What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2011 Norcal Intel

Endur

Veteran
209,Cali- Central Valley, I was flown over today, @ around 4PM...Local Sheriff's Dept. Helicopter.
Hope they are not too concerned on my 3 little Girls.

Guava

im in socal they're flying over my property everyday. Cant say that they are looking for grows though im sorta in the city, sorta near the hills, so the they're always flying. im sure they have seen my grow.

Yep! Man, I must be directly in the flight path of both lapd and sherriff, because each fly DIRECTLY over my pad several times a day.

I'm close to lax and santa monica airport. Every few weeks or so this big ol black thing comes out at night, sounds like it's jet propelled, and it has that big thing at the front that I assume is thermal imaging. Flies low and slow.

Also, once a week or so, lapd is chasing someone down in the neighborhood, flying around in circles for an extended period. At night, of course, this is accompanied with spotlight. Sometimes they circle for 20-30 min.

Anyhow, never dared grow more than 6. This year I have one auto. Just had a weird feeling about this year. Never had any problems.

G

guest4098

Was hanging out near the Ukiah airport today and watched 9 helicopters depart south and fan out into the distance. One was the sherrif and all departed together.

Lake has a new sherrif who stated before the election he would not accept dea money to fly anywhere but state and Nat forests.

kinger

Veteran
209,Cali- Central Valley, I was flown over today, @ around 4PM...Local Sheriff's Dept. Helicopter.
Hope they are not too concerned on my 3 little Girls.

nice to see another 209 in the house,I havent seen any fly overs yet

ziggyzane

So, while we're on the topic.. i've never been too sure, do any of you folks know if its perfectly legal to just add up scripts and grow collectively on a property without any caretakers in the mix? This year im doing 24 in 45 and 30 gals, myself and three other people and we are all patients, so six per patient, seem safe to you guys? ive done like 8 bushy plants some years 6 monsters others so I dont know how worried I should be.

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
Sounds safe, just have all four patients Scripts on on display and posted before you enter the garden area.

ziggyzane

Yeah i'm making a big ass sign with all the scripts and a sample collective contract I got off americansforsafeaccess and a red cross...I feel i'll definitely get a visit from local leo at some point though. The plants probably stand out a lot to the helicopters flyin by everyday.

S

SicKSKills

Lots of activity over Sonoma county, 4 choppers out today, local sheriff and 3 smaller bubble type(look like feds) all just came in for the day within 20 min of each other, 2 flying together in a mini convoy.

JOJO420

Veteran
Copters all week in da 310-323, plus a plane

Copters all week in da 310-323, plus a plane

Saw copters all this week in SoCal mountains near L.A.. They were looking at the state lands and county lands mostly. They were small bubble type Hughes copters mostly. I did see the big blue and white bird do death spirals over the state land for hours one day however... Not sure what came of it as it was miles(5 at least) away...The little birds were working in pairs and were flying all over , not in strait lines and not fast. They flew all up n down and all around the canyon. They seem to be flying low over the state park and keeping altitude over the private lands. They went close enough for me to think they saw my hillside, but they were angling away and moving fast after a week of constant activity looking at the parks ad whatnot, I hope they missed me :)
My bigger concern is this plane I see every day while the copters are out.., its got square wings with Blue n white markings flying as slow as a plane can fly in grid patterns over the whole entire canyon and surrounding hills. It was up there 8000 ft + altitude granted, but it was there all last week and this week also.. I think they are doing film to study later?? IDK,lol.. But i hate it none the less,lol.

jescowhite

Last two days I have seen heli's going on a scavenger hunt. Drove by the Ukiah airport and counted 7 birds. seems that they are gonna be busy.

This seems to be a daily thing out of the ukiah airport. I've heard people say as many as 14! Potter valley is getting flown hard, been seeing them a lot cruising up the coast low with the nose down looking. I had a fixed wing plane (cessna?) flyover a bunch of times the other day after he spotted the grow, looked like a white plane with with some red design on the bottom of the wing, he flew over enough times it was a little creepy.

The blue & white copter is DEA, sounds like they use that thing all over the state.

jtk707

Its gonna be a hot summer

Its gonna be a hot summer

I run from sonoma county to trinity and all ive seen is increased patrols and flyovers . In trinity the local twig pigs or green trucked national park police have been checking Ids and scripts when people are pulled over , witch is happening more frequently .The gov has us right where they want us . They can tax clubs and still spend millions lookinf for ganja Peace and stay safe peeps

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
god damn thats alot of activity lately...havent seen anything out of ordinary up in butte county mountains outside of chico...a couple random flyovers but all regular cessnas and shit...

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well up north of Santa Rosa..

I'm seeing two birds following each other for the last week. one right behind the other, both black and look pretty new ( but I don't know helicopters )

and I'm seeing at least twice daily the fly around, not sure if there looking up more north and coming back or what

JOJO420

Veteran
Saw the little bird out today in the 310. Was flying as slow and low as I have ever seen a copter fly.. Right on the rooftops almost.. He was floating and hovering over all the people who live on the ridge tops on the other side in the canyon. I was certain he was gonna come and look us over, but he didn't. I keep getting lucky,lol. Don't know how much longer this luck is gonna last :)

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Reports from northern Mendo are that a couple choopers have been spotted in the last couple weeks, but that activity is about 1% of what it was in 2010, they are calling it oddly quiet. It's pretty early though, they're just getting started.

305guy

209....Saw a huge chopper, reminded me of a chinook, that was 3-4 weeks ago, all green, flying high, and fast, well to the North of me. Im not really sure what to look for though, first time inspecting the skies. Though that has been my only siting in months.

Is there a way we can set up a thread or something that helps us to know what we should be looking for as far as markings and vehicles types, flight patterns, etc.? for the newbs ;-) lol

Thanks

vorzh

209....Saw a huge chopper, reminded me of a chinook, that was 3-4 weeks ago, all green, flying high, and fast, well to the North of me. Im not really sure what to look for though, first time inspecting the skies. Though that has been my only siting in months.

Is there a way we can set up a thread or something that helps us to know what we should be looking for as far as markings and vehicles types, flight patterns, etc.? for the newbs ;-) lol

Thanks

Beware of the blue and white choppers, that's DEA for sure.

Low flying fixed wings planes with the nose pointed down indicated they're looking.

Anything that passes over you twice in a short period is not likely a commercial vehicle, also :).

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
western shasta Co was flown in a grid little less than a month ago. they used at least one chopper small black unmarked in conjunction with a low flying single engine prop plane.

my area was/is popular with the cartel and a lot of folks pushing count limits to obscene proportions.

wish it wasnt that way...