What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2017 tester run - KC x Zamaldelica fem

deepwaterdude

8 weeks - and next round just got dunked

8 weeks - and next round just got dunked

Sounds like the voice of experience. :tiphat:

Oh, 'tis, absolutely, Sir.

I'm two fingers from cutting Miss P; she's pretty much stopped evolving and her new growth is mainly nanners. Downside, she won't be flushed, upside, more room for the others. Everyone else goes at least 9 weeks, mainly for flush.

I dropped 3 Malawi std, 3 Zam Elite x Panama diosa std and the remaining two fem Zam Elite x KC. I'm hoping to get 2 females each of malawi and panama x zam and run 6 total indoor in 3 gal coco in 5x5 tent. I figure the KCx will finish months ahead of the others. I prepped the lighter coco mix for them in 4"pots to start. Veg will be short, probably outdoor.

Lady s gets her own post.

Attachments

• 5 top 8 wks.jpg
    5 top 8 wks.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 1 week to go.jpg
    1 week to go.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01779.jpg
    DSC01779.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 11
  • Beast 8 weeks.jpg
    Beast 8 weeks.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Flush.jpg
    Flush.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 10
  • zamtam.jpg
    zamtam.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 16
  • miss p.jpg
    miss p.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 14
  • The two 8 wks.jpg
    The two 8 wks.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Beast Bottom bud.jpg
    Beast Bottom bud.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Almost there.jpg
    Almost there.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 9

deepwaterdude

Lady S

Lady S

Here she is. Terrible likeness.

Attachments

• DSC01803.jpg
    DSC01803.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC01801.jpg
    DSC01801.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01800.jpg
    DSC01800.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 13

deepwaterdude

Miss P down in a hurry

Miss P down in a hurry

Going to get a little crowded in there. Especially if you have to actually have sides on your tent.:tiphat:

Gonna keep 'em small, OT, should be no problem;) (both know that's big joke)

AS forewarned and after a lot of research and finding amber trichs, I harvested Miss P's million branches into a great pile. Each of her four mains had about 6 auxiliary branches plus cola, so big yielder. Even her popcorn is fat. Her smell is sugar mango cream. The tent is emptyish now she's gone and I'm glad she is. Tomorrow I'll get in there and tie things up.

Here're some pics to give idea of volume. There's still two feet of stem left in the tent and not a leaf.

Attachments

• Close.jpg
    Close.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Good pile.jpg
    Good pile.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Full plant with colas.jpg
    Full plant with colas.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Other half.jpg
    Other half.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 1:2 Miss P.jpg
    1:2 Miss P.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Mango cream top.jpg
    Mango cream top.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Getting gnarly.jpg
    Getting gnarly.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 11

deepwaterdude

:smokey:
What?!? What the hell does sugar mango cream smell like? C'mon DWD....stick with the more basic descriptions for those of us that are more basic. And NO....I can't identify the color mauve either. :tiphat:

lol, you remember those creamsicles you could get from the ice cream man? Just substitute the orange outside with ripe mango with rich cream inside, then the smell of sugary just cut THC on top. Still got it on my fingers. Gonna do a close trim tomorrow AM. Pics were with big leaves off.

gorilla ganja

Very impressive haul DWD. I love the description, sounds like something I need to get my hands on.

Great Job.

Peace GG

G

Congrats on the harvest DWD! :) She sounds and looks really tasty. I bet you'll like her smoke man,the smell description is very familiar ;)

Also psyched about your coming grow too!Wish you all the best! :tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Holy crystal lather

Holy crystal lather

Thanks all for the good wishes;0) Here are some trimmed harvest pics that do justice to her color and crystal and give a better idea of the yield. I have a killer ball of scissor hash that's getting rolled into the next spliff, so I will technically have my first try of her in a bout ten minutes;).
Looking at pure KC pics, and I've gandered at a many of 'em in my research, looks like the Zam has added some THC to the mix, an extra layer of crystal. KC is a beautiful plant, and these look much like smaller versions of the ones on the website; very vibrant blue/lime green buds with curly, bright red hairs.

Forgot to say, very easy trim, predictable bud shape, very round and easy to deleaf. Smells definitely confirmed; mango with deep sweet cream... soy milk with extra estrogen for OT;)

Attachments

• Oh, lordy does she look good.jpg
    Oh, lordy does she look good.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 17
  • KC like hairs-nanners by yours truly.jpg
    KC like hairs-nanners by yours truly.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Not bad for 8 weeks.jpg
    Not bad for 8 weeks.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 14
  • second basket.jpg
    second basket.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 1st basket trimmed.jpg
    1st basket trimmed.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Chunks.jpg
    Chunks.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Got crystal.jpg
    Got crystal.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 7

deepwaterdude

Very impressive haul DWD. I love the description, sounds like something I need to get my hands on.

Great Job.

