What's new

24 Bucket RDWC 4000 watt by PK

Sharksbreath is .... Great White Shark x Jamaican Lambsbread

and BLZbud is ...... G13 x Super Silver Haze x Trainwreck
i just want a mum with a good phenotype that produces nice weed.

That isnt a healthy stretch ...its 80% indica lol, and has gone up to 5ft not 4 ..just couldnt spell 5-roopalled lmao.. would love to put S.Breath outside but to late this year and next will have no S.Breath mum , although saying that i have 2 seeds left ...hmmm maybe. but if it gets to 50ft lol im screwed.

anyway like getting new seeds i cant wait to see BLZ Bud flower lol, and i love SSH .was the first proper strain i ever grew.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
update:

Chiller is deemed inadequate for this amount of water. I did some reading on specs last night and I found my first chiller purchase to not be the best choice. If I had to do it all over again I would have not went that route at all. It is 1/4 by Viaaqua Model CC-25. 2 amps, capable of cooling 70 gallons -10F at a rate of 100-400gph. Boooooo! It kept my 12 bucket 2600 room nice and cool, never moved and barily ran. Kept res at 68 all day.

So it is being downgraded to a veg room chiller if I ever need it. I have owned it for like 3 years and ran it 2+. On Monday it is getting its R134a coolant refilled, who knows that might help, it only started with 4ounces of coolant. I did seperate the chiller on its own pump, an ecoplus 264 to get it within range and see if I got positive results, and I didn't. Who knows maybe my chiller just needs some coolant lol.

I orderd a new ecoplus 1/4hp, takes 633-1056gph, and cools 170gallons -10F and 100 gallons -30F. It runs on 5.4 amps, but hopefully it will run alot less. I can return the chiller, so if its not the shit I am sending it back and getting a 1/2hp ecoplus. If the coolant refill works on Monday I will stop shipment of the new one. But either way, shits getting solved. Water temps in DWC are nothing to mess with. For now everyone is nice and white and have aquashield going to work for them.

SS ak-47 seedlings are rocking out, wow can already tell its nothing but kickass genetics. Everyone is starting to show sex. So far 3 confirmed females and 1 male :)

B

Big V

Hey PK, Nice Garden Bro. I'm glad I got in on this grow before it really kicked off. Mind if I pull up a chair and stay for the show? :lurk:

Nice grow bro, i was wondering i want to do the same thing but only use 2k watts. should my set up be like this?

[Light] [Light]
O O O O O O
O O O O O O

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Big V- Thanks for stopping in and grabbing a seat, I don't mind at all glad to have you

newhiddengrower- I ran a 2k setup. I ran 3 rows of 4. Whatever works best for yoiu is fine, just keep it in a 8w x 4L footprint for the lights.Your idea is bad but depending on which way the bulb is facing i would be worried about not enough light reaching the end buckets. With 12 buckets 3 rows of 4 worked perfectly for 2k. Now I am on 4k and 16x4ft 3 rows of 8 which fits perfectly as well. I can measure my hoses for you in between buckets, I think its like 22" if you want some measurements for a starting point.

B

Big V

Hey, Pure Knowladge I wonder if I can pick your brain for a bit? I am new to DWC, just switched over from soil and I am finishing my first run. I saw earlier in the thread where you mentioned the conversion rate of the ppm meter and I had another guy ask me about it the other day. I sent an email to sunleaves and requested the conversion rate of the ppm pen I have and they told me it was

" #STD500 (TDS Essential Pen), it uses the NaCl conversion factor
which varies from .46 to .51 depending on the strength of the solution."

Now my question is, with this conversion rate, Knowing it will slightly very with every strain, where do I want my ppm's to be in peak flower? If I know this I can figure out the ppm for the rest of the grow cycle. If you could help educate me in this area I would greatly appreciate it.

