What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2011 Norcal Intel

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Good that a measure to control out of control grow ops has passed.

Bad that my privacy rights with regard to PG&E and city governement have been once again trampled.

minds_I

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
if that PGE tax makes it to more cities you can pretty much say good bye to indoor growing for profit...unless you can lock down a warehouse or run off the grid generators...even my small 5kw indoor grow would be costing over 1k a month in power.

i like growing in the open sun better anyways!

Hossauce

More CAMP funding

More CAMP funding

Well it looks as if CAMP has had an influx of cash with the recent election. I've been hearing choppers all morning, for the first time in over a month. I even had my first fly by, which I did expect, but months ago. Straight line right to our hill, 3 tight low circles, then moved on. They also hovered the neighboring hill, and I'm still hearing them on the horizon. I'm assuming this is their last minute desperation to check out those ops they've had their eye on, but just didn't have the money.

nomaad

Veteran
so... based on the presidential election of this past week, CAMP has been refunded and is flying your ridge? LOL.

i mean, no doubt there are helos buzzing your hill, but your assumption is preposterous.

there are dozens of federal, state and local agencies flying choppers. what remains of CAMP is just one of them and I'm pretty sure their budgetary problems since Gov. Jerry defunded them have not been solved by the re-election of the president.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Truckee pot bust nets 30 lbs. worth $75k

Truckee pot bust nets 30 lbs. worth $75k

RENO, Nev. (AP) — Police have seized 30 pounds of marijuana at a growing operation in a residential neighborhood in Truckee, Calif.

KRNV-TV reports Truckee police seized the pot Friday while investigating a suspicious person in the Sierra Meadows neighborhood. One person has been arrested and potential suspects are under investigation.

Police say the processed marijuana had been packaged for sale in pound and half-pound quantities. They estimate it had a minimum street value of $75,000.

Police have not released the name of the suspect or address of the residence.

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
EMERYVILLE -- A 2,000-square-foot warehouse where police last week seized 400 pounds of marijuana with a street value of at least $250,000 was a distribution center and not a grow house, authorities said Tuesday.

Officer Brian Head said the weed, which was found in buckets and bags, had been grown elsewhere and brought to the warehouse in the 4300 block of Halleck Street where an assembly line of workers apparently packaged it for sale.

Head said normally the growing, harvesting and distribution all happen in the same location.

Head said no arrests have been made so far and the grow site has not been located.

So far no one has come forward claiming the marijuana was being grown for a medicinal dispensary, authorities said.

Police said one person with an apparent link to the warehouse, which is near where Interstates 80 and 580 merge and years ago used to be a newspaper distribution center, claimed it was now being used as a skateboard manufacturing center.

But Head said police only found four skateboards with no wheels in a box.

He said police were tipped off to the operation by people in the area who became suspicious of people coming and going from the warehouse at all times. Some also said they could detect the odor of marijuana coming from inside.

Head said officers did follow-up work which led to the issuance of a search warrant and the discovery of the marijuana last Thursday morning.

He said
Advertisement
the warehouse was "strictly a processing center" where workers would pick the marijuana off stems and ready it for distribution. Police found evidence that eight to 10 people would sit in a row at "work stations" atop tables "removing cannabis from the stems." Police believe the operation had been going on for at least several months.

Police said it also appears the operation was stealing electricity from an adjacent warehouse.

The pot seizure was Emeryville's largest in the last decade, authorities said.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I knew that shroom farm was UP TO NO GOOD...wow right in my backyard!

I knew that shroom farm was UP TO NO GOOD...wow right in my backyard!

Record indoor marijuana bust: 3,600 plants seized at former Watsonville mushroom farm

WATSONVILLE -- In what authorities are calling the largest indoor marijuana bust in county history, two men were arrested and more than 3,600 pot plants were seized Tuesday at a former mushroom farm off Highway 152, the Santa Cruz County Anti-Crime Team reported.

After an eight-month investigation, officers executed a search warrant at 20 Hecker Pass Road at 8:45 a.m., said Sgt. Eric Montalbo, the team's supervisor.

Mark Boutwell, 63, and Cecil Doug Tanner, 67, were arrested at the site, a mushroom farm that had been out of operation for years, Montalbo said. He added that Tanner owned the farm under the business name Ariel Mushrooms.

Investigators found 120 pounds of processed marijuana packed for sale, more than 3,600 plants in four different grow rooms, and tens of thousands of dollars worth of growing equipment, Montalbo said.

Based on the farm raid, agents were able to secure further search warrants for Tanner's home at 70 Magnolia Drive and his business Tanner Development Inc., at 930 Freedom Blvd., both in Watsonville, Montalbo said. Investigators also searched Boutwell's home on Foothill Drive in Monterey County.

Searches of these locations turned up documentation that Tanner had paid over $100,000 in PG&E bills for the grow operation within the past two years, Montalbo said.

He said agents also found more than 10 pounds of processed marijuana at Boutwells' house.

Tanner and Boutwell were arrested on suspicion of cultivation of marijuana and possession for sale of marijuana.
Montalbo estimated the wholesale value of the marijuana seized at $220,000, and said the operation could have yielded $800,000 to $1 million a year.

The Santa Cruz County Anti Crime Team asked anyone who has information about the case to call 831-454-2320.

