What's new

2017 tester run - KC x Zamaldelica fem

deepwaterdude

Thanks, Bud and syd, yep, weather is fricken beautiful with cold, wet nights and the plants reaching for the sun in the AM. I just gave the indoor girls their morning feed, lowering EC a bit while they have the top dress supplements. The Zam x KCs got base nutes only at .7 EC and the bigger Panama x ZAmaldelicas base + Nirvana at .9EC. It's the first time in many years that I can see salt buildup on the fabric pots. Nobody's burning, though;)

I still have not brought the flowering Zam KCs outside for their last weeks. Will do this PM. Also still finding flopping branches every day to tie up.

Now, I could start vegging a few seeds to flower along with the Malawi clones. If I did, I think I'd choose from my last order, something faster to harvest earlier... perhaps Malawi x PCK. I've got all ZAm crosses going now, why not taste the Malawi side of things? Also got Malawi x green haze, Panama Haze and Haze x KC. Also some orient express fems, and I've only heard great things. I think I'll save the Hazes for next, next grow.

Be well, all, hope your days are filled with good stuff

deepwaterdude

Nice, syd;) I thought they might get a vote. Can't argue with the yields I've seen, and I've read too many good things about the effect to worry at all. 2 of each maybe? OE and Mal x PCK? I'd need to pop 'em now to not be dwarfed by the Malawi clones that'll be about 12"tall at rooting. Hmmm. I could fit the cloner and seedlings under my 4ft fluorescent rig.
All right, let me just do a quick calculation... ZAmx KCs from tent will go outside tonight permitting me to spread out and tie up PamZams and configure a space for some 1-2 gal pots under the Amare. PamAzms will finish latest early-mid December, assuming a 16-18 weeker in the three. We'll have Malawi clones in there and maybe seedlings in let's say a month, and so will finish in say 16 weeks from then...which makes it... (counts on fingers) the Ides of february before I can leave the house. %$#@ Egads.

Smoking some 5-top Zamaldelica x Kali China. Been a couple weeks since I opened this jar. She's cured green brown, like military fatigues Viet Nam era. Dense nugs and crystally all over. With my little led-microsope I see about 20% amber trichs, many clear and cloudy. Spicy smoke but smooth on the lungs, but unfortunately my taste buds have not yet come back to say their piece about the fruit stink that was present earlier. The high is positive, soft faced, agreeable in the body/chest/neck, a bit of high thc "stickiness" in the eyes and brain. Stoned, but not stoned mentally inactive. Ringing in the ears. Functional, although I keep composing another argument entirely while writing this and getting lost in the labyrinths of thought. :biggrin:
All right, goodday all, syd thanks for the input;)

G

Your strains of choice are great yielders.

OE is more inbred and stable.Smell is very distinct...Really curious of terpene profile.High is also one of a kind.My kind of high coincidentially :) Nute hog.

My two runs of m x pck gave me 2 green specimens(the second one had some darker tints) ,quite different bud formation and different highs.The first one had a super high,definetely malawi leaner.First racy and up,with bigger dosage melting was very likely ,flyffy buds...The second one more of a 50-50 hybrid ,had more stone but nice,too,denser buds and developed nice taste/aroma during the cure.Liked the first one a lot,I'll check her again in the next run which will have faster strains.Both very resinous but not so much on the leaves,the buds though...For every 3 joints of the first one I had a little spliff of pure kief :biggrin:This one can eat but not as much as the OE.Also maybe likes a bit higher ec than the rest,definetely not much into ph swings while young.Both are really easy to grow and love training.

So yeah...You are going to have some fun :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Day 46 - Panama x ZAmaldelica and ZAm x Kali China

Day 46 - Panama x ZAmaldelica and ZAm x Kali China

Cool, syd, I've been reading up on it in the threads and I'm definitely interested!

