What's new

220w pl-l coco scrog cupboard

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Hi Cheese - good question.

Smoke Report - The Pure (TFD)

Well first, I should mention that even before this harvest, I was sick to death of the Pure. For a while there it got my vote as best smoke, but after growing it last time, and then again, it gets old. Also, any time I've obtained some elsewhere to smoke, it's been this same cut!! But grown worse. So yeah, ya get sick of the same strain all the time, no matter how good it is.

But it is good, very good smoke. After curing for however long it's been now (3 wks?), it's smelling great. A fairly generic dank smell, sort of Afghan-ish I guess. It's hard to really comment much on the smell and taste because I'm just so damn familiar with the Pure now. But basically everything is good in those departments. I commented there was no taste earlier but it has normal taste now. I may have been stoned at the time. :)

The high is the usual pleasant Pure high. Like I said, it got my vote as best smoke for a while. I have to say though, it's too couchlocky for my current life situation. I've had a lot of pressures and responsibilities lately and I like to be high for that sort of stuff but this just knocks me out too much. If I have something to do later that day, I try not to smoke that morning, or else it's couch, icmag, and a jolly good snooze for the rest of the day, lol.

The 3 week flush was just beautiful. I'll be doing that in future for hydro grows. It's easily the smoothest weed I've grown or even smoked. Anytime I get it elsewhere, I'm very lucky if it's even had a weeks flush. Sometimes a couple of days. Mine pees all over that stuff from several storys high :D

Just after I harvested mine I got to see a master ninja's Pure from the same cut grown outdoors and my biggest buds were the same size as the biggest outdoor buds. :yes:

picture.php
picture.php

Here is the PK. If it doesn't break the seed off by this afternoon I will have to operate. I'm jacked up on coffee and shaky at the best of times so I'm not looking forward to it.

DSCF3562.JPG

Should I just man up and rip it off?

Peace

you should mist it scrub. every little while until it comes loose. that will dissolve the sticky keeping it on. looks like a pest-resistant seedling, with those down pointing hairs. you can also use an eye dropper.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Thanks Unthing. I tried just now but it's stuck solid :/ I think I'll give it a mist with water and try again later.

Edit: :muahaha: I picked up my old PC to veg the PK in and I found a stash of 1.3 grams of hash :whee:

Last edited:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Leave it till tomorrow bro, if it's just popped today give it a another day for the membranes inside the shell dry out a bit more. I've always done irreparable damage if I try to take them off too early.

Peace.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Word, I agree dude. I gave it a mist and it seems to be doing it's thing slowly. It's great to be growing in my first cab again. :)

ScrubNinja

Veteran
If your "fish stuff" contains N rich proteins, you need bacteria (nitrosomonas) to make enzymes to break it apart and to oxidize NH4-> NO2-> to finally get NO3..

If the N is already available as an ion/salt in your solution, the plant won't need bacteria to use it. ;)

Hey man, I think I worked out where I was confused about this. NO3 is in urine right? So that particular form of "organic" nitrogen can get to the plant without microbial action, is that right?

Does this mean urine is an organic source of an inorganic element? Or how is that classified?

In case it's not obvious, I smoked some of that hash - it's over a year old and it rocked me to the core :whee:

Some carbon compounds are soluble scrub, and plant available. You got it exactly right.

Urine has some No3, but also CH4N2O (urea), which breaks down quickly into ammonia - NH3.

whether produced by a pooping protozoan, added as part of guano, or as miracle grow, it's essentially the same stuff. the question is how much, and controlled by what, and for some - along with what.

the process you are thinking of is called mineralization. N is pretty inert (it's name in many languages is "azote" - look that up) on its own, and your plant needs it mineralized, which requires much energy. your plant also needs mineralized C. we call this CO2. and yes, it dissolves in water (as carbonic acid). your choice - will I mineralize N at home (in the soil), or abroad? Once you make this choice, you just need to decide your inputs and technique.

superpedro

Veteran
Hey Scrubs. Full steam ahead down under!! :)

Urine contains N in the form of urea, it can be broken down into NH4 by the enzymes from nitrosomonas.
Plants can use both NO3 and NH4 as source for N, though NH4 only in small amounts.
All nutrients can be used the plant without microbes, though microbes like the mycorrhizae does help the uptake in soil, it does so by simply making the "surface of the roots" larger with big effect on especially P and Zn uptake.
Some hydro setups use hydrogen peroxide and is completely microbe free.
NO2 is bad BTW.

As soon as your N is released from the carbon, it is no longer an organic element, it's an ion - the only thing plants will feed on. Many clean salts I use is made from organic sources.

I can taste a little difference when I run bio filter on my hydro and when i don't. Plants cant store NH4 without converting it into amino acids. Since ammonia levels go nowhere but up between water change in normal hydro and is record low in bio, I suspect that is the main reason.

Cheers mate

oh yeah, look into amine groups to clarify the above, which is absolutely correct.

poop outside or poop inside. it's the same poop. if you wanted different poop, organic was a bad choice. anything would be, because there is no different poop. you can, however cultivate your own little poop loop. it's elegant.

organics means stop thinking chemistry, and start thinking biology. that's all. systems vs. soup.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Heya buddy thanks a lot for explaining!! I sort of understand, but that seems to contradict itself.

