76.6 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC02433.jpg
    DSC02433.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC02444.jpg
    DSC02444.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 9

kingC

LOL...just popped in...was waitin for BOGs release, but got bored so stopped in here...NICE SETUP PK.... hope everything works out for ya!:joint: got me drooling...

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Nice! Clean setup, I like your style. You'll love Serious AK, I have a cut going on 11 years old from the time the seed was popped, makes some super tasty full melt bubble, my buddy who loves BHO thinks the bubble I make from it is as good or better than his beloved butane honey oil! :)

Peace... :wave:

ynot-llat

Hey PK great work man! Nice clean setup.

PK, perhaps you can offer me some knowledge. I'm building a setup based off blazeoneup's article.

I'm having a very hard time drilling the return hole in the buckets.
I keep getting a small leak from the hole i cut. I'm using an e/f overflow fitting with rubber washers inside as a drain. The hole saw bit is 1 1/8th an inch.
I've ruined about 4 buckets now.

Plus, its hard to hold the bucket still while drilling the hole, as the drill kind of goes all over the place until you get a nice groove into the bucket for the drill to sit on. What is your technique?

Also, was setting up the r/o water difficult? How does it work, does it just automatically fill a bucket up with r/o water as its powered on?

Thanks and your advice is greatly appreciated.

Keep up the good work!

Yo PK!! I just read your entire thread! I love your work,your room looks great, i think this will be an amazing run, i look forward to the end results! Do you have a separate Veg room?
Much props on the progress so far!!

Pretty impressive, PK. I'm quite surprised that you're happy w/ the eco 8 outlet pumps. I was thoroughly unimpressed with them. Once you go commercial air pump you don't go back ;)

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Exciting NEWS:

I won 2 packs of B.O.G.S sourbubble a bit ago!!!!!!! Beans will be popped ASAP and my patients are going to be some happy medicated folks. Cannot wait to run through all my seeds and find my keepers. Here is what my mom list is gogin to be looking like :)

B.O.G.-Sour Bubble
Serious Seeds-ak-47
Chimera-Mental Floss
Chimera-Schnazzleberry #2
BCseed-White Lightning
Nirvana-Pure Power Plant

Marlo-right on grab a seat!

Budgood-I have always wanted the SS ak-47, I have high hopes :) Glad to hear shes a keeper

ynot-llat-That sucks man, I have never ruined one or had any major issues. Put the bucket in between your feet when you drill LOL My technique is hold bucket with feet and drill that beast. RO isn't hard to setup, there is no power. A "saddle back" valve pierces and attachs to your deisred copper waterline. It has a valve that opens and closes, water on/off. You drill another hole in a drain pipe and place your RO systems waste water line. Run your fresh RO waterline to a reservoir and add a float.

Wiskey-thanks :)

Lacy-Thanks alot, no veg room as of now to feed this system. I do have soil clones going, backing up the seedlings that are in flower. Going through the mom search process. I will bubble clone some ladies in advance and get some nice long roots, next run will be faster. After this run, I will be building a veg room. A 3x3 flood table under 1000w MH with the table lid with (24) 5.5 inch netpot holes lol....how perfect. So eventually this will be constantly flowering.

Two12s-Its something I have been looking into. You use the ecoplus piston pumps, or something else? Been reading about the pondmasters. Def interested in pumping max air.

bro.. I wont say where to get them; if you're resourceful, you'll find them... but think about this:

eco 8 is what.. 60 bucks at least, right? and 20 liters per minute output.

you have 3. thats 180 dollars for 60 liters.

for 180, counting shipping, you can get a 300 liter per minute commercial air pump, designed for the droskies....

food for thought

oh, and ss ak47.. more like SS SKS... (if you know anything bout guns... lol)

its rather blase to a true connoisseur. it was my first ever strain. god man that took me down memory lane for a second. no looking back now... aint dead yet... lol..

what I think you will find is acceptable, yet not earth shattering yields.. and the same in buzz, taste, etc.. all across the board..

but we all have different taste, right? perhaps your experience will be better. and, my experience was...years ago... so... its possible it has evolved in some regard since, even if unmarketed as such.

i dont use ecoplus, to answer your question. just look for "commercial air pumps"... active aqua makes some decent ones...

