What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2017 tester run - KC x Zamaldelica fem

deepwaterdude

Outdoor update Aug 25

Outdoor update Aug 25

So i learned a lot from these clones; they were tiny two weeks ago, and now at the onset of flower, they're exactly where I wanted them.

Now, in the previous post you saw I had the pots on the left of the tent and the ZAmPams (PamZAms really) are stretched way over to the right. There's a good 3 foot space under them on the right into which I could horizontally insert the Malawi, or the Lady S clone from in between the tomatoes. Anyway, more crazy for yas that I probably won't do.

Here dey is;

Attachments

• Learned a lot w:these clones.jpg
    Learned a lot w:these clones.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Scrogs from right.jpg
    Scrogs from right.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Scrogs from left.jpg
    Scrogs from left.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Miss P clone.jpg
    Miss P clone.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Just starting flowa.jpg
    Just starting flowa.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Malawi catching 1st rays.jpg
    Malawi catching 1st rays.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Killer babe.jpg
    Killer babe.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 15

gorilla ganja

All your plants look top notch dude, inside and out. I don't like the purple pics of the indoor though, Can you get rid of that light and replace it with something else :biggrin:

Peace GG

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi deepwaterdude,

It's a pleasure to see the progresses of your indoor and outdoor garden :) I love the way that you have opened and supported the branches of your outdoor plants, i think it's a very good and wise decision, it will improve light penetration and at the same time it will help the plants to be able to hold the weight of the colas in late flowering, especially in case you have strong rains and winds at that final stage.

I really appreciate a lot that you are growing again clones of your favourite Zamaldelica x Kali Chinas :huggg:

And it's a sweet surprise to see the Panama x Zamaldelica already flowering in your tent, is it the Panama Goddess (F10) x Zamaldelica F1 regular hybrid we have produced recently, right ? Some growers have already tested this new hybrid and the feedback about it is very good so far. Looking forward to know your opinion about it too.

deepwaterdude

5th week 11/13

5th week 11/13

Thank you, dubi, it's always a pleasure to have you stop in and take a look. :tiphat: Any wisdom around here is a happy accident;) Love to know what you think of the PamxZams when I post next pics. Looks like really nice leaf/flower ratio on all three and pretty homogenous flowering style with minimal differences. Starting to fatten a bit in week five with all white pistils.

I did a poor man's repot on the indoor girls; i.e. for the big ZAmPams, I just put 2 gallons of coco mix in 5 gal smartpots and set each 3 gal inside. For the ZAmx KCs, I wanted to lift them more, so I filled 3 gal smartpots completely with coco mix and set them on top, gaining about 8 inches. The Zampams were only lifted 2" or so. They'll realize they're sitting on gold mines and dig in soon enough and no hurry; these are big gals:biggrin:

The ZamxKCs are uber stinky and'll appreciate the more intense light, especially ZKC2, who's a little behind her sister. First 1or2 brown hairs appearing.

The ZAmPams are exxtraordinary, enough to merit an extra "x". As the cross is what dubi said, Pam x ZAm, as usual I have it backwards;) I'm imagining the Panama goddess contributing mainly size, yield and possibly the invisible stuff; terps, high, etc. These appear more zammy in bud style, no? Anyway, they will yield very well. They are taking almost full strength nutes with a couple of additives (Big Bud + Nirvana) with tiny tip burn and still some yellowing leaves on the bottom (rootbound a tad). In fact, I think the ZAmKCs like nutes LESS than these big girls; a little clawing on #2.

Anyway, I'm very happy with the feeding now that I've established a good routine, and the girls are basically just doing their thing. All PamZams are making big fat buds, some of their lowers I even mistake for the Main tops of the ZamKCs. So far, best grow in a long while insofar as healthy flowering.

I think I just put pics up a couple days back, so I'll wait until 35 day mark. We're at 32. Gonna have to get some plastic netting for the outdoor clones, they're expanding a lot laterally. Gooday all, dwd

deepwaterdude

New camera-had to test-day 33 since flip

New camera-had to test-day 33 since flip

Actually a lot worse than the other camera, but I prefer to think the girls are growing so fast they can't be captured without minimal blur. Here's the tent and random pics, plus ZamKCs and the OD Malawi. Extremely blurry pics, must be high vibration plants;)
Each PamZam (made the switch for accuracy's sake and so dubi's head doesn't hurt) up close in next post.