I run the 1/4hp Echoplus on my 24 bucket RDWC.It runs alot but does a real good job of keeping everything cool. Just wondering what you paid I found one for $399

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Micky-I actually just finished the transaction for the 1/4 eco chiller. I paid $489, which compared to everywhere else I looked was a good price. Also through some floramite on the order to add to my arsenal should a problem ever arise. What size pump you running to that chiller? I have a 633 and a 1056 just wondering what size you are running. I wanted the 1/2hp chiller so it would not have to run as much, but I am going to see how this one does first. If it keeps the water temp where I want it I am good with it. Still waiting to get old one filled with r134a coolant, have a veg chiller now :) Something I was not planning on.

Big V- Sounds like basically you have a .5 conversion meter. Each strain will be differ like you already mentioned. Low 850ppm with a finicky strain, I run 950ppm during peak, which equals 1.9 EC. I have seen it go to 1100ppm, but thats to hot for me. 900 in my opinion is a great starting point for peak flower, thats about exactly what Lucas Formula comes out as. I use floranovabloom aka Lucas formula in a bottle. Was a great starting point for me to build off of.

My largest girls right now are just blowing the fug up, you should see what 6 days has done its amazing. Funny thing is they are STILL on 300-350ppm, my orginal clone solution. They have to be because I need to let the smallest plants in the system establish a root system and an appitite before I blast them. I just can't believe how lush and crazy they are going with 300ppm. I should get some pictures soon, 6 days in DWC is very productive, wait until I knock them up with more nutes. KA-Boom!

My base Big-v-

clone- 300ppm
veg stage 1- 450ppm
veg stage 2- 600ppm
Stretch week 1- 600ppm
Stretch week 2-3- 750ppm
Flower week 4-6- 950ppm
Flower week 7-8 750ppm
Flower week 9- Flush

Of course it all depends on plant size, health, and flower length. But this should gove you a good idea of what I am doing. Of course I don't stick to this exactly I gauge off whats going on, but a very good startong point for you.

B

Big V

Big V- Sounds like basically you have a .5 conversion meter. Each strain will be differ like you already mentioned. Low 850ppm with a finicky strain, I run 950ppm during peak, which equals 1.9 EC. I have seen it go to 1100ppm, but thats to hot for me. 900 in my opinion is a great starting point for peak flower, thats about exactly what Lucas Formula comes out as. I use floranovabloom aka Lucas formula in a bottle. Was a great starting point for me to build off of.

My largest girls right now are just blowing the fug up, you should see what 6 days has done its amazing. Funny thing is they are STILL on 300-350ppm, my orginal clone solution. They have to be because I need to let the smallest plants in the system establish a root system and an appitite before I blast them. I just can't believe how lush and crazy they are going with 300ppm. I should get some pictures soon, 6 days in DWC is very productive, wait until I knock them up with more nutes. KA-Boom!

My base Big-v-

clone- 300ppm
veg stage 1- 450ppm
veg stage 2- 600ppm
Stretch week 1- 600ppm
Stretch week 2-3- 750ppm
Flower week 4-6- 950ppm
Flower week 7-8 750ppm
Flower week 9- Flush

Of course it all depends on plant size, health, and flower length. But this should gove you a good idea of what I am doing. Of course I don't stick to this exactly I gauge off whats going on, but a very good startong point for you.

Right on, thats almost exactly what I have done. I am following the GH "keep it simple recirculating formula" from the feeding chart on thier website and then dilute the solution down to the ppm I want. I use R/O water so I add cal mag, In your opinion sould I add 5ml per gallon or 10 ml per gal of the cal-mag? In other words, what is a good base ppm to be at before I start adding nutes?

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Micky-If you are running 1.4 and never seeing any ph change/EC change, that is very good. By watching my PH I gauge if I am overfeeding or underfeeding. Sounds like you are dialed right in. Ever try pushing them a little bit though? Don't change what is working for you, but sometimes a little extra push doesn't hurt. Also thanks for the link, very cheap. I did get free shipping which helped out on the price. Basically I knew what my suppliers magazine MSRP was, and knew about how much mark up at the shop I would see. I saw under 500 and jumped lol.

