What's new

2017 tester run - KC x Zamaldelica fem

G

Another lighting grow trip!Duude!All in the same tent?Probably not,right?
ZamKCs look delicious as always,but those Pamzams...Ayayay...:canabis:

Rock on! :)

orfeas

Veteran
love the multicolour pics why my eyes are fatigued of all that greenery of me own plants they are used to... :biggrin:

good on ya!

:tiphat:orfeas

P.S.
Hey, Buddler! Did'u get to see the Dionysos emblem? :laughing:

deepwaterdude

Hey, fellas, thanks a mil for looking in:tiphat:

@Syd-definitely not in the same tent! There's already 1100 true watts of LED in there for 5 plants, = about 300w per plant HID, being conservative. The PamZAms are hugely photosensitive; as soon as a branch flops down, the bud's upper side goes nuts and the lower side shuts down immediately. ALmost like slow motion animals, like sea anemones;) PLus, the Nextlight is huge, 1m x 1m, flowers 1.6m squared, or 5 x5 ft. I'll have to take one out, just not sure if it should be the BD or the Amare as the plants are doing well under both. Also not changing lights until grow's done. The change in spectrum could stall them 2 weeks. The BD is old already, and surely at about 70% power compared to new, but I like it, or i like how the plants like it... it's a 750w beast.

Claude H - Thanks! That explains why I am usually astounded;) It's the genes on these plants that are first rate; the Gorilla Glue #4 of Sativa. Otherwise the medium, nutes and lights (and singing them soft lullabyes) seem to be to their liking.

Farmerlion - Thank you, guardian of the North. Just think that as fascinating as each bud and leaf are, just one of your plants would fill my tent to capacity!

Orfeas - Poor dude with only a jungle of greens, purples and whatnot on your amazon babes! I look at yours to rest my eyes and stimulate my appetite;)

Grow note*-Now, my last two indoor grows with ZAmaldelica x Kali China were plagued by fast finishes, never budding to the potential of their veg. I blamed this on a million things; light timers, nutes, leaks, cold temps, light changes, root aphids etc. But the Outdoor Z x KC is doing the opposite, getting huge, throwing out and weaving together long spires of bud.

One thing I didn't consider was that they might not like the 11/13, might be signaling them to finish right from the beginning. Koondense is running the same strain at closer to 12/12 and it seems to be stacking better than mine did, and continuing. I'm thinking that I might recommend 12/12 or closer to it, so they don't shut down early... unless you want a smaller, quicker taste of a great strain.

ANyway, good news all around, absolutely beautiful early fall weather out and in. Be well, friendlets, may your day be Ace Top numba 1, dwduuude

G

Also not changing lights until grow's done. The change in spectrum could stall them 2 weeks.

Interesting!I was thinking of starting flower with the 600 HPS and
then add some spiders or the 400MH (or HPS),do you think I could have a problem?

Also interesting are your observations on Zmd x KC.Shame I will have her in 11/13 from start again ,hashplant pheno it seems,shouldn't have topped...

Poor man with his little jungle :laughing:

deepwaterdude

Interesting!I was thinking of starting flower with the 600 HPS and
then add some spiders or the 400MH (or HPS),do you think I could have a problem?

Also interesting are your observations on Zmd x KC.Shame I will have her in 11/13 from start again ,hashplant pheno it seems,shouldn't have topped...

Poor man with his little jungle :laughing:

Thanks, ULMW, I aspire to produce as healthily and bountifully as you:tiphat:

Syd, no worries on the HPS/MH change, maybe a day's adjustment and off they go:biggrin: My worry is more changing from the powerful blurple Black Dog that has deep reds, blues and UV-A in its spectrum to the Nextlight, which doesn't, is much like a massive, continuous array of our screw in LEDs, just with premium drivers and over 300 Samsung diodes. The color is like sunlight... awesome. The Amare is mainly white COB leds surrounded by a bit of UV-A and deep reds/blues, so the plants will suffer less adjustment shock. But the BD, that's a big change, have to find a configuration that allows me to use her as supplement, or just swallow and go for it and swap them out. Anyway, luxury problems:biggrin:

Edit: and don't worry about the ZAm x KC, they can be surprising in stretch, heh.