Here's this AM's flowers. Coming along, swelling and transforming. Looks like #3 is going to be the first to finish; many calyxes swollen, very crystally, many red hairs. I got one or two good in focus pics of her. Then #2, then 1. They look VERY good. Pure sativas easy to contrast to the two KC based plants. I wonder to what extent I should keep feeding the big ones? ZAmKCs are already getting flushed with much lower EC w/@1/3 strength base nutes only. I still don't have the guts to pull them out. Mejor el mal conocido, etc...

These pics are Zamaldelica x KC (Delicious KC) and Panama x Zamaldelica #1 (The Pamazm).

Next post - Pamazms 2 and 3.

Attachments

• Zam x KC1 day 46ish.jpg
    Zam x KC1 day 46ish.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 17
  • ZAmKC1 lower.jpg
    ZAmKC1 lower.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 11
  • ZamKC2.jpg
    ZamKC2.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Pamzam1 branch laying on ZamKC1.jpg
    Pamzam1 branch laying on ZamKC1.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 14
  • PamZAm1 tops.jpg
    PamZAm1 tops.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 16
  • PZ1 cola.jpg
    PZ1 cola.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 13
  • PZ1 toward cola.jpg
    PZ1 toward cola.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 14
  • PamZAm1 close.jpg
    PamZAm1 close.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 14
  • PZ1 top - alfalfa.jpg
    PZ1 top - alfalfa.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 12

deepwaterdude

Day 46 Part 2 - Panama x ZAmaldelicas 2 and 3

Day 46 Part 2 - Panama x ZAmaldelicas 2 and 3

I Think these phenos pretty much cover the breadth of the best possible attributes I could want from this strain. Anyhoo, here they is.

Anybody have any good advice on feeding at this point with the Pamazms? Looks like #3 could have only one more month and the other two much longer. Still getting almost full base nutes (less N) plus AN Nirvana at full strength. Thanks for any advice. I haven't done many long runners, they look like they want to continue with the status quo...

Edit: first pic definitely #2

Attachments

• PZ3 bottom.jpg
    PZ3 bottom.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 15
  • PZ2 cola.jpg
    PZ2 cola.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 13
  • PZ2 buds.jpg
    PZ2 buds.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 17
  • PZ1 or 2.jpg
    PZ1 or 2.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 9
  • PZ2 in week 7.jpg
    PZ2 in week 7.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 16
  • PZ3 cola swelling.jpg
    PZ3 cola swelling.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 14
  • PZ3 cola.jpg
    PZ3 cola.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Ah, clarity - PZ3.jpg
    Ah, clarity - PZ3.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 10
  • PZ3 fromunda.jpg
    PZ3 fromunda.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 12

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi deepwaterdude,

Wow! To be honest, i'm super excited to see the new Panama Goddess x Zamaldelica regular cross showing such desirable flowering traits in your garden :D
She's definitely Panama dominant, but improved, with more vigor and better flower/leaf ratio. Your feedback (especially about the new crosses) is greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot!

Glad you are still enjoying your last Zamaldelica x KC colas from previous grow ;)

Regarding the feeding, i would continue with the same feeding regime until they are close to mature, they seem to love it :yes:

Wish you have had a great summer time!

deepwaterdude

Hi deepwaterdude,

Wow! To be honest, i'm super excited to see the new Panama Goddess x Zamaldelica regular cross showing such desirable flowering traits in your garden :D
She's definitely Panama dominant, but improved, with more vigor and better flower/leaf ratio. Your feedback (especially about the new crosses) is greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot!

Glad you are still enjoying your last Zamaldelica x KC colas from previous grow ;)

Regarding the feeding, i would continue with the same feeding regime until they are close to mature, they seem to love it :yes:

Wish you have had a great summer time!