Big V-I use RO water and cal-mag as well. I use 1/2 teaspoon per gallon and I have never seen any def, I use it just as a precautionary.

Got replacment digi cam computer download cord :) Will take the digi with me tonight and show you what 6 full days in DWC can do lol.

Q

Quality control

Micky-I actually just finished the transaction for the 1/4 eco chiller. I paid $489, which compared to everywhere else I looked was a good price. Also through some floramite on the order to add to my arsenal should a problem ever arise. What size pump you running to that chiller? I have a 633 and a 1056 just wondering what size you are running. I wanted the 1/2hp chiller so it would not have to run as much, but I am going to see how this one does first. If it keeps the water temp where I want it I am good with it. Still waiting to get old one filled with r134a coolant, have a veg chiller now :) Something I was not planning on.

My base Big-v-

clone- 300ppm
veg stage 1- 450ppm
veg stage 2- 600ppm
Stretch week 1- 600ppm
Stretch week 2-3- 750ppm
Flower week 4-6- 950ppm
Flower week 7-8 750ppm
Flower week 9- Flush

Thanks for this ppm guide here, im doing my first flood n drain set up.
Think i should go with your ppm guide here?
What is the ppm of your water before any nutes are added?

Great setup man, :lurk:

Q

Quality control

Tomorrow I am off to purchase a 8" inline fan. I am going to replace the 6" inline near the filter with this. I will then place the 6" booster fan in between lights 2 and 3. Where the 6" booster used to be is where I will place the 6" inline. Also I will be getting rid of 2-4 turns in the ducting to increase effciency. I will be throwing in another 4" inline intake to help get some cooler air in there. After this round I will upgrading intake to 2 6" inlines. This should give me a good drop in temps.

I see AC and co2 in my near future, maybe by srping.

Oh and was wondering if you got your temps sorted?
mine were getting out of control, had 1x 100mm cent exaust fan 1x 100mm standard inline for intake on a thermostat and 2 more 100mm ducts working on negitave pressure for intake, it was too hot with 3x 600 hps.
so got a 315mm cent exaust as well, still no change in temps.
bit the bullet and wacked 400mm of intake holes in the floor and problem solved.
once reading that intake should be 2x the size of exaust.

thought id share because i cant see any intakes in your pics and could solve your problem, i dont use cool tubes but im sure they still put out a ton of heat anyway.
Also, how many lights can you put inline on the cool tubes? well before it gets too hot for the fan and it melts?

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quality control- Thanks for stopping in :) I am not familiar with flood and drain, but I am pretty sure my numbers would be a good base to begin with for most hydro systems. The ppm of my water is 0-7ppm, average 4, got to love the RO! My temps are great, as you will see in my update here in a minute. I installed a 8" exhaust right off the carbon filter, a 6" duct booster in between lights 2 & 3, and installed 6" exhaust fan at end of run sucking. Temps are down to 78-80, but its cooling off outside everyday. I have to 4" intakes installed, total of 340cfm fresh air coming in. You can set your hand right on top of the cooltubes, not even warm to the touch. You can palm the underside right under bulb without burning yourself.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DWC is fast! Here is a comparison for you. These orginal 9 plants installed in the system have been on 300-350ppm their whole life, waiting for other sets of clones to be installed and establish themselves. The last set of 5 has roots down in the bucket so I just knocked them up to 500 tonight to give the big ladies a break and not harm the small ones. If the orginal 9 had normal veg nutes running when they should have they would be much larger.

Picture 1 is Day 3 VEG
Picture 2 is Day 17 VEG
Picture 3 is Day 23 VEG, look at the difference, on clone nutes...wtf...

Attachments

• SSPX0070.jpg
    SSPX0070.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 13
  • SSPX0120.jpg
    SSPX0120.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC02382.jpg
    DSC02382.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Latest posts