sorry if i missed it, what type of air stone or diffuser are you rockin over there

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.hydrofarm.com/pb_detail.php?itemid=7645#

Nice, I have seen them but never really compared them, you are right. How loud are they? Making some noise is no issue but I can't go overboard with it. I would purchase 2 of these with the 12 outlet and have 220L, would be a sweet upgrade, thanks :) I will wait till after this harvest, the girlfriend gets jealous when I get new toys lol

what do you suggest for earth shattering yields while keeping good quality? I do like a good yeilder, but most importantly my patients need to have good quality medicine. I am looking forward to mental floss and sour bubble :)

B

Big V

Plants are lookin strong PK. Do me a favor and stop by my grow diary. I have some KO with purple stems I'd like some input on if you have a quick second.

this is a very good pump at a fair price. They do generate some noise, however it's mostly from vibration, so this can be dampened fairly easily; many dro stores even sell a little felt-like square piece to go under the pump designed for this purpose. So noise is notably more than eco 8 (yes I have used it in the past hence the grounds for me having an opinion on them, in fact I still have it collecting dust as this is typed). One thing to consider is they make outlet dividers for up to 40 outlets! I would NOT recommend teeing them off as I feel this is too detrimental to air flow, however, with your set up even if you had just ONE of those pumps you linked, with a 24 outlet divider, your air output just doubled. and with the 300L per min that can be had for the price of 3x eco8s... it would go up 500%.. and after all, the name of the game with DWC is dissolved oxegyn.

I will wait till after this harvest, the girlfriend gets jealous when I get new toys lol
:biglaugh: bro you are NOT ALONE. please believe it. rofl. mine has me feelin like :1help: so I keep her in the dark. need to know basis anyways, right? after all, this: :dueling:gets old real quick. when all most of us want is to feel: :rasta: but I digress, sometimes I get :off2:

sorry, I cant help myself sometimes lol.

well man, best yielder I've run lately is my buddy's trainwreck x jack the ripper cross. he found some boss yielders from a JTR bean pack, too. personally I love the yield on headband, sour d, straw d, ssh.. but they're all sativas, so its a juggling act between yield and flo time. I got a power pant cut from BPG a few years back that was the best yielder I've seen to date, finished in 60 days. see, so the thing about strain selection, is there are so many factors, ya know? I'm a sativa man myself. I have fairly limited experience with indicas, but I was able to get sr71's purp kush to yield pretty well when dialed in.. of course, its a hybrid for sure, and I like to let it go 65-70 days, so you're really not saving any time vs a better yielding sat there, but for purposes of pain and stress relief..

now my same buddy that bred wreck x jtr runs sour bubble, and while the quality is very very impressive, the yield is laughable relative to the other strains you're running. I cant speak on mental floss directly, but I HAVE run some dj blues which MF is a cross of.. and while the quality is good (not write home to mom good, but above average) the yield is less than average..

I have SEEN friends get great yields out of Satori and Calizahr, but never personally ran either. quality on both was above average.

man I apologize for such a long winded response. its been year(s) since ive been active on these boards, and as you can see, they dont let me out much. or hold sharp objects. :bashhead:

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
two12s- You will see two of those pumps in my garden in late november :) You cannot even hear my air pumps one bit in there as it is right now, total of 8 fans on full blast. Yeild wise everything I have ran has been close to the same, some better than others just enough to throw the lower one out. I avg 4+ per plant and if I could find something that does 6 I would be excited. I am an indica man myself, I want to smoke it, not feel my legs, and get lost in the couch cushions like a remote. Mental floss is supposed to be pretty decent, I have read every thing on it that is available. But like you say its not the best, but has good medcinal properties and is supposed to be the best hybrid out. Sour bubble is for the flavor, quality, and the for the sake of having such a wonderful plant.

Edit: Also, I have a clone of Agnet Orange to try out on its way :) One for the stash box.

Big V I stopped by, check your thread :) Hope I helped

L-Immortal

PK I can most definitely appreciate the cleanliness and the attention to detail in that room of yours. Your plants look like they are on vacation at club med and don’t want to leave. I'll be keeping tabs on this thread as I’m sure it’ll be worth it :smoke:

Latest posts

Latest posts