What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2011 MASTERS

trouble

Veteran
Hey guys, I'm a betting man, I like long shots, I picked Butler early on to win the NCAA, at that time my measly $5.00 bet paid three hundred if they would win, missed that by a lot of shots in the final game, Boo Hoo! But I got a lot of entertaining evenings in those last few games.
So I heard last night about Tigers great day and thought I'd look this AM at what odds he was getting in the sports book, he is favored to win this morning, no long shot here. DD

DoobieDuck's in the house!

Welcome to the 2011 Masters thread my dear friend!

With your excellent talent & skills in Photography, I wish you were at Augusta National this year with a press-pass taking photos to post on ICMAG for us to enjoy.

It would certainly kick-up & enhance the quality of the thread.

:wave:

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good for Rory...I didn't think he could pull it off at Augusta, but I have to reconsider...The boy bombs it and he is good at eliminating the left side of the course, pretty good formula for this tournament...
Is it me or has Tiger been 1/2 club long on a TON of shots this week?...I've never seen him asking shots to get down so quickly, he's been putting from the back fringe all week. I understand some of these are just double crosses, but some of them are just flying! Half of his solid shots have led to scrambling pars instead of birdie looks....with the way he rolled it today, it just doesn't add up to good scoring...too bad, his swing is looking a little more well oiled every time I see it...He's gotta get that goddamn mallet out of his hands...You don't see Crenshaw rolling a MonzaSpider, do ya? He can roll the Newport just fine, he's just gotta get his head out of his ass...
I am a big Cabrera fan, I hope he makes some birdies early and makes Rory sweat...A couple big hitters playing together on Sunday is always fun...
Rory is gunna do it...:)

trouble

Veteran
What more can one wish for?

The stage in set for yet another exciting final round Sunday at the Masters!

White-collar crime is up, dog ownership is down, the world is full of hate, greed, madness, wars, and the people we love, admire, and look-up to the most for guidance to navigate safely through this mad world pass-on before their time, and leaves us behind as if were supposed to know.

After 50+ years of running around this old world, I've come to realize one thing. And that is, as long as there is no dreaded International shortage of good-scotch, good cigars, good weed, good friends, family, and a exciting final round Sunday of the Masters each April, I feel confident everything is going to be OK!

Last edited:

hiker

Is it me or has Tiger been 1/2 club long on a TON of shots this week?...
Great observation, I don't think its distance control, all about the same distance long. One thing I did notice today towards the end, especially on the 14th hole, the greens are really starting to bake, don't know what weather is for tommorow but things could get interesting unless they decide to give them a little shot of water tonite or tommorow morning. Hope you all enjoy your golf season and remember its just a game, have fun with it.:ying:

trouble

Veteran
I believe I see a Tiger in the Pine-Tree's stalking prey at Augusta!

Tiger is getting ready to loot, pillage, and victimize the leader-board!

trouble

Veteran
Again, all that matters is the back 9 on sunday. :dance013:

And what a thrilling back 9 it is!

At the moment 4 tied at -10 with several right on they're asses.

I need another stiff scotch, hit-off this Chem-D, and perhaps a 2mg. bar xanax to clam down!

trouble

Veteran
wow, THAT was very exciting !

I can't ever remember a Masters in 40+ years I've been following the tournament which some many players had a good chance to win it on the back 9 on Sunday.

It was a great & thrilling 2011 Masters indeed!

M

Mountain

It was a great & thrilling 2011 Masters indeed!
Great tournament indeed...with another classic meltdown...lol! At one was wondering if there was going to be a multiplayer sudden death playoff.

trouble

Veteran
Great tournament indeed...with another classic meltdown...lol! At one was wondering if there was going to be a multiplayer sudden death playoff.

I found myself feeling real bad for the young lad, and my favorite Golfer on the PGA tour from Northern Ireland, when his wheels came flying-off his wagon on Sunday..

I had my doubts going into Sundays final round, wether he would be able to handle the pressure, and go wire-to-wire in one the greatest Majors on the tour, however, I didn't expect him to have such a catastrophic melt-down in which he wasn't even a factor & still in the mix on the final 9. He must really feel like shit today!

I thought the same as yourself & many, and expected & hoped for a multi-player playoff. It would have been splendid to see 6+ players, teeing-up today, and still fighting for that green-jacket on Monday!

Last edited:

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
So........ Who picked Schwartzel(sp?)!!!!!!!????? Finishing with 4 birdies!!!!!!! WTF!!!
Rory's collapse was LARGE!!! Too bad.
Day is now WELL known in the golf world!!!! Look out for him in the future!!!

trouble

Veteran
So........ Who picked Schwartzel(sp?)!!!!!!!????? Finishing with 4 birdies!!!!!!! WTF!!!
Rory's collapse was LARGE!!! Too bad.
Day is now WELL known in the golf world!!!! Look out for him in the future!!!

I certainly DID NOT have Schwartzel on favorites to win the 2011 Masters.

Rory's melt-down was colossal, however, I feel confident he will win a green-jacket before his career is over. If his melt-down on Sunday at the Masters wasn't bad enough, Sunday night out of Atlanta, I heard he was on the same 20+ hour flight with Schwartzel to somewhere in the Asia-Pacific region to play in an event this week, and his golf bag was lost somewhere along the journey.

Jason Day has a bright future indeed! Tronic, told me he has the best golf swing he has ever seen before the Masters, and that the kid had the type of game to win at Augusta National, and he was spot-on!

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Don't worry Trouble, plenty of good golf to be had till the Open. Did you catch Manassero's victory this past weekend? How amazing, and cool that a 17 year old is a multiple winner on a major tour, wow! Not only that but it's looking like Rory is developing a bad habit of coughing up the lead in the last round, I hope he's not turning into the 21st century Greg Norman! He's so young though I'm sure he will bounce back, but he needs to start closing the deal when he has the chance. What do you think?

I think winning 156 grand a week after a huge disappointment, and a 25 hour flight, is pretty damn good for a 21 year old kid. He won 128 grand for his play at the Masters, so he can buy a Ferrari to help him get over it.

Tronic

Crazy exciting finish - standard with the Masters!

Quick post from the range ;) LOVE to see Mannasero win!

My boy Kevin Chappel played great golf - he's another young gun from UCLA who will make some noise this year. Won a few times last year on the nationwide - very similar game to Jason Day - consistent and long ; great short game.

More thoughts tonight after some tokes :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts