What's new

2012 Legalization Effort Starts

BrainSellz

Veteran
"The group is setting itself up as a tax-exempt, nonprofit 501(c)4 corporation for fund-raising, and so will not have to disclose donors."

Nice!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Big business cant force there way in until it is federally legalized. Relax the laws more and get more people growing so we can finish over growing the government and force federal legalization. then don't worry about it because there will always be a market fr the highest quality, and that can just not be produced on a giant corporate level. The market will become just like wine. there is amazing single vineyard wines out there that make a killing. there is also cheap crap for the uneducated masses, and they make a killing too. In the wonderful world of capitalism there is room for all types of markets. I cant wait to see the fine hashish market my self. 45 to 120 micron dry sift from 4 months cured buds. mmmmmm

http://theweek.com/article/index/208955/legalizing-marijuana-the-drive-for-2012 some national opinions

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
We want to let big biz in to normalize the trade.
Sure medical is great for the growers, but what about the majority of smokers that are not medical users? Do we just throw them in jail? Or make them pretend to be patients to protect the growers income?
Anyone that thinks Cannabis should be kept illegal so they can continue to make money is not a friend of any Cannabis patient/smoker.
I look forward to full taxed and regulated Cannabis, and I know the price will drop dramatically when it happens. Cannabis can be grown for the same costs as other agricultural crops, name any that sell for over $1000 a pound? Legal Cannabis will be a few hundred dollars a pound un-manicured, at the most.
Anyone that says illegal Cannabis is better, is a self serving person that most likely cares more about money then people, I say shame!
Not that they care, as long as they are all OK.
I am not accusing anyone of being a self serving person, you know if you are or not.

-SamS

DICK! lol That's the thing. We got medical... why let big biz in? It's a tough question for those of us who depend on the cannabis industry for income.

G

Guest 88950

im glad to see that Mr Lee wasnt a 1 shot wonder and he is putting up his cash to continue pushing for Legalization.

i think it unselfish of him and his supporters to fund another go at legalization.

pimpjuice

I have no shame at all. When I read sams posts I always wonder how much that old fart made in the 70's till now growing. What? Like enough to retire.

pimpjuice

Can't wait to see sams monsanto round up ready varieties. Gotta love how big biz does it up!

ion

sam skunk says......Anyone that says illegal Cannabis is better, is a self serving person that most likely cares more about money then people, I say shame!

i do care about money and hope it stays illegal.......one could also say that anyone that wants cannabis legalized doesnt care about cannabis and has WAY too much faith in our culture/society. commercialized cannabis makes me wanna puke, i understand the medical side and support it but legal across the board is a bad idea........you think once its legal yer little utopian ideas about how's its gonna pan out will usher in a new era of rights for smokers?...........lets try it this way; people who want it legal are very naive about our consumer society, corporate fuckwadness, and us.gov. this aint about setting people free/making$$/old-tokers' wet dreams...

O

OrganicOzarks

I said for a year and a half that 2012 was the year, and that Dick Lee was told to wait. He didn't, and looked what happened. Told you so! Told you so! Told you so! This will be a better initiative, and it will pass. To bad Dick didn't listen.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Just wondering if you buy any big biz products like food, alcohol, automobiles, gasoline, clothing, travel in airplanes, use pharmaceutical products, phones, computers, or any of the other commercialized products or services?
It is not about a utopia like you imply, it is about beginning the path that will lead to full legalization nationwide and worldwide, if you think it is better as it is that is most likely because you are young and do not understand the effects the laws against Cannabis have caused, in California, the Nation, and Worldwide. It would have to be better legal, period. The arrests must stop.
I am not going to waste my time arguing with you because you have no idea of what you speak, to accuse me of having faith in the government, what a joke, you live in the USA, not me, I have no faith in the government at all and left more then 25 years ago.
SamS

sam skunk says......Anyone that says illegal Cannabis is better, is a self serving person that most likely cares more about money then people, I say shame!

i do care about money and hope it stays illegal.......one could also say that anyone that wants cannabis legalized doesnt care about cannabis and has WAY too much faith in our culture/society. commercialized cannabis makes me wanna puke, i understand the medical side and support it but legal across the board is a bad idea........you think once its legal yer little utopian ideas about how's its gonna pan out will usher in a new era of rights for smokers?...........lets try it this way; people who want it legal are very naive about our consumer society, corporate fuckwadness, and us.gov. this aint about setting people free/making$$/old-tokers' wet dreams...

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I have no problem with people that made money from Cannabis in any way.
My problem is with the people that want to keep it illegal to keep the prices high, because they are growers or sellers and don't want to lose income. That is not right, to profit while others continue to suffer under the law because Cannabis is illegal, and to work to keep it that way.
-SamS

I have no shame at all. When I read sams posts I always wonder how much that old fart made in the 70's till now growing. What? Like enough to retire.

pimpjuice

this is a joke right?

It is. Most people I know that are sam's age want the industry to hold out, they aren't making enough on pensions, social security is a joke, they were forced out of jobs to make way for younger folk. Not Sam though, sounds like he's sitting pretty.

Latest posts

Latest posts