Attachments

• Experimental bud close to LED.jpg
    Experimental bud close to LED.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Various PamZAm bottoms.jpg
    Various PamZAm bottoms.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 14
  • PamZAm field blurry they grow so fast.jpg
    PamZAm field blurry they grow so fast.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 22
  • How they hang-Aug 30.jpg
    How they hang-Aug 30.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Panorama from side.jpg
    Panorama from side.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 15
  • PamZam side Aug 30.jpg
    PamZam side Aug 30.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Sugary ZamKC2.jpg
    Sugary ZamKC2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 11
  • blurry ZamKC1.jpg
    blurry ZamKC1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 14
  • ZamKC2-chunky like Beast.jpg
    ZamKC2-chunky like Beast.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 15
  • Malawi-even this camera can't avoid the beauty.jpg
    Malawi-even this camera can't avoid the beauty.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 20

deepwaterdude

Day 33-Panama x Zamaldelica up close, in focus

Day 33-Panama x Zamaldelica up close, in focus

Take a gander at these girls. It hasn't occurred to me to check for resin or anything because of their young age, t'would be indecent. PLus I'm sure beyond the shadow of a doubt that these will be killers.

Attachments

• 2ft of PamZam2.jpg
    2ft of PamZam2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Alfalfa sprig-about 8in from the light.jpg
    Alfalfa sprig-about 8in from the light.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 15
  • PamZam1 branch week 5.jpg
    PamZam1 branch week 5.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 13
  • PamZam 1-A fine Lass in purple robe.jpg
    PamZam 1-A fine Lass in purple robe.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 14
  • ZamPam1 - a lovely gal.jpg
    ZamPam1 - a lovely gal.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Most o' PamZAm2-pollen drop?.jpg
    Most o' PamZAm2-pollen drop?.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 16
  • PamZam 2-pretty in pink.jpg
    PamZam 2-pretty in pink.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 2ft of PamZam3.jpg
    2ft of PamZam3.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 12
  • PamZam3 cola already bigger than beer can.jpg
    PamZam3 cola already bigger than beer can.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 13
  • SCroggies.jpg
    SCroggies.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 12

orfeas

Veteran
had me gander awright...can't help exaltation...
jack of (all) trades...photography and gardening therein
your sheilas are just lovable...
and that stout young lady in the green poses as if ready and about to challenge the "elderly" lot... :biggrin:

well done, muchacho!

:tiphat:orfeas

deepwaterdude

had me gander awright...can't help exaltation...
jack of (all) trades...photography and gardening therein
your sheilas are just lovable...
and that stout young lady in the green poses as if ready and about to challenge the "elderly" lot... :biggrin:

well done, muchacho!

Gracias, hermano, just a preview of what you've got coming x 10;) I can't wait to see how they go over the weeks... and yet if I didn't wait, I wouldn't see it. Hm.
As for the photography, it didn't look as if any one pic was in focus until I downloaded them to the computer. Lucky to have got anything shareable.
That Malawi will get its place in the tent in 6 weeks or so;) Maaaybe she'll have started flower by then. NAyhoo, thanks for the gander and the comment. Good to know they're on track, not much to compare them to, though I've been looking at the ZAm threads. Take a dip in that there sea for me, tad landlocked meself:biggrin:, dwd

Edit* I looked over at ULMW's Panama and Zams, and it looks like mine are actually taking after the Panamas... any thoughts?

Last edited:

orfeas

Veteran
... Take a dip in that there sea for me, tad landlocked meself , dwd

shouldn't whine, amigo :biggrin: you've got almost everything in that land of plenty of yours... even got pregnancy without intercourse :biggrin:

them panas resemble a lot ... yet not seeing them plants in the flesh doesn't help much ... me old apple pies at least :biggrin:

as for the times ten estimate, you could be spot on, had my panamala not suffered severe stem damage ... a single branch equals a single indoor plant...bulky burly busty them sheilas grow :biggrin:

[YOUTUBEIF]cApn8Ff2CwY[/YOUTUBEIF]

ULMW

Take a gander at these girls. It hasn't occurred to me to check for resin or anything because of their young age, t'would be indecent. PLus I'm sure beyond the shadow of a doubt that these will be killers.

DWD! Looking delicious !!! Happy plants ,happy garden ! Happy growing!

deepwaterdude

Morning, fellas, I drove nine hours yesterday and so was too wiped to visit the girls before I went to sleep. Upon morning watering I found they either a) loved the heat/conditions with tent closed or b) started digging into the new soil underfoot. The PamZams have shot into another gear, some buds have doubled in size, the Alfalfa sprig for ex. (thinking of Little Rascals). So the tent will stay closed at night now, as they wish;)

Gave outdoor girls a big feeding as they're switching into flower, scrog girls stretching quite a bit.
Anyway, the proof will be in the pics in a few days. Happy day to all, dwd

deepwaterdude

Yup me too ! those plants look dialed in mr DWD those LED s are performing nice ..Bumpity bump.:wave:

Thanks Sam and Bud, i'll prolly break down and take pics tomorrow;)

I will now talk like I know something. (burp, scratch).

The trick with the blurple panels is to reduce quoted flower footprint by at least 1/3 and do the same with recommended light distance, keep tops relatively close. If they say 24-36in is great and 18 is the "maximum", usually PAR readings reveal that only the maximum is truly enough. With the exception of Alfalfa killing it at 8" from Big Blurple, every other bud is within the 24-14" range and doing well. The only addition I could/will make is a spyder over some of PamZAm3's lowers in the back of the tent.
The other trick, which when combined with the first will give you a very narrow sweet spot, is to stay FAR enough away to get the blend of spectrum the lights are made for. This limit is usually @18in away from panel, depending on diode wattage, making a 3x3' true flower footprint.
So a few things; with blurples you'll need almost double the panels stated for real flower power, always go by wattage draw as opposed to HPS equivalence or even wattage of the LEDs. The Black Dog has 300 5w diodes, which should make 1500w, but draw from wall (and, kudos to Black Dog, the stated wattage on the unit) is actually 750w. The Amare pulls around 400 from the wall with 60 5w diodes and 6 25w COB LEDs... I think. More efficient, excellent quality of light.

I still wouldn't buy a blurple panel new, I just got a great deal on the BD, couldn't refuse. I still may sell it after this run and put in two HLG 3ft heat sinks with 2-3 quantum panels each. I really wanna go white light/full spec; PAR is ridiculous and the umols or whatever are off the charts for efficiency and what I'll call light density. God, enough.

Anyhoo, pics very soon. deedublyadawg

deepwaterdude

Some terrible indoor pics for your pleasure

Some terrible indoor pics for your pleasure

Lol, I like the way you think!

I find it hysterical myself;)

Here are a few terrible lights off pics. I'll light them better next time. Things continue to expand, of course. First few hairs on the PamZAms are turning red. I'm starting to notice some Panama Lemon smell, a bit like the sugar lemon soda pheno I had, but with muskier, more humid earth undertones.
At the moment, I can't tell if the ZAmKCs want more or less food, or just right. Don't think just right, because they're less stacked than the last run, but still tight, dank and heavy. No burn, but a little clawing on #2. Feedings are quite reasonable at or around 1.5 EC. You won't be able to see diddly but chunkiness in the pics;)

Outdoor next

Edit: the Alfalfa pic should read 8" from light

Attachments

• ZamKCs in the dark.jpg
    ZamKCs in the dark.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 18
  • ZAmKC1 sugaring up.jpg
    ZAmKC1 sugaring up.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Looks like PamZAm2.jpg
    Looks like PamZAm2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Alfalfa-8%22 from light.jpg
    Alfalfa-8%22 from light.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 14
  • Field o' dreams:hallucinations.jpg
    Field o' dreams:hallucinations.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 12

deepwaterdude

OD after AM feeding

OD after AM feeding

The outdoor all got rich soup this AM as they're in their first 2 weeks of flower. I needed to wet them good, as the sun's doing a steamy number these days. Got rid of the 2nd Lady S clone as the chair scrogs will be plenty for me. The Malawi I'm just keeping alive because she's off the charts hot. DOn't really have a plan for her yet, just ideas. Not yet in flower.

Attachments

• Lady S clone flowers.jpg
    Lady S clone flowers.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Miss P clone beefing out like Mom.jpg
    Miss P clone beefing out like Mom.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Lady S clone-stretching like MOm.jpg
    Lady S clone-stretching like MOm.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Chair scrogs.jpg
    Chair scrogs.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Scroglets just fed.jpg
    Scroglets just fed.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 9
  • Miss P clone getting going.jpg
    Miss P clone getting going.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 11
  • African babe.jpg
    African babe.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Frigging perfect structure.jpg
    Frigging perfect structure.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Malawi side.jpg
    Malawi side.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 10
G

That second pic is so funny!:laughing:Two guys just sitting there-oh,they're marijuana plants!

Fantastic arrangement,here's an idea about the Malawi :worship her!
Seriously,I'd bend the hell out of her and triple-chair-scrog her.Bend her before you throw her away for being a beast :) Or,put her in the DWC so we can have some fun!:biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts