What's new

220w pl-l coco scrog cupboard

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Right on, B00m. :dance013:

I'm not sure clean MgSO4 can even be made as a 100% "bio-salt"

I'm not sure either, I figured it sounded like it from the wikipedia page though - "Magnesium sulfates are common minerals in geological environments." but I guess that doesn't mean in pure form. :dunno:

BTW, It's a little more complicated than that, and only a one way rule. All organic matter contains Carbon, but not all mater containing Carbon is organic..
Like K2CO3 (potash) is inorganic and a salt. It also has to do with the structure of the molecule.
Aaaargh! I was so close to understanding this whole thing until you told me that, hahaha. Gosh, that opens so many questions, but I will give you a break and do some research myself later. Cheers man, you're a saint!

Edit: By the way, I found an interesting free to watch video series on microbiology. Unseen Life on Earth: An Introduction to Microbiology. It's 6 hours long though!!! :faint: Gonna try to struggle my way through it.

Last edited:

superpedro

Veteran
LOL I wish you were a Dane mate, it would make it a lot easier to find some good sources for you. :D

All the so called "chemical" nutes are made from mixing salts like mine, they just charge you for water to. All the salts used comes from "natural" sources, it's how it's extracted and purified that makes people think of it as unnatural. Some of the processes uses a lot of energy.

If you want to understand how nutrients solutions work, the best way to start is to read about the concept of Ph, and how it has to do with H+ and OH-. Then read about the chemistry of Ions.
If you find book used to teach chemistry at C-level, it should cover that, and teach enough about organic chemistry to understand the difference. I still use formulas derived from my old school book when i calculate the amounts of each salt to use.
You may easily get lost if you start out by reading about organic or bio chemistry, it's very complicated.

IMO understanding how it all works needs to be build from the bottom up.
I'm not trying to suggest any particular method used around here is wrong, but some would perhaps priorities their affords a little differently if they knew more, thats all. :)

Cheers mate.

BTW: I would probably cut down a bit on the MgSO4, and use like 1/4 teaspoon pr. gallon the rest of the time, once they look recovered. 2/3 sounds like much in the long run.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
No worries man. Thanks for the tip. I get little flashes of remembering chemistry class in all this :) Wiki has helped a lot too.

On the microbes, there's also a 13gb microbiology video/course/lecture on pirate bay :faint: But again, it's an overview of the whole microbe thing (not plant focused). One video I would love to see is Microbe Man's. Still saving up for it.

I still haven't given it any epsom after that first dose ages ago (which was a light dose itself) but I will cut down anyway I guess. Cheers :cool:

And I wish I was Dane too!!! I would give anything to live anywhere in Europe! Man, that's where everything happened, back in the day. And the whole place is so lush and beautiful compared to here. And snow! Although we do have snow in oz, it's just some tiny little sections. :)

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Here's my veg cab for the time being. PK on the right, mongy outdoor seed on the left.

DSCF3596.JPG

The mongy one is looking hopeful to sprout some spiky leaves....maybe. Something is happening anyway.

DSCF3595.JPG

Edit: Have you guys seen Dyson fans? They had them on display in a store today - f*cking cool! :D No blades!

ScrubNinja

Veteran
I read up on them on here and it seems they'd only be good for circulation fans (if they didn't cost so much, lol) but they're still cool :)

I just read a post of a dude claiming LVPK is one of Snoop's fave strains?

i know the real so-cal master is one of snoops favorite strains as is the LVPK.

s320x240-1.jpg

:smokey:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
WholyFninfShieet, I am seeing three universes right now. If that LV PK bean doesn't get you twice as far as you have EVER been in your life I'll eat my hat.

Peace, :joint:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Nice one :yes: Here she is today:

DSCF36391.JPG

The roots are air pruning:

DSCF36521.JPG

And the mongy outdoor is shooting! Hooray:

DSCF36411.JPG

PK on the right:

DSCF36502.JPG

I dug a huuuge fungus gnat larvae out of my strawberries:

DSCF3613.JPG

By the way, any specks of white powder/dust you see is (food grade) DE. Peace.

:bandit:

Edit: Oh shit, I forgot to say, I've convinced myself that there is chloramine in the water supply. Haven't got official confirmation of that but I read the water supply guidelines and I'd be very surprised if there wasn't chloramines present. They actively encourage it's use and my supply fits the ideal usage situation for it. And my water had a bluey tinge. I'll be trying out rain water for a while and see if they pick up. I could tell something is not right ever since I went indoors and started using this tap water. I bet this is why.