Morning, dubi! The amount of useless reflection and false conclusions I come to during my grows would provide wood for all the fall campfires in New Mexico. Panama dominant!? I obviously don't know diddly about diddly, but I'm happy to hear you think the plants are happy;) You must laugh yourself off of your chair from time to time listening to all the BS around here.
Thank you VERY MUCH for chiming in on the nute levels; I'll keep going as is. I went real low with the ZAm KCs to begin their fade, and strongish for the Pamazms. I read back a month yesterday, as I sometimes do to reassure my weak mind that things are going as they should, and saw that first flowers were around August 9, first 11/13 at July 28. SO these pompoms have been at it only ONE MONTH. Huge. And temps may still be a little low for LED growing.
Exciting. Absolutely love these amazons.
Outdoors, things are starting to get interesting. Stretch is over and they're thickening a bit, weaving their flowers together. I hope they have time to enjoy themselves fully before frosts come;) Nights are already very cool, temps falling to 45 degrees from 90!
Good day to everyone, enjoy yoselves, dwd

Editor's note: previous bud pic that was labeled Pz1 or 2 is WITHOUT A DOUBT #1. Heh. For some reason it has more colored pistils than the rest of the plant.

Buddler

Veteran
I Think these phenos pretty much cover the breadth of the best possible attributes I could want from this strain. Anyhoo, here they is.

Anybody have any good advice on feeding at this point with the Pamazms? Looks like #3 could have only one more month and the other two much longer. Still getting almost full base nutes (less N) plus AN Nirvana at full strength. Thanks for any advice. I haven't done many long runners, they look like they want to continue with the status quo...

DWD probly a 12 week s or more strain, they are going to get huge brother lol . I start dropping the adds around 8 and just run base around 1.2 till last two then do your magic .I don't run Nirvana but do run both A and B equal till end in pure coco .MY GTs are loving it ! BTW beautiful plants again lol:tiphat:

G

You guys... I want to try not using AN for my sats at least and the results you two guys are getting are making me having second thoughts...Dammit :biggrin:

wasgedn

syd try a very little guano with ewc as topping in fw 3 and nothing else more fert..just on one pot to try out.....you water with em so uptake should be faster then normal maybe...
it will taste much better...i did it also low feeding with AN in the past.....just a little suggestion for on pot of yours...its just a little altering but you will be 100%organic after...
sry for offtopic deepwater dude...

deepwaterdude

syd try a very little guano with ewc as topping in fw 3 and nothing else more fert..just on one pot to try out.....you water with em so uptake should be faster then normal maybe...
it will taste much better...i did it also low feeding with AN in the past.....just a little suggestion for on pot of yours...its just a little altering but you will be 100%organic after...
sry for offtopic deepwater dude...

All welcome, don't think I'm not listening along;)

Hurricane-like winds at the moment, not normal gusts, but sustained with rain. Blew the Malawi over twice. Everyone else is fine, but wow, what a night, and it looks to continue today. ZAm KC clones flowering away.

deepwaterdude

50 days since flip indoor-Word update

50 days since flip indoor-Word update

Beginning week 8 things are evolving in the tent, unfortunately my laziness has evolved at equal pace, so I'll try to paint a verbal picture worthy of the happenings.

ZAm x KCs are both almost ready after just 50 days 11/13. Zam KC 1's buds are swelling to resemble Miss Perfect's dense, orange haired marbles. Very nice. There are still white hairs on her bottoms and she and sis are getting flushed for a week with clearex, because it's laying around and this is its stated purpose. ZAm KC 2 has equally beautiful buds, just smaller yield for such a stocky plant. Again, grower's error I'm sure. No male gonads so far, and this is the moment they appeared last round.

The Panama x Zamaldelicas are starting to flop their heavy heads all over the place. No broken branches, just lots of laying around I've had to discipline. PamZam1's buds are very weighty, her branches are the longest and all needed tying. Also #3 has tops that are face downward and I still have to get to. When I take the ZAmKcs out, I'll be able to stake things up better.

I'm starting to see some real tip burn, so I'll start to back off the nutes. I also saw some tiny Root Aphid larvae in the water. Their next feeding tonight is Azamax.

As far as maturity goes, they all continue to puff up, and PamZAms 1 and 2 look to keep producing more flowers. On some #1 buds there are about 30% dying hairs, mainly under the whiter light, while on other buds, they look to be still in early flower, just more and more white hairs. These tend to be closest to the BD. Serious girth on #1, while #2 has short, stouter pistils and equally compact, stout flowers, a handful each at the moment, with about 50/50 red/white hairs. As they swell a bit, the hairs are pushed apart to reveal blue/green crystalled pasture between.