G

Oh,it was the Nextlight you got then...Sweeet!!!(Have you mentioned it above?I haven't seen it,smoking proper weed after a good 2-3 weeks and I may have missed it :biggrin: )Great light bro,can't wait to see your next run with this one(better for pics for sure,too,Orfeas will have no complaints :biggrin:)!By the way,I think Dionysus conquered India on a donkey (see the correlation? ;) )

deepwaterdude

Test piclets of Zamaldelica x Kali China 1 out of tent

Test piclets of Zamaldelica x Kali China 1 out of tent

Oh,it was the Nextlight you got then...Sweeet!!!(Have you mentioned it above?I haven't seen it,smoking proper weed after a good 2-3 weeks and I may have missed it :biggrin: )Great light bro,can't wait to see your next run with this one(better for pics for sure,too,Orfeas will have no complaints :biggrin:)!By the way,I think Dionysus conquered India on a donkey (see the correlation? ;) )

Morning, syd, yep I got the Nextlight Mega. 650w from the wall. Awesome fixture, can't wait to put it up, but somehow am. Glad you got some good smoke, finally. I just pulled out the jar of Beast ZAm x KC from storage, quite a blue/purple beauty and a killer high.

So I pulled Zam x KC 1 from the tent for a pre harvest exam and to see if sunlight or my spyder LEDs would be the best light for pics. Problem is, my hands are unsteady while shooting with one hand and lighting with the other. Had to throw out many promising, blurry images. This is just first try, but at least shows the plant in some of her glory. SHe's quite a lot bigger than she looks in the tent! I tied up her falling branches and went to work. I think the tent background works better than my laundry:biggrin: She's close, another week or so.
I really wanted the full plant pic to come out well, disappointing.

Attachments

• A lot more to her than meets the eye.jpg
    A lot more to her than meets the eye.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Sunlit Z x KC at almost 8 weeks.jpg
    Sunlit Z x KC at almost 8 weeks.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 19
  • COla sunlight.jpg
    COla sunlight.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Sunlit cola 2.jpg
    Sunlit cola 2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Zam KC1 sunlit cola.jpg
    Zam KC1 sunlit cola.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 13
  • ZAm x Kali China 1 .jpg
    ZAm x Kali China 1 .jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Almost got it-spyderlight.jpg
    Almost got it-spyderlight.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Cola almost in focus.jpg
    Cola almost in focus.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 10
  • ZAm KC1 with spyder.jpg
    ZAm KC1 with spyder.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 19

deepwaterdude

8 weeks since flip

8 weeks since flip

Blurry whatever, she's a beauty dude :dance013:bout a tripod for your camera..

She will be primo, my Bud, thanks, but a laugh compared to the outdoor potential for yield and stinkiness, I think. If they hold up to the cold=Donkeys;) Yes, tripod, will do. One around here somewhere. I think I'll set up the nextlight outside the tent for pics.

The mistreated outdoor Malawi is finally flowering, just when it's going to dip toward freezing for a couple of nights. I saw a bit of whitefly on the fatter ZAm x KC clone outdoors, so they all got a dose of Green Cleaner and are looking good. They'll get another in a day or two.

Anyway, in the tent the PamZams are swelling and reaching more tentacles toward the light, things of beauty. Alfalfa is as big around as a grapefruit:dance013: No more root aphid larvae in the water, still some fliers that should die off. Have to do second azamax drench Monday. Should do it definitively.

The ZAm x KC 1 + 2 will be harvested this week, so when I take them out, I think I may go ahead and change out the lights to finish the ZamPAms. Better spread. I'll also be able to better devise a tying up system for the girls and spread their heads out and bring them slightly closer from center. When the tent sucks its cheeks in, PamZam number 3 gets a bit smushed, like a fade haircut on the cola.
Anyway, good day to all, until next attempt at photography:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Outdoor Zam x KCs and Malawi-Sep27

Outdoor Zam x KCs and Malawi-Sep27

Well, there's snow on the mountaintops this morning, the aspens are on fire and the skies are grey and rainy down here. Let's just say I'm far from orfeas' beautiful beaches and turquoise water.