Peace GG

Thanks, fellas, kudos obviously go to dubi. The more I think it, if this cross is not available, I'd go for the KC pure or the KC haze. Everything I've read has been super positive, and this cross exhibits mainly KC traits anyhoo.

deepwaterdude

Very nice smells in the grow/dry room;0) New evocative notes hit me in the face the AM upon entry, very strong.
All 3 malawi beans and the 2 Zam x KC have popped after 24 hrs in water. None of the 3 ZamPams have yet cracked. Bigger beans than the others. Happy to see tails, and never been disappointed.
An interesting note as I've heard some bad germination stories recently; I'm at 100% with Ace since i started a couple years back, same with CBG even though a mouse ate 'em. I use the germing for dummies method: leave them in a cup of tapwater for max 48hrs til they pop, would go longer but none have taken longer to crack, then plant them in light/empty mix and away we go. I no longer do humidity domes and in summer no heatmat either, which I definitely use in winter.
I usually use standard seeds stored in the freezer, and of these have popped only 6 GT, 3 NepJam, 4 Panama, 2 Tikal, 3 Bangi Haze, eighteen seeds, for a total of 3 males; 1 stunning Panama, 1 NepJam and one GT I heard about that i gave away due to overpopulation. Everything else I've run and smoked has been from clones of these seed plants. What's that, like 86% female? If dubi didn't change the genetics/parents slightly between fem and standard populations, I'd never get fems;) But he does, so I do. Also some strains only fem, like Panama Haze that I cannot pass up.
If you do the calculations, I ran the last two YEARS on 90$ worth of beans and their easily cloned offspring, happy as a pig. Pretty wild.

Koondense

Veteran
Yeah, with a few ACE seed packs one can be a very happy grower for a long time. And also find keepers!
And make many seeds... ;-)

Ace is THE place.

deepwaterdude

Yeah, with a few ACE seed packs one can be a very happy grower for a long time. And also find keepers!
And make many seeds... ;-)

Ace is THE place.

Damned skippy. Just from the 25 or so GT beans I've got left, I could spend my life on it.

Gotta say, if you're growing out your Zam x KC, the harvest smells are ridiculous, mouthwatering. Worth having S1s;) There's one whose cream is almost cheesy. Absolute antidote to oily malawi.

Koondense

Veteran
Gotta say, if you're growing out your Zam x KC, the harvest smells are ridiculous, mouthwatering. Worth having S1s;) There's one whose cream is almost cheesy. Absolute antidote to oily malawi.

I hope the bit of pollen I dropped on her(S1) will work and produce some nice seeds. if not, there are two surviving clones which may be used for further work, but realistically I think I'll keep them mostly for the quick flowering and gorgeous smell the flowers make in mid flower.
Really something special :)

orfeas

Veteran
... I use the germing for dummies method: leave them in a cup of tapwater for max 48hrs til they pop, would go longer but none have taken longer to crack, then plant them in light/empty mix and away we go...

sheer coincidence I've been cracking me beans the afore said way for quite a few years... that makes it then an unshakable deduction...I am a dummy! :biggrin:
the 48 hr thing is closely related to room temps...I can use at least twice that much when below 20 C ...

I see you've grounded the gas pedal alright...growing CAN be an agreable addiction ;)

:tiphat:Orfeas

deepwaterdude

sheer coincidence I've been cracking me beans the afore said way for quite a few years... that makes it then an unshakable deduction...I am a dummy! :biggrin:
the 48 hr thing is closely related to room temps...I can use at least twice that much when below 20 C ...

I see you've grounded the gas pedal alright...growing CAN be an agreable addiction ;)

True that; the idea of having nothing going is anxiety producing;)

Speaking of the gas pedal, things are fattening up at 8.5 weeks 12/12, just H2O and molasses right now, hopefully another full week, ten days. I've staked up Lady S and ZamTam to best light advantage, dropped LEDs a bit.
And only one tadpole left to crack, one of the ZAmPams. All others should go in their 4" pots today.:dance013:

Attachments

• Lady S under cola.jpg
    Lady S under cola.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Lady S flop tops.jpg
    Lady S flop tops.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 14
  • getting there, getting heavy.jpg
    getting there, getting heavy.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 11
  • little clone along for the ride.jpg
    little clone along for the ride.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Newly staked:spread branches.jpg
    Newly staked:spread branches.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Front top.jpg
    Front top.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Bottoms under hps.jpg
    Bottoms under hps.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 10
  • ZAmTam bottom buds finally getting light.jpg
    ZAmTam bottom buds finally getting light.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 14
  • Back top.jpg
    Back top.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Back tops.jpg
    Back tops.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 12

deepwaterdude

The two in 3 gals are fattening a bit, and still need to fade. To the eye and to the microscope they're pretty ready, just seeing if I can't get them to use up a bit more of their stored nutes.

**Just in case, the tadpoles I was referring to are the seeds that've just cracked in water. One still to go. Was a floater.

Attachments

• Tops are fattening.jpg
    Tops are fattening.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 12
  • My reference top.jpg
    My reference top.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Puttin on a bit of swell.jpg
    Puttin on a bit of swell.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 12
  • I love black plants.jpg
    I love black plants.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 14
  • beast.jpg
    beast.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 8.5 weeks.jpg
    8.5 weeks.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Bottom buds peering out.jpg
    Bottom buds peering out.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 6

orfeas

Veteran
True that; the idea of having nothing going is anxiety producing

Speaking of the gas pedal, things are fattening up at 8.5 weeks 12/12, just H2O and molasses right now, hopefully another full week, ten days. I've staked up Lady S and ZamTam to best light advantage, dropped LEDs a bit.
And only one tadpole left to crack, one of the ZAmPams. All others should go in their 4" pots today.

You're a combatant lad alright! Keep it up, keep it up ;)
and that Lady looks so mesmerising :) sort of an artistic collage altogether over there, w/d ! :)

As for the floater, mine always contemplate on the surface for a while before they take the plunge :biggrin: