What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2011 Norcal Intel

Tom Hill

Veteran
They've been training spotters for the past ten or so days in Nor/Men So/Hum. Fixed wing blue fuselage with red out on the wings circling prior to chopper confirmation a couple days later. They both fixed and whirlies slammed on the brakes and circled me last week, nothing out of the ordinary though. This is the usual wrap-up of phase 3, prior to the actual eradication (phase 4). This will be dominated with the stuff that brings them the best headlines for the easiest work. Same ole same ole, pray they run out of fuel money before they get so hard up as to mess with the likes of our peaceful measly asses :) Best of luck to all the folks out there. -T

nomaad

Veteran
This seems to be a daily thing out of the ukiah airport. I've heard people say as many as 14! Potter valley is getting flown hard, .

The aircraft flying out of Ukiah are likely gathering intel for the annual October 1st operation.

2009: Island Mountain
2010: Covelo
2011: Potter Valley?????

There was an IC post from 2009... first or second week of October, just after the big multi-agency op in N. Mendo that had a link to the raw audio from a 40 minute post-game press conference with all the lead agents from the agencies involved. Wish I had the link handy. Best intel ever.

jescowhite

2011 Norcal Intel

Copters have left ukiah airport and moved on to "camp covelo". I got this info from the applebees bartender by the airport, (they always bunk at the Hampton inn & get sheit faced @ applebees lol) About f'ing time for them to move on, other than that they were cruising the 101 corridor Friday-Saturday.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
So Cal seems a little lighter so far this year, however theres new birds around thats for sure. Theres a new sheriffs one I didn't see at all last year.

Seen the blue n white chopper off quite a ways doin some laps and was wondering if it was Customs or DEA, guess I know now.

I'm seeing more n more activity the past month, only gonna get busier.

ithruxix

101 north seemed to have a few unmarked patrolling. Blue and white flying over north sr/east sebastopol this morning.

Not too worried.

jescowhite

trinity river area (humboldt / trinity border area) has been getting flown hard this week according to my bros. blackhawks & the blue/white dea copter.

northstate

ICMag Donor
Saw the blue/white chopper w/flir six days ago come over the ridge from Trinity Co. and go up a couple canyons poking around...flying alone. Fixed wing white with blue wing tips around often, but that is CHP up here...NS

S

SicKSKills

There out hot today, already seen 4 coming back in to the airport while I was out watering, all the same style small dark blue bubble type(i thought they were black for a while). Thursday I saw the large military style heli they use for actual load eradication heading east towards the lake/sonoma border area, must have found something good...

Blue and white flew over our patch 3-4 days ago. Lake county. Circled around several times, obviously taking pictures etc.

Guess it's time to brace for a face to face.

they have started. one of my buddies had his garden stepped on by the sheriffs. he was plenty bummed but better after a bowl. stay safe.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
im on the other side of the country so this doesnt pertain to you guys but ive been watching an over winged blue and white Cessna flying grids for the past 2 weeks. curious as to what they are doing up there... maybe they take aerial photography and overlay onto previous years to find the larger crops... who knows

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Wow, with no opportunity to show paperwork or nothin. Probably wasn't a sheriff, Sonoma coumty Sherriffs are typically decent to deal with. They just were in my buddies GH and left him alone with 90.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
this intel isnt lookin pretty for being so early....the 707 sounds hot right now. did they at least leave the baseline 25 plants at that mendo property? my ladies are all across the valley in butte and we havent heard of any walkins just yet...but if you are under the limits they usually leave you alone at least they did at my buddies big garden last year..

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
shit and almost everything flies down 101 to the markets....on my last drive down 101 i only saw one CHP but im sure they are gonna have added cops on that corridor...seems they would be more interested in money going up that LBs coming down...i think im gona start carrying around wine samples and vineyard stuff so i can use that as a cover if i ever get blurped...

Latest posts

Latest posts