"All nutrients can be used the plant without microbes" confuses me and goes against my understanding (and what you told me earlier). "As soon as your N is released from the carbon, it is no longer an organic element, it's an ion - the only thing plants will feed on."

So how is the plant feeding on an organic fert like fish emulsion when it isn't ion form? The microbes are what transforms organic ferts to ionic type, no? I get your point about a hydro system being microbe free but they can do that because it's not organic nutes?

Thanks bro, I hope I don't sound argumentative, just trying to understand, lol. Maybe I read it wrong.

Anyway, here's some pics of 2 or 3 phenoes so it's not all science. :abduct:

DSCF3571.JPG
DSCF3570.JPG
DSCF3567a.JPG

STOP!!! Right there! Zoom that in a bit!

DSCF3567.JPG

Oh yeeeaah :smokey:

:smoweed:

Organic ferts usually contain soluble and non-soluble firms of N.

Organic growers focused on biology tend to take both into account.

Those focused on chemistry focus on soluble forms, and some even eliminate the non-soluble.

A real die-hard organic head might go as far as saying pedros system is no less organic than feeding poop in quantities high enough to feed the plant directly.

Do a wiki search on "solution". Dry NaCl is neatly and tightly arranged. It is opaque, hard, and does not conduct electricity (at least I don't think so). But drop it is water (itself not able to conduct electricity), and the Na seperates from Cl. It stops blocking light, conducts electricity, loses all hardness at room temperature, and I don't know what else. The Na and Cl are now free ions not connected to any one Na ion.

This isn't about C or no C. CO2 in water behaves the same way. The key is mineralized or not. Pedro adds mineralized N. You add mineralized N. Same difference. And if he is using safe sources, he has safe buds. Safe as can be.

If you want to see it through, it's time for living, organic soil. It will be a new pet, and more important than any one plant. If you just want to grow, but don't want to poison, why not do some responsible chemistry like Pedro?

superpedro

Veteran
Wauw! Great shots! Looks like you will be in for a nice harvest there..!

No problem scrubs, I like a good discussion :) My limited English vocabulary is challenged by your questions, please ask if some of my explanations doesn't make sense.
I think we both got it right ;) .
Real organic can't be called a "nutrient", since it's really only a nutrient source at that stage. Organic molecules contains carbon.
Many get that mixed up since it's often called organic nutes, if the salts in the solution comes from organic matter.

Yep - if the fish stuff doesn't effect the EC of your solution, it's all organic(like urea in itself-"(NH2)2CO" from urine), and it needs to be converted into nutes/ions by microbes.
The nutrient uptake of the plant works independent from the bacteria breaking down the matter, it just makes use of the ion waste from their work.

Keep up the good work

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Go bean go! I'm going to throw out some smack now. You may get tired of The Pure or other strains, but I am going on 6+ years and the PK has never for a day lost the lead ;)

Peace, :joint:

Don't forget, while urine is sterile in the bladder, the urethra is not. If I am not mistaken, dissolved urea in the presence of sunlight also breaks down. Somebody check that.

"nutrient" refers to the actual N being used by an organism, NOT the salt. Nitrogen used by a plant is a nutrient. NH3 is ammonia. NO3 is nitrate. N2 is an inert gas. all chickens are birds, not all birds are chickens. Don't confuse the terms. Without organisms they are not nutrients. Is a hamburger shot to the moon food?

Remember though, chemistry only explains the tip. In soil, biology is the iceberg. If you replace the biology, do it well. If you use it, use it well.

J-Blunt

one of my c99 seedlings had the seedcoat stuck on like urs. i just kinda lightly grabbed it and gave a slight pull and it came off. i really didnt think twice about it, but i do believe it helped speed-up this plant. it was a day or 2 behind and has now caught up to my other plant :) just my little bit of experience

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Pedro, cool, I got it now :) Thanks once again for simplifying the complex stuff for me, and anyone else reading!

Hydro, haaha cool, and I believe you, man. Nobody with your resources is going to sit around smoking the same gear for 6 years if it was lacklustre. My mind is always in fast forward mode now, looking forward to partaking in this fine 'erb.

JB, cheers man. Yeah I woke up this morning and it was still stuck and not liking it, so in a half asleep state I just tugged it off. Seems to be fine. :woohoo: The other PK hasn't risen but I got one of the dodgy outdoor seeds popped.

Due to being lazy, I've had a small bit of brown runoff water sitting in a bucket for days now. Normally it would stink like rancid sewerage by this stage, but after using the HE, it smells like nothing, like water. Amazing stuff. Mj if you're reading, I saw a thread, they are just starting to market EM in hydro stores now - 25 bucks for half a litre! :faint:

Lol 25 bucks. Hydro stores will rip you on everything. Bastards. I can just see them buying 1L bottles for 25 and splitting them in two.
I mean... Who is mj?

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Man superpedro is a wealth of knowledge, so glad he's part of the community :smokey:
Those buds are looking so nice and juicy bro, they are putting on some nice colours as well :artist:
Nothing but :respect: here.

Peace.
:rtfo:

Latest posts

Latest posts