What's new

2012 Legalization Effort Starts

R

rick shaw

It isn't what California has done,it's what California hasn't done.What is needed is proper regulation that can be modified as necessary. What can you expect with no guidelines. In SF the mmj advisory board is made up of dispensary owners.
What happened with the financial industry when we trusted them to self regulate lol.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Originally Posted by Rednick
I guess my question is...
What are you (or the general public) fearful of in NY that Cali has done?

have a look in the 19 threads..
see how many people told others "just go get a rec"
that is the problem other states point to...
but you know that already :jerkit:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
As long as there is the definition of medical use in print, I would think that many lawmakers could find security in that.

Some of us are medicating hangnails with bonghits...

T

THE PABLOS

For all the folks that don't believe that the highest quality Cannabis can be produced by the ton, even if all efforts are focused on quality by the large commercial grower.
I ask you what is the limit a single person can produce that will be of the very highest quality? Can a couple do twice that? Can a family do even more? What about co-operatives that share clones, growing methods, etc?
What is the limit that the very highest quality Cannabis can be produced? 1 LB, 10LB, 100LB? Per week, month, year?

I understand that some folks don't like or want big agriculture, organic or not, to grow their food or Cannabis, but what percentage of the total food consumed in America is not produced by big agriculture? Less the 5% is my guess.
Now don't get me wrong, I have fought big biz take over of agriculture and the seed and food biz for 40 years+. I grow a lot of my own food organically and bio-dynamically, and have for years. But that is not how mainstream America works, they want cheap food, that is their main worry. As for non Americans, or the people that are not getting enough to eat, for sure they do not care, they just want to be sure they eat.
I want Cannabis to be mainstream, not special in any way, why should it be?
Normalize it like all other American products.
-SamS

Normalized like other American products? That's where we part ways in view points. I agree with the rest.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
my favorite is "anxiety"
people who have true panic/anxiety disorders should not use strong cannabis or concentrates. nor should they use any other hallucinogen. it has a propensity to induce episodes in those persons. most of the "bad trips" you hear about LSD and "bad experiences" with pot are in reality just anxiety/panic attacks...

T

THE PABLOS

See the thing is, it's not what JJ thinks, or me, or east coast people, or anyone on ic. It's the general "voting" public. Cali has clearly run that place into some crazy weed heaven. While I like that, not everyone else does. The obvious flaunting of the laws that many in cali hide behind and laugh about to themselves is PRECISELY why no law with anywhere near as lax growing laws will be set up anywhere else. Especially if those roll backs i've been reading about in the "medical is done in CA" thread are true, it seems the backlash has finally worked its way into ca itself. the fact that medical is a joke in cali is what is making lawmakers elsewhere weary of a med program.

That is a perception....a crazy weed heaven....just a perception. I can give you others if you like. Roll backs...roll forwards...it's been happening since '96. O....it is not a joke....that is another perception....and again...I can give you a counter perception.

Last edited:
T

THE PABLOS

most people dont have the means to grow their own food. the ouse i was in had a decent sized yard, but then went in a basketball court and a pool ... and so on and so on. not to mention i just dont have the time or care to grow my own food. i have a few fruit trees on the back hill, but im damn scared to eat whatever it is that grows. i goto the store and all the food taste pretty damn good to me. i dont keep up with all the heres and theres of agriculture. but im kinda getting tired of everyone acting as if the food in the stores is diseased and rotten and bad for you. maybe i just am not educated in that department, or maybe i just dont care to be. i buy it, i eat it, hunger goes away, and i continue living another day. if there is something in this equation i am missing i have yet to comprehend it....all this talk of strictly organic and biodynamic food just makes me think of all the people living in teepees and tents around eddy lepps house who also tried to tell me of the life energy forces of trees and rocks and dirt. maybe i just havent eaten enough lsd to get on that level....

No dude....you are correct. If you don't care about what you eat or your overall health....a garden is a waste of time.

Depends on how you go through life. It is not hippy stuff....wanting to treat yourself well. It's a life discipline and not for the masses apparently. I understand that.

T

THE PABLOS

my favorite is "anxiety"
people who have true panic/anxiety disorders should not use strong cannabis or concentrates. nor should they use any other hallucinogen. it has a propensity to induce episodes in those persons. most of the "bad trips" you hear about LSD and "bad experiences" with pot are in reality just anxiety/panic attacks...

