What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2011 Norcal Intel

nomaad

Veteran
I'd like to hear reports of busts, "compliance checks", fly-overs, DEA Agents having breakfast at the local coffee shop.

Mainly I am interested in formulating an idea of whether this year is shaping up to be better, worse or the same as previous years.

McDank8O5

Only NorCal?

I've seen BLM helicopters out all over the central coast, (Federal Bureau of Land Management) so far other than that it's only been local sheriffs. I have been flown twice thus far, I saw nowhere near this amount of activity last season.

Not NorCal but for other parts of the state it's looking worse

nomaad

Veteran
Only NorCal?

I've seen BLM helicopters out all over the central coast, (Federal Bureau of Land Management) so far other that than it's only been local sheriffs. I have been flown twice thus far, I saw nowhere near this amount of activity last season.

Not NorCal but for other parts of the state it's looking worse

It was lame of me to exclude my brothers south of Santa Rosa. I encourage everybody to share their impressions.

McDank8O5

It's all good, understandable considering the activity difference between here and there is like night and day. It's bird season folks.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
havent seen anything out of the ordinary in butte county...they did pass an ordinance limiting grows to 6 plants so some of the locals are worried though....

ziggyzane

im in socal they're flying over my property everyday. Cant say that they are looking for grows though im sorta in the city, sorta near the hills, so the they're always flying. im sure they have seen my grow.

Yeoman

Cal Fire and local private ranchers reconnoitering frequently. Nothing out of the norm so far this season in my neck of the woods. I will keep this forum posted. Thanks for getting this topic going nomaad!

Regards,

Last two days I have seen heli's going on a scavenger hunt. Drove by the Ukiah airport and counted 7 birds. seems that they are gonna be busy.

S

SicKSKills

Less flying so far than last year and Im a stones throw from the Rosa airport so I see them coming and going in their various choppers, green and gold, small white, small black, and a large blue and white. Seen em doing grids over sebastopol twice this week while visiting other gardens. And its never too early, there is already large batches of fresh depos coming down, not to mention the large autoflowering grows. Unless they are circling or hovering over your spot you should be fine and even then they don't have enough man power to visit every garden they find by air. Last year I was circled 3 times, like war zone status, two days in a row and they still never sent a ground unit up.

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
R&R wellness (Sac Area) was forced closed today - for operating as a for profit business and not a Non-Profit. Local and state police have closed I believe five or six Disp. in the Valley for the reason of profit.

growbig789

it just kinda seems there's been a bit more anti-marijuana pressure this past 7 months since prop 19 didn't pass.. to me at least. All these headlines about a bit more pressure from the feds coming down on the med states, local ordinances on cultivation restrictions and outright dispensary bans. maybe they are getting worried because they saw how close prop 19 was and want to push back a bit... anyway it just seems the overall climate this year is a bit more hostile..

haven't seen any first hand enforcement issues but I'm not really in a position to have that problem :)

Mrpiston38

Im in northern 805, less then a block from the airport. I havent seen one ghetto birds out of this area, yet i know inforcment will be heavy in SO 805, be safe out there guys.

A friend had Sheriffs snooping around a large building for several weeks. At one point was asked if the Sheriff could come in. Denied.

Recent random visit from the building inspector..surely triggered by the nosy cop that wasn't allowed access. Just had to know what was going on. Dildo way to pry IMO

Small town in the Santa Rosa area.

northstate

ICMag Donor
Good topic, tis the season... Nothing too strange from the upper 530 just the usual CHP plane (white with blue tips) doing some laps around the valley. Keep the community informed everybody and have a good one. NS

R

Rysam

All clear at my spot in the 530...so far.

Edit..the fog is clearing for a minute....maybe its just stoner paranoia but there was a small bubble type helicopter doing low laps over the town last week, but surely its too early to be worried. I havent heard of anything going down though or seen him since. Tried to get a pic but he was too far for my phone..

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I live in the 831....seen helo's but not sure who they are? I just am doing my 1st ever outdoor but only 6 plants but wondering myself?

jescowhite

2011 Norcal Intel

2nd time I've watched a bird do a low flyover on the ridge next to me. Hopefully on it's way to check out national Forrest land & timber co property :).

Didn't pause to count anything just cruised nice an low. Big green military looking helli

sbtransplant

I saw a single bird flying about a week ago in south 530 area in perfect slow and straight lines, kinda high altitude but only maybe 2 or 3000 feet. Spot light on in the middle of the day, bird was all black, not too big but looked new and fast. I thought it was strange.