What's new

2011 Norcal Intel

WayOutHere

when i marked this as 'helpful', i meant to quote it.

do you have any actual intel to report that has the feds using predator drones for marijuana search/eradication operations on US soil or is this just speculation? As far as i know, the use of Predators on US soil is currently limited to Homeland security border operations.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/95...okays-Predator-drones-surveillance-on-US-soil

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dator-drones-Mexico-spy-drug-traffickers.html

While this is an interesting development in the growth of the American Police State, this thread is for posting real information regarding current operations in California. I am very interested to see what will happen in Mendocino as a result of this new classification.

There are definitely drones flying. they have been using them in my area for years. See them multiple times a season.

G

guest8905

fighting so called cartels goes in the 'homeland security' category for leo.

i would bet a few bucks on the fact they r using not only drones but live satellite technology

mapinguari

Veteran
Press Release from the Mendocino Co. Sheriff’s Office:

UKIAH, Calif. – We have received many inquiries about ongoing marijuana eradication operations in Mendocino, Lake, Colusa, Glenn, Tehama, and Trinity County. We can confirm these operations are ongoing, however, due to officer safety and security reasons, we cannot release any additional information relating to these activities.

The purpose of this multi-agency, focused operation comprising federal, state and local law enforcement agencies is to identify and eradicate illegal marijuana cultivation sites on public lands in and near the Mendocino National Forest, and to conduct reclamation activities on the environmentally affected areas.

Prop 215 medical marijuana grow sites are not being targeted as this is not the focus of the eradication and reclamation effort.

JOJO420

Veteran
310 and surrounding mountains are being flown weekly, if not daily. Focusing on the state and fed land, but are flying the private land on the way to and fro... I have never seen copters that low in Ca.. It reminds me of Hawaii :(

T

Trinity Gold

South Trinity had a fixed wing plane flying around circling taking aerials today. You could see the flash...

nomaad

Veteran
Not sure aerial cameras woulduse a flash as it would not actually light up the target area from such a distance and would rather have the effect of illuminating whatever water vapor might be in the air around the camera, screwing up the long distance photography.

Its more likely that you saw the sun glinting off a lens as the camera mount moved the camera. Like doing morse code with a mirror.

jescowhite

operation "full court press"

operation "full court press"

ukiah daily journal article...

"Full court press" ... yikes, doesn't sound good!

Operation to clear illicit pot gardens from forest begins

Ukiah Daily Journal Staff
Posted: 07/22/2011 04:19:47 PM PDT

A six-county, multiple-agency operation to eradicate illicit marijuana gardens in the Mendocino National Forest and on public lands has begun, the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office announced Friday.
The effort, which Mendocino County Sheriff Tom Allman talked about last year, began with a two-day symposium in December to begin coordinating and planning. Training and activity began July 15.
"We have received many inquiries about ongoing marijuana eradication operations in Mendocino, Lake, Colusa, Glenn, Tehama, and Trinity County. We can confirm these operations are ongoing, however, due to officer safety and security reasons, we cannot release any additional information relating to these activities," the MCSO said in a prepared statement.
The purpose of the multi-agency, focused operation, comprising federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, is to identify and eradicate illegal marijuana cultivation sites on public lands in and near the Mendocino National Forest, and to conduct reclamation activities on the environmentally affected areas.
Medical marijuana gardens grown under state the Compassionate Use Act, Proposition 215, are not being targeted as they are not the focus of the eradication and reclamation effort, according to the MCSO.
"Large-scale illegal marijuana cultivation leads to deforestation, damages wildlife habitats, and induces hazardous chemical pollution," the MCSO stated. "The use of herbicides, pesticides and rodenticides can
Advertisement

cause extensive and long-term damage to ecosystems and impact public drinking water for hundreds of miles." Reclaiming the devastated areas is a key component in the ongoing operations, according to the MCSO statement. Removing trash and infrastructure at in the sites helps to restore the land to its natural condition. Hundreds of pounds of hazardous debris and trash, including propane tanks and empty pesticide containers are removed from these sites each year, according to the MCSO.
"This process makes the lands available once again for current and future generations to safely enjoy recreating on public lands and benefiting from clean water and healthy natural resources.
"We ask for the public's patience and understanding as we conduct these operations and reclaim our public lands," the MCSO stated.
The operation, named "Full Court Press," aims to eradicate illicit gardens, reclaim forest land and garner arrests and convictions, Sheriff Tom Allman stated previously of the effort, which he spearheaded.
The six involved counties share the Mendocino National Forest.
At the December symposium to begin planning the effort, the director of the Northern California region of High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area said Lake and Mendocino counties accounted for more than two-thirds of the 1.56 million marijuana plants seized on public lands in the six counties during 2009.

Sounds good to me......In 2011 there is no excuse for growing on public lands.
As a bow hunter, it concerns me greatly to be in the National Forest with a big amigo grow in almost every canyon.

I was talking to friends in the Potter Valley area recently who are concerned about the amount of flyovers this year. Hopefully the law sticks to the large ops on public land and leaves the med folks alone.....

McDank8O5

WOW...P.S. whats a "big amigo grow"??? I'm in the mid-west... didn't catch the lingo mates..

A cartel grow usually ranging in the multi-thousand plant count range, usually tended to by undocumented Mexican Nationals who are armed and willing to use said arms, and have a nasty habit of destroying the eco-system in the area they are growing.
AKA - The scum of our back country
:tiphat:

Mrpiston38

McD nailed it right on the head. its becuase of these "amigo's" i fear to go deep into the local woods... i used to love to shoot back there too. stay safe folks

Mr.P

305guy

Danger Close Flyover

Danger Close Flyover

Not ten minutes ago, single chopper, white with blue and red stripes. Couldnt get the #, but it was close enough that I could see it very clearly along with the passengers in the chopper. I thought for a second they were just going to land and come say hi. Any ideas? Im in the 209, very small backyard set up, less than 30 holes. flew directly over the house, close enough to hit with a tennis ball.

Should I worry about a knock.

Thanks

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
god damn illeagles gotts ruin it for everybody. the fucked up thing is that when they get cought they get a free ride home and eat there beans and tortilla and the next day there ploting on how to get back to northern cali.the sad thing is they destroy so much wilderness in the process of growing there herb,they leave so much trash,they dump diesel oil and fuel in the rivers. there just some real pieces of shit. i call them target pratice.many years ago me and a buddie had a run in with thoes peeps.lets just say we were hunting,saw dudes they had guns we had guns,lets just say they didnt win that shoot out at the o.k. corral. scared the shit out of them so bad never saw them again on my hunting land. just remember THIS is the WILD WEST.