Yup I agree there....works wonders in a tincture for migraines....but I wouldn't urge those with anxiety to indulge.

my favorite is "anxiety"

complete and utter garbage, once again. I worked at a dispensary and dealt with many anxiety patients. Some preferred genetics to help them deal with their anxiety includes: purple kush, romulan, and mango. These have high THC, and a decent amount of CBD, but it is the terpenes that dictate the overall experience. You are correct in thinking that most varieties do not help anxiety (the sativa dominant varieties). But you are way off if you think cannabis can't help people cope with anxiety, ocd, and other neurological conditions. There are a vast array of affects from Cannabis, and this varies from person to person. Consider yourself informed. Stop hating, being ignorant, and open your mind to the medicinal properties of Cannabis.

My good friend has his medical in WA state for ADHD/anxiety attacks. Cannabis is the only thing that helps his "shaky leg syndrome" and other anxiety related issues.

CANNABIS FOR ANXIETY (learn this, as dag's ignorance is staggering as well as typical.)

Strains Used for Medical Reasons. (17 varieties treat anxiety)

(AFGHANIE+ HAZE) PMS, Lower Body Pain.
(AK-47)or (AK-48) Pain, Nausea, Depression, Insomnia, Headache
(ALIEN TRAIN WRECK) Asthma
(APOLLO 13) Back Pain
(AUNTIE EM) Crohn’s Disease, MS
(AURORA B) Nausea, Joint Pain, Arthritis
(BERRY-BOLT) Insomnia, Joint Pain
(BIG BANG) Severe Anxiety, Stress, Etc.. Cannabis Cup Winner
(BIG KAHUNA) Herniated Disc Pain, Arthritis
(BLACK ON BLUE WIDOW) HIV, Back Pain
(BLACK VIETNAMESE) Nausea, Muscle Spasms, Pain
(BLUE FRUIT) Chron’s Disease, Muscle Spasms
(BLUE MOONSHINE) Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia
(BLUE SATELLITE+ JACK HERER) Depression, Nausea
(BLUE SATELLITE) Pain, Nausea, Insomnia, Anxiety, Muscle Tension
(BLUEBERRY) Nausea, Insomnia, Pain
(BOG SOUR BUBBLE) Pain, Anxiety
(BONZO BUD) Body Pain, Migraine
(BUDACOLUMBIA) Nausea
(BURMABERRY) Migraine, Depression
(BURMESE KUSH) Anxiety, Depression
(C99+ GREAT WHITE SHARK) Anxiety
(CALI-O) Nausea
(CATALYST) PMS
(CINDERELLA 99) Nausea
(CIT) Pain, Nausea, Insomnia
(CITRAL) Insomnia
(CRIPPLE CREEk) Hepatitis C, IBS, Degenerative Disc Disease,
(DEEP CHUNK) Joint Pain, Insomnia
(DYNAMITE) Asthma, Crohn’s Disease, Hepatitis C
(NYC SOUR DIESEL) Edema, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Radiculopathy
(EL NINO) Nausea, Insomnia
(FIELDALE HAZE) Anxiety, Back Pain
(FIG WIDOW) Back Pain, Psychosis
(FIRECRACKER) Anxiety, Depression, Nausea
(G13+HP) Nausea, Joint Pain, Insomnia
(G-13) Depression, Pain, ADD, ADHD
(GRAPEFRUIT) Arthritis, Hepatitis C, Pain, Nausea
(GREEN QUEEN) Epilepsy, Neck/Spine Pain
(GREEN SPIRIT+TIMEWARP+HERIJUANA) RLS, Insomnia, migraine, Joint Pain
(GREEN SPIRIT) Nausea, Headache, Body Pain
(HERIJUANA+TRAINWRECK) Diabetic Neuropathy, Joint Pain, Insomnia, MS
(HERIJUANA) Pain, Nausea, Insomnia
(ICE PRINCESS+BUBBLEGUM) Migraine
(JACK HERER) Anxiety, Fibromyalgia
(JUICY FRUIT) Insomnia, Joint Pain, Anxiety
(KALI MIST) Nausea, Depression
(KAL-X) Body Pain
(KILLER QUEEN) Depression, Back Pain
(KRINKLE+KUSH+FREEZELAND) MS Muscle Spasms
(LEDA UNO) Insomnia
(LEGENDS ULTIMATE INDICA + HERIJUANA) Muscle Spasms, Pain
(LEGENDS ULTIMATE INDICA) Insomnia, IBS
(LEMON CHEMO) Insomnia, Back Pain, Migraine
(LEMON HAZE) RLS, Chronic Fatigue
(LIFESAVER) Nausea, Headache, Pain, Insomnia
(LOLLIPOP) General Seizures, Glaucoma, MS, General Pain, Cachexia
(LOWRYDER) Nausea, Pain, Headache
(LSD) Nausea, Anxiety, Depression, Headache
(M-39) Depression
(MAGIC CRYSTAL) Migraine, PMS, depression, SADS, Mania, Nausea.
(MANGO x NORTHERN LIGHTS #5) Pain, Nausea, Insomnia, Anxiety.
(MASTER KUSH) Nausea, Pain.
(MEDICINE WOMAN) Diabetic Neuropathy, General Pain, General Seizures, Glaucoma, Hepatitis C, Muscle Spasms, Nausea, Radiculopathy.
(MISTY) Hepatitis C, Back Pain, Insomnia, Nausea.
(MOTAREBEL OGUANA KUSH) Nerve Pain, Muscle Spasms, Back Pain, Headache, Insomnia.
(MOUNTAINBERRY) Insomnia, Migraine, Pain.
(NORTHERN LIGHTS #1) Arthritis.
(NORTHERN LIGHTS #2) Nausea, Insomnia.
(NORTHERN LIGHTS x JAMAICAN) Arthritis.
(NORTHERN LIGHTS x CINDERELLA 99) Depression.
(NORTHERN LIGHTS x SHIVA) Body pain, Back Pain, Toothache.
(NORTHERN LIGHTS) Anxiety, Radiculopathy, Insomnia.
(NORTHERNBERRY) All around Pain.
(OREGON 90) Insomnia, Joint Pain, RLS, Pain, Nausea.
(ORIGINAL MYSTIC) Epilepsy.
(OG KUSH PURPLE) Leg Pain, Knee, Butt Pain.
(PHAGHT BETTY) Cachexia, Degenerative Bone/Disc Disease, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
(QUEEN BEE) Neck/Spine Pain.
(SENSI STAR) Migraine, PMS, Back Pain.
(SHISKABERRY x DUTCH TREAT) Migraine, Anxiety, Insomnia, Nausea.
(SHISKABERRY x HASH PLANT) Anxiety, Nausea..
(SKUNK #1) Nausea, Food Issues.
(SNOW WHITE) PMS, Head akes.
(SOUR CREAM) Insomnia, Joint Pain, Nausea.
(STARDUST 13) Pain, Nausea, Insomnia.
(STRAWBERRY COUGH) Back Pain, Depression.
(SUPER IMPACT x AK-47) Pain, Insomnia, mood swings.
(SUPER IMPACT) Nausea, Insomnia, Muscle Pain, Depression, Anxiety, SADS, Mania.
(SUPER SILVER HAZE) Nausea, Depression, one of my top 10 favs.
(SUPER THAI) Depression.
(SWEET BLU) Degenerative Bone/Disc Disease, Diabetic Neuropathy, Edema, Fibromyalgia, Muscle Spasms, Nausea, Neck/Spine Pain.
(SWEET TOOTH #3) Depression, mood swings
(TRAINWRECK x HERIJUANA) Nausea,
(TRAINWRECK) Anxiety, Arthritis, Diabetic Neuropathy, Depression.
(TW x LUI) Arthritis, Nausea.
(TX) Arthritis, Asthma, General Pain, General Seizures, Glaucoma, MS.
(ULTRA GREEN) Insomnia.
(WAKEFORD) Anxiety, Nausea, Insomnia.
(WHITE RHINO) Body Pain, Back Pain, Joint Pain, Insomnia.
(WHITE RUSSIAN) Pain, Nausea.
(WHITE WIDOW x BIG BUD) Depression.
(WHITE WIDOW) Cachexia, Hepatitis C, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
@Dagnabit
(choose one)
Are you a ? :
Cop
Soccer Mom
Disenfranchised Grower
Graduate Psych Student (like Yummybud)
Just plain pissed off at the world

You know what, YOU should be in charge of our PR. To what corp do I make out the check to?

For anxiety, I suggest something with the 'Couch-lock' effect, usually higher in the CBN, CBD and other cannabinoids. You may know them as 'Cough' or 'Kush' or even the right 'Haze'.

Rednick

Veteran
But really how long can this maintain? A system in which marijuana is pretty much legal, yet its not. Sooner or later legalization will be implemented, and it will be taxed, regulated and licensed. The sooner people accept that, the sooner we can move on and work together to make it a system that will benefit us all, from the consumer, to the producer, to the distributors and everyone inbetween.

-BhT out...:wave:
If you have an extra day or two, you can read all the bullshit coming out of my State's legislature. (people fighting over money, again)
No one has answered me WHY the first proposed laws dealt with Zoning (and continue to do so). And those who know don't answer, they are smarter than me, and keep their traps shut!

"A house divided against itself cannot stand", Honest Abe.

@Dagnabit
(choose one)
Are you a ? :
Cop
Soccer Mom
Disenfranchised Grower

You know what, YOU should be in charge of our PR. To what corp do I make out the check to?

LMAO :laughing: I think the last one is hitting the nail on the head, just angry and ignorant. All checks payable to dagcorp llc, a subsidiary of Monsanto, in partnership with McDonalds.

Rednick

Veteran
"Any use is medical"

This phrase has me torn between shaking my head and laughing hysterically.
Kinda like Marijuana is a Schedule I Narcotic and Dronabinol is a Schedule III?
Or coke and meth are Schedule II?
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Dronabinol in sesame oil in soft gelatin capsule [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]7369 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]N [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Marinol, synthetic THC in sesame oil/soft gelatin [/SIZE][/FONT]
http://www.justice.gov/dea/pubs/scheduling.html
:blowbubbles:

Now pardon me while I get back to my Soma line, it's a brave new world out here.

T

THE PABLOS

@Dagnabit
(choose one)
Are you a ? :
Cop
Soccer Mom
Disenfranchised Grower

For anxiety, I suggest something with the 'Couch-lock' effect, usually higher in the CBN, CBD and other cannabinoids. You may know them as 'Cough' or 'Kush' or even the right 'Haze'.

Nah man....Dag is a good dude....he is just passionate about his position. Game bred....just the way he works it.

No reason for us internet entities to get aggro...just discussion not sides....alternative points of view.

Honestly...I'd not refer Cannabis to someone with anxiety issues...there are much better herbs for that. Cannabis is way misused and mis prescribed...Research herbs..

It could easily take a person with anxiety issues to the wrong place....and like I said for no reason...there are better herbs for anxiety.

This Medical movement miss uses Cannabis big time...I'm surprised more peeps that claim the benefits of Medical Marijuana don't go beyond Cannabis....and look into other herbs. I sense a lack of true concern for their medical needs if they don't research herbs further than just one. One out of thousands...that are not regulated by law.

Getting high is what it comes down for most....but being high is not necessarily a medical benefit. It is no surprise really...Marijuana has been repressed from us for so long that any chance at being able to cultivate and possess it....creates illnesses that "need" to be cured by Mary Jane. And since there is no proof that it helps all these ailments that arise in our society...and no proof saying it doesn't....it's up to the individual patient to decide in the end.....

...but they should inform themselves on other alternative herbs if they are going this route in their health care and be honest about what they are really doing.

...but they should inform themselves on other alternative herbs if they are going this route in their health care and be honest about what they are really doing.

Just from my first hand dispensary experience... the patients with anxiety are using tinctures with other medicinal herbs in the tincture. The cannabinoids are just part of the medicine. That is well known and goes way back. I'm no herbalist, but some of the herbs/spices I remember are St. Johns wort, ginko, cinnamon, poppy, bunch of other stuff... anyways. The point being that the patients with anxiety are taking tinctures with mixed medicinal herbs. These tinctures are actually certified organic because the maker got his marijuana certified.

You can get a tincture designed by the herbalist for anxiety, or one to make your dick stiffer, whatever ya need, it all depends on the other herbs. Cannabis is just part of the medicine. I use the one for cold/flu because its designed for the immune system.

But most folks are just at the dispensary to buy some bud or hash. The dispensary I worked at has the best tinctures around, so my viewpoint is skewed. The employees are BIG TIME tincture users. We had this chocolate tincture for the employees... it makes you horny ;)