna have a big smile and a twinkle in my eye....and no one will know what the hell I'm twinkling about!

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Don Cotyle said:
OOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOO!!! I just got some Freebies of Sam the Skunkmans Original Haze x Skunk #1........I guess we'll call em Hunk BWWWAHAHAHA!!!

So the stickies have started eh...

Any idea of the diff between Hunk and Thunk? Thanks fer the pic, gives me something to compare to.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
DAMN Freezer your plants look beautiful hope you get a gram a watt that would be an awesome accomplishment.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
twistedtree said:
Man, what a nice...uh....fridge?:biglaugh: That's a great idea. Now everytime I see a fridge at the store I'm gonna have a big smile and a twinkle in my eye....and no one will know what the hell I'm twinkling about!

Thanks for stopping in :wave:

I'm surprised there aren't more of these. If for no other reason than the lock is built in as required by law. When my cooling system was under control it was so stealth it may as well have been invisible. 15 years in plain sight and not ONCE has anyone asked what it is or if they can look inside.

Latest posts

Latest posts