Number three started out stout, but with the light and position change, and maybe a drop in intensity for her, she strings out long sativa beads on top of her more densely started buds. I haven't had a close look at her in a couple of days, but her red/white hair ratio looks to be at least 50/50, if not slightly more red.

Anyway, that's the news over here. Cold out. Car trouble, new light in future, aye!

deepwaterdude

Pics - Zam x KC clones OD Sep 19

Pics - Zam x KC clones OD Sep 19

Here are the two dudes in the chairs. Weather permitting these could do pretty well. I'm amazed at how much plant there is from such humble beginnings, especially in Lady S' case. Last pic is same girls Aug 3.

I gave the ID girls a dose of Azamax last night, I'll do another next week as prescribed. Now at least all buds are showing signs of maturation, yet vigor is good with these energizer bunnies. Temps are cold today, no way I'm going to stand in the water with the fish, even if there's good sun.

I'm going through these here nutes pertty fast. Time to reup on bloom. Here's the OD girls. They will definitely see frost before they finish, so we'll see how we go.

Attachments

• zAm x KCs in their cages.jpg
    zAm x KCs in their cages.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Lady S clone sep 19.jpg
    Lady S clone sep 19.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Thick, short columns.jpg
    Thick, short columns.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 13
  • Miss P KC x Zam.jpg
    Miss P KC x Zam.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 22
  • MIss P clone Sep 19.jpg
    MIss P clone Sep 19.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Two Old Men Sep 19.jpg
    Two Old Men Sep 19.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Lady S filling in.jpg
    Lady S filling in.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Lady S in only 3 gal.jpg
    Lady S in only 3 gal.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 15
  • Lady S for Stretch.jpg
    Lady S for Stretch.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 14

Koondense

Veteran
Yeah these have very vigorous growth outdoors.
I gifted a clone to a friend in start july, it was very small. Now she's huge in flowering, hard to predict such growth. Also surprised me indoors with the stretch.
How are yours smelling? My ZamKC is sweet as hell, very overpowering smell of sweet flower oils and fruits.

deepwaterdude

Yeah these have very vigorous growth outdoors.
I gifted a clone to a friend in start july, it was very small. Now she's huge in flowering, hard to predict such growth. Also surprised me indoors with the stretch.
How are yours smelling? My ZamKC is sweet as hell, very overpowering smell of sweet flower oils and fruits.

They're a bit like the First run; sweet skunk predominately, definite fruit... I'm thinking they'll be different outdoors than the mums, of whom Miss P had very fruity, golf ball like buds, perfect in every way, super dense, beautiful little blue marbles. Looked like a model of the earth with electric red/orange hairs.

i have to have another whiff of the two in the tent that are finishing fast and're more pungent. They're both chunkier than your pheno, big hashplants making some beautiful, symmetrical, ball shaped buds, all hairs turning red almost simultaneously, few stragglers. You might actually have a more Zam influenced one, by the budding style. Very sativa compared to most I've had. Anyhoo, you not getting nanners this run either?

Koondense

Veteran
Interesting, mine was also more hashplant in growth with the mom from seed, only after taking a clone off the mom in early flowering, it went thru re-veg and changed growth style. Now resembles more zamaldelica and takes longer to start flowering. No male parts were found this time so I think it was just light leaks.
I like her more now but is harder to manage.
Gotta visit my pal and take some pics of the outdoor clone, last time i seen she just started with preflowers.

Cheers

deepwaterdude

Indoor update; Panama x ZAmaldelica #1 53 days

Indoor update; Panama x ZAmaldelica #1 53 days

Interesting, mine was also more hashplant in growth with the mom from seed, only after taking a clone off the mom in early flowering, it went thru re-veg and changed growth style. Now resembles more zamaldelica and takes longer to start flowering. No male parts were found this time so I think it was just light leaks.
I like her more now but is harder to manage.
Gotta visit my pal and take some pics of the outdoor clone, last time i seen she just started with preflowers.