Last edited:
P

Paranoid one

Hey scrubs!
Since you've grown for a while and have bookshelves of knowledge with experience..
I have a Q for you.

When does the female plant start to give a skunky scent off? I'd say 2-3weeks of veg, and 1week ok flower would be noticeable for smell. But when does it start? When will I need to add the scrubber?
Thanks.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Heya broski! That is gonna vary wildly depending on each plant, size, and a person's situation. Since I've been indoors I haven't felt that I've needed a CF in veg, even though I mostly have used one. My house is kinda wierd though, like an elevated treehouse, lol. And there are lots of trees and gardens and basically nature and leaf litter etc etc all doing it's thing, so an earthy plant veg smell would be no big deal.

In a crammed up urban environment with a high need for stealth, I would probably want it from week 3 of growth onwards at least. It gets stronger and stronger at various points through flower starting from maybe 2 weeks in, and sorta tails off after it's ready.

The simple/safe solution is to use it from the start. Piece of mind is worth a lot! :smokey: Peace

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Question:

Question:

DSCF3679.JPG

Has the vert grow done anything this whole time? lol. Well, my favourite one is actually doing something now, it dropped all it's leaves and is dying. Oh well.

ATWxPDs looking not too bad :smokey:

DSCF36551.JPG
DSCF36581.JPG
DSCF36561.JPG
DSCF3663.JPG

My flash was workin' overtime :whistling: :tumbleweed: :biggrin:

do you think an computer fan would pull enough air thru one of those flourescent cool tubes to let the plants touch the PLLs and not suffer ill effects?

P

Paranoid one

alrightthanks for the advise scrubs!
I was planning on adding my scrubber 2 weeks in veg so I guess I'll go with your advise and do it from the start for stealth.

Peace.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Cheers Cheeze :yes: They're sticky as hell too.

Marijuanasaur, yes definitely. Some PC fans will outgun the mid range fans like S&Ps and Panasonics, so that is quite do-able. I've read in that position that one should have the flow run from base end to tip, and I agree with that.

Paranoid one, no worries mate. I figure it has to be done some time, and a bad time would be when the plant is actually smelling. Maybe it's just my luck but if I waited for it to smell before fitting the filter, I just know some problem is going to arise. My filter will maybe break and spread carbon everywhere and need more carbon and the shops won't have any and I'll have to order some from ebay and they will send the wrong carbon and the list goes on - my luck always goes something like that. If something can go wrong, it will, I find. :) Hope it goes well.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Damn I think I have had enough of lolly popping plants, Time to jack my yields up, your pics bro have got me seriously rethinking how to increase my output to where I want it.
Nice photos bro. Jealous in a good way.
Peace.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Better wait til the yields are in first, boom :biglaugh: I'm an expert photographer. I could make an ant seem huge and packed with resin, lol. But I know what ya mean. When I see your cab, and your grow style, my mind instantly turns to vertical PLLs. My gawd, you would get some big long buds! I'm hanging out to do just one PK in there. The canopy will be more like the first run. :yes:

I have all the pll stuff I need for the new cab now, even got the bases. I may skip the cool tubes as I can't find any! I've never even seen a t-12. :tumbleweed:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Better wait til the yields are in first, boom :biglaugh: I'm an expert photographer. I could make an ant seem huge and packed with resin, lol. But I know what ya mean. When I see your cab, and your grow style, my mind instantly turns to vertical PLLs. My gawd, you would get some big long buds! I'm hanging out to do just one PK in there. The canopy will be more like the first run. :yes:

I have all the pll stuff I need for the new cab now, even got the bases. I may skip the cool tubes as I can't find any! I've never even seen a t-12. :tumbleweed:

and I Fing suck at that I could make a 600lb gorilla look like an ant. Wtf is wrong with me. Please do the PK justice in large and small form.

Peace, :joint:

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Hehe will do. I see my mate soon, maybe he got some PK up.

DSCF3680.JPG
DSCF3687.JPG
DSCF3699.JPG

I finally activated the damn EM too! :woohoo: I used rain water to activate it. Also it turns out the HE is basically herbal EM like I suspected. Sweeet.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Nice and sticky there bruz, that first shot has got a lacewing or a small fly stuck to it in the top right corner, :biggrin: going to chop my girl tomorrow, she has got a fly or two stuck to her as well, will try to get a shot of it, sticky like flypaper. :dance013:
Kicking ass.
Peace.