Here are the girls. For the Malawi, who certainly won't perform to any standard in this climate, I may, gulp, chop off a good foot of top, move her indoors in the Zam x KC's spot, on her side under some green fence scrog I'll roll around her. Anyway, she's fricken gargeous:peacock:

Indoor, they're in mid week 9 and maturing/puffing up like adders. ZAm x KC #1 has thrown a nanner that easily sticks out of her blackening buds. I can handle one or two dicks on the dancefloor;) The whole plant has purpled to almost night, much like Beast did and finally Zammy Tammy from last run. Very dense, sweet smelling, not so sickeningly sweet as a kush. Her sister, number 2, is light green and exactly same height/structure, less fat. They're coming down this SAturday, should the nanner permit, with maybe a couple of days and nights outside to finish in beauty.

For the Panama x Zamaldelicas, I've cut all additives, going with just base nutes for the moment. AS they are longer flowerers, I rationalized using the boosters a couple of weeks longer than recommended, usually at full strength. PamZAm 3 is clawing a good bit. I'll add some Bud Candy (Mg and sugars, I think) a couple weeks before flush, see how it goes. That's the news, indoor pics soon of week 9.

Attachments

• Lady S clone Profile.jpg
    Lady S clone Profile.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Lady S clone Zam x KC.jpg
    Lady S clone Zam x KC.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Malawi close sep 27.jpg
    Malawi close sep 27.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 18
  • Malawi starting flower.jpg
    Malawi starting flower.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Fall has fallen-sep 27.jpg
    Fall has fallen-sep 27.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Miss P clone ZAm x KC sep 27.jpg
    Miss P clone ZAm x KC sep 27.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Miss P side view.jpg
    Miss P side view.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Miss P - bottoms more advanced on both.jpg
    Miss P - bottoms more advanced on both.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Miss P close.jpg
    Miss P close.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 10

Buddler

Veteran
DEWD!had to comment nice looking ladies I hope you bring in the big M give her her own tent lol, nice work man...:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

End of week 9 11/13 - Indoor pic update 1/2

End of week 9 11/13 - Indoor pic update 1/2

Thanks, ma bud, that means a lot coming from you, brohair. I'm going to replace lights tomorrow when I take out the Zam x KCs, which means I could actually set up the malawi in an open tent under the Amare;)

Awright, without much further ado, here da babes. They're showing some heat stress and some burn. I'm going to drop the EC quite a bit. The Amare puts off the heat of I'd say an open 400w, but more directional. Closer than 16in and canopy temps can be too hot under the COBs. That is, I think, the source of the nanner. Otherwise, happiness abounds in the tent and out:biggrin:

For the pics, a couple/few good closeups; some great sugar on PanZams 1 and 3 and on Zam x KC #1. I've had three black plants out of the 7 seeds I ran. I'm smoking one right now; Beast. Was racy at first, very dense buds, amazing looking/smelling as ZKC1 is. Bag appeal is ridonculous should that be a factor. At present Beast is a killer; mind altering smoke with good vibes for art, music, social stuff, and very floaty, not at all heavy. The pic of alfalfa with the lighter makes the lighter look pretty good, but Alfalfa is a monster bud; doesn't do it justice.

More pics next post

Attachments

• View from PZ side window.jpg
    View from PZ side window.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 3 distinct babes.jpg
    3 distinct babes.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Zamaldelica x Kali China (3:7 were black).jpg
    Zamaldelica x Kali China (3:7 were black).jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Zam x KC 1-good lookin'.jpg
    Zam x KC 1-good lookin'.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Zamaldelica x KCs finishing.jpg
    Zamaldelica x KCs finishing.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 13
  • PZ1 Alfalfa bud.jpg
    PZ1 Alfalfa bud.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 10
  • PZ1 bud close-lemon pheno.jpg
    PZ1 bud close-lemon pheno.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 15
  • PZ1 hidden cola.jpg
    PZ1 hidden cola.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 13
  • PZ1 horizontal branch.jpg
    PZ1 horizontal branch.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 12
  • PZ1 spine.jpg
    PZ1 spine.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 9

deepwaterdude

Indoor pic update week 9 - 2/2

Indoor pic update week 9 - 2/2

I realize the pics are a bit random, they are but for the pleasure of your eyes as for mine, plus, you should all recognize each doll by now.

Attachments

• PZs 1 and 3 having a chat.jpg
    PZs 1 and 3 having a chat.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 11
  • PZ3 cola.jpg
    PZ3 cola.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Definitely the devil's weed-looka those batwings!.jpg
    Definitely the devil's weed-looka those batwings!.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Panama x Zamaldelica 3 close.jpg
    Panama x Zamaldelica 3 close.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 14
  • PZ3 cola - PZ1 foreground.jpg
    PZ3 cola - PZ1 foreground.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 12
  • PZ3 close.jpg
    PZ3 close.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Alfalfa close.jpg
    Alfalfa close.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Panama x Zamaldelica 2 branch.jpg
    Panama x Zamaldelica 2 branch.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 14

orfeas

Veteran
Thanks, ma bud, that means a lot coming from you, brohair. I'm going to replace lights tomorrow when I take out the Zam x KCs, which means I could actually set up the malawi in an open tent under the Amare;)

Awright, without much further ado, here da babes. They're showing some heat stress and some burn. I'm going to drop the EC quite a bit. The Amare puts off the heat of I'd say an open 400w, but more directional. Closer than 16in and canopy temps can be too hot under the COBs. That is, I think, the source of the nanner. Otherwise, happiness abounds in the tent and out:biggrin:

For the pics, a couple/few good closeups; some great sugar on PanZams 1 and 3 and on Zam x KC #1. I've had three black plants out of the 7 seeds I ran. I'm smoking one right now; Beast. Was racy at first, very dense buds, amazing looking/smelling as ZKC1 is. Bag appeal is ridonculous should that be a factor. At present Beast is a killer; mind altering smoke with good vibes for art, music, social stuff, and very floaty, not at all heavy. The pic of alfalfa with the lighter makes the lighter look pretty good, but Alfalfa is a monster bud; doesn't do it justice.

More pics next post

Hail, fellow dwd!
looks as if you went snorkelling in the great barrier reef and took all these amazing photos...a delight to the eye, aye!

:tiphat:orfeas

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really impressive work deepwaterdude! Both indoors and outdoors, respect! :)

I'm speechless with the beauty of your plants in all your updates.
The genetics cannot be in better hands, they are growing with perfect health and the pics talk by thelmselves.

Congrats on the harvest of your second indoor round with the Zamaldelica x Kali Chinas! Love their big hashplant strucuture with the classic Xmas tree sativa structure touch from Zamaldelica.
But maturing very fast, with thick, resinous, fragant and colorful flowers .... in a very hashplant way, like our Kali Chinas from latest generation.

The Panama x Zamaldelicas are ... well .... indescribable :D
Words cannot make justice to the beauty and to all the desirable sativa traits they are showing.

Looks like is going to be an outstanding canna autumn on your side ;)

Thanks A LOT for all your great contributions in this room!

deepwaterdude

Zam x KCs 1 and 2 down 63 days - Light change

Zam x KCs 1 and 2 down 63 days - Light change

Why thank you, gentlemen, this is high praise indeed:tiphat: And, while certainly unmerited as there are dudes out there growing plants of which one branch equals my whole tent, I'll still take it;) It gives me a thrill to hear dubi excited about anything after all he's seen, so i know we got some goodies in there.

OK, woke up this morning with 40 minutes before lights out to pull the Zam x KCs from the tent, then the two big lights (to which some tops were attached), then hoist in the 1m x 1m Nextlight. This puppy is much lighter than either of the other two, so much less fear of tent caving in;)

Anyway, all of the above done successfully in the time alotted except watering (whoops), retying the tops of the massive pamzams and to see the plants under the light. No room for the Malawi in there, as yet. Leaves a good bit to be done tonight, when we shall all see things under a new light...

I chopped the two ZAm x KCs on their 9 week bday, trimmed off all the leaves whose necks I could see and piled up their branches. Took about 2 hours. There was a lot more plant to each of these than I could see in the tent; very sticky, tight little buds on many branches, and much inner buddage that got very little light. They could have been spread very wide and done amazingly like the ones outdoors.
Congrats and cigars are in order as I found a few mature seeds on ZAm x KC 1 and some more male flowers on the inner buds, so I expect more S1s. Still great quality after first trim, and I guess we'll see what kind of hybrids I've got brewing in the tent:biggrin:

One grow note; the Zam x KCs were very floppy, to the extent that ZAm x KC 2 flopped over entirely when unsupported, and so are the ZAmPams. SOme people attribute this to blurple lights, like the BD, then maybe simply lack of silica. I don't remember this being at all a problem for the previous run in the same medium, so could also be something missing in the nuteset, tho the real change has been the spectrum...

Dats da nudes, pics to follow.

Latest posts

Latest posts