Cheers

Nice, they do take a long time to get started to flower, no? Noticed that. My OD clones are around 3/4 weeks in and just starting to be something budwise. One is definitely different from Mom, much better:biggrin: Oh, I just got wickedly high on some Beast from last run. After a couple of months, her indica style buds have cured from racy/strong to psychedelic, distorted and very agreeable.

Here's Panama x ZAmaldelica #1, definitely a Goddess, I checked:woohoo:
I took many pics because she's huge, beautiful and healthy, but the news is the smell: pure and powerful lemon sugar, like my first green! This plant is highly addictive, I remember people just smelling their hands after breaking some up, even while smoking, still smelling their fingers. Unbelievable that this exists in nature. I was just saying how much I miss this pheno from the Panamas I grew.

Attachments

• Tent from side day 53.jpg
    Tent from side day 53.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Alfalfa, week 8.jpg
    Alfalfa, week 8.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 9
  • PZ1 7.5 weeks.jpg
    PZ1 7.5 weeks.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 14
  • PZ1 colas.jpg
    PZ1 colas.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 16
  • PZ1 from top.jpg
    PZ1 from top.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 10
  • PZ1 week 8.jpg
    PZ1 week 8.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 10
  • PZ1 cola.jpg
    PZ1 cola.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 10
  • PZ1 on a couch.jpg
    PZ1 on a couch.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 17
  • PZ1 in pink.jpg
    PZ1 in pink.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 12

deepwaterdude

Panama x Zamaldelica #s 2 + 3 in week 8

Panama x Zamaldelica #s 2 + 3 in week 8

I've taken a shine to Pamazm3, you should see why. She looks gruesome, a maneater, I'm all over her. And, since Koondense asked about smells I palpated 'em a bit, and this #3 has subdued sweet lemon, but some intriguing high note I can't get yet, and I couldn't get enough of. Very subtle, like my mandarin spice thai GT. I'll cop another feel soon.
It should be said that these are the most spectacular plants I've ever had the pleasure to cohabitate with. I've always wanted some of these out of control, many headed beasts; a beaded sativa like #3 is a gift from the gods, and #1, enough said previous, and I could go on.

#2 Has lemon present at about 50% of the bouquet, of which the other 50% is humid earth, like my huge, pink pistiled and calyxed panama. It had a great effect, Colombian stone, very musical.

ZAmKCs next

Attachments

• Floppy PZ3 laying on ZxKC2.jpg
    Floppy PZ3 laying on ZxKC2.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 17
  • A greener bud.jpg
    A greener bud.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 14
  • PZ2 close.jpg
    PZ2 close.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 18
  • PZ2 cola.jpg
    PZ2 cola.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 12
  • PZ2 bottom branchfull.jpg
    PZ2 bottom branchfull.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 14
  • PZ3-a mean babe.jpg
    PZ3-a mean babe.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 10
  • PZ3 midriff.jpg
    PZ3 midriff.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 11
  • PZ3 cola.jpg
    PZ3 cola.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 10

deepwaterdude

Zamaldelica x Kali China week 8

Zamaldelica x Kali China week 8

Here they are at 7.5 weeks, both starting to purple with the flush. #1's buds are beautiful, dark red, while #2's are caked with sugar. No joke. But very small.

Now, the light: Guess where I went to get it? Aurora, Co. Same place I got my Black Dog, different dude;) I'm bushed, a lot of driving. But I got me a Nextlight Mega almost new for almost half price:biggrin: Now I have three bigass, primo lights... and I'm slightly broke;) Car's fixed by the way. that's the nudes, dwd

Attachments

• ZKC2.jpg
    ZKC2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 10
  • ZKC1 top.jpg
    ZKC1 top.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 8
  • fertilizzanti
    fertilizzanti
    53.5 KB · Views: 23
  • ZAMxKC1 week 8.jpg
    ZAMxKC1 week 8.jpg