Madjag

Veteran
Record indoor marijuana bust: 3,600 plants seized at former Watsonville mushroom farm

WATSONVILLE -- In what authorities are calling the largest indoor marijuana bust in county history, two men were arrested and more than 3,600 pot plants were seized Tuesday at a former mushroom farm off Highway 152, the Santa Cruz County Anti-Crime Team reported.

After an eight-month investigation, officers executed a search warrant at 20 Hecker Pass Road at 8:45 a.m., said Sgt. Eric Montalbo, the team's supervisor.

Mark Boutwell, 63, and Cecil Doug Tanner, 67, were arrested at the site, a mushroom farm that had been out of operation for years, Montalbo said. He added that Tanner owned the farm under the business name Ariel Mushrooms.

Investigators found 120 pounds of processed marijuana packed for sale, more than 3,600 plants in four different grow rooms, and tens of thousands of dollars worth of growing equipment, Montalbo said.

Based on the farm raid, agents were able to secure further search warrants for Tanner's home at 70 Magnolia Drive and his business Tanner Development Inc., at 930 Freedom Blvd., both in Watsonville, Montalbo said. Investigators also searched Boutwell's home on Foothill Drive in Monterey County.

Searches of these locations turned up documentation that Tanner had paid over $100,000 in PG&E bills for the grow operation within the past two years, Montalbo said.

He said agents also found more than 10 pounds of processed marijuana at Boutwells' house.

Tanner and Boutwell were arrested on suspicion of cultivation of marijuana and possession for sale of marijuana.
Montalbo estimated the wholesale value of the marijuana seized at $220,000, and said the operation could have yielded $800,000 to $1 million a year.

The Santa Cruz County Anti Crime Team asked anyone who has information about the case to call 831-454-2320.

3,600 plants? try 10 million a year.....at least

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
thats pretty crazy wish i could see how an indoor mushroom farm was converted to grow herb....dude had some nice properties too wonder if hes gonna face money laundering charges as well due to his development company..

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats pretty crazy wish i could see how an indoor mushroom farm was converted to grow herb....dude had some nice properties too wonder if hes gonna face money laundering charges as well due to his development company..

well their's a real well know attorney here in SC...his retainer is $5K...now this is a RUMOR but...word on the street is ...you pay the retainer...you will NEVER see the inside of a jail....now more money may be needed later to (cough) lube the "system" but it seems old liberal Santa Cruz has a well entrenched "old boy" network.

Even the news reported they will probably at WORST do the work farm and can leave their if they have a "day" job.

Now that's just here say so....but........

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I don't think 5K is going anywhere with a bust this size.
can't believe cops and anyone else with a nose couldn't smell a grow this big.
8 months investigating??? how many units a year output from this factory???
Check out the size if their soil mixing area and equipment!

Use Bing to search this address and go to birds eye and zoom in. Bings maps are waaaay
mo better than googles.
mushroom farm
20 Hecker Pass Rd, Watsonville, CA 95076

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
the property is huge and probably worth at least six figures...if they put in 8 months then they definately need to recoop their costs and a 8 month investigtion probably runs 100k a month.

santa cruz is pretty liberal but these are still pretty big charges..also depends if its state vs federal...if those goes F than thats 10 years MMS for the amount they had..

amannamedtruth

Veteran

Damn shame

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Santa Clara Marijuana Evacuation: County Deputies Clear Out Growing Operations

Santa Clara Marijuana Evacuation: County Deputies Clear Out Growing Operations

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/02/santa-clara-marijuana_n_2391892.html?ir=San+Francisco

Dangling on ropes suspended from a helicopter, sheriff's deputies were dropped into eight rough and remote Santa Clara County locations last week to dismantle clandestine marijuana operations and haul out environmentally unfriendly gear.
That included miles of black plastic irrigation tubing, propane tanks, car batteries, camping supplies and gardening equipment, along with food wrappers and other trash. Deputies found a Honda muffler on an isolated mountainside that they believe was used to cut down noise produced by a generator.
All told, the efforts by the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office Marijuana Eradication Team and several state Department of Fish and Game wardens cleared four tons of material from marijuana fields off Pacheco Pass Highway, Croy Road, Casa Loma Road, Gilroy Hot Springs Road and areas inside Henry W. Coe State Park.
No arrests were made, but officials hope it will deter future fields from springing up as well as prevent pollutants from entering creeks and tributaries.
"It's amazing just how much damage the unlawful marijuana cultivators cause to the environment, and the amount of trash they bring to these pristine locations in our county," stated Detective Jeff Puente, a full-time member of the sheriff's Marijuana Eradication Team, in a news release. "As an avid outdoorsman it saddens me to think of the amount of time it will take for these areas to fully recover."
The crews are taken to the sites --which would likely be a four- or five-hour hike -- via "short hauling," or hanging from 100-foot lines dangling from a helicopter.
Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Jose Cardoza said the operations are found in various ways -- sometimes from a tip, other times by authorities seeking them out, including from the air.
According to the release, it is "a common method used which allows for less time hiking into the site and easier removal of the garbage," which would otherwise take days to pull out.
In 2012, the Marijuana Eradication Team removed more than 91,000 plants and 500 pounds of marijuana at various grow operations, 22 of them outdoors and seven indoors. They made 21 arrests and confiscated nine guns.
The sheriff's office receives grant money from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency to fund eradication and environmental cleanup operations.

Latest posts

Latest posts